Noob looking for good headphones

Silver Member
Username: Bakerj72

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 117
im more of a car audio guy but i bought some 60$ sony dj headphones a year ago...they broke while travelling. they where great for sound quality. Nowi am thinking of buying another pair.Im thinking about buying a pair of the Sony MDR-V500DJ DJ Swivel Studio Monitor Headphones. if you know of any good headphones available on the internet or w/e that are pretty sterdy(wont break like my last pair) or if i should go ahead and buy those.

basically, i just want a pair similar to my old ones, under 100$, and hopefully ones that will last longer than they did.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2849
The V500's aren't bad, but are mostly built for loudness-which they're excellent at-but don't expect a massive amount of sound quality. Admittedly, the V500 is probably sturdier than what you had, but I've seen all of the nicest (and supposedly strongest built, I mean, they are DJ headphones, and DJ's trash their headphones often) break where the speaker connects to the headband (Technics RP-DH1200, Pioneer HDJ1000, Sennheiser HD280Pro, Sony MDR-V700DJ).

Though I would say the V500's are a good choice. They're comfortable and have a pretty good sound. If you want more sound quality, a pair of Grado SR60's would be the best (though you'll look like the telegraph operator on the Titanic).

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
haha thx alot...

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
my old pair was a pair of mdr 350 or 300 and i liked em alot

Bronze Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 37
The Grado SR60s are excelent, but not good for places like on a plane, they are open type of build. Everyone can hear it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us