Sony Vs Canon

Username: Jacob_tms

Post Number: 1
Upload Upload Upload
Which one is a better buy Sony DSC-T9 or Canon SD600. I am also looking at Canon SD700, which has good ratings but is a little expensive than the other two. When i looked at reviews, it said that sony T9 has a problem with indoor pictures and has a Red eye problem. Canon SD600 seems to have higher ratings than Sony. But, I heard that Sony is the best brand in everything. Both are almost the same price, i am having trouble deciding which one to buy. Please help me out. Also, is the Canon SD700 better than the other two.

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 328
Actually except for TVs, IMHO Sony sucks in about everything--quality has taken a nosedive over the last few years. The Sony wouldn't even make it onto my shopping list, if it were me Canon, no question.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8179
Canon, hands down!

Where did you hear that Sony is the best brand in everything? That is a ridiculous statement.

Username: Bralau

Ames, Iowa US

Post Number: 3
I'm in doubt between Canon SD1000 and Sony Cyber-Shot DSC W80? Considering sharp and colorful images, small shutter lag and image stabilization which of these cameras has the best price value for a beginner that won't grow into a nicer camer for a while?
I know Canon has better lens than Sony, I've also heard that Sony has more advertisement than quality. However, Sony is faster than Canon... So, please, someone help me! Which one should I pick?

Bronze Member
Username: Brooky

Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 11
A Canon camera has a few crucial components in it that are made by Sony. A Sony camera has zero parts that are made by Canon. That pretty much tells the story.

Silver Member
Username: Serniter

Piscataway, New Jersey USA

Post Number: 189
There are some brands of cameras that use Sony sensors. I'm not sure Canon is one of them. Do you have a reference?

Bronze Member
Username: Markdavid

Post Number: 30
Canon has a greater picture depth , Sony on the other hand is user friendly and is faster then the Canon.

Sony has a better contrast then the Canon. both are good , the decision is yours.

david

Username: 865warren

hi!
i would prefer the canon i think...
at the moment i have a canon and i'm very content with my canon! before the canon i had a sony, but i think canon is better because of the greater picture depth as mark already said!

Username: Haffiz_abdul

Toronto, Ontario

canon by far

Username: Ween2ween

I enjoy Canon due to the quality of the photos. But I have a Sony as well.. [not the same brand] I have no problem working with it and it takes pretty good photos from my perspective. But it's your choice.
Also, it also depends on what you are using the camera for. A point and shoot, or indoor/family outings?

Username: Reefyes

Rapid City, South Dakota United States

Hey guys .
I really need your help . Right now , I'm looking for a digital camera either Sony or Canon that range between USD 100 to USD 250 . I want to give it to my mom as a birthday present but I just don't know which one to choose . If you guys can help , kindly let me know the brand and the model that you guys think it will be great . Her birthday is like in 4 days now ;(

Username: Reefyes

Rapid City, South Dakota United States

Post Number: 2
Hey guys .
I really need your help . Right now , I'm looking for a digital camera either Sony or Canon that range between USD 100 to USD 250 . I want to give it to my mom as a birthday present but I just don't know which one to choose . If you guys can help , kindly let me know the brand and the model that you guys think it will be great . Her birthday is like in 4 days now ;(

Username: Haffiz_abdul

Post Number: 10
O like the d600, i got some good ones on my website, check out http://www.ezelectronixshop.com

Username: Tradestead123

Post Number: 6
hi guys,
for digital camera both Canon and Sony are very good, they all have a good reputation.and both of them have there unique advantage. so ,for deciding which one to buy it mostly up to you, which one can meet your need better, that's all! have a good luck!

Username: Yolaine

Hi guys,
I cannot decide between a Sony DSc-215+ case and a Cannon IXUS 860 IS.
Please I need your advices,
regards,
Yolaine

Username: Lucky101

HydeabadUnited States

Post Number: 8
I prefer sony. Its very easy to use. Canon is not as impressive as sony in picture results.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us