Transfer video fron camcoder

Anonymous

hi,
i have sony DCR HC 18E camcoder. I tried to transfer video to Pc using sony supplied software (picture package), but its transfering only 3 minutes film. I would like to know, is there any software available which can transfer a full length movie from camcoder to PC. can i use the same sony supplied software for this ? i am not expert in this field , please give me advice abt this matter.

Username: Geomat29

ManchesterUnited kingdom

Post Number: 1
hi,
i have sony DCR HC 18E camcoder. I tried to transfer video to Pc using sony supplied software (picture package), but its transfering only 3 minutes film. I would like to know, is there any software available which can transfer a full length movie from camcoder to PC. can i use the same sony supplied software for this ? i am not expert in this field , please give me advice abt this matter.

Username: Pmcniff

Oakland, CA USA

Hi.....I have a Sony DVD Handycam which came with software which will allow me to store movies on a PC. However, I have a an Apple PowerBook G4 and not only is there no software, I can't even read the files or play them.

Does anyone know of any software package out there that will work like the PIXELA ImageMixer software supplied for a PC?

I have tried downloading MPEG2Works....which does not work. I have also downloaded something called OSEx and Mac the Ripper to convert the VOB files...and again no luck.

So if anyone has any information it would be great. If you need more information please let me know know.

Username: Vcr_ko

I have the same problem w/ George only my Camcoder is Model DCR-HC15E & I also want to transfer or either BURN the full length movie into VCD. My PC has a CD-R drive. Pls. advice for any applicable sofware w/c i can buy. thank for anybody who can help us w/ George.

Unregistered guest
i have a camcorder
model no dcr-trv355e
while transfering to the pc only the video footage is getting transfered while the sound is not..
can any body help me in this regard...its kinda urgent

Anonymous

hi,
i have sony DCR TRV 265 camcoder. I tried to transfer video to Pc using sony supplied software (picture package), but iam not able to transfer recorded movie as it is. I would like to know, is there any software available which can transfer a full length movie with real recorded sound and with out any other picture editings from camcoder to PC? can i use the same sony supplied software for this ? i am not expert in this field , please give me advice abt this matter.

Arty G
Unregistered guest
Hi I had the same problem - WIN DVD Creator came with my DVD writer and you can capture video from the Sony camera using this package. I did download a new USB driver from the Sony site so I don;t know if this was required or not.

Just connect up the camera and turn it on and DVD Creator detected it and allowed me to capture the video.

The Sony software was hopeless - it did not detect my DVD writer and there is no transfer to hard disk facility!!

Username: Jikku

I had recieved the Picture package software alongwith the Sony camcoder DCR-HC40E. But I am unable to capture any video from the camcoder. There is an option to capture the video, but it adds its own music and special effects and does not give me what I had recorded. Can I use any other software or is there any other option in Picture package so that I can capture the software as it is from my camcoder.

Username: Gunner

Im having the same problem with my Sony dcr-hc40. the only way i was able to transfer video to my hard was via a capture card and the rca jacks.

Unregistered guest
Thank you Sony for this wonderful program ...
I have the same problems as all you guys ..
Do you know anysoftwares to transfer ????

Please HElpppppppp

Unregistered guest
Hi All,
SONY has made the Picture Package also very compact like any other sony product!. My advice is just throw the picture package in the bin . If you have money to spent, you can invest in Pinnacle Studio,Adobe Video Collection or Ulead Video Studio. And if you don't want to spent money for the time being. Use Windows Movie Maker. It will give your complete video and audio. Play it Windows Media Player.

Enjoy your video

Username: Alnjos

I had the same problem with my Sony dcr-trv460, it adds its own music and special effects and does not give me what I had recorded, then for coping the movie without effects to your PC, you have to select the "burn vcd" option, this method consist in four steps "1. capture the video, 2. converting mgp, 3. creating disc, 4. finished", this method before creating the disc, copy the movie in a temporal folder and when finished the proccess then delete the temporal files, then you have to coping this temporal mpg files before starting the step 3, and you will have the original video in your PC. If you don't want a video cd then cancel the process in the step 3

Unregistered guest
Ihave the smae problem as romer i have a DCR HC15E camera and i cant capture video from the camera onto my computer along with the orignal sound sony software isnt helpfull .is there any where i can find software to cut mpeg files from the camcorder.i would appreciate anybody helping

Username: Sana

Post Number: 2
I bought a Sony digital camcorder DCR TRV-255E. I got Picture Package Software along with it, which I have properly installed. When I tried to transfer the picture to my laptop, I am unable to do that and when I tried to burn the CD by clicking Burn CD button on camcorder, an error comes up which says that there is no disk in the drive, whereas unused CD is used. Above all, when you go to the settings/options of picture package to look at the target drive, there's neither any option to change nor any options mentioned over there. I would like to know, is there any software available, which can transfer a full-length movie with real recorded sound and without any picture editings from camcorder to PC or if the same software can be used?
Can anyone plz help me with this problem?

I have a Sony DCR-HC40 mini dv camera. I was in the same situation, not knowing how to transfer just plain old video and sound with the supplied USB cable. Well, I already had an HP dvd burner which came with Arcsoft Showbiz DVD2. With this program I am able to transfer video, but not via USB cable. I had to purchase a 4-pin to 6-pin fire wire cable. My camera has a 4 pin firewire "out" and my computer has a 6-pin firewire "in." Showbiz DVD2 was able to detect my camera and allow me to control the Camera options via the firewire cable to transfer the full video to my hard drive. You can also use a video program like Pinnacle or Roxio Media. Hope this helps you out. I know how bummed I was before. :-)

Username: Rtyeryk

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a camcorder to record from a TV screen without seeing dark bars on playback?

Post Number: 3
Sfaryu,
You pmed me, but your profile setup doesn't accept pm's so I have to post here. As far as I know there is no way to transfer just plain video and sound via the supplied USB cable(sony program will auto edit your video). I even spent 20 mins chatting with a sony customer service rep about this.
The only way I know of is via firewire cable. I purchased a "no-name" brand cable for like $8. You can get a Sony brand cable for like $40. I dont know if there's any difference between the quality.
Hope this reaches you. and turn on your pm's.

Username: Mind81

I had the same problems with a Sony DCR-HC30E using Picture Package which came along with my camcorder. I think this software is just useless.

Finally, I managed to transfer video to my PC using Blaze Media Pro (there is a free downloadable trial version). However, the quality of the video is very bad (frame dropping, resolution no better than 320*240). I wonder if there is a software that can solute the problem or the USB connection is really uncapable of transfering video to PC and a FireWire connection is necessary.

I would like to know your opinions!

Anonymous

Is there any software except Sony's Picture Package that can transfer the full video I have taken on MiniDV tape from my Sony DCR-HC40E to my PC using FireWire connection?

Post Number: 4
as i already posted before...arcsoft showbiz dvd 2, pinnacle, roxio are just a few that you can use.

Username: Dipanjan

BangaloreIndia

See Lance's message. I have a DCR-HC40 SONY handy-cam and facing the following problems : Transfer to PC (XP, 128MB RAM) thru USB using Windows Movie Maker. The video quality is extremely bad. Please inform whether I need to upgrade the RAM, avoid USB & use Firewire, use Pinnacle/Ulead to achieve the quality of the video as the original recording.

Post Number: 5
dipanjan,
i would try getting just the firewire cable first.

Unregistered guest
I have a Mac Power Book G4 and I just bought a Sony DCR-HC40E Camcorder. The Software package supplied (Picture Package) did nothing and evn the guys in the Sony Showroom gave up. What a let down!! Now I have a computer whiz coming in this evening who thinks he can help. Will let you guys know if anything else helps - will also appreciate advice from anyone who has been able to resolve this problem.

Thanks - Pritam Vachani

Unregistered guest
Hi everyone,

I have Sony TRV33 camcoer. I m using software supplied with it to convert miniDV video to VCD. I am able to capture the video but it has got very poor quality. I have tried to set all possible settings in 'preferences' dialog. I have used two different computers. I have used MyDVD software also. All has ended with the same problem. I am wondering if there is something I need to do in camcoder itself. Can anyone help me on this?
Thanks
Bhavesh

Daniel Cochran
Unregistered guest
Hi Lance,

Thanks for all your advice here. As a new owner of the DCR-HC40 and new user of miniDV, is it really as simple as the firewire? Do you get to transfer the data from miniDV to the PC that quickly? I can use my Roxio software to capture via USB, but the quality is poor and I had been hoping to get around the "press play and walk away" capture aspect of my old analog video camera.

Thanks again for your advice.

I agree with everyone's experiences here with the Picture Package software - it's junk.

