LED lights

Username: Jerrycaplin

BelgiumBelgium

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone,

I am newborn baby photographer. Could you please let me know that Are LED lights are safe for newborn babies? Or only natural light is perfect for newborn babies.
Somebody recommended me soft led lights camtree on-camera reporter light http://www.proaimshop.com/pas/CAMTREE-A-5-Reporter-LED-ON-Camera-Light.html and other shine light with stand for studio purpose.http://www.proaimshop.com/pas/1pc-CAMTREE-Shine-LED-1000-Studio-light-Without-Stand-CT-1-10015-WS.html

Are these lights are safe for newborn babies?
Your suggestions...

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3197
This is for movie, not stills right?

PERSONALLY, I do not use bright lights OR flash round infants. Maybe up to 18 months old.

Use a tripod if possible and some kind of diffusion of the LEDs. Face them into a white or lightly colored wall. Think 'Reflection'. It is possible to put a SHEET over them as well. A single layer of a translucent white cloth may help.

If you have a REAL camera store near you, they will sell a large disc which can be used as a reflector OR diffuser. I have a 42" disc with white / gold / silver reflection OR can be used without covers as diffusion.

The smaller set in the link you provide looks nearly useless, to me, unless I know how bright it really is. For close ups? probably OK.
The larger set is about 1/2 the size my neighbor has. But he is an Emmy winning LIGHTING guy with a vast selection of stuff for every lighting need.

Username: Jerrycaplin

BelgiumBelgium

Post Number: 2
Thanks Leo

This is really very helpful to me..
Once again thank u

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3209
I just bought a 1 watt LED conversion for my AA Maglite. It will eventually pay for itself since a regular incandescent lamp lasts only thru 1 or maybe 2 sets of batteries before crapping out.

It puts out an amazing amount of light and doesn't seem to get hot. The downside is a lack of focus which was available with the 'hot' light. Because of the amount of light, I don't miss that feature.

I'll experiment outdoors one evening using the light to 'paint' various objects and scenes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us