Pixela Imagemixer 1.5 DVD update

Username: Zephyr

Post Number: 1
I own a Sony Handycam DCR-TRV33E and installed Imagemixer 1.5. When I realized it wouldn't record on DVD, I purchased the Imagemixer DVD update from the Pixela website. My operating system is Windows Vista Home Edition (32). I was able to install the USB driver thanks to the download I made from sony-asia. I couldn't install the driver that came with the original CD. I reinstalled everything in the correct order: first the USB driver, than the software, then the update. The system recognises the camera. But when I try to use the insert mode in Imagemixer, nothing happens. Imagemixer shuts down, and Imxinput.exe keeps running, keeping me from restarting the programme.

As insert mode is the only way to load videos from the camera, I can't do anything until I have this worked out. Does anyone have a clue on how to solve this? Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 77
That USB driver is not for Vista. Didn't you read that?????

Your option if you insist on the PC route is to find a PC with Windows XP.

What I would have done is buy a DVD recorder with Firewire port. Hook up the camcorder to the DVD recorder with Firewire cable. Capture to directly to DVD-R or DVD+R. If you want to do some editing of the video, you'd capture to DVD-RW or DVD+RW. Take re-writable disc to your PC, rip the video files to hard drive, edit the video files, author new DVD file structure and burn new DVD.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
By the way, the way most people transfer video from a camcorder to their PC is using Firewire cable and Windows Movie Maker. Unfortunately for you, there have been reports of people having problems with Firewire and Vista which may or may not be solved with Vista SP1.

Username: Zephyr

Post Number: 2
Ok, I'll do that, LK. But I still find strange that vista seemed to recognise the camcorder. I still think the problem has something to do with the software. And I'm gonna complain to pixela, because I'm sure I red that there shouldn't be need for a USB driver while running vista 32. Anyway the application shouldn't shut down like that.

I'll probably end up recording on a DVD recorder, as you said, LK. At least I'll try to give some trouble to the pixela support.

Thank you LK!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
I find nothing on Pixela's website saying that Pixela 1.5 DVD is even compatible with Vista. That was money wasted.

I also do not where you get your information from but some hardware do require USB drivers.

Vista is a big deal for hardware vendors.

Username: Catfish6691

Monticello, IN USA

I just bought Canon's Camcorder FS100; can't get ImageMixer 3 SE for SD Ver. 2.0 software by Pixela Corp. to install. It asks for my serial # and keeps saying it's not correct. What do I do? Can anyone please help?

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
Are you sure that the softare is compatible with your PC's OS?

Monticello, IN USA

Post Number: 2
Yes,I believe so. I have windows XP home editionw/ser.pk 2. I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 w/CPU T2300@1.66GHz and 1.00 GB of Ram. (Laptop)

Monticello, IN USA

Post Number: 3
Maybe I shld buy the optional DVD Burner? or, send this Canon camcorder back and just buy one w/the build in DVD recorder.... I have 20 days left to decide.

Monticello, IN USA

Post Number: 4
I thk I am going to try Windows Movie Maker, from what I've read it just might work! Will let everyone know.

Username: Ecsjcoop

Hi Donna,
Some of Canon's FS100's had a problem with the serial numbers for registering PIXELA.
Have you tried calling Canon's helpline for advice? There is an easy fix.
John
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us