Camcorder to PC Help

Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through January 02, 2005Dee Mangiocapra100

MarioMCH
Unregistered guest
Your recommendations make a lot of sense. I'll go ahead with the Pinnacle System Studio AV/DV 9 and upgrade later. Is the s-video output the small hole in the camcorder where you connect the cable that goes from the the camcorder to the TV set ? Thanks again for sharing your expertise.

Username: Scalbrat

Post Number: 5
S-Video is the multi-pronged slot that generally connects a DVD player to your TV. It just so happens my camcorder also has that slot. I'm not sure what hole you are talking about on yours. You might try contacting your manufacturer. If it is a regular USB port the pinacle will work for that also.

Unregistered guest
Okay i've put in a tv card.
And I'm using the s-video cord to connect my video camera to my pc.
I get the video but no audio...
I've connected my tv card to aux and cd rom...but i cant connect it to my actual sound card.
I dunno but i need sound as well as picture..please help.

Thankyou kindly.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2394
s-video is just for video. You need to get the audio output of your camera to the audio input of your computer.

apoorv kadam
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have recently bought a sony miniDV handycam
hc-15.I have USB ports on pc and Image Mixer software provided with camara.I don`t know about firewire.
How can I get my videos on my pc??????
plz help me or mail me on
apoorv515@rediff.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 2404
you really should know about firewire. Learn it use it.

Anonymous

Hi, I have recently bought a sony miniDV handycam
hc-40.I have USB ports on pc and Pickture Package menu software provided with camara.I don`t know about firewire.
How can I get my videos on my pc??????
plz help me or mail me on kakunurimr@rediffmail.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 2504
Your mini DV handycam should have a tiny little square port that says DV OUT. This is your firewire output or iLink or IEEE1394 and it connects to a firewire input on your computer. Forget the USB port get a firewire card or some other video capture card.
Read your manual.

Unregistered guest
Hallo i own a SONY DCR-HC14E digital camcorder.
It has various connections such as s-video out,usb,i link.
At this time i use the USB connection to transfer my miniDVs to my PC and the results are not very good.
Is the s-video out a better solution please name me a few Video Capture Cards that have S-video input.
I use several utilities such as Nero Vision Express 2

Gold Member

Post Number: 2582
Read the thread....do not use USB.
Use iLink.
Read your manual!

Unregistered guest
hello .yeah i have a sony cam corder which has a s video hole and i got the s video cable and hooked it up to my laptop and i dont know how to transfer all my tapes to my pc.can any one help me if you can you can email me at niki15_gl@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
hello, I tried to connect my sony mini-dv to my computer through the serial port, cause thats the only place it fits. And, then what? nothing happens when I connect it w/WINDOWS ME. Plz help, I have software but nothing recognizes it and their are not any help sites about serial ports.

Unregistered guest
Hello everyone, Pixels, Pixels everywhere!!
I have a Sony digital camera DV22 and need to get my film footage onto my PC for editing. The PC is reasonably high spec, 1.6 ghz processor, 40 RAM, 512 memory and a 32 bit graphics card. The film footage is all pixilated on the laptop. The same film is perfect on a TV monitor. I have tried USB2 and just bought a Firewire cardbus - still no good. The firewire causes software to crash, sometimes it causes the mouse to 'freeze' after I put it in to it's slot. Also I could only get about 3 seconds of bad quality film to come in using Firewire and then it stops. Drivers etc are all OK and the cardbus has been tested by the shop where i bought it.
I am at my wits end! I am a visual artist and I desperately need to be able to do this.
Also - why do I get no audio when using S-Video from camcorder to TV?
Any help will be gratefully received. Thank you.

Anonymous

I bought SONY DCR HC21 camcorder, and I installed the software from provided cd in my compaq laptop with windos XP. But when I connect my camcorder to laptop, it does not regnize it. It fails and says about some file that it might be for windows95. But CD & camcorder manual claims that it supports XP.
Can somebody tell me how can I solve it & get it connected ?

Jason The Canuck
Unregistered guest
Alright, I've got the basics down. I'm connected from my Samsung Mini DV to my computer via firewire. I can control the camera and see/capture video. There is no audio. Tried with Vegas and even the Ulead movie studio. Nada.

If I click the camera folder in My Computer it opens and I can see the video, but no sound. I've checked the audio settings, upgraded windows and even yelled at the machine, all to no avail.

Any thoughts?

majormouse
Unregistered guest
i have a samsung VP-L600 and i have no idea how to link it to my pc ........ HELP!

Username: Sanju11

Post Number: 1
Hi , this is sanjeev , well i purchased a samsung camcoder(VP-L900) last month. i didnt get the software or the driver to transfer the vidoes on to my pc, can any body tell me how can i transfet that.
cheers

Anonymous

i have a sony ccd trv 16e i want to know how many pixels it has on the ccd.

Anonymous

I bought a Sony Camcoder from Bestbuy in 2001 with no USB port, it has an a/v out and s-band out. I want to connect it to the computer but don't know exactly how to do that. There are two partitions on my computer, one has Windows 98 & the other has Windows XP pro. Is there a solution to my problem? If yes, then what all software and/or hardware do I need. I heard from someone that there is remedy to my problem.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me in this one. Please mail me at: rocky_007@msn.com

Username: Bread

HEY I'm new at this and have a stupid question I recently purchased an JVC GR-DVM80U I cannot find where the firewire connects to the camcorder so I can play video on my laptop. Can anyone help me with this??

Username: Craigd241

I have a Panasonic Palmcorder, and would like to watch some of my recordings on my PC. I don't want to transfer them to my PC, just watch them. Is there some way that I can through the USB cable that I have connected to my Palmcorder?

Username: Yyy

hello, how are you? I have Samsung SCD103 camera.
I was wondering if there is a program that allows me to edit the video i have made and at the same time put music on it. I thought Adobe Audition would help but i don't know.
Thank you.

Unregistered guest
Hi,
I have panasonic vz55, i had done only one movie recording in this but off late i find the it doesnt record as well as plays it very hazily. i asked one of dealers in delhi he says its IC is gone and theres nothing that can be done. it shall cost me Rs 8000/- if i have to get it repaired. Can any body suggest me a way out.
Thanks

tony1999
Unregistered guest
hi
quick question i have a sony dcr-hc19e dv cam with firewall port and a pc with a firewire card but i notice there are a couple of types of cable you can buy 4pin to 4 pin or 4 pin to 6 pin etc how do i know which one to get ?
thnks

Anonymous

Hello my dad has a Samsung and we want to connect it to the computer.We tried to install it but it didn't work.Please help

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a Panasonic VDR-M50gc DVD video cam. I have followed the instructions in the manual to connect it to a Pc, and it only hangs the PC.
Anybody successfully got it to download the movies?

HelpMeNowPlz
Unregistered guest
OK, HERES THE DEAL, MY CAMCORDER IS OLD.BOTTOM LINE. ITS A SHARP VIEWCAM VL-E660U, AND IT TAKES 8MM TAPES. HOW DO I GET THEM ON MY COMPUTER, SOME PEOPLE ARE TELLING ME TO USE S VIDEO INPUT ON MY COMPUTER, OTHERS ARE TELLING ME THAT I NEED A CAPTURE CARD, WHAT IN THE HELL DO I DO.

kuchkuch
Unregistered guest
the fact that your computer is equipped with s-video input means you have a capture card. now all you need is software capable of capturing your footage.

