My camera broke

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10734
I should get a digital camera now.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10735
Rovin do you know much about the BOSTON ACOUSTICS SX60 6 1/2 6.5 they are rated for 65 watts which fits my amp for the highs. Are they natural sounding speakers?

Component speaker system includes woofers, tweeters, and crossovers
6-1/2" copolymer woofer with rubber surround
3/4" Type-S2 Kortec dome tweeter with multiple mounting options
External crossover with tweeter output options (0, -2, -4 dB)
Power range: 2-65 watts RMS (200 watts peak power).
Frequency response 55-20,000 Hz
Sensitivity: 90 dB
Mounting rings included for 6-3/4" applications
Top-mount depth: 2-5/16"

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14320
i dont know which model it was but i did hear some BA comps about 3wks ago in a guy's car & i must say they were very crisp & detailed ...not loud like my rated 150wrms @ 8ohz CDT HD64 but good for d average person ...his doors were not dampened as yet so low end response wasnt so hot as expected ...

when i installed my cdt a few wks ago this was d 1st time i actually put tweets on my dash (b4 i had d tweets from my old sets down low more a more stealty install)

& they were facing 4ward for about 2wks but i decided to fire across which was much better in every way ...man with these comps u easily detect badly made mp3s since u notice lack of details & d faults especially in d highs

i recently ordered about 10 original CDs from my bro in florida which i will get in about 2 wks time - time to start a nice cd collection ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10736
I listened to my brothers cdt entry level again and while they are impressive for the price I dont think ill like their overall sound on certain types of music. I also found that they seem to be bassy sounding off his deck power when he ran them that way but their sound changed on an amp. And I know what you mean by having a good recording making a difference. Try the mp3's in 320 kilobit and tell me if you hear a difference from the original because Brad says you wont hear a difference and from what I remember I wouldnt be suprised if hes right. I found those bostons for 105 shipped new and im going to buy them. Ill take care of the bottom end if needed because like you I remembered hearing a set of bostons and they did have a nice sound plus this set has a cutomized crossover setting for the tweets which I like too.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10739
My system.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/525724.html

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4579
sean the only bad thing if anything ive heard about BA is that they lack midbass. but i dont know if that was just one line of them or wat. but i bet theyll sound rlly nice . i was going to go with them but got a good deal on my dls's instead

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10744
Ive read that they lack low end but livin up after break in. Im not looking for loud just average listening levels with good sound. Besides if I need midbass I have a backup plan.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4581
ya then I would def go with them. they are suppose to b very crisp and clean I would go for them again. Since my iridiums are a little lacking down low but thats okay i dont mind lol. They sound very nice.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10750
I heard a pair of those and they did sound nice.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10596
Hey Sean, just wanted to let you know that I won't be coming to the competition this Saturday. I have to work all day Saturday.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10763
Ok ill let Scott know.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2937
What's up everyone!? :-)

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10600
I think I'm coming down with the flu :-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10775
Sorry to hear that Yanks Fan. I very rarely come down with the flu and I never get a flu shoot. I credit some of that to my vitamins I take and the fact I work out. Take theraflu that seems to work well. I just said a prayer for you also.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2942
Damn that sucks Yanks. x2^ I rarely ever get sick, except for an occasional cold. btw I'm eating one of BK's apple pie things you told me to try. They're alright I guess lol. Never cared for apple pie much.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10777
I got a new sub to use down the road or sell it. I only got it because they give free shipping on parts express on orders $49.00 or more. I had to find something to go along with my order for my 4 inch aero port and my three inch aero port.

Peerless 850136 8" Woofer

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=299-128

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4584
hey guys i am thinking about switching it up. I kinda want to get 2 8" or 2 10" I want to get rid of the lows and just go back to punchy bass. Also I am thinking about getting 2 of those dd 6.5 Lt speakers to accompany them well see Im gonna start planning today lol. Im gonna get new amps and everything though.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4585
alright guys ive decided to ry some 8" subs since I alrdy have had 10". So if you guys were getting some would you get 2 8" dd 1500's or 2 8" rl-i's. Or do you think I should stick with 10"

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10782
The dd 8's are more along the lines of punchy. The ss would seem to me to be low end freq speakers.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18818
^^^Maybe, but what a beautiful sub.

Yanks, like Sean said taking the vitamins help.

However.........alcohol kills all germs lol.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10601
Lol Paul. Steve, you aren't American if you don't like apple pie lol. Thanks for the advice Sean, I'll have to take vitamins now. I'm taking Sudafed like its my job and its doing a decent job at making me feel alright. My immune system is terrible. I get the flu yearly, strep throat is just another day for me, and the cold seems to come more frequent then changing clothes lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10789
If you have a vitamin shoppe near you buy their daily vitamin gel caps they have decently high dosages in one pill and include digestive enzymes in the formula. That is the vitamin I take and its only 10 bucks a bottle and you get 100 capsules. I take the formula with iron. The guy at the shop says usually guys dont take that version but I figure we all need iron why not cover that base too.

