Nikon Coolpix 3200 Just Died in Transfer

Username: G8torgirl

Jacksonville, FL USA

Post Number: 1
I was given my Coolpix 3200 as a gift 4 years ago, and it's performed flawlessly. Even made me leave my Pentax SLR in the bag! But, today during transferring pics to my pc, it clicked quietly, only transferred about 1/2 the images and when I tried to turn it off to disconnect, it wouldn't, it stayed on. So, I took the batteries out and disconnected it. Then put batteries back in. Now it won't come on and the lens is stuck in the open/out position. Batteries are new--BooHoo, what did I do? Any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 884
Modern digital cameras have a lifespan measured in thousands of exposures. You probably just junked it out.

I would suggest, however, using a card reader to transfer images. Remove memory, leave camera off and use the card reader. In the past, when I'd empty my Canon DSLR, I'd use plug in/AC power so I didn't discharge my battery. But with 4 gig up to transfer, the card reader is better for me.

Somebody may have a 'reset' button combo for you. That may restore it to health. Just a thought. I don't even know if that is possible, but every digital machine I've ever use has had some reset protocol. Your camera may just be confused.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us