Username: M1tanker

Berny;
I have a Panasonic NV-DS50 Palmcorder that I got as a gift while in Iraq. Being as I am a soldier, I am not that swift with cameras. I have a few tapes of some missions and such i would like to transfer to my PC. I have an S-Video cable (good one too) which I have connected to the back of my PC into a Radeon Sapphire 9800 vid card. The PC doesn't recognize it so I am assuming I am missing a step. If you have any ideas of what I need, please drop me a mail at sghering@hot.rr.com

Thanks again

Gold Member

Post Number: 2956
Find out what kind of capture program your PC came with and you should find that it is a lot simpler when you follow the manufacturer's instructions.
What program are you running? What is your OS?

Welcome home! You and I have snorted the same sand. I was in Kirkuk, Talil and Baghdad and some other places I know nothing of but coordinates.

Username: Primobmx2007

Post Number: 3
I have a bit of a problem I lost the original drivers for my sony handycam digital 8 dcr-trv260 and formated my hardrive and have no way of importing video becouse my computer will not read that i have the sony handy cam in the usb drive can some help me? Like send me the drivers or tell me where to get new ones?

Unregistered guest
I have a Panasonic PV-L452D Camcorder. On the side it has 2 ports A/V Out and To PC. I'm interested in this To PC option but I've had this camcorder a couple years now and wouldn't know the first place to look for the cable. Does anyone know where I could find this cable. I have a new computer running Windows XP with Movie Maker and a DVD burner and would love to send family DVD's

sgt. major
Unregistered guest
JVC Gr-DVL 510 mini-DV on playback the audio is intermittent. I cleaned the heads using approved tape head cleaner and no improvement. What could be wrong?

Anonymous

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 computer and a Samsung VP-D352(i) miniDV camcorder. I want to do IEEE 1384 data transfer from my computer to my camcorder and I have a DV cable, but I don't have a DV input on my computer. What should I do?

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 137
Anonymous,

It's pretty simple, just buy a PCI firewire card, preferable one that is packaged with capture software such as Ulead VideoStudio or Roxio VideoWave (my favourite). You will probably get another cable thrown in and the total cost should be only around $30.

Cheers.

needhelp
Unregistered guest
hi guys i have a samsung scl 903 camcorder with no firewire/usb port. i can upload through s video but i'm not sure how. i have a geofrce 6800 ultra video card with an s video port. how would i tranfer from my hi8 camcorder to my pc and what program do i need to do that. thanks :-).

silne
Unregistered guest
needhelp, you will need a video capture card with analog support if your geforce doesn't have video inputs (and it's unlikely that it does).

Bex
Unregistered guest
Hey i'm bex, bought a samsung VP-L900, but lost the manual like the blonde i am. has an s-video plug thingy on my cam but not sure what lead to get to plug into USB ports or where from. will it be called an s-video lead and are they all the same?

bubbles
Unregistered guest
howdy, i have a sony dcr-hc14e, i just realised that the software supplied (picture package) is not compatible, does anyone know what software i need to put my video on pc? thanx for any advise!

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
Bex,

I have to say, your message brightened my day. Thank you!

Look here to download a manual for your VP-L900:
http://www.samsung.com/search/search.asp?qt=VP-L900&la=en&col=wu+wsimsi+download&tabpage=1&radio=1&select=0&x=10&y=9#

....or just go to www.samsung.com and type in "VP-L900" in their search box. It works really well!

As your camcorder is not digital, you will need to get an analogue capture card such as those made by Leadtek, and that will have an S-video port thingy to plug your own plug thingy into. Make sure your PC is fast enough (e.g. 1GHz processor) and has plenty of spare hard disk space (e.g. 20G) before investing in the Leadtek card. You don't need to get an expensive one - anything with analogue capture should do the trick.

Post again if you need further help.

Have fun (oh, you do anyway, right?)

Cheers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
bubbles,

Assuming your camera (and PC) has a "DV" a.k.a. "firewire" a.k.a. "IEEE1394" a.k.a. "i-Link" port, then:

For software to transfer video to your PC, I'll recommend Roxio VideoWave, Ulead VideoStudio, or the free application Windows Moviemaker supplied as part of XP. My own favourite is Videowave for reliability and ease of use.

For DVD authoring software, my recommendation is Ulead MoveiFactory, which to my amateur eye seems to give the best quality in the finished result. It might not be the fastest programme for processing, though. If your PC is quite fast, this shouldn't bother you too much.

Hope that helps - post again if you need further help.

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
Help me please before I kill something or someone or just the computer. My Parents have a Sony DCR-HC14e. I understand that the USB is rubbish. I am trying to use firewire. However this is where the problems start. Nothing happens. I cant get the camera to respond. I have tried using Adobe premiere 6.5 but the but it won't work. I have tried everything I can possible think of HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP This is really doning my head in.

Unregistered guest
Help me please before I kill something or someone or just the computer. My Parents have a Sony DCR-HC14e. I understand that the USB is rubbish. I am trying to use firewire. However this is where the problems start. Nothing happens. I cant get the camera to respond. I have tried using Adobe premiere 6.5 but the but it won't work. I have tried everything I can possible think of HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP This is really doning my head in.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
mapfuk1979,

This is my complete "connection problems" debugging cookbook, mostly my own work but thanks to Chico and Berny who also contributed:

1) Disconnect USB and just use the firewire cable to connect your camera to your PC. Most cameras use only firewire for video and USB for stills. Having the USB connection present might possibly cause a problem
2) If by any chance you have TWO types of firewire interface in your PC (one built-in, one PCI/PCMCIA card), physically remove the external card, and try connecting to the in-built port. If still no good, check in Device Manager that the internal device is OK. If you were using a PCI/PCMCIA card because of problems with an in-built card, make sure the in-built device is really disabled.
3) Play around a bit to make sure there is no "sequence" issue affecting you. By this I mean experimenting with connecting and turning the camera on before, or during the capture programme running
4) Look in Device Manager to check if both your 1394 controller and camcorder are present and correct. The 1394 controller should show up the whole time. The camcorder should show up when you connect it and turn it on, then disappear when you turn it off.
5) If you have any doubts about your firewire card, debug as follows: Turn off your camcorder and unplug it from the computer. Remove/uninstall the firewire on your device manager. Restart the computer, wait until windows re-installs the firewire. Re-start again, then wait until the pc is booted up completely. With your camcorder still switched off, plug it in using firewire, then power it on.
6) If your camera has a socket for a memory card, fit one. One JVC owner I corresponded with said this fixed his problem (and was advice from JVC, by the way)
7) Disconnect all other peripherals (especially USB) in case they are confusing your PC. Just a hunch.
8) Re-instal your capture software.
9) Re-download and re-install your capture software
10) Try a different capture software, e.g. Moviemaker from Microsoft if you use XP, Ulead VideoStudio or Roxio Videowave (my favourite)
11) Think whether have you recently installed any new applications, or upgraded any applications? RealPlayer is one application I have found to conflict with Windows XP wizards
12) Think about whether you have installed any hardware that might be causing a conflict. Not a very common problem these days but still a possibility. Check via Device Manager.
13) Try connecting your camera to a friend's PC and vice versa to work out, through a process of elimination, where the problem lies. Remember that capture will only work if the camera, cable, firewire card and PC are all OK.
14) If you are completely stuck, then this interesting - and potentially dangerous - discussion about XP SP2 might be of interest to you. DO NOT try this unless you are confident that you can back up important data and/or Ghost your OS before starting. Exercise extreme care if you follow this route - and PLEASE do let me know if it works.

