Disposable Cameras are a Menace

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 16164
There really is no need for them anymore.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17200
slow day at work so im bored as heck ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16166
no job yet...so, i'm hella bored.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23846
LOL.

I have a 26 gallon tank on my truck. 26 gallons x $4.50 = $117 to fill up. That is if I wait til it gets empty. Usually the gas light comes on with about 6 gallons left so I'm filling up with 20 gallons.

20 gallons x $4.50 = $90.00

I get 14 mpg street and 17 mpg highway. So roughly 280 miles before next fill up.

Thank God my work is 4 miles from my house. So I am averaging around 8-10 miles a day driving to and from work. I work 6 days a week so if I just drive to and back from work only then a full tank would last me a month. But I still go out and stuff so I am averaging around 500 - 600 miles of driving per month. So basically I am filling up 2 times a month which comes out to $180 a month on gas alone. Divide that by 4 and I'm spending $45 a week on gas. Now this is not really going out a lot. LOL.

I'm also bored at work. LOL.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16168
4 miles!?!?! Get a bicycle and ride to work. LOL

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25367
Yeah prices in Jersey aren't as bad as California for sure. I think I last paid $3.60/gallon? My first "vehicle" was a motorcycle and 20 years ago I would get a week's worth of daily commute for only $2. Today? Just about every other day I'm dropping $20 in and that doesn't get me 1/4 tank!

It makes me sick when I read that we are sitting on our own oil yet we choose to import the majority of it. We export food and grain to the middle east and they thank us by robbing us at the pump?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16169
We are just paying for the clean up and pay-outs that BP had to do during that disaster in the Gulf.

It's not like they are doing that out of a moral obligation or some sort of philantrophic need...they will make us...by gum, they will make us pay!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17202
chad what happened with ur bicycle - out the window when u bought ur new ride ? ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23847
I still got my bike. I use it on the weekend rides.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17205
cool , cant remember when last i rode a bicycle , probably over 10yrs

man cable only shows the same ol reruns so almost every night im watching a bunch of d\l tv shows & movies

last night i looked at " man on fire " , 1st time i saw it - decent movie ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25372
With Danzel? Great movie. Sad ending though.

I used to do Hulu alot. Got away from it. Outside of NFL I pretty much have stayed away from tv. Seriously. I don't watch it anymore. Too many "realty" shows that are anything but.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17207
yea denzel

spoiler alert to this movie :

wud have though he wud have gotten the job done & come out good like all other hero movies but its a different twist ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17208
somehow i never happen to watch much movies with him , probably the only other movie i saw with him was "book of eli" which was pretty good

only reality shows i look at wud be a few on food network , history & discovery

im a fan of swamp ppl & mudcats - very cool to see the kind of trouble & hard work those guys go thru ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16172
I am not a big fan of reality shows that showcase nothing but bad behavior. Specially those that glorify people with money and pretend to have seemingly insurmountable problems.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25373
Or those that are supposed to depict real life in their "natural" surroundings. You have 4 cameras in your bedroom with a million ppl about to see. Ok, now act "natural". Yeah right.

Worse are the shows that are about people doing......nothing. Just sitting at home having scripted arguments with each other while inviting friends over to do the same. Stuuuupid.

Rovin, check out American Gangster, and Training Day.

Two more outstanding films with danzel.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17209
yea some of them are really false

the kind of reality shows i watch are those where ppl do their real jobs daily for a living & the cameras follow them around like those shown on discovery , tlc & history chans

will check those out paul

last night was the very 1st time i watched BLADE , yea i know its out some yrs & there are 2 other blade movies that i also havent see yet & im sorta lame for now looking at it lol , a bit violent but good movie ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16173
I like the Blade series of movies.

I also like martial arts films. Ip Man with Donnie Yen was a great flick.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25375
Dirty jobs. Pretty cool show.

There's a show for just about everything. Just like in the 80's when there was a magazine for everything.

My Father likes Storage Wars. Where they bid on abandoned storage pods and their contents. Some make a mint, others walk away with junk.

