Trick camera

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21927
where can i get one of those cameras that shoot out water?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10037
For those who didnt see im thinking of selling my juggernaut. And Chad how much power do you think the orion 2500 d would put out at 2.8 ohms and do you think it would be ok at .5 ohms daily like I saw some claimed. (well .7 ohms in my case since its a 1.4 dual voice coil)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21932
i know B from this forum ran it at .5ohm daily and had no issues.

i am not sure how much power it puts out at 2.8ohms though.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14068
its rated 1700wrms @ 2ohms 1200wrms @ 4ohms so @ 2.8 id guess about 1450wrms

chad how about u quit smoking - bet that will save u some $$$$$ ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10038
It looks like the orion 2500d will be the amp I look for then if I keep the juggernaut. Rovin you still run that amp right?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10039
I just did some reading and it looks like the powerbase xa 3000d puts out good numbers too. I dont know the price of it though.

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Powerbass_XA-3000D/

http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=011112;p=0

http://bbs.soundpressure.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=34;t=001260

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4088
Those are actually some pretty decent amps.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21938
rovin i am trying. believe me i am trying to quit smoking. but its too hard.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14070
not bad for my 2 10s sealed sq box eh

Upload .....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21948
damn rovin that is awesome. i want a pair of those subs now.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17608
Chad. You smoke???

I missed that chapter.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21950
yeah paul. i smoke at least pack a day. lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17610
Is quitting in your scope?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21954
yeah i guess i should start thinking about it.

btw paul, even though it seems like i go crazy when it comes to money, i really don't. the turbo is something i've always wanted. i like my car and i want to spend a few grand putting a turbo in. i am not ready to go sell my car and go out and buy a 35,000 dollar car with a turbo. that is why i want to buy a truck next year and start fixing up my accord. cause no matter what car i have, i am gonna want to fix it up. lol.

oh and trust me paul, i am putting aside a good chunk of my pay check for my future. cause you know i can't work for someone for the rest of my life. also have to think about getting married soon. so yeah i am just cutting down on some spending money to buy the stuff i want. i don't go drinking as much with friends and some of the other stuff i used to do. so i am using the money for my hobby which is car audio and performance upgrades. once i get my own business and make good money, i will go crazy. you'll see. lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14072
whoa u r a heavy smoker ...seriously bad for ur health later on so do try to lessen & then quit

there r lots of crap u can get crazy over - when i go shows i get carried away & want to buy a car only for audio but then reality hits since how often will i use it ,,,so i multitask with my wagon ...2 10s for daily & then there is my show sub .....

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2516
I finally got the REVO installed guys!!!!!! :D and WOW is it amazing lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10045
Nice score with those se 10's Rovin.

Yeah Chad give quitting those cigs another try.

Steve sounds good. Now we need some vids of it in action.

Also guys I decided Im going to sell the juggernaut.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4089
Nice sealed score there rovin.

Steve, x2 on what sean said.

Tomorrow I will receive my sdc2.5's. And BJ said he has already made the cuts for my box. We changed some things up to make it work. Its going to be 3.6cuft net, tuned to 35Hz. Subs up and slot port firing rear. My car is red and the interior is black so I asked for something a little more personal and had him paint the port red and with black carpet.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10048
Sounds good Jesse I cant wait to see how yours turns out sound wise and spl wise since youll be able to compare it to the original 2.5's.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2517
Heres a little video. Sub is getting around 1000rms. Plays hard and deep and can get loud as fûck too. 4.0cf @ 34hz

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/stavenmist/?action=view&current=revo.flv

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21972
nice jesse. so its all worked out now?

steve i knew you would like that sub. since i still have the revo in my car, we are still revo buds.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17619
Good vid. Love the excursion capabilities.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4091
Nice steve.

Chad, do you mean the situation with Jimmy? Thats not worked out. I have no refund and I havent talked to him since the day I filed the claim, which was the last day to do so. I filed it with about 20 minutes left to do it.

I got some extra money and just ordered the subs and box. I am most likely just going to sell the motors. If not, I am going to recone 1 of them, keep the good one and sell the other 2. I am also going to sell the JVC H/U so I can get a nicer h/u. I wanna get something like a 780 or 880. Or an 9887. I am also checking into this thing. Its different..

