Sennheiser HD 495 or HD 497 Headphones

Anonymous
I am considering a purchase of either the Sennheiser HD 495 or HD 497 headphones. The reviews I have read thus far for both appear to be a fairly close match. The HD 495s are more difficult to find at a competitive price. They may be an item that is discontinued by many distributors. Has anyone had first hand experience with both of these sets? My primary objectives are comfort and sound quality. I plan to listen to a range of music with a slight preference to jazz. I will use them at work and with my home stereo. Any thoughts?

the hd 495s are very good for lisening to ure tv or something like that but when you are on a bus or something in public they let the noise out

Username: Tago_mago

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased the HD 497 and they sound good. Powerful bass, slightly imprecise mid-range.

Bronze Member
Username: Freeringtones

Post Number: 85
The HD497 are one of the best headphones I've tried! Much better than any headphones you will find at Wal Mart, and better even than the Sony MDR-V700DJ!

jw_amigowiec
Unregistered guest
I think that from jaaz is better 495, but why? I can't wrote about it 'cause I don't know english very well :P, worth alone compre...

jw_amigowiec
Unregistered guest
I think that from jaaz is better 495, but why? I can't wrote about it 'cause I don't know english very well :P, worth alone comprae...

Anonymous

I have both and it's no contest....497s! They do seem a little restrained at times in the midrange but you'd be really hard pressed to beat 'em for the price.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 959
Not sure if this the right place, I got the "SENNHESER" EH 2200, still in good nick after two years....

Damn good too, for close monitoring on the "Cubase"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us