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/t106716.html

Hope that somewhere in this list I hit the nail on the head. Please let me know what eventually fixes it so I can keep enhancing this knowledge base for the benefit of other users.

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
Hello. I have a JVC GR-DVL820 Mini DV Camcorder that is missing a couple of cords. I would like to convert a mini dv over to VHS. What do I need and how do I do this?

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
Chasity,

As it might be a touch tricky to describe the cable you (probably) need, my recommendation is that you take your camcorder to Radio Shack (or whatever is the equivalent in your country) and ask them to provide with a cable to connect your camcorder to a VCR. It should be just the same as the one you use to play back on your TV, by the way.

Here is a link that shows the item you probably require:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00077DC4M

Hope that helps.

Anonymous

Hi,
I have an old SAMSUNG 8mm camcorder model SCA14 and a very new computer. I would like to be able to transfer the video to the PC, but of course the old camera has no ports to correspond with the new PC, which I think has a firewire port and 3 USB ports. On the camera, besides the ports for video and audio out, there is a port that says DC out. What does this do? Is it possible to do what I want to do with this camera? I have a new DV camera that just plugs into the PC, so doing DVDs is easy with that, but I have scores of old 8mm tapes that I would like to also make DVDs out of since the VHS copies are terrible. Thanks for any input on this.

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
Anonymous,

If your new camcorder has a "video in" facility, best way is to make a digital copy from your old camcorder, then upload to your PC as usual. If your camcorder doesn't have that facility, the cheapest way is to get a "TV/capture" card such as those made by Leadtek. You can then record direct from your old camcorder to the PC.

Hope that helps.

kyc
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have a Sony DCR-HC20 DV camcorder and try to transfer the movie to PC using the Ulead VideoStudo 8 software with a firewire. The picture and sound in the PC is OK except the date/time data, which can be displayed in the DV screen, are missing. I try many ways but unsuccessful.

Please help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 254
kyc,

Something I learnt from the real video-meister on this site (Berny) is "You can't transfer the date, you have to put it in yourself on the final edited product." Here is the sister page with that Q&A.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/photography/84713.html

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony CCD-TRV 58 and would like to know how to transfer my videos to my PC all I have is some RCA cables

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony CCD-TRV 58 and would like to know how to transfer my videos to my PC all I have is some RCA cables

Silver Member

Post Number: 261
Tybaby01,

As your camera only has analogue outputs, you will need to buy a video capture card for your PC, such as those made by Leadtek(www.leadtek.com).

Make sure your camera exceeds the minimum spec or you may lose information during capture. I would recommend at least 1GHz processor.

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
I Have a JVC Digital video camara. And one day on the screen some thing just popped up and now it won't go away, so when ever i cut it on it says "Condensation operation paused Please wait" And I have no idea what to do about it. What can i do to fix it ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 272
Regina,

The message you are seeing is generated when the camera detects moisture inside. The camera also automatically disables itself to prevent damage to the tape heads under moist conditions. Your camera may have moisture inside, or the sensor may be faulty (or the software that monitors it, etc).

Leave the camcorder in a warm (not TOO warm!) place for a few days then try again. If you still see the message, you will need to take it to a service centre for repair.

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
hey I hav a Sharp ViewcamZ VL-Z7S and Compaq presario X1000 both hav i-link ports and yet i am unable 2 create DVDs or VCDS with DV port.Though I even have Belkin DVD creator with hardware and software Ulead 6 as a package my video movie is not captured through DV ports of both the equipments. Help resolve my problem and guide me how 2 go about it. I hav even enabled IEEE 1394.

Silver Member

Post Number: 275
safdar,

When you use Ulead 6 or other packages, can you see your camcorder as an available device for video capture?

When you connect your camcorder, can you see it in device Manager under "Imaging devices"?

Cheers.

tlt
Unregistered guest
I have a sony CCD-TRV138 someone please tell me how to hook it to my computer. What kind of cable do i need

Silver Member

Post Number: 280
tlt,

As your camera only has analogue outputs (so far as I can see on the review at http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-440939-10273773?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/details/497215945 ), you will need to buy a video capture card for your PC, such as those made by Leadtek (www.leadtek.com).

Make sure your camera exceeds the minimum spec or you may lose information during capture. I would recommend at least 1GHz processor.

Hope that helps.

AlexandraM
Unregistered guest
Hallo, I suddenly realized, that I need a firewire port to transfer my miniDV-videos from my camcorder.
According to the manual of our mainboard (965GM2 (MS-6743)) it does have an onboard 1394 (NECPD72874), although I didn't really check if it is there. The problem is, that the 1394 ports (!) are listed at optional, but there is supposed to be a 1394 pin header on the card to connect this optional port.
Did anybody try to add this port here this way (my computerstore here is trying to sell me a PCI-firewire... card instead)
Thankful for any help or suggestions

Silver Member

Post Number: 283
AlexandraM,

Do check whether your computer has a firewire port installed and ready to use. By this, I mean there is already a connector protruding through the rear panel. If so, don't bother about buying a firewire card.

If your motherboard is not equipped with a firewire port, then even if the card is laid out to accept a connector, DO NOT TRY TO FIT ONE unless you are in the "super-geek" category. There is a 90% chance you will damage the motherboard if you try to solder in a connector. Plus, firewire cards are only about $20.

Hope that helps.

RamanaKumar
Unregistered guest
Hello Berny, Gromit and other experts,
Good to see so much of useful information. Thanks.
Can you please tell me what is wrong if I transfer data from camcorder to PC using USB and not IEEE 1394 as you said.
I bought SONY DCR-HC40 camcorder and they have supplied USB cord to transfer/upload. There is no IEEE 1394 firewire supplied. And I checked in my PC also that there is no IEEE 1394 port. I installed the supplied drivers and able to copy from camcorder to PC, using the USB cord. But the clarity was not so good.
If the answer for this is IEEE 1394 only, can you please tell me how do I install this in my PC ? What are all the things that I should buy ?
Thank you again for the help.
-
Ramana

Silver Member

Post Number: 286
RamanaKumar,

Usually, the quality of video transferred over USB is limited, either in pixel count or other ways. Firewire transfers DV in "native" .avi format so the quality is much usually better.

So long as your camcorder is equipped with a firewire port, all you need to do is to buy a firewire card, packaged with cable and softare, and you should be well on the way.

Firewire cards are installed like any other PCI card - simpler in fact as Windows normally has all the drivers it needs already.

Cheers.