He also likes the pawn shop shows. Crazy how one man can simply "say" your antique item is worth $2000 without backing it up with any kind of research or proof. You walk away trying to catch your breath, then take the next 1 1/2 years trying to sell it only getting $145 for it.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23848
I love the show Ridiculousness on MTV.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17211
yea u know ima fan of dirty jobs since it came out few yrs ago but i havent looked at it in a while since it seems they dont show it as much as they use to

i watched storage wars once or twice & its not interesting to me

sometimes when im in a mood i do watch pawn stars & the recently made cajun pawn stars , they seriously under pay for certain items just like on american pickers but i guess they have to wait\find that special buyer to get full retail price

saw Ridiculousness also once\twice , its ok but being on the net on forums & fb daily i already see some of that same stuff so i really dont look it at ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17212
"dumbest stuff on wheels" though not really a reality show shown on speed channel is a hoot to look at

bored ppl injuring themselves especially in the nuts is like WTF & LOL ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16177
There was shwo that I saw...I forgot the title. But it had to do with repossessing vehicles. The characters all try to be badasses...but only manage to look like fat people with bad wardrobe decisions...really awful.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25376
Yeah I saw a few episodes of a show like that. Repo man or some chit. I'm convinced the show is rigged and everything is scripted. Some of the reactions are just too "Hollywood". Guys running outside in their undershorts, gobbs and gobbs of crying, ect. I don't buy it.

In reality they do their job at 3am when they have the best chance of AVOIDING the conflict. So naturally I don't believe any show where they do nothing BUT film them.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17215
check this out : ...

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/off-topic/705209.html

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23849
Rovin.....how much you pay for petrol over there?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17217
tt$1 = us$6.30

lst time i checked its tt$2.70\lt for regular , tt$4\lt for super ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16179
people take our gas prices for granted. The US has the cheapest, except maybe for Australia, who has their own oil and Venezuela.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23850
It is getting ridiculous here.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16180
Oh, you haven't seen anything yet. Just wait until we get to the ludicrous stage :P

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17218
chad - how much for a liter ?

wish u had the accord now eh - ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16181
It's about $4.25/gal in California

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25380
Yeah I keep hearing rumors of $6/gal this summer. Lifestyles will change drastically for most then.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17219
remember a few yrs ago when gas price hit a all time high & even celebs sold out their gas guzzling hummers for vehicles that consumed less fuel ...

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2690
The BP angle may have something to do with gas prices being so high, but I'm voting for Speculators in the oil market....
OH, and the Iran 'thing'.
Also, the US is a net exporter of oil products. We sell lots of the products of oil, maybe even gas included.
For all you residents of California (hint hint, bernie), 'ya gotta remember the power deal of a few years ago.
Enron would have 'em shut down a power plant. Prices would go up. Enron would ship power OUT of the state and re-import it for a profit. I think it was Arnie at the time with zero Huevos who signed some long term power agreement. Enron? the brass made 10s of millions and pretty much walked.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25382
It's sad the way they bleed you from every angle. If gas prices go up to say $6/gal people wig out and conserve and consumption lowers, forcing the oil companies to lower it down to $5/gal. People are happy and life goes on, while they forget gas was at $4/gal before the hike.

People are sheep. We play this game far too frequently and the oil companies ALWAYS come out on top.

When we finally make the total leap to solar and wind for our energy needs someone somewhere will try and "handle" it. Because it's not a mineral and can't be claimed they will think of something.

Like huge shades hoovering above us in space, blocking the sun or weather altering events to control the winds and ocean tides so our generators won't work. Sounds silly but so does paying outrageous rates for oil when we sit on our own. We pay one price for imported oil which dictates our crisis and sell it at another as an export probably at a loss to gain a chess piece elsewhere.

Gotta love politics.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16185
Once the zombie apocalypse gets under way, we wouldn't have to worry about politics!

And speaking of zombies...anyone watch "The Walking Dead"???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us