Discussion and inquiry on earphone comfort

Username: Rene1984

Post Number: 1
Dear music fanatics,

I am a Dutch student (Human Technology) working on an inquiry related to the comfort of earphones (in conchae; like the standard Ipod phones, and in canal). My preliminary inquiry contained a basic anatomical study on the ear. The ear is as unique as a fingerprint.
The reason I am doing this is because a costumer can never tell whether the earphone will be comfortable or not. I find this dubious especially for the more expensive types.

What is your opinion about this? How could the manufacturer/salesman make this choice easier for the costumer? It is even harder to predict the wearing comfort if one will buy it on the internet, is it not?
It would be nice for me, my project, and others if this topic can be discussed here. (I am curious about your opinions and I could also use some of that info for my project).

By this method of approach I hope to finally get some answers of people with experience.

At last I also hope that some of you will be so kind to fill in my questionnaire because it will really help me out!
You will find the questionnaire on this site:
http://www.thesistools.com/?qid=29821&ln=eng

Filling in the questionnaire will take app. 5 min and all data will be processed anonymously.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
René.

Username: Donor

Post Number: 1
That is a good point you bring up.

Many of the higher end earphones, require you to goto an ear doctor and get a custom earmold done. Those molds are shipped to the earphone manufacturer where they make a customer earphone shaped to fit your ear.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us