AlexandraM
Unregistered guest
Hi Gromit
thanks for the fast answer.
There is definitely no firewire port sticking out anywhere. The manual of the card though talks about just plugging in the cable (with port at other end) unto the pin header of the card (no soldering here). I also conntacted the manufacturer of the card meanwhile, but am still being forwarded to one of their support people.
But I guess it will be PCI card in the end.... Just, after reading of all the possible complications in these posts, I thought, if the firewire is on board it should be made use of preferently.
Thanks again

Silver Member

Post Number: 293
AlexandraM,

You are absolutely correct that onboard is best, and also correct that in the absence of an on-board port, you will be going down the PCI route.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Cheers

Username: Srinivasan

Tuticorin, Tamilnadu India

how much time will it take to transwer the 60 min mini dv vedio content to computer through ieee1394 intreface(ie;using ieee1394 pcihost card and firewire) my compuer is having celeron 1G processer and 128sdram,xp operating system my comcoder is canon ZR100

Username: Coolchristina

Yucaipa

Hello I have a Canon ZR 40 and I want to record 47 minutes of my MiniDV Tape onto a CD-Rom but I have no idea how to do that. Can u pls help me. i have both cables but since i bought the camera of of ebay. It didn't come with the software.

Silver Member

Post Number: 309
srinivasan,

DV should transfer in real time, i.e. a 60 minute tape should take 60 minutes to transfer - using up more than 12G of disk space, by the way. I normally only transfer 10 minute chunks at a time to be conservative as it is a bit frustrating to be 90% through a massive upload only to run out of disk space or encounter some other problem. Your PC is probably only just high enough spec to transfer DV without frame loss. Here's a tip: try to get hold of an old copy of VideoWave, such as version III. That requires less processor power than modern programmes like Ulead VideoStudio version 6.

Good luck!

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
Christina,

Is your PC equipped with firewire? If so, use a standard capture programme like Ulead VideoStudio, Roxio Videowave or Windows XP Moviemaker to get the video into your computer.

If you want to make a VCD, use something like Nero Vision Express. If you just want to put the file onto a CD, your video editing software will have compression algorithms (CODECs) to make the file the right size.

Post again as required.

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
Hi I'm Avinash, I have a Samsung SCD107 mini DV camcorder. when I download data from the camcorder using the software that came along with it and a USB connection to my pc. the data is very slow and plays frame by frame like slow motion on my pc. Why is this happening and wot is the solution to this problem? Please help. Kindly send the reply to liveseal@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Post Number: 2
Dear Gromit,
My computer is not reconizing my Canon Comcorder, for that i have to remove firewire and plug it again several times, some times to reboot my pc ,why it is happening, is it the fault of pci host or cable
thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 333
srinivasan,

1) Check in Device Manager under "Imaging Devices" to see if Windows is seeing your camcorder all the time or not. (This will help you to determine whether you have an application or a system problem. If Windows sees the device all the time it is connected, re-install your capture programme)

2) If you are running Windows XP SP2, please refer to this Microsoft patch:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13952

Let me know if that helps or if you need further suggestions.

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
i have read these questions over. karen asked a question that i couldnt have worded better. same exact problem i ran into, including the type of computer used. here is her question:

I have a Panasonic PV-L452D Camcorder. On the side it has 2 ports A/V Out and To PC. I'm interested in this To PC option but I've had this camcorder a couple years now and wouldn't know the first place to look for the cable. Does anyone know where I could find this cable. I have a new computer running Windows XP with Movie Maker and a DVD burner and would love to send family DVD's

so, if anyone would be able to help, PLEASE HELP ME!

Silver Member

Post Number: 348
RockerCat,

I didn't have much luck looking for product details on this camcorder, but unless I am mistaken, this is an analogue (compact VHS) model, in which case I believe the "to PC" port would be for transferring still images.

If I am right, then as your camera only has analogue outputs for video, you will need to buy a video capture card for your PC, such as those made by Leadtek (www.leadtek.com). External USB devices are also available.

Make sure your PC exceeds the minimum spec or you may lose information during capture. I would recommend at least 1GHz processor.

Hope that helps.

Unregistered guest
Hi guys,

I hope you guys can help as I'm about to pull out what little bit of hair I have left.

I've got a Panasonic PV-GS9 camcorder (worse camera out there, from what I have read the last few hours) and my pc is running XP home edition. The pc is running a 2.4ghz processor, 376mb RAM, and about 70gig free space on the hd.

I downloaded and installed the usb driver from the Panasonic site and connected the cc to the usb port. The pc recognized the cc and said it was ready to use. I then opened windows movie maker to transfer some footage, but can't find the cc to do the transfer. I also checked under my computer and don't see it there either.

I checked the device manager and it shows up there under ports as "Panasonic DVC USB-SERIAL Driver for XP (COM4).

Is this supposed to show up as a port? If not, how can I fix this?

On a side note, I've read around and have heard some people say that it has to be connected through the firewire connection, but I never had any problems with this cc connected through the USB port on my old XP pc(R.I.P. 2005).

Please help me with my problem so that my kids won't grow up with a dad that is completely bald. :D

Thanks,
JJ

Silver Member

Post Number: 362
TigersfanJJ,

I'll strongly recommend you leveraging your shiny new PC and fitting a firewire port (if not already there). Your video transfer will almost certainly be much better than using USB and you will wonder why you never tried it before. I can't promise that it will restore hair, though.

Debugging USB video connections is not my speciality so I can't offer any firm ideas there.

If you don't like this answer, post again and I will refrain from answering to give other contributors a chance to see your message.

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
Thanks Gromit for the reply. Once I get a little extra cash, I'll get a firewire port and try that. And maybe some Rogaine for the hair. :D

I've got a piece of advice for anyone wanting to buy the Panasonic PV-GS9. Spend a few extra bucks and get something else. The GS9 is a decent camera for the basics, such as just recording and playback on a tv, but I wouldn't recommend it for anything more.

Even things that are basic functions on other camcorders (such as fade in and out of your shots) can get confusing on this camera. So if you buy it and plan on using any extras, you will want to always keep the owners manual with you.

Thanks for your time and help, Gromit.

JJ

Silver Member

Post Number: 364
TigersfanJJ,

Firwire cards, bundled with software and cable, are available for around $20. Might be cheaper than the Rogaine!

Cheers.

thanks gromit
it works , Frist through divise manager,i disabled the pci ieee 1394 controller,then uninstall it, then agian gave command for scan for new hardwer change with comcorder on.now it functions
thanks once agin

Silver Member

Post Number: 368
Thanks for the feedback and good luck!

Cheers.

Simon James
Unregistered guest
Hi

I've got a Canon MVX35i and I can't get it to download video to my PC ( I'm on XP Pro)

I've worked through all the options from the May 20 post but still no luck. On the USB cable, I can download stills - and the Device Manager shows the camera - but it tells me I've got no pictures on the tape - and I know I have! (Copied to TV/videoplayer fine). On the Firewire ( Yes - all USB disconnected!)the camera doesn't show at all in Device Manager when I switch it on - but I can see the 1394 controller so I know that's OK.

Any other ideas?

Silver Member

Post Number: 388
Simon,

Since May 20th, I have made a couple of additions to the "cookbook"

1) Try to avoid plugging the firewire into the camcorder while it is switched on. According to JVC, this might damage the camcorder's DV port.

2) There is now a DV-related Microsoft patch for XP2:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13952

What were the results when you tried your camcorder on a friend's PC and vice versa?

I'll be watching for your update.

Cheers.

