Canon hf10 or hf11?

Bronze Member
Username: Khcpopi

Post Number: 13
Hi, I need your experiences. I want to get a flash memory camcorder. All reviews seem to point to Canon. I already bought standard definition (canon fs11) but returned it because of grainy indoor video. I need your experiences because I found that HD camcorders have bigger sensors and reviews say indoor videos are better. I am talking about indoors that are lighted by 4-5, 60-75 watt light bulbs, birthday cake shots that are lighted by candles, school auditorium fluorescent lights and school plays in dark auditorium, etc.
I am not photography enthusiast so I am not looking for perfect HD indoor shots. I am just used to old Panasonic mini tape camcorder that we used, although auditorium videos are less than pleasing.
I also plan to copy the video directly from the camcorder to dvd disk using the dvr in real time, so I am assuming (also asked seller and manufacturer tech support) that I don't need to buy new computer.
I am considering canon hf10 or hf11. Both are avchd formats but hf10's compression ratio is 17 compared to 24 for hf11? I read in one review that compression ratio of 24 gives better performance in low light shots. I also read another review that there was no difference.
This is rather big purchase for me and I plan to use it for many years. I don't necessarily need a comparison but I would be thankful for your experience with either camcorder. I can also save about $200 buying hf10 (from Amazon vendors). Extra 16 GB in hf11 is not a buying point for me. Thanks to all in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: 514329

Post Number: 66
i have the canon hf s10. poor indoor, very grainy. good outdoor but a tripod is a must. canon are not good for indoor shooting and OIS is very poor

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 210
For good video quality the key is in the CCD.

Read the reviews at http://www.camcorderinfo.com and pay particular attention to the low-light discussion

Bronze Member
Username: 514329

Post Number: 67
yeah, camcorderinfo.com and slashcam.com too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us