Unregistered guest
Hi to All,
I ve recently purchased a sony trv 460 handycam.i am able to transfer the images and clippings from the memory stick to computer but unable to record the movie from the cassette to the computer . the picture package software supplied permits to view the movie but there is no option of copying it on a computer. I would be glad and indebted if anybody could give me a solution to this problem.
Deepak

Post Number: 6
Daniel,
I can only speak from my experience with Arcsoft Showbiz DVD 2. All I have to do is plug my fire wire in, set the capture duration, and hit record. The camera is controlled from the software. All other capture programs should have this feature.

Deepak,
Read above posts...

BangaloreIndia

Thanks for the advice, Lance. Recently my friend mentioned that Sony used to supply Pixela ImageMixer for Windows (the present PicturePackage has ImageMixer for Mac only) with the handy-cams and the transfer via USB to the computer gives you a direct MPEG-1 format video which you can burn on a CD later. I have seen the videos - they are as clear as the original recording. There's an edit option (similar to Windows Movie Maker) too in the ImageMixer to make clips of the videos and join them into a storyline. All this without using Firewire. So, do you think ImageMixer is the solution to get clear videos & burn them into VCDs without spending on Firewire? Or is it still advisable to have Firewire installed & use ImageMixer with it to get a superior quality of video?

Unregistered guest
hi,
i have sony DCR PC109E camcoder. I tried to transfer video to Pc using sony supplied software (picture package), but its transfering only 3 minutes film (direct to CD-RW can't keep at PC harddisk). I would like to know, is there any software available which can transfer a full length movie (by original sound) from my camcoder to PC. can i use the same sony supplied software for this ? i am not expert in this field , please give me advice abt this matter.

Post Number: 7
Dipanjan,
Not sure. Firewire has a higher data rate than USB unless its USB 2.0, but I only have experience with using firewire. I think the higher data rate allows for better quality transfers.

yt,
Please read above posts. They already answer your question...

marti_n
Unregistered guest
New HC40E, Picture Package V1.0311 211 supplied USB driver will not install on my Win XP pro (sp2)
Windows refuses to accept the driver as legitimate! No updated driver available on Sony sites, Pixela sites (makers of Picture Package) or Micro$oft. Anyone help please? Martin

BangaloreIndia

Hi Lance,
Finally got the Pixela ImageMixer 1.5 for Sony installed. It transfers the video thru USB into MPEG-1 format and you can start & stop the recording at the points you want to edit. Each of these editions are stored as separate files which you can arrange in a sequence that you want while burning on to CD. The quality is very good, but not to match the original recorded version. I will provide you the feedback on the differences between the USB & Firewire transfers once I get the Firewire installed. Thanks for the informations, give updates whenever you come across a newer stuff.
Merry Christmas & a very Happy New Year.
Rgds,
Dipanjan

Post Number: 8
Dipanjan,
No problem, Happy Holidays.

Unregistered guest
hi,
i have sony DCR TRV 265 camcoder. I tried to transfer video to Pc using sony supplied software (picture package), but iam not able to transfer recorded movie as it is, where as its transfering only 3 minutes film.I would like to know, is there any software available which can transfer a full length movie with real recorded sound and with out any other picture editings from camcoder to PC? can i use the same sony supplied software for this ? i am not expert in this field , please give me advice abt this matter.

Post Number: 9
jayasankar,
please read the above posts, you'll find all the info you need.

milkymonkey
Unregistered guest
yes the usb is only to be used for the stills. firewire should be used for the video. good luck all. i just got mine and still trying to figure out all of the features. :-)

Anonymous

Sony has decided not to have any firewire ports on their DVD camcorders. Why? Because PCs do not always supply firewire ports and so now mac in not compatible with all the goddamn sony cams. I just got a new DVD camcorder for xmas and now I cant transfer any film to my Mac ibook. If anyone has an answer that has to do with macs, no not PCs, please tell me. It would save my xmas.

shiela
Unregistered guest
f*ck sony!

makes you hope for something good then they give you sh*t.

Unregistered guest
TO ALL HAVING TRANSFER PROBLEMS WITH SONY CAMERAS AND SOFTWARE. You must read this and put this into action. There no other simpler way!

I have a Sony DCR-PC100E. Excellent camera. I use WinDVD Creator and a Firewire card and connector to my computer. All works perfectly!

USB port is too slow for video and sound data transfer! Hence it does not transfer all data. Particularly with later cameras, or high res cameras. You must use Firewire (or what is called a 1394 connection). The Kouwell card I installed in my machine came with WinDVD Creator and cable complete. I got this card with cable and software at Harvey Normans for $49AUD. This card is nothing special. All works perfectly!

As for file length problems, there is an option in the TOOLS/OPTION/OUTPUT FORMAT menu that specifies file size limitations. Change this if you want bigger files.

khonkhon
Unregistered guest
I have the DCR-HC15E, can someone tell me how to active the "burn vcd button" on this model?? It will be of great help!!

Unregistered guest
I am also facing the same problem of downloading tape video to disk.

I wonder why USB cable is not capable of dumping high quality video to disk, but it can be used to burn a high quality VDC.
Perhaps, we all can contribute to writing a dummy CD device driver that can dump the VDC data on disk instead of writing it to a CD :-)

Regards,
Amit

Billywiz
Unregistered guest
I have a TRV255e camera that my PC cannot recognize. I have installed the drivers that came with the camera and uninstalled them to be replaced with a sony camcorder usb driver that I downloaded. Can anyone tell me the secret of how my PC will recognize my camera as an extra drive ie: drive F . I will not use the picture package that came with the camera after reading this forums threads and hope that someone has a solution for me

Cheers

Anonymous

Sony DCR HC40 - Using firewire cable and movie maker works fine. I would like to get the time and date on the video. It shows up on the LCD screen but is not transferred to the computer video.

Any ideas how to get it on the video?

scrappy
Unregistered guest
I have been tinkering with my HC-20 camcorder for a week or so now. The most success with picture quality I've seen so far is with the DV cable w/Hauppauge capture software, I've heard there are other dv capture programs too, but since it's free give it a try (it's made for their wintv card, but it works with dv input).

http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/wintv2000/wintv2k40_21126.exe

You will need a dv/firewire cable (ebay <$5 and a firewire port if not support by existed pc hardware also <$20).

PhyllisALive
Unregistered guest
I bought a Sony DCR HC40 in August 2004. Being very new to camcorders I had no idea that I was suppose to receive the picture package software and the computer application guide as I was told by a friend of mine. When I looked in the box there was no software or guide. Could anyone tell me where I could get the package?

ALive
Unregistered guest
I bought a Sony DCR HC40 minicam in August 2004. However, there wasn't the picture package software or computer application guide with it. Does anyone know where I could get this software package?

Paulie
Unregistered guest
I am about to purchase a Sony CDR HC40 dv camera. Just wanted to know how all of you current owners feel about the image quality as well as the other aspects of this camera.I plan on recording footage and transfering it to my laptop via Firewire and then editing it using Windows Movie Maker and then sending it back to the dv camera so that I can hook my camera up to my VCR and make a VHS tape. If anyone can tell me if they have noticed any quality lost in the image through the process of editing and then transfer to VHS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Joben

Hello All,
Lately I bought the Sony DCR HC15E camcorder and I will be very happy if someone an tell me :
1. How to activate the "Burn VCD" button.
2. Which Software Package is recommneded to Burn movies to CD .

Thanks A lot
Joseph Bnv.

Username: Joben

I guess there is no burn vcd option you have to use different SW package which activate the burning automatically . (If you know about any hidden button please update me)

Sincerley Joseph

Unregistered guest
Ihad recieved the Picture package software alongwith the Sony camcoder DCR-HC40E. But I am unable to capture any video from the camcoder. There is an option to capture the video, but it adds its own music and special effects and does not give me what I had recorded. Can I use any other software or is there any other option in Picture package so that I can capture the software as it is from my camcoder.

Raul
Unregistered guest
Hello All,
I have Sony HC-15 e Camcorder and the porblems are as follows :-
1 ) Picture packager does not copy video on pc
( when copied file run in win-movie player it hangs )
Does any one know about any other software

SOS
Rahul

Tally
Unregistered guest
Please help!
I recently bought an IEEE 1394 PCI firewire so I can transfer my video from my samsung D23 camcorder to my PC. I have successfully installed the PCI card. I also have the firewire cable (6-pin to 4-pin)and window movie maker running on windows XP but I still cannot transfer the videos from the camcorder to PC. Do I need additional software and hardware? Your help is very much appreciated

Unregistered guest
If you have Windows XP, you do not need a driver. However, you do need a firewire cable (other names for this cable are i.Link, or IEEE1394) and a firewire port on your computer. I bought a Firewire card with a cable included in the box for $50 AUD. I have not used the camera with any other version of Windows. The firewire card should still work with other versions of Windows and the drivers for the card come with the card.