Simon James
Unregistered guest
Gromit

Thanks so much for your help.

Couldn't follow the ink the patch you suggest - nothing there apparently. But I found this one - is it the same thing?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9E8DF3F3-CD0C-4EDB-936A-5F0043E88BB2&displaylang=en

Have double checked that the firewire on my PC is OK - ipod connects up fine.

Have tried connecting the digicam to my laptop - isn't recognised by that either. ( Just as with the PC - no reassuring "boing" noise) But also as with the PC it works fine on USB - well, with stills anyway. Sad to say I don't have a friend with a digicam - well not a firewire one anyway - but I'll ask on the email at work this week.

Feels to me like it's the camera - I keep thinking that it's what you called a " sequence" issue - something I'm doing in the wrong order? But I can't work out what!

Best Wishes

Simon

Silver Member

Post Number: 392
Simon,

I agree that the link is dead. Try this:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ca0f2007-18b5-4112-8bd6 -8bf4bd3130b9&DisplayLang=en

The description on Microsoft's site is a bit vague unfortunately.

Cheers.

Username: Simon_james

Gromit

Tried that link and installed the patch OK - PC still doesn't recognise the camera I'm afraid. At one point I thought it was an updated version of itunes conflicting but I tried removing that from my laptop and it made no difference.

Any other ideas?

Simon

Silver Member

Post Number: 393
Simon,

I hate to say this, but I suspect your camcorder may have a faulty firewire port.

The sequencing thing is probably a red herring. To be honest, I only included that in the cookbook as somebody else posted it as advice and I wanted to capture as much knowledge as possible. When your camcorder is connected, Device Manager should show it under Imaging devices. If it isn't there, something isn't working.

If by any chance you are located in Sydney, Australia, you are welcome to try your camcorder on my machine....but somehow I am guessing you are in the UK.

Cheers.

Gromit

OK - thanks very much - I was beginning to come to the same conclusion.

Yes - I'm in the UK. So although I'd love to pop over to Sydney...

Thanks anyway. Once I find out if it is the Firewire Port or not, I'll let you know.

Simon

Unregistered guest
Hello,I just bought a Sony DCR-19E camcorder.
I get it to work on USB but I would like to use firewire.
When I connect my Camera it is not recognised;not in device manager nor in any other program.(Pinnacle;others..)
I tried almost everything;installed all patches tried other firewire drivers but nothing works.
I have WinXP professional.Firewire is OHCI.
Can anyone help ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 397
JohanD,

If you have tried all the usual debugging steps, including those in my "connection cookbook" then you need to try your camera on a friend's PC and vice versa. It is possible for camcorders' DV ports to be defective.

Please let me know....

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
i have an old panasonic camcorder and it dosent have any ub ports, or anything digital what so ever, its a panasonic hi def zoom... the only outlet it has is an a/v out, and i was wondering if possible how to get it onto my pc, and what software/accesories(cords) i would have to purchase in order to aquire this... email me if you want a pic of it, or have an answer... coreyjwilliams69@hotmail.com thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 403
cccccorey,

As your camera only has analogue outputs, you will need to buy a video capture card for your PC, such as those made by Leadtek (www.leadtek.com).

Make sure your PC exceeds the minimum spec or you may lose information during capture. I would recommend at least 1GHz processor.

Cheers.

T Manning
Unregistered guest
Hiya,

Ive an Sony Handycam HC14E. I urgently need to transfer the footage from tape to VCD. Reading the manual it says that I may not have this option, and ive had a look and I cant find the 'Burn VCD' button so Im assuming i havent got it. Is there any way at all that I can transfer it without this option. Im very desperate, its for my wedding in 2 day time. Thanks for any help

Silver Member

Post Number: 417
T Manning,

Get the video footage onto your PC using firewire if available or USB if there is really no alternative then use a package like Nero VisionExpress to make the VCD. Of course, you need a CD burner.

Good luck!

Anonymous

Help
I have a Sony dcr-hc21 Digital recorder. I need to know if I can fast forward the movie to my hard drive some how instead of playing them? I have 12 hours of tapes that I want to send to the hard drive any ideals how to do this the fastest way thanks

Anonymous

Help
I have a Sony dcr-hc21 Digital recorder. I need to know if I can fast forward the movie to my hard drive some how instead of playing them? I have 12 hours of tapes that I want to send to the hard drive any ideals how to do this the fastest way thanks

Unregistered guest
i have a sony handycam TRV138. i wanna know how i can connect my handycam to my PC?can u help me please!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 474
slickrick619,

If your camcorder has an i-Link port, use that in conjunction with a PC firewire card/cable/software package. See www.videohelp.com for "How to" guides.

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
I need some help. I bought a JVC gr-d27ou last night. I've spent all day today trying to upload my footage onto my PC which runs on Windows XP. The computer does not recognise the device. I'm using the USB cord that came with the camcorder. It SHOULD work, but the directions from JVC aren't crystal clear, and I keep getting error messages. I'm ticked off. I spent too much money for it not to work. Help!

Silver Member

Post Number: 479
Sarita,

I will recommend using firewire rather than USB to transfer video. Card/cable/software packs are very cheap. Always turn off at least your camcorder before connecting the firewire cable.

Cheers.

salih
Unregistered guest
hi i have panasonic nv - rx2 camcorder and HP pavilion k381 at, please let me now know make conected

Anonymous

Is a video Hi8 CCD-TRV 138 able to hook up to the computer to make movies?

Gromit

You may recall we were in touch last on 9 July. I sent the camera back to Canon for a replacement. The firewire connection works fine on this one! So this is just 1)to say thanks and 2) to let people know that firewire ports CAN be faulty and it's worth checking out if all else fails.

Simon

Silver Member

Post Number: 532
Simon,

Many thanks for the update. I hope the replacement was not a wallet-damaging experience for you.

With the new one, please observe the "power off before connecting' precaution.

I'll certainly file this one away for future refererence.

Cheers.

Dan Bickerton
Unregistered guest
I have a Samsung VP-W70 PAL camcorder and want to connect it up to my computer to enable me to edit the videos. The only outputs the camera has is S-Video and A/V out. Is there a way? Please help

Silver Member

Post Number: 561
Dan,

As your camera only has analogue outputs, you will need to buy a video capture card for your PC, such as those made by Leadtek (www.leadtek.com). These cards have inputs for audio (left and right) and video. Normally, they are supplied with capture software so you can play back the material on the external source and capture it into an .avi file on your computer. The cards are quite easy to instal and operate. External boxes offering similar functionality and connection via USB are also available.

Especially for PCI cards, make sure your PC exceeds the minimum spec or you may lose information during capture. I would recommend at least 1GHz processor.

Cheers.

RamanaKumar
Unregistered guest
Hi Gromit,
I have purchased a firewire card, as per your suggestion and installed the supplied software (Ulead). It is absolutely lot more easier, time saving, and better quality when compared to USB capture. After trasfering/ capturing the Mini DV content on to PC, I created a DVD. Many thanks to you & your suggestion.
Eventhough the DVD quality is quite good, it is not as good as the original *.avi file which I captured from Mini DV.
1. What should I do to improve the DVD quality?
2. While capturing the video content, What is the best file format (*.avi etc)?
3. Which software do you recommend for good DVD creation?
4. I have captured the content with one software, and created DVD with another software. Does it make any difference in quality?

