Compare several cameras please, or suggest yours for me!

Username: Nukacola

Post Number: 2
hello, I wanted you to give me some advices of buying a digital camera.

well for example...

Canon 350D
Konica Minolta 5d
Nikon 50D or 70D

what are advantages or disadvantages??
recommend me something best! under 1000$
thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8308
Canon or Nikon will suit you well. The Konica Minolta is pretty unstable right now but it is still a great cmaera.

What is your photo experience?

The reason I ask is in reference to your query about advantages and disadvantages. If you have been shooting for quite sometime, those things take a back seat once you start expanding your lens line up. It really becomes a matter of personal preference. The lenses are mostly top notch and are all equally expensive once you really get crazy:-)

The best thing to do is get your hands on the different camera models and pick one that suits your shooting style.

No such thing as best, just varying amounts of money involved.

Post Number: 4
well i`m not going to shoot in AUTO mode =))))
everything I do is in manual.
also I shoot macro, at night clubs, several times a made a home studio ( i mean I did mono background) also I shoot long exposure, manual focusing practising also.

but i started active shooting 1 year ago (maybe a bit more) and i got rockie camera (minolta dimage Z1 and Fujifilm 5500)

Gold Member

Post Number: 8311
With the type of shooting you do, the Nikon D70S or the Canon 350D will be up to the task. The D70S, I feel, has better manual controls as opposed to the Rebel, which has too much automation for my taste and feels a little toyish. You should also look at the Nikon D200 or the Canon 30D.

Post Number: 5
thanks a lot.
i checked them all
and I liked nikon d70s and KM5(7)d

Gold Member

Post Number: 8312
I'm a Nikon user myself:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Bigwatchhe

Post Number: 18
good forum, come on.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3601
I laughed a LITTLE when I read the comment from Berny from June of '06 in which is says that Konica / Minolta is a 'little unstable'.

Fast forward? SONY bought the whole enchilada and started upgraded what came to be known as the 'A' mount from Sony, which was really
the Konica / Minolta mount.
Later, they brought out the 'E' mount which was pretty progressive. The latest SONY Mirrorless are considered top line cameras. I think the 'A' mount stuff is history and
Sony now concentrates on the E' mount. The lens line is fairly mature by this time and The Full Frame Mirrorless A7 series in ALL its variants is selling a LOT of cameras.
Both Nikon and Canon have successfully (largely) met the challenge with new lens mounts and a bunch of NEW cameras. I have the Nikon Z6 these days and won't swap it.

I know this is a decade and change after Berny's post, but MAN, have things changed a LOT. I even owned the Sony NEX-7 for a while but it was AWFUL. the one complaint which continues dogging SONY? The menu system gets a fair share of flak.......Look it over at a store before plunking down your cash. My Nikon menus are deep but well organized. I'm even able to access some frequently used options with a SINGLE button click and I even have the camera set up for both back button focus (no more 1/2 press of shutter) and a button for depth of field, which I find useful.

Username: Deldagoa

Post Number: 7
Thank you for your advice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help