With XP, it will recognize the camera like a hard drive on your machine and you can download stills via a download wizard within XP. I am not entirely happy with this method of downloading the stills off the memory card as the resolution is reduced to 320 x 288. The best way is with a memory card reader plugged into the computer via USB -- a reader was part of the original accessories with the camera.

The video has to be captured using software like WinDVD Creator (easy to use basic editing, again resolution reduced to 320 x 288), or Avid Free DV (FREE program off the net -- difficult to learn but highly flexible semiprofessional level. Resolution can be as high as 768 x 576 when exporting. Came second to Adobe video editing software which is worth $1500 AUD in Decmber 2004 APC Magazine), or PictureGear (a very basic program) that came with the camera.

The S-Video cable will connect only video to your computer -- NO SOUND. You would also need to install drivers for your video card to allow input from the camera direct to your video card via the S-Video cable. I do not know if this will then feed data to your video editing software. It seems to me to a very much more complicated way of doing what is so simple with the firewire card.

Hope this helps. Call again if you need any more help or explanation.

Unregistered guest
Tally (put your email address in next time for easy response),

When you connect the camera to the PC via the firewire connection does it appear as a drive on "My Copmuter"?

Describe the whole process, step by step, of what you do from connection to starting the download in Windows Movie Maker in an email to me, or as a post to this site.

Need more detail of what you are doing to give an answer!

Shane

Anonymous

We have a Sony DCR-TRV460. We would like to know how to burn a DVD. We have a computer with a DVD that will R/W. Otherwise, we do not have a clue. Can you give us a step by step? Email would be good if you do that. Thanks.

Sharad
Unregistered guest
Hi, I bought a Sony DCR350E in december.It's really good camera but finally even I am facing same problems of transfering videos to computer. But now after reading posted msgs got answers to many of my questions. Thanks to everyone and special thanks to Lance and Shane.

Sharad

faijai
Unregistered guest
hey guys just bought the dcr-hc30e and dont have a way of transfering dv tapes contect to PC. Ive read the posts about firewire and pinnacle which made me download pinnacle studio 9 BUT the problem is that the software requires firewire to transfer. I do not see a firewire connection on my DV cam. so does this mean i cannot use firewire? if this is the case, whats a good software to transfer BOTH video and audio via USB to PC?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2517
Yes you do...it is called a DV OUTPUT, if you have DV Tape, more than likely you have one. Look around your camcorder, you will find a small square hole that is marked DV OUT or DVI OUT. You are going to need a cable, DV to IEEE1394. They go by different names, but do not go by USB.

faijai
Unregistered guest
Thanx thanx berny! info was very useful!!

Unregistered guest
i have sony hanycam camcoder DCR-TRV260 and i have many problems with its software "picture package"like i cant copy my recorded video on a tape to my hard disk,,,and it burns all the 750MB VCD for 10MB or less video so i searched for any other software that solve these problems but i cant find it please try to help me...

Unregistered guest
When I try to make a VCD, it says "please insert a writeable CD-R disc" or "the target drive is empty". While the other programs recognize my CD-RW.

help me!
Unregistered guest
Sony DCR-TRV18 - Using firewire cable and movie maker works fine. I would like to get the time and date on the video. It shows up on the LCD screen but is not transferred to the computer video.

Any ideas how to get it on the video? Please help me!

Anonymous

I have a Sony DCR-TRV18. Able to transfer video to PC via firewire & movie maker - no problem. However, I can't get the DATE on the video transferred, although it can be viewed while transferring. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

I have a Sony DCR-TRV18. Able to transfer video to PC via firewire & movie maker - no problem. However, I can't get the DATE on the video transferred, although it can be viewed while transferring. Any suggestions?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2586
You can't transfer the date, you have to put it in yourself on the final edited product.

Piyas
Unregistered guest
I want to make the VCD files in the Hard disk. as I am using my office pc, the xp and the cd burner are not in the same pc. I would like to create a 60minute movie. Any help please. I have sony picture package and HC40

Unregistered guest
I' have a HC-20 since yesterday.
I was trying to burn a VCD, de conection is ok, but the wonderfull "Picture Package", doesn't find my CD-BURNER.... or doesn't recognize it.
żIs there a list of compatibles CD-BURNERS for this program?...
żWhat else can I do, if my CD-BURNER is not compatible with the program???
Thank You...
Anwers with copy to my email please
jlchm@viabcp.com

Unregistered guest
I have a SONY TRV 265 handycam. I am able to download the movies to CD-R through the 'Picture Package' software supplied with the camera. The streaming movie in the PC or in TV is good. But when played from the CD, the image quality is not good and the images are seen in frames.

Can anybody suggest how to to get a free flow movie?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2631
Bijay,
You may want to use a different medium...use DVD instead of CD. Try a different software like ulead or pinnacle dvd authoring softwares, even roxio.
Are you using firewire to transfer movies?

Unregistered guest
Hi there

I have just been given a sony dcr-hc30e from my very generous sister to record our new born baby!!! But we cannot load the Picture Pacakge software on our Mac - it is meant to be OK for Mac. Also, we are using a USB cable as supplied. Can anyone help us all? We are desperate... done? we not use a USB? How can we get Picture Package to open? Is there better or more suitable software? Can we download it somewher?

Many many thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2693
Alex,
try using a firewire.
Your Mac should be able to detect the camera with no problems. Macs are a lot better with video cameras.

You shouldn't even need the software.

Unregistered guest
HI

I had already posted my problems regarding video transfer from my sony DCR TRV 265 camcoder. I was adviced to use firewire cable. But I don't know how to / where to pluggin this cable in the camera and which type of firewire should I buy fromth market as many types are available there. Moreover is there any specific card is required to be installed??? Plz help me as I am completely confused with this problem

Unregistered guest
I am using DAZZLE 150 to capture video from my camcorder and VHS, no problem getting them to the hard drive "MY VIDEOS" folder. Where the problem comes in is copying them to DVD???? Says doesn't reconize format??? I have NERO and the DRAG & DROP feature in my PC..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2701
Jayasankar,
That particular camcorder should have a DV output. When buying the cable, you need something that is called IEEE1394
it would like this

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10248683&SearchEngine=Froogle&SearchTe rm=10248683&Type=PE&Category=Comp&dcaid=17379

The specific card is called a firewire card or iLink card.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2702
Harvey,
Unfortunately some videos cannot be burned on to a DVD by simple drag and drop. Most of them need to be encoded into the proper format.
I am not very familiar with NERO, but most of the time when you want to burn a DVD, you have to specify to the program what you want to happen.

In most video and DVD authoring programs, you start with the basic dialog box and then the next step is chosing what you want to burn, i.e., VCD, DVD, Data CD, etc.

For simple data, you can almost always use the drag & drop function. Not so for DVD that need encoding.

Lost in
Unregistered guest
I have a Sony Handycam Model DCR-PC5 and I am attempting to transfer video from the camcorder to my PC then ultimately on to CD. The image of the video on my LCD screen, during video capture includes the actual date/time the video was taken, but the date/time does not appear on my PC monitor. What's wrong? I am using Movie Maker. Once transferred to my PC, the video is in WMV format. How do I convert to MPEG so that I may burn it to CD. Eternally grateful for any and all help. Thank you!

Username: Bosedayala

Hyderabad, AndhraPradesh India

I have Sony DCR-TRV 33E PAL camcorder ...I don't have the Software CD supplied by Sony....can somebody guide me to copy the content from Tape to CD from my camcorder..thanks in advance....by the way what is exact software supplied for this model and from where I can download it..pls help me out !

Siva
Unregistered guest
Guys,
Dont try with USB cable to transfer movie from your handycam to PC. I was struggling for so long and finally i went for Firewire cable with Ulead Video Studio, got a better result. Heard that Adobe is much better than Ulead. All the best guys!!

Unregistered guest
hi.
i have dcr-trv-18.i lose my software cd and now i want my software for download my movie in my pc,can u send me copy of software by mail,or can u give me adivce what i should do now,

Unregistered guest
When I try to copy the video from the Sony camcoder DCR-HC40E, it says "please insert a writeable CD-R disc". I have formatted the system. I have also purchased the Firewire port and the cable. Dont know how to copy from the IEEE cable too. How do I make a VCD ? please help.

Anonymous

Hi, I have a notebook that I would like to use to do light video editing ( I also have a Sony DCR-PC5 camera), but it has no firewire port! What are the options? Is there an external drive I could buy with firewire in and USB to connect it to the notebook, and will the connection work for editing and then burning a VCD? Or are there other options I don't know about? Thank you in advance!