Thanks,
RamanaKumar

mountaineer
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to transfer video via firewire from a Sony DCR-HC21 and haven't had any luck. I've tried it on two computers, one a Toshiba A55 laptop with built in firewire and one on a desktop with a firewire card. In both cases I cannot get Windows (XP Pro SP2) or the software (ULead or Window Movie Maker) to recognize the camera. Since it happens on both computers, I'm going to try another firewire cable.

Has anybody else had this problem with the Sony? Does it need a special wire or card?

Silver Member

Post Number: 580
Ramana,

1) Use a recommended DVD authoring rpogramme (I recommend Ulead Moviefactory) and make sure under "tools" that you select "highest" quality

2) .avi is optimum.

3) See (1)

4) No. So long as you are not dropping frames during capture, only the software that makes the DVD (rendering the .avi file in the process) affects the quality.

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
I have a Panasonic GS-75 Camcoder. In webcam mode, MSN Messenger is identifying the product but Yahoo messenger shows as no Webcam Available. The error in Yahoo Messenger is showing that valid image size not available... What to do with this.. Pls help me.

killer_death
Unregistered guest
hi ...i have alaptop and i wanted to connect it to the tv n it has a S video plug in n when i conect it all wit tv nth happens does anybody know how to make it work...if u do plz email me... bazuka_0@hotmail.com thx....

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a Samsung analogue camcorder and have purchased Pinnacle Dazzle Video Creator 90. The trouble I am having is that I cannot capture both video and audio together, and to capture video individually I can only plug the cable into the camcorder half way, otherwise the picture out put on the pc turns black. I can capture either individual audio or video from my camcorder, but not together otherwise I just get a black capture preview screen on my pc. I only have one socket to go into on my camcorder, which is yellow. I have tried a single to double adaptor to take both audio and video. The only other output from the camcorder is called Mic, which I assume is for microphone use only. Can you help please?

RamanaKumar
Unregistered guest
Hi Gromit,

I observed one more fault with my DVD software. When I am converting the .avi files into DVD using cyberlink DVD software, the result is playing well on PC, but not on my TV (played on DVD player). Parallel lines are appeaing over images where there is motion either in picture or when camera is moved over objects. This is happening when the DVD is played on TV and not in PC.
Where does the fault lie? Is it in the capturing software or converting to DVD software?
What is the wrong thing that I am doing here? Please help.
-
Ramana

Unregistered guest
I have PANASONIC DIGITAL VIDEO CAMCORDER MODEL No.PV-GS9 and needs your help to know the name of the website from where I can download the required CD-ROM Software to instal into my PC to view the VIDEO, RECORDING ON TO SEPARATE DEVICES AND ALSO USE THE CAMCORDER AS A WEBCAM

Silver Member

Post Number: 583
RamanaKumar,

I suggest you try experimenting with a cyberlink DVD setting called "progressive scan" if such thing exists and you can find it. If the playback is good on your computer, you have probably enabled progressive scanning, with a possible negative impact on your TV depending on the model.

Here is some background reading for you:

http://www.avdeals.ca/classroom/Proscanexplained.htm

Cheers.
PS: By the way, due to me now starting a new job after a long "holiday", effective immediately I shall no longer be able to contribute to these pages on such a frequent basis

Natrilix
Unregistered guest
My friend has a Sony camcorder DCR-HC14E & has lost his CD-Rom Containing the Drivers & Utilities, Picture Package.Can anyone help?

Unregistered guest
I have just puchased a Sony DCR-HC19E , trying to us USB. I cannot get the computer to reccognise the Camera , I have used the disc supplied and have downloaded a new driver to no avail . Any ideas anyone

Anonymous

Hi, I have sony camcorder CCD-TRV 118. I need driver for this camera. Please send me if any body have. Thanks

Username: Timur1

I have a laptop and a Canon ZR100 camcorder, I tried to transfer video to the lap top but the software program (Windows movie maker) would freeze. I tried another software(Ulead) and it would alos freeze after a couple of minutes. Any advice?
Thanks

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony Handycam TR22 model.
When I try to transfer the vedio from the camcoder to my PC using Pixela (Sony supplied Software) the vedio is transferred, but the quality is very poor. Can any one suggest me a software or method to transfer the vedio from DV tape to PC without any loss in quality. Reply to aiyanh@yahoo.com
Thanking you in advance.

Username: Patriotc

I have a Samsung SCD107. I want to transfer data I recorded to tape to my PC, but when I plug the USB port into my PC in tape/playback mode, there is no drive listed for the camcorder. Is this a hardware fault or am I missing something. Please advise to patriotc@hotmail.com. Thank you for any help.

Username: Pennysc3

Maine USA

I have a sharp vl-a110 hi-8 camcorder can I hook it up to my HP pavilion N5475 laptop I am running windows xp, I want to use it as a webcam and transfer video to my pc to burn dvds
I am basically pc illiterate so I need help!!!
I want to start doing web cam shows from my website!
Thank you for any help you can offer!
Ciao!
Penny XXXOOO

Matt Grooms
Unregistered guest
I have got a Samsung VP-M50 PAL camcorder, and want to transfer the video footage i have recoded to my PC. Can anybody please tell how i go about doing this.

Thanks for any help given

Username: Goffy

Hi i have a DCR-TRV 350 i have had it for about 2-3 years and i still havent found out how to put video onto my pc. i have a dell, a usb port but i have windows movie maker and i cant put my video on there. can anyone tell me how to or if i need a different editing software. please give me some help or a link i can vist! thanx

Unregistered guest
Hey i just rented a sony CCD-TRV138 and when i put it in the usb port on my computer it and go into windows movie maker it says no device detected can somebody please help me fast i appriciate it email me a skatebrdr876@aol.com

Unregistered guest
I just bought a pv-gs35 panasonic camcorder.Somebody
please hep me how to connect it to my vcr-player so I can transfer my recordings to a larger casette.

Username: Siddharthjain82

Delhi, Delhi India

no picture appears on the lcd panel and the viewfinder on switching to the tape function though the play/edit function is working proprerly.the device was working properly before it was attatched to pc.

Unregistered guest
Hi everyone, Im trying to find a site I can download a driver for my sony dcr-trv 280...(I don't have the CD-Rom)....so I can convert my video into DVD's. Thanks a lot.

Username: Dipanjan

BangaloreIndia

Post Number: 4
I have recorded my video in 16:9 format using DCR-HC40E PAL. How do I transfer the same to my pc without changing the aspect ratio? How to I burn VCD without changing the aspect ratio?

Unregistered guest
I own a Sony DCR-PC109 and I want to put what I have recorded on my miniDV tape onto the computer. How can I do so?

Unregistered guest
I have a Samsung SCD 23 Camcorder and the unit is just over 1 yr old. When used in CAMERA mode, the LCD screen or the viewfinder does not display the image. When changed to PLAYER mode, the LCD and viewfinder work fine. I checked the SAMSUNG website FAQ and it looks to be a known issue. Anyone have a fix or know what is the cause? It just started doing this...
What would it cost to repair?