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Source/CD-Players/ Premier/FH-P800BT

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21974
all that writing i did and i get no response from paul.:-( there goes his nice guy nomination from me. lol.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4093
All that writing I did and I get no response from Chad. :-( There goes his nice guy nomination from me. lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17623
Lol. C'mon Chad. I know you're smart with your money. You're also at the age when you face yourself with questions about the next 30 years. Alot of the guys here are eons b4 that time in their lives. You impress them with not only your ability in car audio but also the financial backing to pursue it.

There are tons of guys here only making $10/hr or less. Trust me they are green with envy. Myself included.

I can only imagine when you make it big someday what you're capable of lol.

Just do me a favor and don't swap wives as often as car audio equipment.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21976
lol thanks.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17625
No problem whatsoever Chad.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17633
Decision time again for Paul.

The company I work for (Universal forest products) is one of the largest in its' industry. I came here last year because of several reasons. One of which is opportunity. Another was to rid myself of working for a family run business. I wanted room to grow. Family run businesses are only fruitful if you marry the boss's daughter.

So I came to Universal. Very large corporate setting with tons of structure built into its' name. At the time the right decision for me.

Due to the housing market today and the economy our particular plant has suffered the losses of not only salesman but also managers without replacement. Our current plant manager is in danger of losing his job as we speak. We are losing $50,000/week. The corporate auditors have been here all week. Inventory is missing, account backcharges are through the roof and if any of you have worked for a corporation you know they don't treat you like family when push comes to shove. If someone above pushes the button we are closed. It's THAT scary right now.

So where am I going with this? Well Paul, in his thoughts of paying his mortgage and still raising his kids as a single parent, has already been planning ahead in case something happens. I can't relocate to another plant. My ex has custody of my daughter and I have our son. I'm not leaving. So I put a feeler out there to one of our local competitors. An ever larger company (Pro build) located not 10 minutes from me. They offered me something that I'm struggling with. On one hand I work for a company that may close its' doors tomorrow. On the other hand I can work for truss company B on salary. I'm hourly now. Salary non-exempt. Meaning I get 40 hours pay minimum but I also get overtime.

So in short (if possible), do I make the jump to Pro Build now b4 Universal goes under with all that sucks about changing jobs, in order to ensure employment? Bottom line is pay is almost equal. They offered me about $6000/year salary above my straight time at Universal. With overtime though on good weeks I can exceed that here. (As long as we're still around).

I'm just kicking the can over this right now. I told him I'd give him an answer in a day or two.

Sorry for the run-on. It's been eating at me the past two weeks. Corporate will NEVER tell you the truth about the future of your plant. It's just not a good practice. If our plant manager gets the boot it could mean good things and bad. We might all get the ax or they decide to restructure the entire management team and give it another go from fresh. I just don't know.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14074
paul u wud really know ur situation but if u feel they r going under better u jump ship b4 it sinks ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17635
Our production manager already "fled" to another plant. "Transferred". He's been with this plant since its' beginning. He knows something IMO. When the rats leave the ship.................. Our sales manager has been demoted. Our design manager was fired months ago. Two of our four salesmen have been released. We have been told to cut costs or else. Everyone's been walking on broken glass and our annual plant review is in two weeks. There will not be a parade.

Yet we have many new orders and promising accounts. Industry professionals predict the market to rebound in the next year. If we survive and I stay I can look at the possibility of a six figure income in my future here.

It's a coin toss at this point.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21996
paul will the new job be available later on? cause it kinda sux to abandon a company just because you think its gonna go down. maybe they'll restructure and do better. sometimes when companies let go of the management, they rebuild and do better. you might get promoted.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17645
^^^Yeah that's what I've been thinking all day. I got my official offer today. I'm not gonna take it. As far as this offer being available later I can say with confidence that I shouldn't count on it. This is the same company I applied to last year, got the offer, and refused it to work where I am now. I feel bad applying for the same job over and over again only to say: "Sorry, nevermind".

I'm going to stick it out where I am. Like you said Chad if the company can just hold on long enough I'm in a sweet position for some serious opportunity. It's the right call.