Unregistered guest
Hi everyone. I just bought myself a HC40. Everything is great except, when I plug it into my firewire port nothing happens under Win XP. However, on the lcd screen it says DV in. So now I am surely confused. According to the camera, there's connection between my pc and itself however it doesn't show up as a device neither can any of my apps access/control the camera.

Your help will be much appriciated.

Rajeshori
Unregistered guest
Phyllis

I had the same prob. When I bought the SONY DCR TRV 20 four years ago, I was new to video and left the country right after I purchased the cam. When I came back, the BestBuy salespeople blamed it on me why I didnot check it and all.
Since then, I just do not know what to do! It is on the back burner since I got into still photography. Believe me it is lot more comfortable than video format.

Rajeshori

Unregistered guest
I have a SONY DCR 33E camcorder . I went through the chain of communications but have not yet find an appropriate solution in general to the problem that how to download images captured to the personal computer .It would be nice if somebody can just write steps to do that in very simple language and straight forward so that it will be a solution to many of the queries which I found in the chain . Well I must say thanks in advance to the gentleman or gentlewomen in advance who replies to this query.

Unregistered guest
PLZ HELP THIS THING IS DRIVING ME CRAZY

i have successfully installed a VIA OHCI compliant pci ieee 1394 card,i connect the cable to pc and cam,i set my cam to VCR ,

but ulead and other video editing softwares don't detect my canon MVX20i. In device manager under network adapters there is a yellow exclaimation mark on 1394 net adapter in properties it says code 10 error, could this have anything to do with the problem?

.......PLZ...help i have been working on this for like 4 weeks now, 5 hrs a day...and a still nothing...i would appreciate all help....thanxx

plz email me for some info PLZ i would be most Thankfull.....
eissamania@hotmail.com

need help with IEEE 1394
Unregistered guest
OR ADD ME ON MSN...AND COULD HELP ME THROUGH DAT THANXXXXXXX

eissamania@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
I have a sony DCR HC 30 E. Installed the picture package but each time i try to copy the movie onto the CD using a cd writer it says Please insert a cd, when there is a disk in it. It is not recognising the cd at all. I want to see my babies movie in the CD and we are not able to do it. please guide

Unregistered guest
I read witrh interest all the posts re: Sony problems. I have the new DCR DVD 301 minidisc. I want to use MovieMaker to edit but computer does not list it as addit'l equipment and included software makes a MPEG file that MovieMaker can import as video but there is no sound. How can I get my movie into Windows as an .avi file type so MovieMaker can import it.

kuchkuch
Unregistered guest
kipS,
if u wish to edit your footage, stick with a mini DV. dvd camcorders are for people who don't want to have anything to do with editing.

Unregistered guest
I have Sony DCR-TRV355E Camcorder, When i am capturing movie from camcorder to PC, the Picture Result is Not Clear, and Running Slowley.
Please help me.
Thanks

Unregistered guest
I have Sony DCR-TRV355E Camcorder, When i am capturing movie from camcorder to PC, the Picture Result is Not Clear, and Running Slowley.
Please help me.
Thanks

Plz Email me @
mughalnaveed@yahoo.com

Username: Primobmx2007

Post Number: 4
I have a bit of a problem I lost the original drivers for my sony handycam digital 8 dcr-trv260 and formated my hardrive and have no way of importing video becouse my computer will not read that i have the sony handy cam in the usb drive can some help me? Like send me the drivers or tell me where to get new ones?

Roocha
Unregistered guest
Hi guys,
I want to buy handy cam. many options and so many models. Finally with great difficulty i zeroed on Sony DCR HC 32 or Panasonoc GS NV 35. Can anyone help me in deciding. Sony HC 32 does not have microphone in function over GF 35. is it of any use? I am a first time users. Your input will be great help for me.

Unregistered guest
i have a handycamdcr pc-109e.i have lost the picture package software cd,but the mesg posted suggests that it is good that i ve lost it.so could u suggest any compatible software which i can download from the net.
please help

Unregistered guest
I HAVE DCR-HC15E BUT I AM NOT GETTING BURN VCD FUNCTION ON THE SAME PLEASE SUGGEST ME HOW TO CREAT VCD.

Username: Mamad

Dear sir/madam
I have bougth a DCR-HC40E but i could not transfer anythings from/to memory stick by my computer with usb cable (the connection is ok because I did video cd burn).I would be apperciate if any body can direct me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2961
Muhammad,
Get a memory card reader that can connect to your computer via USB.

dickliang
Unregistered guest
For most of questions here, I install sony USB driver and then apply Ulead VideoStudio. It works.

I will not use automatic video producer because it adds its effect which override the original one.

Anonymous

How can Sony send this crap so called software (Picture Package) with their products.
It is low and now I'm thinking of Sony as a low quality product.

Username: Fireman_phil

I have a dcr hc 40e, Pc running xp home and sp1 will not recognise the handycam via the firewire.

Anyone help me please?

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 156
Phil,

This is my complete "connection problems" debugging cookbook, mostly my own work but one or two ideas borrowed from other contributors:

1) Disconnect USB and just use the firewire cable to connect your camera to your PC. Most cameras use only firewire for video and USB for stills. Having the USB connection present might possibly cause a problem
2) If by any chance you have TWO types of firewire interface in your PC (one built-in, one PCI/PCMCIA card), physically remove the external card, and try connecting to the in-built port. If still no good, check in Device Manager that the internal device is OK. If you were using a PCI/PCMCIA card because of problems with an in-built firewire port, make sure the in-built device is really disabled.
3) Play around a bit to make sure there is no "sequence" issue affecting you. By this I mean experimenting with connecting and turning the camera on before, or during the capture programme running
4) Look in Device Manager to check if both your 1394 controller and camcorder are present and correct. The 1394 controller should show up the whole time. The camcorder should show up when you connect it and turn it on, then disappear when you turn it off.
5) If your camera has a socket for a memory card, fit one. One JVC owner I corresponded with said this fixed his problem (and was advice from JVC, by the way)
6) Disconnect all other peripherals (especially USB) in case they are confusing your PC. Just a hunch.
7) Re-instal your capture software.
8) Re-download and re-install your capture software
9) Try a different capture software, e.g. Moviemaker from Microsoft if you use XP, Ulead VideoStudio or Roxio Videowave
10) Think whether have you recently installed any new applications, or upgraded any applications? RealPlayer is one application I have found to conflict with Windows XP wizards
11) Think about whether you have installed any hardware that might be causing a conflict. Not a very common problem these days but still a possibility. Check via Device Manager.
12) Try connecting your camera to a friend's PC and vice versa to work out, through a process of elimination, where the problem lies. Remember that capture will only work if the camera, cable, firewire card and PC are all OK.
13) (Not applicable to Phil White's case) If you are completely stuck, then this interesting - and potentially dangerous - discussion about XP SP2 might be of interest to you. DO NOT try this unless you are confident that you can back up important data and/or Ghost your OS before starting. Exercise extreme care if you follow this route - and PLEASE do let me know if it works.

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/t106716.html

Hope that somewhere in this list I hit the nail on the head. Please let me know what eventually fixes it so I can keep enhancing this knowledge base for the benefit of other users.

Cheers.

Username: Fireman_phil

My mistake, I have found that my PC has a firewire card, used this and all works fine.
Do you think that the inbuild firewire card has taken priority over the card I installed plus which one would be best to use.

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
Phil,

Interestingly, you are the second person this week to have exactly this problem. Yes, it does look like the internal card is taking precedence and I definitely advise you to use that one - especially if it is working!

Cheers.

jensoosterkamp
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have a problem... I have a sony handycam DCR-HC40E. I wanted to burn my movies on a DVD, so we bought a DVD writer and now we don't know how we can burn our movies to a DVD. We only have a USB cable, and (the camera is from my dad) we don't want to buy a other cable... Can someone please help us??? There must be a way to let it work!

Can you help me???

Ihor
Unregistered guest
Hi guys!
1)I have Panasonic PV-DV53(with DV input\output iLink connector);
2)Have Sony laptop(up to date) with iLink(4pin)
3)Have Adobe Premiere Pro,Avid DV(software).
When I connect camcorder to laptop with IEEE 1394 cable(4pin to 4pin).... nothing happens.It doesn't communicate with computer(doesn't recognize it).Adobe Premiere Pro shows that camcorder is offline.
What should I do??? How to make it work???