Happy Singh
Unregistered guest
I have a Panasonic GS-75 Camcoder. In webcam mode, MSN Messenger is identifying the product but Yahoo messenger shows as no Webcam Available. The error in Yahoo Messenger is showing that valid image size not available...
It needs Vfw format with resolution 160 X120. What to do with this.. Pls help me.

007joshua1212
Unregistered guest
i need help i have a RCA 8mm prov600 and serie no. e160483
i dont know how to put it on the computer and i really need help someone help pleasse

Anonymous

i need help on putting my 8mm tapes on the computer. my series no. is e160483

Unregistered guest
I have Sony CamCorder TRV17. Want to upload video from cam corder to PC . Using NERO V6.0. The software keeps on telling me there is no device connected. I have tried both the fastwire as well as USB port. When I switch the cam corder to memeory stick it recognizes the device. But I need to upload video from my tapes. Please help !!!

Unregistered guest
i have sony trv14e i am unable to transfer from tape to cd ,i get the picture but no sound i have tried re installing the drivers but no luck

Unregistered guest
i have a panasonic vz55 model camcoder .I want to transfer moving images to my pc(it can only transfer still images with the cd provided).
when i am trying to use windows movie maker it is accepting only my webcam as the imaging device.

can you suggest something .

PDeveloper
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have an analog Sony Camcoder with an S-Video output and my video card has an s-video input. But what must I do to transfer videos to my pc using an s-video cable. I tried with many programs such as movie maker 2, but they all say there is no camcoder connected.

Unregistered guest
My computer is only about a year old and I was told I will probably have a firewire port on my computer already - I have been looking in device manager but dont really know what I am looking for!! (I have also looked at the back and again dont know what I am looking for!!) Can someone please tell me how to find out before a buy a firewire card! Many thanks

CHADMAW111
Unregistered guest
I GOT A REAGUALR HANDYCAM AND JUST WANNA TRANSFER WHAT IVE RECORDED ON MY COMP CAN SOMEONE HELP ME THANKS!!

jgriz
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to hook up my sony hi 8 camcorder to my hpm7360 tower and don't know how ,, tried hp c/s to no luck.

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a Panasonic PV-GS9 Mini DV Camcorder, i bought it last year and have no idea where i put the user manual or the software (if it even has any). I want to know how I can upload the videaos to my computer and what do I need to buy to do it? Thank you!

Babu
Unregistered guest
Need a help...Have ULead Version 6 installed on my pc (with FIREWIRE card). I need to capture only Video (without Audio) from SonyHandycam to my PC, but I'm unable to do so.
'Capture Audio' option in Options dialog of ULead is always checked. Not sure how to uncheck.

If not, suggest me how do I supress original audio (by super-imposing any music) while creating/modifying a video file.

Any help appreciated.

Anonymous

I am looking for catalogue for sony handycam CCD-TRV16E, can U help me out, how I can download from the net.,

Username: Beefcake

Hi everyone, Im trying to find a site I can download a driver for my sony dcr-trv 280...(I don't have the CD-Rom)....so I can convert my video into DVD's. Thanks a lot.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7317
It takes more than just the driver to convert your video to DVDs. Do you have a firewire input on your computer? Do you have a DV output on your camcorder? Even an audio/video capture card will do. If you don't have any of these, you won't be able to do any conversions.

Username: Merseysider16

Generally, I face the same problem as Atulh: I have Sony camcorder TRV-17E, but no idea how to upload my videos from tape to PC and edit them.

Are firewire cable, firewire card/port on PC, and video editing software enough to solve my problem?

Thank you very much

Gold Member

Post Number: 7411
You also need a good computer with at least 512mb RAM, 200GB harddrive space and the latest OS. You also need a DV output from your camcorder.

Username: Merseysider16

Berny, many thx 4 yr response. It really helps. Just to make sure, did u say "200GB" or "20GB"? What if my harddrive's space is less than 200 GB?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7436
200-two hundred. Videos will eat up a lot of disk space.

Username: Anunair

hi
i have a samsung camcorder..i have recorded a anniversary on it with sound...when i play on the camcorder i can view the whole anniversary with sound..but after rerecording the whole aniversary using the samsung camcorder software on the pc and when i play it i am to only able to see the motion and no sound...
can anybody help me as to what setting i need to implement so that while recording on the pc i get to hear the sound also...

thanks in advance.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7503
How are you connected to the PC???

Username: Anunair

their is a usb port supporting cable supplied to connect to the pc..

Username: Krmshk

Bath, Avon UK

Hi,

I bought Sony DCR-HC46E recently. I have tranfered the video from tape to PC. I have tried to view the video using Windows Media Player. Video quality is good but whereas video quality is not good in Full Screen Mode.

Do i need to set something in Camcorder before shooting ???

Please help me

Bye

Username: Arie_wagschal

Hod hasharonIsrael

i have a ccd trv27e camacorder and a pc card usb fire wire.and a fire wire cable i dont know how do i connect that cable to the cmacorder .there is no place to connect it .is there is any adupter for that?

Username: Irbyjr

Greetings:
I have a SONY DCR-TRV11 camcorder with a DV in/out (i-link?) port, and a PC with USB 2.0 ports. I have a USB cable but the camcorder end is not compatible with the camcorder port. I think all are 4-pin. Do I need an adapter for the camcorder end of the cable, or do I need something else altogether?
Thanks a bunch in advance!

Username: Jerry4all

Lagos, Lagos Nigeria

Hello. Please i just installed a firewire card on my system and connected my Sony minDV DCR-HC21 Camcorder to it.but windows does not detect it. Please help

Gold Member

Post Number: 7562
Do you have any video editing software?

Username: Jerry4all

Lagos, Lagos Nigeria

yes. i'm using premier pro 1.5

Username: Powbrog

i have a sony dcr trv240e The fire wire works ok with an old computer running windows ME. I have recently purchased a laptop and i can transfer data with USB cable but the laptop does not recognise the camera when firewire cable is used. I use windows movie maker.Can anyone please tell me what is wrong. I think i have tried everything.

I have read Gromits post above and is it ok to Remove/uninstall the firewire on device manager, will this cause any harm, i am afraid to try!??

Thanks.

Username: Ladyhawk1092

Lawrence, Ks

I have had the same problem with my DCR-HC21. When hooked up to a laptop I can get video output for webcam but no audio. I just got a firewire card for my desktop and the camera will record directly onto my computer usuing a windows video program, sound and all, but my computer will not recognize it otherwise. Anyone have any suggestions? This seems to be a problem with everyone who owns it.

Username: Jackblack

All I have is a cable with a 1/8" connector on one end that goes into the A/V out on my Panasonic PV-L452D, and a 12-pin (I think) connection on the other side to go into the PC. If I'm going cheap and using Windows Movie Maker, what else will I need? I've tried it and it can't find the camcorder. Do I need to install a driver from Panasonic? It didn't come with any software.

Username: Jbento

Piracicaba, São Paulo Brazil

Hello
I have a PV-GS31 camcorder. I'm trying to download movies to a PC (Windows XP sp2) using Windows Movie Maker and USB cabe, but all I can get is the sound, not the image. Does someone have any idea about what is going on? Thanks

Username: Bgrmckay

Help needed! I recently bought a JVC GR-D340E DV camera and need to transfer my recordings onto Windows Movie Maker. I bought a Firewire cable separately and have been trying to transfer my stuff across. Unfortunately, movie maker does not detect my camera. I have tried all the usual - turning it off and then on again etc... but it's still not working. Am I missing some software or anything else for that matter?
Following on from some of the threads from earlier, I have looked on device manager for the IEEE1394 bus controller and I don't have it although there is a firewire connection in the back. What's going on?

