Sennheiser HD 424 ... Unearthed ...

Bronze Member
Username: Blazingarrow74

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 49
Hey Everyone ... I recently came across a pair of these phones ... They no longer have the yellow foam earpads that came with them: the foam disintegrated over time I guess ... I found a pair of repacement pads online for 11.00 USD ... Just wondering if they were worth the trouble of replacing the pads ...

I already own a decent pair of phones: The Shure E2 buds ... and a cheap (but great-sounding) pair of Maxell's: HP-700F ... Would the old Sennheiser's fare any better ?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3119
For $11, it's worth replacing the pads, and I'm sure they would beat the Maxells. The Shure buds will most likely sound better, though.

Not sure if this is cheaper (as I don't know if the $11 included shipping or not) but this might be worth looking into: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&kw=SEH19543&is=REG&Q=& O=productlist&sku=116356

Bronze Member
Username: Blazingarrow74

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 50
Thanks a bunch Jexx ... that's a much better deal ...

Username: Halaiwa

Post Number: 1
You'll enjoy the Sennheisers....have enjoyed mine for over 25 years. I've tried a lot of earphones since purchasing these, but always return to them because of the extremely comfortable fit (with pads!).

The pads can be had from SennheiserUSA also...about the same price, shipped.

http://shop.sennheiserusa.com/retail2002/ProductDetails.aspx?direct_cat=Parts&di rect_prod=019543

Username: Halaiwa

Post Number: 2
I apologize, the link I provided doesn't seem to work...

Go to sennheiser.com
Select "Shop" and choose "Parts" at the drop down menu...the rest you can fill in accordingly.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9098
I used to love Sennheisers. Used them exclusively for DJ work when whe I was at that stage :-) Have since used Grado and never looked back.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3849
I noticed Grado has plans for headphones that are a bit more modern aesthetically-speaking...what are your thoughts on those?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9280
A modern looking Grado will probably not look right:-)

That is what makes Grado stand out, but as long as the sound is good, it wouldn't matter.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3908
Definitely would be an interesting move for them. Personally, I think it's a great idea if they, like you said, can keep the sound as good.

Up to this point, I have yet to see any pictures of someone wearing a Grado. The closest I've seen is a telegraph operator from the early 1900's Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us