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
Ihor,

This is my updated "connection problems" debugging cookbook, mostly my own work but thanks to Chico and Berny who also contributed:

1) Disconnect USB and just use the firewire cable to connect your camera to your PC. Most cameras use only firewire for video and USB for stills. Having the USB connection present might possibly cause a problem
2) If by any chance you have TWO types of firewire interface in your PC (one built-in, one PCI/PCMCIA card), physically remove the external card, and try connecting to the in-built port. If still no good, check in Device Manager that the internal device is OK. If you were using a PCI/PCMCIA card because of problems with an in-built card, make sure the in-built device is really disabled.
3) Play around a bit to make sure there is no "sequence" issue affecting you. By this I mean experimenting with connecting and turning the camera on before, or during the capture programme running
4) Look in Device Manager to check if both your 1394 controller and camcorder are present and correct. The 1394 controller should show up the whole time. The camcorder should show up when you connect it and turn it on, then disappear when you turn it off.
5) If you have any doubts about your firewire card, debug as follows: Turn off your camcorder and unplug it from the computer. Remove/uninstall the firewire on your device manager. Restart the computer, wait until windows re-installs the firewire. Re-start again, then wait until the pc is booted up completely. With your camcorder still switched off, plug it in using firewire, then power it on.
6) If your camera has a socket for a memory card, fit one. One JVC owner I corresponded with said this fixed his problem (and was advice from JVC, by the way)
7) Disconnect all other peripherals (especially USB) in case they are confusing your PC. Just a hunch.
8) Re-instal your capture software.
9) Re-download and re-install your capture software
10) Try a different capture software, e.g. Moviemaker from Microsoft if you use XP, Ulead VideoStudio or Roxio Videowave (my favourite)
11) Think whether have you recently installed any new applications, or upgraded any applications? RealPlayer is one application I have found to conflict with Windows XP wizards
12) Think about whether you have installed any hardware that might be causing a conflict. Not a very common problem these days but still a possibility. Check via Device Manager.
13) Try connecting your camera to a friend's PC and vice versa to work out, through a process of elimination, where the problem lies. Remember that capture will only work if the camera, cable, firewire card and PC are all OK.
14) If you are completely stuck, then this interesting - and potentially dangerous - discussion about XP SP2 might be of interest to you. DO NOT try this unless you are confident that you can back up important data and/or Ghost your OS before starting. Exercise extreme care if you follow this route - and PLEASE do let me know if it works.

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/t106716.html

Hope that somewhere in this list I hit the nail on the head. Please let me know what eventually fixes it so I can keep enhancing this knowledge base for the benefit of other users.

Cheers.

Ihor
Unregistered guest
Hi Gromit.
Thank you for your update!
I saw your previous post... but... it didn't help... :-(
I did #1(I don't have USB in the camera).
Did #2(I have "OHCI Comliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller" and PCMCA adapters ("Rocoh R/RL/5C476(II)or Complatible CardBus Controller").Disabling or uninstalling one of them(at a time) didn't solve the problem as well).
Did #3.
#4: Device Manager don't show camcorder's 1394 controler, only laptop's.
Did #5.
#6 not for me.
Did #7.
#8, #9 and #10 didn't help as well.
#11, #12 - don't think so.
#13 can't do that right now :-(
#14... I realy stuck :-(:-(:-(...

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
Ihor,

Ouch!

Regarding #4, if everything is working, you should see the camcorder appear under "Imaging Devices" when you connect it and turn it on. Sounds like that is not happening. If Windows can't see the device, then it is a logical conclusion that the application won't, either.

You really need to start replacing various pieces of the system, preferably via a friend's set-up(I know you said you can't do that just now). Even something simple like the cable could be faulty.

Based on what you have (painfully) experimented with and told me, I'll say that the problem is probably (in descending order of likelihood):

a) your camera's firewire interface. Can the shop check it for you?
b) your firewire cable. Cables are available under $10 so this must be worth trying.
c) the interface on your firewire card (just because it shows up OK in Windows doesn't guarantee it is 100% perfect). A PCMCIA card wouldn't be too expensive, but don't forget to disable the on-board one if you try this!
d) The suspected XP SP2 issue, if you are indeed running XP SP2. Do you have the knowledge and resources to try that scary experiment?

By the way, what is your location?

I'm looking forward to solving this one with you!

Cheers.

Ihor
Unregistered guest
Thank you Gromit for trying to help.I appriciate you for doing this!
At first I want to say that everything is working now!!!:-)
In Imaging Devices I didn't see camcorder(there were only my printer and web camera).
Cables are fine.I have 2 new cables.One for $1(from eBay),one from "CompUSA" for $25.
Right now I don't have friends here(where I live),that is the reason why I couldn't do that in friend's computer.Those few friends that I have don't have a good computer with everything that requires.My location is Madison,WI.
I thought that my problem is with camcorder because I jast bought this camcorder on eBay... but it's not new, it's refurbished.But my thinking also was that if it refurbished, then they had to double check it.Then I decided to go to the "Circuit City" and ask them to check my camcorder.They were very kind and did it.It was working perfectly.They said that it probably problem with my firewire.So... they recomended me to buy 1394 Port for notebooks(Card bus) for $40(it has card,4pin to 6pin cord,and software). I did it... and it's working! :-):-):-)
I'm so happy now!!!:-):-):-)
Now I can return that cord for $25 to the "CompUSA" and to make it all work will cost my just extra $15 :-)
Thank's again Gromit!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
Ihor,

You are very welcome and thank you for the appreciation!

Your feedback is very important to help me make these pages as accurate as possible...next time I will move possibility (c) up the list a bit - especially if the laptop is a Sony!!

Have lots of fun and see you around some time.

Cheers.

Username: Kennyliew79

hello,

i have a sony DCR-HC30E. I wanted to transfer my movies into my computer. i don't want those sound and picture effect, can you please tell what can i do about it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
Kenny,

There is more than one way to interpret your question. If you mean:

1) "I have some unwanted effects on my DV tape which I would like to get rid of through editing", then any standard video editing software (Windows Moviemaker, Ulead VideoStudio, Roxio Videowave) should have the necessary features.

conversely, if you mean:

2) "I want to transfer DV into my PC, but only want a bare bones software package, either to save money or avoid being confused by too many unwanted features", then again those packages I mentioned should work for you.

When you buy a firewire card for your PC, you will probably get a firewire lead and software bundled, plus Windows MovieMaker is supplied foc with XP.

Hope that helps.

RosiePosie
Unregistered guest
I have a Sony DCR- HC32. How come everything goes to pot when I upload my video to my PC? The second I start to captiure it, it turns all choppy (lots of frame dropping) although it played smoothly when I was adjusting the settings inthe USB streaming tool. I amusing ht biuilt in USB port, and things got worse when I installed a USB 2.0 PCI card (as was suggested to me by Sony). So I am left wondering what to do next. I may try Firewire but it seems to me that it I need to do that (buy tht interface etc>) should it not be included with that expensive camcorder? Why supply a USB cable if it does not work? Any ideas?

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
RosiePosie,

Here are some guesses about what is happening and some suggestions:

1) When you are doing USB streaming, the settings may be such that only a relatively small screen size and/or quality is aimed for, so USB works fine. But when you try to capture the full DV quality, USB isn't fast enough.

2) Not sure why things would get worse with the PCI card.

3) Yes, you should definitely try firewire. The cards, bundled with software and cable, are only about $30. They are not supplied with the camcorder because (a) some PCs already come equipped with firewire, and (b) different cards are needed for laptop and desktop.

4) USB has its uses for video, but mainly for low-speed streaming and transferring stills from a camcorder memory card. Firewire is heaps better for full DV transfer.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous

I bought a Sony digital camcorder DCR TRV-460E. I got Picture Package Software (1.1)along with it, which I have properly installed. When I tried to transfer and create/write to VCD with my Samsung SM352N Combo writer , I am unable to do that and when I tried to burn the CD by clicking Burn CD button on camcorder, an error comes up which says that there is no disk in the drive, whereas unused CD is used. Above all, when you go to the settings/options of picture package to look at the target drive, there's neither any option to change nor any options mentioned over there. I would like to know, is there any software available, which can transfer a full-length movie with real recorded sound and without any picture editings from camcorder to PC or if the same software can be used? OR Writer problem? Writer is working CD to CD and Hard Disk to Cd etc.
Can anyone plz help me with this problem?

Username: Perlenoir41

Tacoma, WA USA

Hi, i have a JVC mini Dv JR-D270,i want to transfer video to my computer and i can't do it because i dont have the programm in the PC that accept that.i have a cd for the transfer of the pictures, but it dose not work for videos. i have just a USB connector and i wonder if you can help me with some information on how to do it? thanks

Unregistered guest
I Have a Sony DCR-HC15E and I would like to either copy my video direct to hard disc without the picture package nonsense or to compact disc, seeing as though my camcorder does not seem to have a burn VCD button, please could you assist????