I'm hoping.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4094
Damn Paul, that would be one tough decision. I'm glad I didn't have to make it. I hope everything works out for you. :-)

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4095
I got my SDC2.5's today. :-)

They are a little heavier than I expected. I think they are heavier and definitely more stout than its predecessor the sd2.5.

Impressed so far. Cant wait to get my box from BJ.

Here is what the design for the box is and also a couple extra pics for your viewing pleasure.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/The%20Teg/36cf35Hz_12pair_1Cus tom.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/The%20Teg/36cf35Hz_12pair_2Cus tom.jpg

I seen this and got excited..
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/The%20Teg/ADC25s002Custom.jpg

Then I seen this and was brought back down to earth..
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/The%20Teg/ADC25s004Custom.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/The%20Teg/ADC25s008Custom.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/The%20Teg/ADC25s009Custom.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/The%20Teg/ADC25s019Custom.jpg

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17648
Man those cones are so secksy. I love the tough kevlar look to them. Glad you got something nice. (That actually arrived in one piece). From experience sometimes bad things happen to good ppl. On the other hand sometimes greater things happen to them also. Don't forget that.

For a giggle. It would appear this guy doesn't have the ability to properly setup/size/run/wire amps lol. Or maybe he's a junk dealer.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/ele/775266727.html

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14075
sensible choice pauly

jesse
didnt realize aq changed their baskets ...new subs looks gr8 ......

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4175
Very nice jesse.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22001
guys i realize now that size don't matter when it comes to subs. i just installed the 2 10s and damn its clean and loud. not to mention it hits low. i will start a thread with full review after a couple of days.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22002
jesse thats is sick man.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22004
Upload
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14076
^^^shweeeet !

10s hit nice & doesnt pound u too hard d way bigger subs do......

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22007
yea rovin. i really like the way they sound. its clean and don't over power so the music blends better. the upper bass seems to be really good while the low hits like it is suppose to. i think from now on whatever brand of subs i go with, it will always be 10s.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10116
Well my trade for an RL-s idn't gonna happen anymore. Kinda upset he didn't even PM me saying no thanks or anything.....He made a thread here saying he was keeping it and expected me to connect the dots I guess.

Oh well :-(

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22011
thats sux yanks. but on a brighter note, you didn't miss much. it ain't like that is the best. i've had them before. the mag will keep you happy longer than the rl-s will cause you will get sick of low bass later. you gonna start craving the upper bass. trust me.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22012
oh and i guarantee you this bud. that sub will be up for sale again. he'll listen to it for about a month or even less then realize he don't want it.

that sub is geared towards home theater more. so it hits low but rolls up at 60hz and above very steep.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10118
Lol, I would love to believe you Chad but when I look at what I listen to, it is all mostly rap. Almost all the sub bass is below 45-50hz. Its rare that I listen to a song with the "upper" bass.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10119
I'm hoping that happens Chad. I want one real bad lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22014
well suit yourself man. lol. if all you listen to is rap then you should do a single fi btl 12 with 2500wrms. that sh!t will shake the sh!t out of your car.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10121
Lol. I would love to Chad. The cost of electrical upgrades for my car FTMFL.

A 250A alt runs me just around $500 :-(

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22016
yeah.

if i was you yanks, i would just get a ho alt. then you don't have to worry about how much power you can run. getting loud starts when you install a ho alt. lol. get that out of the way then you can concentrate on power.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10122
I've thought about it before Chad but I dunno man. It would only be like one paycheck for me to get one. Only thing is I would have to convince my dad to let me get one.

2 12" IA DPs + Sundown 3000D = Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22017
lol i like how you say its one pay check. lol.

your dad don't even need to know you got the alt. that is unless he keeps track of all your spendings.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22019
here ya go berny.

Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22020
berny here's a gold version of that rim. this one looks tight too.

Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22021
Upload

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10123
This is true Chad, he doesn't have to know. Although, I hate going behind his back.

Putting those on your car?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22022
yeah yanks. either the gold or the silver one. the gold one will look sick on my black car.

also turbo going in yanks. my car will be a mustang gt killer.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10124
Cool man. When are you doing all this?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22023
rims......3 weeks
front lip kit......5 weeks
turbo.........3 months

inbetween front lip kit and turbo will be a set of cdt 3 way component set. lol.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4096
"2 12" IA DPs + Sundown 3000D = Upload"

There is a guy on CA (Pioneerpimp) doing 2 21" DP's and 2 SAZ3000D's, did you see it?