Username: Cinema_2005r

Hyhderabad, Andhra pradesh India

hi,
we had panasonic camcorder.in the system vediocard also there ,but it will not support to that camcoreder,before we intervedio dvd software is installed ,it supports ,after unexpectly we are formate the system,so we want again same software to capture vedio.now what we do .u will send information.

Silver Member
Username: Ftalife

Post Number: 222
Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 9247
You're welcome.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9248
Question is, what have you done to help other members of the forum?

Username: Lockmccleary

Hi, my Canon MVX10i has worked perfectly over the last couple of years (in terms of capturing video thru firewire)
Recently, it has stopped responding to the computer in which it previously worked. I have a new fast machine which it doesnt respond to either.
Also my mates Panasonic camera has also stopped responding to his computer, and it doesnt work on both of mine either. I've tried reinstalling the firewire ports and fiddled around. Has anyone got any suggestions.
PS, we have this awsome half completed interpretation of 24 that we can't edit because it is stuck on tape! It is really frustrating

Username: Ivanpetit

CARACAS, D.F VENEZUELA

TENGO PROBLEMAS PARA INSTALAR LA VIDEO CAMARA JVC GR-DVL820U NO LA PUEDO INSTALAR EN MI PC NECESITO ESOS DRIVER PARA WINDOWS XP POR FAVOR QUE ALGUIEN ME AYUDE NECESITO QUE MI PC LA CAPTURE GRACIAS ANTE MANO

Username: Say2mansi

I have Sony Camcorder DCR HC 48.when i tried coping pictutes from the camcorder to my laptop using the USB dravive provided with the camcorder i found all the pictures are blured or low ligh or broken or no clarity.

Please help me on this

Username: Blearti

Hi everyone
I own JVC GR-D250U MiniDV Camcorder. I don't know how to tranfer family movies from tapes into laptop. I bought a 4P-4P cable (the one that fit on laptop and camcorder). I have Windows XP SP2 installed. Computer doesn't recognize at all new device. I try with add new harware from control panel....everything is working properly - it says.
Can anyone help me?
Thank you in advance

Username: Nickodj

Australia

My problem occurs when I am trying to connect
my Sony DCR-TRV27E dv camera via the 1394 port via an ilink or firewire cable to my Dell Vostro 320, running Windows XP Pro SP3.
The camera is recognised and says it is good to go. However, when I try and open any program to run it, I get the dreadded blue screen of death!

I loaded Adobe premiere elements 7 and ran windows updates.
Adobe is working fine with my mobile phone and capturing video ok,
so I can almost rule out a problem their software.

When I plug the cable in I get this particular
blue screen stop message appearing.

stop 0x0000008E, (0xC0000005, 0xB94FDCF4, 0xA6978B84, 0x00000000) message,
noting ks.sys address B94FDCF4 base at B94F9000 datestamp 48025c12.

After looking in various forums,
it would appear I am not Robinson Carusoe (alone) on this one....

The camera works perfectly on another laptop,
so I can rule out camera or cable problems.

I am thinking it may come down to a windows software issue
or a problem with the IEEE (1394) port or even a driver. (although Sony state that with ilink no driver is neccessary.)

Or it may be a mismatch between DV & 1394 chipset...
Do I need to put in a new PCMCIA 1394 card or deactivate the display adaptors or throw the computer back to Dell?

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 302
Try a different PCMCIA Firewire card. Look at the ones on newegg.com that people recommend.

Username: Gwad

Hi i have a Sony Digital 8 Camcorder model no: DCR-TRV330E. Recently i installed a new Windows 7 operating system on my pc. Since then windows 7 will not recognise my camcorder. I have connected the i link cable between the two, the camcorder registers the i link cable and the device manager on th epc registers the camcorder yet when i look for the file in explore it is not visiable, i have tryed windows movie maker and that also has had no joy, as well as Sonys on PMB software, please can some help or guide me.

Username: Kasi

Hi..
I hve CCD-TRV14E sony handycam..
i don't know how to connect it with my system..
its analog cam.. i need to take a copy and has to make it as backup in my system..
Pls brother will you please help me...
tell me how to connect my handycam with PC and how to copy from cam to PC..
pls help me brother..
pls tel me the answer to me in this mail tech.kasi@gmail.com

else leave your answer here with my post question...

thanks in advance...

Silver Member

Post Number: 376
Your CCD-TRV14E has a RCA video jack out and a RCA audio jack out. The sound isn't stereo.

I would forget about using your PC and buy a standalone DVD recorder from Toshiba, Panasonic, etc.

bro DVD recorder ll suit for my handycam ah?
i need to do connect with PC..
if u know means pls tel me bro..

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
clearly you are not capable of understanding what I am trying to tell you

so knock yourself out with trying to connect to your PC

I can never understand why people with limited technical knowledge and capability insist on doing things the hard way

sorry brother.. don get emotional.. i don know about this handycam interconnection and al.. brought in second hand so only am asking my doubts with you to clarify..
so pls brother tel me clearly what i need to do for transfer my handycam video file to cd or dvd.. pls help me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 379
Connect camcorder to DVD recorder with two (2 ) RCA jack --- RCA jack cables.

If you can't read and understand that, then you need to forget about this endeavor.

Post Number: 4
DVD recorder how much cost brother?

Silver Member

Post Number: 380
You don't know how to look for pricing on a DVD recorder or are you just lazy????

bro u said na so ly thought that u might hav that DVD recorder and u ll knw the price so ly asked... but ur tlking too much.. its not nice yar

Post Number: 6
ennda bonda thalaya therincha theriyum nu sollu illana mudikittu poi velaya paru,,
yarukuda technical knowledge illa... nathari.... i'm engineer da..
enaku theriyalannu unna ketta periya pudingiyattam paesura.. nathari.. innoru thada ethavathu intha mathiri paesuna mavanae unnoda site galli..
mind it....

Post Number: 7
ennda bonda thalaya therincha theriyum nu sollu illana mudikittu poi velaya paru,,
yarukuda technical knowledge illa... nathari.... i'm engineer da..
enaku theriyalannu unna ketta periya pudingiyattam paesura.. nathari.. innoru thada ethavathu intha mathiri paesuna mavanae unnoda site galli..
mind it....

Username: Alen123

The lowest price for
Samsung HMX-R10
IS that I could find so far is here:
http://www.upiq.com/api.php?pid=81156422

Username: Maxi786

The lowest price for Olympus E-P1 that I could find so far is here:
http://www.upiq.com/api.php?pid=86282900

Username: San284

Atlanta, GA

I have a panasonic palmcorder PV-D209 that only has an AV out and a laptop that only has USB connections. How do I transfer from the recorder to my laptop?

Username: San284

Atlanta, GA

I have a panasonic palmcorder PV-D209 that only has an AV out and a laptop that only has USB connections. How do I transfer from the recorder to my laptop?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us