Silver Member

Post Number: 355
griffin235,

If your camcorder is equipped with a DV (or i-Link, IEEE 1394 or firewire) port, use that. Buy yourself a firewire card for your PC (bundled with cable/software) if it is not already equipped.

Always make sure the camcorder is switched off when plugging in firewire.

Hope that helps.

Unregistered guest
hi ...
i'm rajeev, i'm facing a problem with my DCR-HC40E camcocoder that when i transfer the captured video from my camcoder to the PC the picture quality is very bad whereas when i play it directly from my camcoder its excellent. Is there any other way to transfer the video from my camcoder to PC (like firewire) so that the picture quality is not disturbed and the transfer rate is also fast.
Few Techinical person told me that "firewire" is the best way out. So please let me know if i have a firewire port in my Camcoder and which software will be used to transfer the video ???

An early reply shall be highly appreciated.

Best Regards

Rajeev Verma

Anonymous

Picture Package is a Real bad software ....the only good thing it does is tht it gets the hell out of you while trying to tranfer videos...it's tht bad.!!!!..The only way u could transfer video is through firewire..with which you can get good transfer rate...which is a welcome relief when compared to Picture package trash...so guys go for firewire...

Username: Who_am_i_

Delhi, Delhi INDIA

Firewire port is the best solution...transfer rate is pretty impressive...picture package allows very less time for capturing video.....SONY people if you are reading this then please in the name of GOD upgrade your S/W.....we don't expect smething like tht frm a Consumer electronics giant like you...........PICTURE PACKAGE is nothing more than a trash !!!!You know wht......Even trash is better in some cases !!

griffin235
Unregistered guest
Thankyou for your advice Gromit much appreciated

Silver Member

Post Number: 464
griffin235,

You're welcome, and hope it worked out for you!

Cheers.

cjc
Unregistered guest
I just bought the sony handycam w picture package software. I am not able to burn my movies onto a dvd from my computer...any suggestions? i have called sony and picturepack, they are useless.

spitz1000
Unregistered guest
I have a Sony HC32, its all connected to my computer via firewire, firewire and camcorder both appear in device manager so its all connected properly. When I try to capture my video using Nero Vision Express, Windows Media Maker, Videostudio etc no capturing takes place the computer controls the camcorder but no picture appears on the computer. Anyone able to help?

Silver Member

Post Number: 477
cjc,

To start this project, you will probably need to buy one or two things (all specific products are just suggestions - each person has their own preferences):

1) A firewire card to connect your camcorder to your PC.

Don't try to use USB unless there is absolutely no alternative. Firewire cards are very cheap (approx $20) and normally come bundled with a cable and video editing software. The editing software is also used for transferring the video to your PC. Both PCI and PCMCIA versions are readily available.

2) A DVD burner

The more expensive models will normally come equipped with quite decent software for making DVDs. By "making DVDs" I mean the way you set up menus, file structures etc. This process is also know as "authoring".

3) Some software

Ulead make a suite of programmes that will cover all your needs. It's easy to use and actually comes bundled with some DVD burners, such as Pioneer. There are two types of software: capture/edit and DVD authoring.

Capture/edit:

Ulead VideoStudio: supplied with Pioneer DVD burners (retail version), many firewire cards, and can sometimes be found free on the cover of PC Magazines.
Roxio VideoWave (the one I usually use). I got mine supplied with a firewire card, but normally I think you have to buy this one
Moviemaker: supplied as part of Windows XP.

Authoring:

Ulead Moviefactory: supplied with Pioneer DVD burners (retail version) or can be bought on-line

Just FYI, the basic steps of making home DVDs are:

1) connect the camera using firewire (you only need to buy a card if your PC is not already equipped with firewire ports) and capture the raw footage. An important note here: make sure at least the camcorder, and preferably the PC is turned off when you connect the cable into your camcorder. This is to prevent possible damage to the camcorder firewire port.
2) edit the raw footage into useable video clips
3) drag and drop the clips into a DVD authoring package and burn the DVD

You can check out this guide for assistance on using Ulead VideoStudio to transfer video from your camcorder to your PC: http://www.jonesgroup.net/media/videostudiodvcaptureone.htm

A lot of the information in the above guide is superfluous though - if you just read the first and last pages you probably have enough to get you started.

I don't have a "how to" reference for MovieFactory but it is quite intuitive to use. You can also find a lot of "how to" guides at www.videohelp.com.

Hope that helps.

Silver Member

Post Number: 478
spitz1000,

In your case, I have OS suspicions. Might be worth you taking a look at these Microsoft patches:

Windows XP Patch: Inconsistent Gap Count Can Cause 1394 Devices to Not Enumerate http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9E8DF3F3-CD0C-4EDB-936A -5F0043E88BB2&displaylang=en

Update for Windows XP (KB885222)
After you install Windows XP Service Pack 2, some 1394 devices (such as digital cameras that use S400 speed) may not perform as expected. Install this update to help prevent this issue. After you install this update, you will have to restart your computer http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ca0f2007-18b5-4112-8bd6 -8bf4bd3130b9&DisplayLang=en

Have you also tried your camcorder on a friend's computer?

Cheers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 480
spitz1000,

Another OS-related issue that might be affecting you is an incorrect or missing CODEC. I don't have a specific debugging tip for this yet.

Cheers.

spitz1000
Unregistered guest
Gromit

No luck with the microsoft patches, USB streaming works fine, but firewire does not start the capturing process. Wondering if there could be an option in the camcorder to set to ilink streaming, but can't see anything in there. I'm at a loss with this, tried 5 different capturing programmes all with the same symtoms.

Not had chance to try a friends computer as they don't have a firewire connection.

Thanks for the help so far.

Silver Member

Post Number: 487
spitz1000,

OK, here's a few ideas:

1) Really dumb, I know, but most video editing programmes do have the option of allowing "no preview" during capture. Just worth a quick check.

2) Can you please confirm what is listed as the active capture device? Is it "Microsoft DV Camera and VCR"?

3) If you are desperate to solve this, can you persuade a friend to allow you to install your firewire card in their PC? It is a fairly low-risk activity. Even if your DV port is built-in, you can buy PCI cards for only about $20. That would also give you other debugging options at home.

4) I am still very suspicious that this is an OS problem. I have experienced "black screen" myself, although I could always clear it by rebooting.

Don't give up - I'm sure we'll find a solution sooner or later.

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
hi , i have camera Sony ( DCR-HC32E ) ,but i don't have any software to caputre...is anyone which software can do with it ? if u trying tell me about to buy software PicturePackage.....but my city is not have E-bank or using CreditCard....please anyone can tell give me the URL to download FREE software and compatible with my Camera....
Thanks

Anonymous

Wow! And I thought I was the only one having problems! Seems there are some excellent problem-solvers out here so I'll just add my head-ache and hope that someone can help me. I've never dealt with video, camcorders and the likes but have at least some computer knowledge.
I have a sony hi8 ccd-trv98e which turned out an excellent hi8 diskette. Now, I want to burn this to cd or dvd in some way but have no clue how to connect the Sony to the pc. I have no video-card, but i do have a tv-card. I don't think I would have any problem mounting firewire-card. However, what is the connection on the sony handycam? The only thing I can find is s-video and A/V out. Can I connect any of these to the firewire-card (or maybe even tv-card?) (terratec tvalue). Thanks in advance for any help/tips.

Anonymous

Wow! And I thought I was the only one having problems! Seems there are some excellent problem-solvers out here so I'll just add my head-ache and hope that someone can help me. I've never dealt with video, camcorders and the likes but have at least some computer knowledge.
I have a sony hi8 ccd-trv98e which turned out an excellent hi8 diskette. Now, I want to burn this to cd or dvd in some way but have no clue how to connect the Sony to the pc. I have no video-card, but i do have a tv-card. I don't think I would have any problem mounting firewire-card. However, what is the connection on the sony handycam? The only thing I can find is s-video and A/V out. Can I connect any of these to the firewire-card (or maybe even tv-card?) (terratec tvalue). Thanks in advance for any help/tips.

Silver Member

Post Number: 497
Anonymous,

As your camera only has analogue outputs, you will need to buy a video capture card for your PC, such as those made by Leadtek (www.leadtek.com).

Make sure your PC exceeds the minimum spec or you may lose information during capture. I would recommend at least 1GHz processor.

Cheers.

Anonymous

Thank you Gromit, much appreciated. I have a celeron 2,66 and 1gb of ram, so I think that would be sufficient. The tv-card won't be any help you think??

Silver Member

Post Number: 503
Anonymous,

Your PC spec looks OK.

Many TV cards also have a video capture facility. Check your user guide, or, if you can't work it out, let me know the model number.