Heres a link to their site and the formula.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=VS-1066

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18823
Funny. I see people raising their kids today and some are soooo scared of viruses and infections and such that they raise their kids as if they were inside a bubble. Guess what? The human body adapts. If you're secluded from the germs and viruses early in life you are bound to have a troubled venture the rest of it. When I was young I played in mud so thick you could build on it lol. Went to school every day regardless of anyone's condition in the house. Even wandered a lot out side in the winter without a coat.

Look at me now. I NEVER get sick. Swipe that, ALMOST never get sick and I'm allergic to nothing!!! Even when my son comes home from school coughing/sneezing his butt off and breathes down my neck I truck on through without a problem.

That's engineering right there!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10790
Thats true the body does adapt. But if you have deficiencies you can not fight and adapt as well. Some are just genetic as well I suppose. Even lack of rest and stress can be causes of sickness. Also if you lack digestive enzymes you cant effectively process the nutrition in your food and that can cause persistent problems and if left that way for a long time a greater degree of illness can occur.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18825
My grandfather (God rest his soul) was a fantastic man who I chose my username after. He was much the same person I am today, except I don't smoke. He drank and smoked his entire life. He was as healthy as a horse. Took care of his family and his wife as well for 60+ years!!! Mind you she was a demanding wife. "Harold get this, Harold get that." FOR 60 YEARS!!!

The man died at 86. His doctor had told him 1 year before to stop smoking or it would kill him. He did. He was smoke free when he developed lung cancer. Sometimes the body just gets too used to some things...and when you quit....

I love my grandfather more now because I see what I am because of him. I am him, only 50 years younger, with his knowledge.

I feel like I am the richest person alive because of it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10793
He probably already had the cancer. Its just a matter of the symptoms arising or the doctors finding it. My mother had cancer and didnt no it till she had some pain and then they scanned and found it. You have reason to be proud you are a great person. It comes through in your general interaction on the forum as well as your business transactions.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18828
I know my grandfather had his problems before he was diagnosed. He did too. It wasn't until after he quit when they saw his problems, yet showed no symptoms.

Now my own father is retired and showing signs of trouble. He is NOT my grandfather in a sense. He is a pessimist. He also has smoking in his past. I love my father. He is who created and developed me. But I can't help but connect better with my grandfather. One who can find a way to do anything. Very resourceful. One who also loves camping, which is why I probably chose to buy a fifth wheel camper.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14334
^u sound like obama there ...

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4587
lol. But paul I agree I have been very sick in my life when I was younger but you know what I can count on 1 hand the times ive been sick in the last 6 or so yrs. It almost never happens anymore. So you just have to get sick and adapt.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10803
Hey guys it looks like the comp we were at is going to have a single 8 inch sub challenge were hoping for at least 140 db.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18850
140 db? Woooow. Wolfman going to be there lol?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10804
Yeah thats a feat but in the crx it should be doable. Were looking at a rd sonance 8 and putting as much as 1500 watts to it. The prize for winning first place is a brand new dd 1508.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14337
wud be gr8 to see a 8 do 140 but with that power i guess its possible ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14338
went to a show here yesterday & got 2nd place trophy for judged loud music , they had spl too but was a old ac meter so it might show me as 155\56 lol so i didnt bother ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10818
Would you have been the loudest?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4603
hey guys i just bought 2 of those 10" revo's from parts xpress. I figured cant get a better deal than that fresh from the box. So now i just need to get some new electrical ups and a new amp lol. Oh ya and a new box i think im gonna have BJ build it this time.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10821
That was a very good deal. If I had not just bought subs and it didnt need so much power I might have bought one. It looks like you bought another low end sub though.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4604
lol i just couldnt let that price pass. Also i always wanted to buy one of the 15" ones but now that i wanted 2 10's and they were so cheap it works for me. I will have a hard time finding a amp though, well that i can afford either 3000@2ohms or @ .5 ohms but i think im gonna try to stick with around 2500@2 ohms seems more reasonable. Let me know what amps u guys would recommend for these little monsters. and chad i hope you drop by to let me know about box recommendations since u owned one lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14346
'''Would you have been the loudest?'''

naw there is a 2 door pickup with a cut thru running 2 12s old RF TRF which does high 50s with at about 5k wrms at least on each sub ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10824
Oh ok.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10844
Well I changed my setup again and went with an rd 12 sq sub.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4615
so if u guys dont mind me asking how much is he asking for the sq sub???