I like the look of the gold ones too Chad. What would tighten up the look a little ,if you got the gold ones, would getting gold badges (emblems). That Accord is going to be sick with the turbo. I would look into upgrading some engine parts(i.e. cam shaft, valvetrain) too though and definitely pay to have it Dyno'd and tuned properly. When I was looking into turbo I read a lot on Team Integra forums and went down to the performance shop and asked a grip of questions. On a stock engine they said that I dont want to really run more than 8 psi for just daily driving around and even then it will still wear out the engine a little faster than normal.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10061
Jesse....Those new audioque 2.5's do look nice.

Paul....Im glad you came to a decision on job situation. I would look at like no matter what happens an opportunity will be provided if you do need to find another job.

Chad....Im glad you like the 10's. What did steve say the hold up was? It looks like it didnt take too long for you to get them after all.

Steve....Nice vid of that sub. It looks like it has pretty good sq.

Yanks Fan....Im sorry to hear you missed out on the sub but I said before that I thought in the end you would like the mag and I guessed it would pretty much be for the reasons Chad listed.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10125
I didn't see that Jesse. Ima go look for it now though.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22028
sean i paid for the subs last tuesday afternoon and i got the sub yesterday so it was fast.

i wasn't complaining about being late. its just i don't like being told one thing and it doesn't happen. if he asked me to give him a few days for the order to ship out from the beginning, i would of totally understood.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17654
Yanks. Do you still need my box? I saw the thread where the dude backed out of a trade.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22038
berny ima also get these inspire fog lights. they are having a group buy on that accord forum. $165

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17660
Sharp. Veddy nice.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4176
Chad, i have to see those fog lights on the car first before i can approve of this.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4177
Chad, i have to see those fog lights on the car first before i can approve of this.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10127
Honestly Paul, I don't need it anymore. The guy backed out :-( . I thought we had an agreement and I was just waiting for confirmation but turns out, he just decided to keep it......:-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17662
That's cool. At least now I don't have to pack it up. I'm glad I waited.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22043
here ya go again berny.

Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22045
berny......

INSPIRE FOG

Upload

AND THE

OEM FOG

Upload

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10128
Glad you waited as well Paul. Would of been sooner if he had actually PMed me back.....Eh.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10065
"sean i paid for the subs last tuesday afternoon and i got the sub yesterday so it was fast.

i wasn't complaining about being late. its just i don't like being told one thing and it doesn't happen. if he asked me to give him a few days for the order to ship out from the beginning, i would of totally understood."

Thats good. I understand Chad I would be the same.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22053
thanks sean. i knew you would.:-)

now sean how does this sound?

2.5 cuft net with 1 4inch "arrow" port tuned to 36hz for my 2 10s?

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4100
"arrow" ports are awesome LOL.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22058
lol yeah jesse. hahaha.

how about manny ramirez coming to the dodgers jesse? lol. btw what team do you follow cause i know there isn't a baseball team up there. hahaha

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17673
He's got the mariners right?

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4101
SF Giants. Yes I am rivals with you in just about every sport haha. My NFL team is the Niners.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22060
lol jesse. yes you are.

now since we are on the subject of rivals, lets break down the blazers a bit. they got mad talent. the front office did a great job. but one tends to wonder. it will take a couple of years for these players to be at the level they need to be for the blazers to be considered a contender. but by that time their contracts will end. now with the talent these players possess, they are gonna shop around for the mighty $$$$. the blazers can't afford to keep them all.

for example, roy and aldridge's contracts will end in a couple of years. can they afford to keep them both?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10067
"now sean how does this sound?

2.5 cuft net with 1 4inch "arrow" port tuned to 36hz for my 2 10s?"

Thats not enough port at all bud. Try two 4 inch aeros tuned to 36 hz if you can give the subs 2.75 cubic feet that would take two aero ports 17 inches long. Are you sure you want to go with 36 hz because you werent happy with that kind of tune before on your other sub?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us