Cheers.

Anonymous

Yes, it seems the card has video-in capability. Remaining question: use a/v or composite? (Both connections available).

Silver Member

Post Number: 510
Anonymous,

I think that you will find that the "AV" port and "composite" connection are functionally identical. If there is an s-video port, that would give better quality.

Cheers.

Anonymous

Thanks again. I got your message just in time to check. What I characterized as "composite" seems to be in fact s-video or "svhs" as it says on my card. Thanks m8, much appreciated!

nick236
Unregistered guest
i have a sony trv 460 and i am trying to hook it up to my sony tv to record something on the tv and transfer that to my computer. like the videos that are on this website www.missionhalo.com. but my tv only has a audio out and no video out. can u help?

Silver Member

Post Number: 524
nick236,

You need a "video out" signal. If you have a VCR available, you can use that.

Cheers.

nick236
Unregistered guest
what is that?

nick236
Unregistered guest
this is what the website told me: I use a Sharp Digital Camcorder and hook it up to the output jacks on my TV. Most TV's don't have a output jacks so instead you can plug it into the output jacks on your VCR. You then set your camcorder to record from an external source, for more info on that read your manual. Then I can just hit record and it will record anything that is on the TV. From there I transfer the video via firewire to the hard drive of my computer. My editing software, Pinnacle Studio 8, has a built in feature allowing you to easily transfer the video. Then I use the editing software to remove and edit clips, add music, and add other effects. I am not too familiar with the video capture cards, but I think you just hook your XBOX to your computer. Once it is edited I export it through Pinnacle to the WMV format. I use a video quality of 768kb per second at a resolution of 320 by 240.

Silver Member

Post Number: 526
nick236,

I see, you want to record from the Xbox. In that case, the description you have pasted here is accurate. I would perhaps word it like this though:

1) Connect the Xbox output to the VCR input

2) Connect the VCR output to the camcorder AV port (assuming it supports analogue audio/visual in)

3) Use the VCR remote so that the VCR's input is set to "Aux" or "L1" or similar.

At this point, the camcorder will be receiving the XBox output. You can follow the camcorder User Guide to record the signal.

If you need to be simultaneously viewing the signal on a TV, then use an AV amplifier to take the signal from the VCR and feed it to both your TV and your camcorder.

Once you have the clip on your camcorder, use firewire as usual to transfer to your PC.

Cheers.

nick236
Unregistered guest
thanks

nick236
Unregistered guest
now what do i set the camera on to?

nick236
Unregistered guest
what if i dont have a a/v cord?

Silver Member

Post Number: 527
nick236

1) each camera is different, so read your User Guide.

2) Visit Radio Shack.

Cheers

Anonymous

I notice that the video capture quality is bad. Currently I am using USB cable. What is the resolution I will be able to get when I use Firewire with Sony DCR-40E any ideas? Will I be able to achieve 720-480 resolution?
Are there any settings on the camera I need to modify this with to achieve the same?

Any ideas?

Spitz1000
Unregistered guest
Gromit,

Update on my capturing problems.

Tried my Firewire card, Lead and Camera on a friends computer and it all worked fine.

Tried changing the PCI slot that the firewire card is in on my computer. No luck

As far as I can tell the active capture device is listed as Digital Video Device.

It has to be a problem with the OS as I have ruled out everything else.

Updated every Windows update related to firewire.

Still stuck Im affraid.

Cheers

Silver Member

Post Number: 551
Spitz1000,

Hmm, that's good and bad I guess.

I'm loath to tell you to do too much OS tinkering in case you finish up needing to do a re-instal (which would an interesting test, of course).

One thing you could try which is relatively low impact is installing the latest version of DirectX. I don't have any specific info to suggest that will clear this specific problem.

There are other higher-risk things to try so keep in touch.

By the way, your device should, I believe, show up as "Microsoft DV and VCR" rather than "Digital Video device"

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
hi guys,
like most of u all i too had the same problem with the software that came along with the Sony HC40E,i couldn't record the contents to a cd using the soft.but then i did found a soft which could help me doing that and the name of the soft is VIDEO STUDIO 9,but there is one more problem now it copies the files on to the hdd but in a large format i.e. the size of the copied file is too large,for example a video of just 7 mins records a size of about 1.5GB.i am not able to overcome this problem.IF Any Of YOU CAN HELP ME OUT OF THIS.

Silver Member

Post Number: 573
sss,

When you suck DV out of a camcorder, that is the required file size: 12G per hour approx. Actually, the format is really called "DV-25" as the required transfer rate is 25 Mbit/s. Some transfer programmes may allow you to convert/compress to another format "on the fly" which will reduce the amount of required disk space, but it will likely only work on very fast PCs.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.
PS: By the way, due to me now starting a new job after a long "holiday", effective immediately I shall no longer be able to contribute to these pages on such a frequent basis

Tina Kiriakaki
Unregistered guest
Hi to all. I have sony digital handycam DCR-TRV455E and am not able to copy video to pc or cd. Isn't there anything I can do?I've installed pixela picture package software and I've connected the camera to my pc via usb cable. In the box I also have another cable with 3 circular endings (red, yellow, black) at the one side and a large black ending in the other side. That is all I have from Sony. I can see via picture package my video from my camera and listen to it, but i cannot save it to pc or copy it to a cd. I am a little bit new at this and maybe my questions are silly, but please help me!The image maker - picture package software says I sould connect my camera via usb cable and then push the burn vcd button on my camera but I can't find this buttom anywhere.Thank you!

Tina Kiriakaki
Unregistered guest
Hi to all. I have sony digital handycam DCR-TRV355E and am not able to copy video to pc or cd. Isn't there anything I can do?I've installed pixela picture package software and I've connected the camera to my pc via usb cable. In the box I also have another cable with 3 circular endings (red, yellow, black) at the one side and a large black ending in the other side. That is all I have from Sony. I can see via picture package my video from my camera and listen to it, but i cannot save it to pc or copy it to a cd. I am a little bit new at this and maybe my questions are silly, but please help me!The image maker - picture package software says I sould connect my camera via usb cable and then push the burn vcd button on my camera but I can't find this buttom anywhere.Thank you!

Sam K.
Unregistered guest
Hi:
I have a Sony HC-40 DV camcorder, and I can transfer videos from it to my computer via USB. I have a Firewire card in my computer, and I would like to transfer the videos via Firewire. I have the correct cable, but when I hook up and start Roxio or ULead, they don't recognize the Firewire input. What am I doing wrong?

Unregistered guest
I have a samsung scd103 dv camcorder. I first tried to capture video with usb. while very poor picture and no sound it did caputre footage. I learned I needed a firwire (1394) but when I plug it in a ballon pops up saying device not recognized. I reinstalled the driver and software still nothing. any answers

Blank
Unregistered guest
I have a Sony DCR-HC15E Handycam but no software. Wondering if anyone knows where else other than Sony itself I can get the pc software for this please.

Anonymous

I want to transfer my full lenth movie taken from Sony handycam DCR-HC15E to my P.C.and want to make VCD in same sequence in which i have sooted the film.which software is required?
please help me some body.

Dharan
Unregistered guest
what ieee 1394 pin i should buy for sony 265 DCR-TRV to connect my laptop.

Help me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4061
IEEE1394 is a standard. If you have a DV OUT on your camcorder you need a DV OUT to IEEE1394(firewire) cable.

Username: Masquerade

I have a Sony TRV33 from which I have uploaded a recording to my PC using USB and ImageMixer, then burnt a video CD-ROM and played it on a DVD player.

The image on the PC was worse than the camera, but I understand moving to firewire will help here.

The image on the TV was very poor which I understand may be due to the resolution of the recordeing being degraded somewhere between the camera and the player.

The PC is 2GHz, 512MB RAM, large/fast disk (separate from the C: drive) and I intend to buy the firewire card - and a DVD-writer/burner. However, from reading the above posts, I understand that I will need a much better application if the quality degredation is to be kept to the minimum.

uLead and "Avid Free DV" have been mentioned. Are there others that people recommend? Any to be discarded?

Do I have other problems? Will I ever have a decent picture on the TV?

regards

Chris

Unregistered guest
when i download from my gr d240 camcorder the ima ge freezes and capture stops whats wrong?

Anonymous

hi,
I have sony DCR-HC32 NTSC camcoder.
I tried to transfer video to Pc using sony supplied software (picture package), but it takes huge space. I would like to know, is there any software available which can transfer a full length movie from camcoder to PC with less space?

If there is any settings available in the existing sony supplied software?

I am not expert in this field , please give me advice abt this matter.

Username: Vijaymohite

hi,
I have sony DCR-HC32 NTSC camcoder.
I tried to transfer video to Pc using sony supplied software (picture package), but it takes huge space. I would like to know, is there any software available which can transfer a full length movie from camcoder to PC with less space?

If there is any settings available in the existing sony supplied software?

I am not expert in this field , please give me advice abt this matter.

Username: Masquerade

With reference to my post of the 3rd October, I installed a firewire card on my PC. The result was that I was able to download the DV file to the uLoad software supplied with the card. The increase in quality over that downloaded by USB was significant in that the image was a lot bigger with better colour.

I used the Nero software supplied with the DVD recorder to record a "Super Video CD" which I then played on the DVD player attached to the TV. The result was good and I'm happy.

It is a shame that the manual for the camera did not make it clear that the quality of the DV link would be significantly better than the USB. Whilst this may be obvious to some, it was not to me. I had thought that the USB would just take a lot longer to upload.

Username: Rayman777

Where can i find a Video Stream Driver for Panasonic pv 150. The Camcorder came with a software disk, however I cannot download it to my PC I am using Windows XP. Please help.

Username: Krogers

USB is NOT intended to be used for VIDEO....USB is used for the purpose of transfering STILL IMAGES to your computer (PICTURES)....The bottom line is this: You need a firewire connection to capture video to your harddrive.......

Unregistered guest
I would like to know if anyone has a solution as to how i could get my videos from my Sony DCR TRV 460.. into Adobe Premiere Pro... i would like to edit it but i can't get it to show up on the capture screen.. and picture show rap is not somthing i would even want to fool around with.. with all the bad reviews for the sorry software i don't wan to touch it! so if you have a solutions or ways of making it work in the settings of Premiere plz email me at LA.sketchart@gmail.com

ricky-uk
Unregistered guest
i have a sony dcr-trv255, but cant transfer videos from it to my pc. I have a firewire and the picture package but when i click to download, the tape gets rewound but then nothing happens. Can anyone give me advice on what i need to do or install, i am at a loss. thanks

Username: Paski

I have a Sony DCR-TRV245E Digital8 camcorder.
I tried to copy the tape on the pc using firewire. The imagemixer version 1.0 stops tranfering after a coupleof minutes. does someone know what is wrong?? Thx
Paski

Username: Lukasjohn

Hi, I have a Canon ZR300. Could someone please tell me how to transfer video to my computer via USB. I installed the solution software but I can't use the tape option. I am very new at this. Thanks

Username: 123rooster

Windsor, Ontario Canada

I have a sony digital handycam.dcr-trv360. I was using the imagemixer to down load still and video. Now it won't do anything when I plug in the usb any ideas please

Username: Bombom

Hi All,
I just wanted to reply to afew post just incase someone have not might be in need of a solution for their sony camcorder.
I borrowed my brother's sony DCR-40E and video my kids with it on mini dvd. I have plugged into the tv and played it and the quality is great. I use Both Ulead and Pinancle studio to capture the video to my computer via USB. To be able to copy it using the USB you will need to get the USBDRVEN.EXE driver. If you cant find it on the net ask the sony guys. Once you install it everytime you switch on the camcorder it should automatically detect it and the Pinacle or Ulead should give you the option to select the source as a sony usb image device.(If it does not show up, read the manual about using USB. Basically for me on the DCR-40 I had to go to the output menu and select the USB streaming to activate it) I edited like 50minutes worth of video and burned it to DVD, however I found out that quality of the video is worth then what I could get if I played it straight from the camcorder. I am about to go and try out the Firewire solution to see if it will give me more resolution.
I hope this helps alot of people. Goodluck.

Lawal
Unregistered guest
Hi guys u all need - VMC-IL4415B iLINK and try adobe premier

Unregistered guest
Hi all i have a sony camcoder. Before i can make vcd using picture package software and sony cd/r.
Then i changed my cd/r b'coz of some problem and installed a samsung cd/r. Now i have problem while making vcd direct from camcoder to cd. It gives error message " insert blank cd " whereas it is unused.Is there any connection b'tween the brand name and software?
anybody can help me pl.?

Username: Jayruk

I have a sony CCDTRV35E handycam and it does not have a firewire. I have only a CD burner and I am trying to create video files that can be played on a regular DVD player.I have windows 2000 OS on my computer.
can some one please help me with this issue?

Unregistered guest
Im shooting a series; we have 4x PD170, my problem is i need them to hold 12volts to support 2x radio mics. Also does anyone know how to sync? There is an internal drift, and i really cant spare the track to do it exturnally.
If anyone can help, or even suggest another camera that could support my needs I'd really appresiate it.
thankyou have an awesome day!

Hellie
Unregistered guest
Hello,

I have sony handycam CDR-HC20 and I connected it to my PC via USB but I am unable to transfer images or videos, please help me.

naz
Unregistered guest
I also have DCR-HC15E. Instead the problem to transfer the video, I also facing the problem to transfer the still image. Any ideas guy?

Anonymous

I've a DCR PC105E. I was using PicturePackage to capture video (in intervals of 10 minutes) as AVI files and burn VCD. But, now a days the AVI file does not contain audio. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling PicturePackage. I'm not able to troubleshoort, please help.

Unregistered guest
All I want to do is transfer movie from my camcorder to a pc file so I cn email to friends..I hve WidowsXP. How can I do this..

Username: Livetoride

Can I transfer from a sony trv 138 to my pc? Any help appreciated

Unregistered guest
Hi Sorry if this has been answered already. too many posts not enuf time. I have a Sony DCR-HC15E and a eMac. the pair just dont wanna work together, the USB wont pick up the video camera, does this mean i need a driver of some sort? I have also been told i need a firewire cable on ly to find my mac has a port, but my video camera doesnt. Is there some sort of adapter i can buy or something... please help!!

Unregistered guest
HI all
it seems my prob solution exists here but am not able to understand it properly. Have a sony dcr 21 camcorder. i need to transfer original content of mini dv tape on computer to write vcd. pc config is P4 2.93 Ghz, compaq presario and 512 MB ram windows xp service pack 2 40 GB sata hardisk. USB 2.0 is installed and i have used the picture package software bundled with camcorder. i transferred the contents of the tape through usb cable . however am able to save only video on the comp and no audio was saved. wht do i need to make the original recording transfer to computer complete with original sound recording . Please help me ASAP . can mail me the solution also on ranaonline@yahoo.com thanks in advance

Gold Member

Post Number: 6062
Have you tried reading the manual?

Username: Charm4u

Karachi, Sind Pakistan

how can i transfer the movie from my digital handycam DCR TRV130E to pc they have no usb connection but have i.link dv interface option so how can i use this option to transfer the whole digital 8 tape to pc in dvd or vcd format..plz reply me ....

Username: Dimipap

Greece

hi ! i have a samsung camcoder vpd-454 and i want to change its sofware(english) to greeks . could anyone help me?

Username: Dimipap

Greece

hi ! i have a samsung digital camcoder vpd-454 and i want to change its sofware which is in english to greeks . Could anyone help me?Please reply me im my e-mail : jim_aek@yahoo.gr

Karachi, Sind Pakistan

how can i transfer the movie from my digital handycam DCR TRV130E to pc they have no usb connection but have i.link dv interface option so how can i use this option to transfer the whole digital 8 tape to pc in dvd or vcd format..plz reply me ....

Karachi, Sind Pakistan

plzzzz help me how can i transfer video from my camcoder TRV130E PAL to pc ...there are no usb in my camcorder only option for dv in/out...so how can i use dis option which software and cable are required to transfer video from camcorder to pc ...its a tape camcorder..plzz anyone reply me ...plz help me....

Username: Lbrittain22

I have a SONY DCR-TRV480. I am trying to retreive my video from the tape to put on CD-R. I finally found that darn BURN VCD function! In order to view the BURN VCD "button", you must first put your camera on PLAY/EDIT. Next, TAKE OUT YOUR MEMORY STICK! This will allow the camera to bypass the stick and continue on to view your video while your USB is connected to your personal computer. At that time, you will be able to review your recorded video information on your camcorder touch screen. In the bottom right of your screen, choose P-MENU. Next, choose MENU. Find the EDIT/PLAY option if you are not already there. Hit OK in the bottom right of the screen. Scroll down until you see the BURN VCD option. Your camcorder will then confirm the connection to your computer, which will automatically start your Picture Package software. On the camcorder screen, it will ask you CREATE VCD? Choose EXEC. My problem now is that my computer is saying the CD-R I inserted is not blank *I know that it is*. I cannot continue the process, but hopefully some of you can use this information to do so. THIS INFORMATION WAS NOT IN THE MANUAL. I've been torturing myself over this for 2 hours! Have fun :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us