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10846
115 shipped for the 12. The first 6 orders get the dicount. I was the second order. The other order was on another forum. shhh

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14354
so sean did u get a http://www.rdaudio.net/sonance/sonance.htm

or
http://www.rdaudio.net/elite/elite.htm

? ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14356
ok i now saw the RD thread ...

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4616
not a bad price at all i wasent gonna order one just wondering

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10849
I was going to say you just ordered two 10 revos. Completely two different goals there.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10646
Sean, I saw you and OptiDriven getting into it in the amp section lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10852
Yeah I think he considers the amp section his territory. Hes got an attitude problem but im not wasting anymore time talking with him. Others did back me up which was good.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10652
If I had seen it earlier I would have backed you up as well. Some people just aren't even worth trying to argue with cause they are just too ignorant.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14360
havent been on d amp section in mths so im gonna check that out now ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14363
found it

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/526547.html

hmmm IMHO that was unnecessary from both sides .......

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18888
I've never seen that side of either Sean or Opti. I guess some ppl like their little sections of E and are very defensive when others have some input. LK is like that. You have to watch sparring with him. He's an angry man with nothing but time to kill. Funny how he stammers how much he hates this place but you can't get rid of him.

Speaking of boundries, I have none lol. I'll poke my head in all over E.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10855
Where do you guys figure I went wrong? Im open to learning how I could have handled things better.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18891
Sean you defended your opinion which was presented in a non offensive manner. You reacted to Opti's insults much calmer than most would.

"I have no problem with any of kicker's amps, but for the 3rd time since it seems the assisted living facility had open internet time over the weekend...digital crossovers will not improve sq.

And Mark, I don't know if you're just trying to irritate me, you're ignorant, or just stupid, but the Zed Optidrives I nicknamed myself for are higher quality amps than most of what's currently on the market, or has been in recent years.
If you're going to run your mouth you should do some homework."

^^^Way out of line.

"Get over yourself."

"as hard as i try i just can't seem to make it happen"

Sounds like another Jan V right there.

Mature thing to do is walk away.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10658
I would have lost my cool probably lol. Just because its been a crappy week and I just need to rip someone a new one lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10856
I try to do the right thing but reflecting on it I agree I should have not made that response.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18900
It's human to react. How could anyone not?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14367
u know d old saying it doesnt make sense arguing over d internet so u quickly try to end or leave it alone ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10857
Your right Paul but the key im learning in this example is how to respond.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22759
man i can't believe opti reacted like that. he is such a cool guy. mad props to sean for keeping his cool. i am sure opti was having a bad day or something cause he isn't usually like that.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4619
lol fun times. I use to love it when rob would strat fights with everyone that was always fun lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18936
There are a lot of E legends lol. I miss Longo, Muddy, even driving. They made it that much more fun.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4651
yes they did i def miss driving i use to play games with him all the time

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22784
rovin, no new boxes lately? you always have some boss pictures of your box.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 3001
Lol yea driving is cool. He's on aim sometimes. I think he comes on here once in a while, he just never posts.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14375
'''''rovin, no new boxes lately? you always have some boss pictures of your box.''''

there is a WRE isaca show here on d 30th so i had to refuse 4-5 box jobs because i need to work on my chit 1st & dont want to be bugged with that now ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22797
good luck rovin. dat sounds like fun.

quick question rovin. what does this mean?

"dis a bullerman post"

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10870
Good luck Rovin.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14384
chad that term means g@y over here so he meant 'this is a g@y post' - lol ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10914
Got me 10 lbs of whey protein on the way. Peanut butter banana protein shakes yum. haha

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18999
Never got into protein shakes or vitamins really.

Although I do admit stealing a couple of my son's Flinstones vitamins every so often lol.

They're so good.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10920
lol....I got a new addition to my home theater setup. Its an early Christmas present to myself.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-810&ctab=1#Tabs

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10923
Just learned something from this article. It looks like sealed could work considering the directions they give. My image dynamics idq 12 sealed gave an output of 107 db at 60 hz on 170 watts in my friends apartment so ill be fine using that sub temporarily at 350 watts haha with the amp capable of producing plenty at 8 ohms.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/articles/341446.html

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4676
very nice paul. hey are u going to sell ur old amp??? let me know if u do cause i possibly will take it.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10707
"Although I do admit stealing a couple of my son's Flinstones vitamins every so often lol. "

Rofl. Those things taste great.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10924
haha It wasnt Paul it was me.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19005
Charlie you mean my Kicker Zx500.1?

Gone awhile ago.

I gotta update my profile.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4680
no i mean ur home audio amp the dayton plate amp i believe i guess ur not selling it

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19015
Nah. Love it too much.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums