Spazz0
Unregistered guest
ME TOO!!!
Only for GR-DVM76U
PLEASE HELP!!!!

talon
Unregistered guest
-------------- JVC GR-D70 ----------------

Thought I'd post this seeing as though theres a bit of confusion about JVC video transfers. I Just bought a DV Camera (GR-D70). When you read most JVC user manuals from the website, or hard copy it states that video (stored on tape) can be transferred to a PC using a USB cable. This is incorrect. You need to use a IEEE1394 Firewire cable to transfer the video. USB cable (as thetaxidriver stated) can only transfer data from a memory card. Secondly it states that you can also use a USB cable for webcam streaming. Wrong again, a firewire cable (and card) is required. You also do not need any drivers for firewire connected cameras, because this is the job of the firewire card. Drivers are only needed for some USB connected cameras. OK!

Username: Paradise7337

Post Number: 1
I have a JVC DX95U digital camera. I planned to download my home movie onto my laptop (an emachine Model M5310 using Windows XP purchased last fall)and then burn the movie to a DVD. I bought Ulead software and thought I was in business but discovered that I don't have a DVD burner...I just have a CD burner (& I can only watch DVDs). I also want to transfer my old VHS movies (home movies & movies recorded off of the tv) to DVDs I thought if I bought an external DVD burner I could both burn a DVD from the home movie that I downloaded from my camera into my computer & burn DVDs of my old VHS tapes. Talk about confusing.... Won't a DVD burner allow me to download my movie from my camcorder into my computer and then use my software to burn the DVD? I have been reading all I can find about burners but now a technician told me I also need a USB tv tuner card if I want to transfer video. Is that true? I thought I would just need a tuner card if I wanted to tape off of the tv, etc. Do I need a tv tuner card to download my VHS tapes into my computer and then burn them to DVDS? I hope someone out there understands what I'm trying to do. I'm also trying to find an external burner that is both reasonably priced and compact(light).
Help!!!! Thanks!!!

godapola
Unregistered guest
i have a Panasonic NV-DS65 camcoder and i connected it to my firewire card the PC detected it but the driver installation failed can you help me with this

My OS is WinXP plz Help!

!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
Hello everybody,
I just recently bought JVC GR-DX95EK and lost CD with software.Where could i find to download software from internet ( I need USB drivers)

Thank You In Advance

Unregistered guest
I have a JVC GR-DVX507A. I tried downloading my home video into my computer (OS : ME). However, my computer is unable to detect the camcorder. Can anyone help ?

Unregistered guest
i have panasonic DV-60 , WIN XP OS Installed
i had motion studio3 and panasonic dv studio softeare installed , i can attach the camera with PC via com port , no firewire card installed

i want to download video
presently i can download the video in the form of still pictures

please help

Pudo
Unregistered guest
hi i do not see any device for camera on device manager but i see microsoft tv/video connection in advance sytem information My OS is xp and for few days i also saw LAn connection under Microsft tv/video connection but it disappeared i think the hardware was on via chipset board . I plan to edit video there is a video capture hardware in chipset on board but i dunno if it works coz theres no port for video in or out. do i need to buy capture card? i plan to edit videos on my desktop .. please help me out

Dan Le
Unregistered guest
I have a JVC GR-D70U digital camera. I want to get the video and audio from the camera to the computer to edit it. I only have the USB cable that they provided and Roxio Videowave editing software. Can I get the video from the camera to the computer with this stuff or do I need more?

Dan Le
Unregistered guest
or how do u use the av output to get video from the camera to the computer?

just_me
Unregistered guest
Hey everybody, here I am again...

I really am thetaxidriver.net but this time I post anonymously since I forgot my password

Drivers for USB and Firewire cards come on CD with cards or ARE ALWAYS PRESENT on card manufacturer's website. If maker is not clear, just pull the card out of the comp see the name on it or search google for whatever text strings you find on it.

If firewire/usb interface is integrated (on the motherboard) go to computer (or board) manufacturer's site for drivers. Or just try windows update site for driver updates...

I see a lot of pips here have misconception about hardware and software requirements for the system you are planning to use for video capturing and editing.

There is really no maximum requirements, so I'll just focus on the minimum:

1. Pentium 3 800Mz (and way way UP... I have 2.8Gz (800Mz FSB with 1Mb cache)

2. 256Mb memory

3. WORKING firewire or configured Video capture card

4. GOOD FireWire cable

5. A fast (and spacious) hard drive. It has to be at least 5400Rpms and 30 Gig of free space for 1 hour video. (when u capture raw video, 1 min of it takes up about 500Mb, before you convert it to MPEG2 or whatever else you gonna convert it to)

6. If you do not have firewire (a $25 card) u can use a capture card (internal TVcard with analog input will do). The only thing is, capture card is at least $50. U do the math

7. Well, as far as h/w that is it, may be dvd burner be a good idea. no preference there.

software department I covered in my previous (April 28.2004) post...

Couple of things you guys just have to UNDERSTAND. When you bought your camera, the s/w that you get with it is a cheap JUNK that does not do half of what you expect it to. In my next sentence (and in previous too) I do NOT try to insult a non-techie dude (or Gal). So, if for somebody making a firewire or usb card to WORK is a problem, may be this whole "video" adventure is not for you. May be it is just easier to shoot your videos and give them to your local photo/video store and for some silly $40~50 they will give you a nice shiny DVD. Or just watch those tapes on your camcorder connected to your TV. I mean, maybe computers (and especially computer video) are not for you? The software is the most difficult task here. I mean, I am a techie myself, still, I had (and have) questions about many aspects of DA BUSINESS.

Now, capturing video, via firewire card u capture DIGITAL video, all those zeros and ones that you store on tape, via firewire, transfer to your comp. The s/w to do this job is (for beginners) pinnacle studio 8 or 9, or the most primitive one is EasyCD/DVD Creator 9.

When you capture via capture card, your camera plays video and outputs ANALOG signal via DVI socket. Using your DVI to RCA cable (with yellow red and white ends) you connect camcorder to capture card. Card captures ANALOG signal converts it to zeros and ones (DIGITAL) and saves it in the format of your choice. Here if you save in anything else than raw AVI you will loose lots of quality (more than you have already lost during ANALOG transfer from the camera). s/w used here is the one that comes with the capture card. ( I used MSI TV@Anyware card with Intervideo's WinDVR 3.0)

when you get 1 hour of your video in you will see at least 12 Gig of your hard drive space is used up by the captured video. (Here u have to remember that FAT32 partitions used in Windows ME and 98 and some 2000 do not support files bigger than 10Gig, so you need to use NTFS) If you plan to make it to a DVD make sure u have at least 7 Gig more on the same drive. Also remember that your OS needs 1 Gig of free disk space on C: in order to operate. It is better to have a second drive (20 Gig minimum). This way you do not risk to run out of space and crash your OS.

If you used a video suit s/w like Pinnacle or Ulead, your space issue is still important. Even though the s/w only specifies input and output standard it still needs to capture AVI and convert it to MPEG as well as create a DVD image or VOB files (which ever u specify).

Editing video I am not even going to touch here. go buy a book or something...

OK guys (and gals) u take it from there. Remember, don't be shy, www.google is a good help. going to your camcorder's website is also a good idea.

Anonymous

Corrections:

when i wrote DVI i meant AV

when I wrote about Easy CD/DVD Creator 9 it actually is 6. I don't think 9 is out yet...

I also kinda skipped MPEG2 convertion and VOB creation. Those are essential to DVD format. but those are not the type of questions that dominate this forum... so I sorta skipped them.

So long

Unregistered guest
IIght i want to download my movies on to my g0# d4mN comp. excuse me i have the usb hook up and windows movie maker 2 NOW WHAT DO I DO. if u want u can email me im gettin really frustrated thank you for your help (if you give me any).

guamish@hotmail.com

Anonymous

Hi
I bought a Canon ZR80 MiniDV and shot a movie on a Mini DV tape. I want to download this movie onto my computer which has a USB port. I dont have a Firewire cable or port installed. Is it possible to use the Firewire Cable and hook it to the USB port thru any device? Has anybody tried it?

Thanks,
Deepak

Unregistered guest
I have a S VHS-C GR-SXM520 and I have no idea how to transfer videos to my computer. I have windows XP. I was going to buy a 64MB video card with S-Video and i thought that would work because on my camcorder, it has one that looks like S-Video. If u have the answer to this please email me at ahmadh13@aol.com. If u know wat i need to transfer the video files to my PC, please email me.

Thanks,
Ahmad

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 757
Ahmad,
Go to your computer store and ask for a video capture card for your PC. It will also come with instructions on how to transfer or "capture" videos with this card.
try this site
http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,113461,pg,3,00.asp
good luck

Anonymous

i hav a jvc dv camcorder and i use the usb to transfer pictures and for use of webcam for AIM. what im trying to do is to get the computer to use the camcorder to record videos, but on the computer. I want the computer to show a motion picture on its monitor. How do you think i can do that?

Silver Member

Post Number: 788
try using a IEEE 1394 cable attached to the DVI output of the camera.

Anonymous

I have jvc camera model GR D50AS. I want to download driver to transefer Image from camera to PC. From where I can download the driver.

Silver Member

Post Number: 851
try the jvc website tech support

Unregistered guest
Hello everyone:
What is it that I need to be able to transfer video from JVC GR-DVL815U's mini disk to a DVD writer? Any comments would be highly appreciated.

Silver Member

Post Number: 867
where is your manual???
get it on you pc first then encode then write

Unregistered guest
Dear Derek,

I have the JVC DVM-76U DV Camcorder. I bought a firewire card for my XP laptop. I connected everything, but I am only able to get small little clips each three seconds long into Windows Movie Maker. How can I transfer a full video into the maker? Everything is connected properly, I am able to transfer stills using USB, and only small clips using firewire. In addition to Windows Movie Maker, I also have access to Adobe Premiere 6.5
Thank you for your help,
Anthony

Unregistered guest
i have a sony digital handycam dcr-trv250 i lost the imagemixerprogram cd to transfer photos from camera to computer where can i download a copy of this cd im using windows xp thank-you
thug_angel1482002@yahoo.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 976
try the sony website and download a copy from there.

Unregistered guest
HI EVERYONE,I'm Ignaz from Indonesia.
I JUST PURCHASE JVC-GR D53 BUT I LOST THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL.
WOULD BE APPRECIATE IF SOMEBODY CAN PROVIDE IT...
THANKS

Silver Member

Post Number: 985
try their website. They should have a downloadable manual.

Unregistered guest
I just bought a Jvc Gr-dvm 90 digital camcorder. But it came without the docking station. so what do I need to connect it to my laptop or where do I buy a docking station for the camcorder? Help!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1032
check out the manual.
It should tell you all about the optional accessories.

Unregistered guest
I have bought a GR-DX77 JVC camcorder. It came with software and USB cable. Even after I I have installed the drivers when I connect the camcorder to the PC with USB cable the PC is not identifying the camcorder. What is wrong with it.
Can someone enlighten me please.

Unregistered guest
Thanks Guys.. Your posts were really informative.. Internet at its best..!!!

Love u all...

Unregistered guest
I recently bought a Panasonic PV-GS15 camcorder which I have hooked up with firewire cable to a IEEE 1394 2 Port Card Bus (6 pin) through the PCMCIA slot in my R40 IBM Thinkpad laptop.
The laptop recognizes the card perfectly, but doesn't recognize that there is a camera attached to the other end of it.
I've tested the entire configuration with other IBM Thinkpads with the exact same problem being exhibited, but ... I have also tested the same configuration with other laptops and pcs and have no problem getting the camera to show up in the "My Computer" explorer window. I'm using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 and I have applied the patch from Microsoft for the "camera is not enumerated correctly" problem.
And yes, I have re-booted my machine. Has anyone had success getting an IBM Thinkpad to talk to a Panasonic Camcorder through firewire? Can you please help? Thanks
- Stephen

Amazed
Unregistered guest
A few basics from a professional

1. DV captured straight from Tape to PC uses approx 4 Megabytes of hard disk space for every second of video - You do the maths

2. For my own fun I have a JVC GR53. It transfers video to PC perfectly through USB so no more talk about USB only being for stills. You must have USB.2 hardware for this to work. USB.1 is not fast enough.

3. Get some decent software. Forget all your cheap premiere and Ulead and crap. AVID is the way to go. There is a FREE version available for download from the AVID site.

4. If you want to make a DVD, then your video, once edited must be converted to a DVD file for burning. You can only tranfer straight to DVD from your camera if you have a real time DVD burner which works like any VHS video recorder. Push the Record button and it starts recording whatever is plugged into it! The Panasonic DMR-E20 is an example.

5. Firewire is not rocket science. Its like buying a loaf of bread. If you dont have a firewire card
go down to the computer store, buy one, bring it home and shove it in a computer slot. The rest will take care of itself.

Unregistered guest
Hello,
I just recently bought JVC GR-DX75AS and lost CD with software.Where could i find to download software from internet ( I need USB drivers)

Thank You in anticipation

Unregistered guest
Hi! new to the forum. I just connected my brand new Canon ZR80 to my PC. Everything works fine. Now call me ignorant, but I believed that downloading video from a digicam was much more like downloading digital stills (sort of like transfering a file). I press "capture" and the video starts playing back like it would with a regular analog captura card. Yes, it gets saved to the computer, but it take 60 minutes per tape to download the whole thing. I'm I doing something wrong?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1055
No, you're not doing anything wrong. The files you are transfering are nothing like computer files. These are video downloads and they go from what is on the tape and it would take about as long as the tape can play them.

Anonymous

To the "professional"

99% (I leave 1% for margin of error) of camcorders that I played with (about 20 or so) do not supplort USB2. When you switch a camcorder to the camera more to play video, USB circuit is not even active. Firewire is AN INDUSTRY STANDARD for digital video. Moreover, If you are having doubts, go Matrox, Canopus or any other PROFESSIONAL card makers and find me one profy capture card with USB2. it AIN'T there...

and to top it all off, U call Premier and Ulead Studio CHEAP CRAP (???!!!) how about $600 to $700 a pop, and that is without plug-ins. And good plug-ins will run you a pretty penny too. I want to see you doing real-time rendering, widescreen shots, quality titles/subtitles, anime and much much more with your free avid. Almost all professional "Event shooters" (weddings and stuff) that I fix computers for use Premier.

Oh, and another thing, I would also really like to see how you are going to create DVD menues (interactive ones) or add second (or third) soundtrack using your DMR-E20. Not to mention that your Panasonic DMR-E20 does not support Dolby 5.1 for recoring. Why didn't you just suggest people to hookup a TV-Tuner card and just record to it via coax or RCA? Hey, that would work too, and it's quick.

So, stop confusing newbies and don't try to show off here rookie.

Anonymous

to Stephen Beneteau

You will not see your camcorder (when it is in the tape mode) among your devices in device tree. But you should see it as a hard or a removable disk when in USB/stills (photo) mode. Your capture software has its own protocol to communicate with and get raw video from tape. If your camera is improperly connected, than your capture s/w will complain that there is no strem to capture.

to Sebastian

Berny is right, you are ok. I am going to try to expand his thought though.

A hard drive is "random access" device tape on the other side it a sequential device. On a hard drive before creating a file system creates an overhead (file handler) that has all file info i.e. size type name and pointers to actual data. Before you save your file your system reads the original file's info, allocates space for it and saves. Hard drive is spining at btwn 5400RPM to 15000RPM and there is a metallic "head" scanning disk's sectors for reads and writes. Your regular IDE disk has about 20Mb/sec transfer rate. when the system knows exactly how much space it needs and where to put the data, it does the job at the maximum possible speed. Now, on the tape when you start recording to your camcorder, it records data as it comes. Plus the speed at which tape is being fed to the magnetic head for reads and writes is optimized by quality/complexity/price/and_more matix. There is no overhead that tells the system how big is the file going to be and there is no head scaning tape (like it happens on a hard drive). Hell, you don't even know yourself when you are going to stop filming. System can not randomly (quickly enough) move through the tape and crate and update overhead.

So, tape is playing, and if there is a connection to the computer that is being recognized by the software, datastream (your video) is being broadcasted to the computer and software captures it.

I am sure that sometime in the future some camera makers will have higher speeds for playback (for capturing) so we don't have to wait entire hour. But that is in the future

Gold Member

Post Number: 1069
Anonymous,
Why don't you register and be a regular contributor, we could use your help here.

Unregistered guest
This is what I found from the JVC site:

My GR-D70US is not connecting to my PC, Why?

In order to connect your GR-D70US to your USB port, you must insert an MMC or SD memory card into the camera, however neither of these cards is included with the GR-D70US, and the card must be purchased separately. You may contact the JVC parts department at 1-800-882-2345 or visit the JVC online accessory store to purchase a MMC or SD memory card. Some local retailers may also carry these memory cards.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1079
symone,
because you need a dvi cable to connect to your pc. The usb will not work with the jvc.

Anonymous

to Berny:

I am registered I just don't remember my fricking password, and I did not insist when the server choked and did not e-mail it back to me. I am sorta busy most of the time (and when I have time, I am lazy (huh)) I am thetaxidriver.net ...

I do come here every once in a while and try to help those that need help (or passed "square one" and can ask their question intellegently), and not just the same one over and over again. (I am not trying to be rude here). I guess I am too impatient to babysit. I do salute you for your patience and determination.

I have something in the works right now so I might be able to post stuff with screenshots and stuff, or even refer to some places that have answers...

Good luck

ForTy
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I've read through all the posts & am still confused.
I have a JVC GR-D70EK connected via a USB cable (don't have a Firewire card) - all I want to do is get the video from the Mini DV tape to my hard drive.

Win DV (& the image maker S/W you get with the camera say 'No device found !!)

The JVC manual says you can, a number of people in this forum say you can & a number say you can't.

So.........can I or can't I use USB to transfer video from the camera to the Hard Drive ?

Thanks.

Anonymous

From thetaxidriver.net

To ForTy:

Your software is looking for the firewire connection for the device (that is the STANDARD). That is why it complains that "no device found". try using AV to RCA (white red yellow) cable. Oh sorry, but then you would need a capture card. Sorry but my guess is that you are bound to keep watching your videos on your TV...

I mean if you have an aboundance of time and your frustration tolerant, than Yeah, keep trying USB. And if it works let US know how you did it STEP BY STEP, what s/w, what h/w, what is your PC specs etc. Somehow I predict that most you gonna get from your JVC GR-D70EK is videos off your memory stick, but they are @ low rez. and 15 frames per sec., and sound is very compressed.

To Berny:

This is what I called "same question over and over again"

TO EVERYBODY:
PLEASE LEAVE DAMN USB2 ALONE. It bearks down like this: If you want to record a motion picture, you buy a camera. If you want to use your PC to edit those motion pictures you gonna have to GET a firewire (cheaper) or capture card(more expensive). There MIGHT be some cameras out there that will support USB2 (I am yet to see one) along side with firewire, but it is not a STANDARD solution. Most software will only look for firewire or capture card for the VIDEO SOURCE. That is what's also called INPUT SOURCE or INPUT DEVICE in the properties of ANY video s/w suite. Note, it is not your CAMCORDER, it is the CARD that you should look in the properties...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, JUST ACCEPT IT and I, Berny and other folks will try helping you learning the DAMN THING by answering most of related questions.

Kito
Unregistered guest
I have a JVC camcorder and I was wondering if I can somehow make the computer detect it so I can upload my videos to it. The model is GR-AXM230. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Hi dear friends,
I have JVC GRD-50 miniDV camera, I have made some some movies and burned some VCD also using the IMAG MIXER software supplied with it. IT can be played in the computer but cannot be played in a VCD player.Also a 30 minutes movie is occupiying 600 MB of space.Kindly suggest how to reduce the size of the movie file.

Anonymous

From thetaxidriver.net

to Gurmeet:

I really do not suggest you shrinking your video any more than VCD quality. I mean, c'mon DVD burners start at less than $100 now days. (What ever you do, DO NOT BUY DVD RW FROM I/O MAGIC... they just crapout on you. I do have some horor stories...)

When you say "I have made some movies and burned some VCD also using the IMAG MIXER" Do you mean you have created Mpeg-1 files (i.e. something.MPG) or you have created VCD-file structure(!) that you have burned to CD? To figure if you have a VCD you need to put VCD(?) to a computer CDROM tray, on it you should see following FOLDERS that APPEAR to be empty: CDI, SEGMENT, folders VCD and MPEGAV are not empty. Actually MPEGAV must have you video file something.DAT file. That file (on your computer you can just drag to any MPEG player (Windows Media, RealPlayer, Winamp, WinDVD...) and it should play your video.

Now the way I used to do VCD is:
1. "Take care" of video (capture and edit)
2. Convert video to MPEG-1 (some FREE s/w does it for you i.e. "Save as MPEG" option.
3. Burn VCD Using Nero BurningRom (did not try others) When you start Nero, tell it you want to create VCD it will start a template with all those FOLDERS I named above. Drag your mpeg video file to the template and Nero will do the rest.

Now, I you did create correct VCD it may just be the case that YOUR DVD player does not recognize it. try another DVD player.

Oh Yeah, this is what might be your problem:

You say your 600Mb only holds 30 min of video. This sounds like you save your video not in VCD but in SVCD. SVCD is "Super Video CD", not all of the consumer DVD players play that format. It uses 480X480 resolution and up to 2500 Bitrate. SVCD file structure (on cd) looks similar but not the same like VCD. In VCD format you can save about 1 hour of video in near VHS quality, but SVCD holds (usually) no more than 35 min.

Creating VCD/SVCD is best covered on: http://www.doom9.org/

##########################################

What I can suggest is, DO NOT ERASE YOUR TAPES. In the "not so distant future", there just might be ANOTHER better or CHEAPER format to convert to. If you still have the tapes you can do it with no problem but doing it (for example) from VHS to VCD to SVCD to WinMedia to Divx to Mpeg to DVD... U get the picture. Even DVD is just a format of the choice FOR THE DAY. DVDs are ENCODED, when your tapes are RAW Video. simple example is this, once you took a Black and White picture of a Sunset, no matter what retouch you do on it it will be ADDING something (a version of) that was not there originally. However If you take that same picture with a 6 Megapixel Digital camera, from the original you can make: Identical copies, smaller shots, paper prints or thumbnails. Same with video. Do keep your originals. DVDs and VCDs only give you the convienience of watching (with menues, chapters, and multiple soundtracks) Copying and distributing. DVDs are still a poorer COPY of your ORIGINAL tape. (When I say poorer I do not mean BAD)

Good Luck.

P.S. more questions like this PLEASE

Unregistered guest
Anybody know where I can downlaod a user manual for a JVC - GR-DVL505(U) -Thanks

Anonymous

From thetaxidriver.net

to Kota:

Hey dude, I only did three searches and I found your manual... How lazy are you?!?!?!

Here it is: http://www.jvc.ca/manuals/GR-DVL805U.pdf

Enjoy...

Patrik W
Unregistered guest
Just one simple question.
The most DV-cams have a s-video out.
I've got a TV-card in my computer.
This must mean that i could get the video from there without FireWire, right?

Anonymous

from thetaxidriver.net

To Patrik W

No, that means that you can get video out-put from you computer either on VGA monitor or S-Video (assuming those are the 2 out-puts you have on your card). S-video is usually used to get output to a TVset, LCD flat pannel or a presentation projector.

If you have a CAPTURE CARD with S-Video IN-PUT than yeah save your videos all you want. However, in that case, don't forget to connect and capture your sound as well. Capturing your video this way usually creates a video/audio sync problem. So if you are new to DA Business, stay away from it...

Anonymous

From thetaxidriver.net

To Patrik W

Oh crap, sorry man, I did not read your question correctly. You have TV-card not a VIdeo card (silly me, just woke up, can't see straight). Yeah buddy, you can get your video via you TV card. In essence TV card is nothing but a CAPTURE card with TV (and sometimes Radio) Tuner. Quality is not going to be "all that", but it is "quick and dirty".

1. Connect your camcorder to the card with s-video cable and AV to RCA cable to your sound card's input.
2. Open you TV-tuner s/w and select as input S-video.
3. Select format you want to sove your video to (WindowsMedia, Mpeg, Dvix or whatever else is supported by your card)
4. Start camcorder and (if you get preview) you should be all set for hitting the RECORD button

GOOD Luck

Unregistered guest
Hi,

I've got a JVS miniDV camera. but I can't get the video out of it. Well, not exactly, I can get the video, but it comes all distorted with missing frames, etc. I can't get a decent quality video onto my computer, Can you guys help?

Here are the specs of what I use:
JVS miniDV camera, FireWire, laptop (ThinkPad T40, with 1.56 GHz, 1 G RAM), for software to capture I use Adobe Premier 6.0, or Windows movie maker

Thanks!

Anonymous

from thetaxidriver.net
to: e-Lena (are u Russian by any chance?)

Anyway... It just came to my attention that MOST laptops have VERY slow harddrives. I was just shopping for a laptop for a friend and what shocked me that NONE of the vendors (that I saw) offer HDs faster than 4200 RPMs. Capturing video is very hardware intensive task. Every Mz, Mb, RPM, and Gb counts here. Forgive me if I am wrong, but I an pretty sure that to capture video via FireWire (without dropped frames) you need a hard drive that spins @ (at least) 5600 RPMs. In my system (a desktop) I have 3 HardDrives and each is 7200RMPs. 2 of them that i use for capture are in the 0+1 RAID (this inhances I/O by at least 20%). I use same Premiere 6.0, and I get NO dropped frames (that is what I think is your problem, dropped frames). By the way, how many do you get per tape (or per unit of time)? You should get no more than 2 (if everything is OK) in case if your tape finishes before you hit STOP on Premiere's capture screen.

What I suggest you do is, take your camcorder to to someone with fast(er) system and try to capture your video there. Make sure you hook it up same way you do on your laptop. See if you have same problems with dropped frames there. My guess is that you won't...

Now another thing. For whatever reason, when you hook up your camcorder to a TVset directly you get a really crisp picture, and when you capture it to the computer it does not look as crisp. Well, I spent more then one sleepless night trying to figure that one out. However, when I finished my first DVD and I played on my DVD player, quality was ALMOST the same like the tape. ALMOST because since DVD video is compressed and encoded, it will never be the same like RAW original. I just try to use properties that allow me to keep maximum quality possible, which in its turn depends on the lenght, s/w used, bitrate and some other constraints. Just learn how to live with it.

If you can read russian, go to www.afanas.ru it is a really good site, you'll learn alot there.

Unregistered guest
While transferring the Video from my Panasonic GS15 handycam to my PC using Ulead DV Studio ver 5.0, I notice that the copied movie does not have the same pace as the original (handycam). I use the capture option to save it to PC. While the pace of the movie in the preview pane of the DV Studio is the same, the downloaded (saved) movie when played using the Windows Media player is slow and does not play properly. Can anybody help me out. I am using Fireware.

Anonymous

To: SriK

I'm not sure I understand what do you mean. Is "something.AVI" file stopping and going, is sound out of sync with video (sound comes first), is your picture less than crisp... Is it original CAPTURED file that you are having problems with (1 min of video ~ 500Mb) or after you do SOMETHING with it to shrink size (encode to: mpeg, dvix, WMV...)

Please clarify...

If it just don't play smooth (meaning jerky, stop and go, SLIGHTLY out of sync) make sure your hard drive is at least 5600 RPMs (I suggest 7200). And yeah, what is your system? I do not care what brand, just give specs for HD, PROC, MEMORY (size and type, DDR, SDRAM, RAMBUS), SYSTEM BUS SPEED (FSB), and whatever else...

Username: Hvermeesch

BrusselsBelgium

From the previous postings I see 2 choices to download digital video to the pc: 1) via a video capture card or 2) via a firewire cable. Which one is best?
I have a JVC GR-DVX4 with a docking station with the red/white/yellow connection. Do I just buy the firewire cable, connect it and then use e.g. Windows Movie Maker to download and edit the video? JVC is not quite clear, they mentioned either the use of a DV entry or the use of a videocapture card. Is there an external videocapture card avaliable for the Dell 2400 pc?

kalojado
Unregistered guest
My question is kinda like the one above. I have a JVC GR-DV500u mini dv camcorder and I have had lots of problems with it. Until tonight (from reading the manuel) I was under the assumption that I could use a USB cord to transfer video to my PC, because again, that,s what JVC's manuel said. It said use USB, whoich was included, or a DV cable, which wasn't included. I have a video capture card, but only have room for the yellow cord. I hooked it up tonight and got video (on Windows Movie Maker, which is a BIG step so far) but no audio. Now I am stuck. I need some suggestions as well as which is better, firewire or video capture cards? Im stupid when it comes to this stuff, and I have read all the posts above, any more help would be greatly appreciated.

Unregistered guest
Hey, Look I have a JVC GR-D70U and when I installed the USB driver. I believe. It justs installs and then gives me 2 programs to install they have on the disk. I did and so on and so fouth. When I connect the USB from the comp. to the camera it doesn't even show they are connected on the comp. Can someone please help? Thanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1360
Hey, USB is for downloading stills from the camera, not movie files.

Unregistered guest
please help I'm trying to make my jvc dv camcorder GR-D72US as a webcam but the pc does not detect it or dosen't work. any ideas how to make it work?

Unregistered guest
Well, I had a Sony PC1E that did not work so well via firewire. But now i bought a JVC GR-DX300 that has the following interfaces:USB, Firewire/iLink and AV in/out.
I can use USB to transfer the video files and still images from the tape, and from the memory card as well.
I can use the firewire interface to transfer video files and still images from the tape (iīve not tested tranfering from the memory card via firewire).
I can use AV to transfer files into or out of the tape to my PC or other compatible device.

My problem comes when i try to use it as a webcam in Messenger. I can configure the damn thing but when i try to use it, i receive a message saying that itīs being used by another program. I looked into task manager to see anything related to video opened there, but i canīt figure it out.
Can anyone help me?

I also wish to say that all the connections above were tested and worked fine between JVC GR-DX300 and my PC P4/1.8Gh/512ddr333/MSI FX5600-256ddr/Asus P4C800deLuxe.

Unregistered guest
HI, I have a JVC digital camcorder but I lost the software. I found drivers and others but I need Pixela ImagMixer. Can you tell me where to download it. I NEED IT URGENTLY!!!

stratkik
Unregistered guest
I have JVC GR-D70U and how do I find my videos on my cam. I do have usb and firewire. I just don't know how to upload the vids to the comp. Does it have to be on the memory card or can it be on the video tape?! Please help.

Unregistered guest
I just Got a NEW CD WHICH COST $65 AUS and im happy to share if you have a GR-d50AA, im am looking at maybe recouping some cost. anyone interested???

I think it stinks that JVC charge so much when you provide, Proof Of Purchase, and have supplied serial number, yet I needed it. it should be a FREE DOWNLOAD or atleast a seperate USB DRIVER.

I will Never buy a JVC Product again, and will be selling this and purchasing a different brand too.
JVC ImageMixer with vcd1.1
im happy to copy and send to people.

Username: Kennyp

DublinIreland

bought a JVC MX7000 MINI DIGITAL CAMERA/VIDEO/CAMCORDER IN THE CANARY ISLANDS. I LOADED THE SOFTWARE BUT I CANNOT GET ANY PICTURES OR VIDEO ON THE SCREEN. THE MESSAGES 'USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED' AND 'NO DRIVER' APPEAR. NOR IS MY CAMERA IS NOT LISTED UNDER 'DATA SOURCES'. I NEED HELP URGENTLY BEFORE I TEAR MY HAIR OUT.

Unregistered guest
GR-DV500 Drivers for XP

Please, I need the GR-DV500 driver for Win XP. I can't download videos from the cammera without it. Thanks

Unregistered guest
hi, i have a jvc gr-dvl505 camcorder with a 4-pin IEEE 1394 firewire and im trying to connect it to my dell inspiron 8100 laptop using XP(home) with a 4-pin IEEE 1394 firewire. i purchased an IEEE 1394 firewire cable (4-pin to 4-pin) and its not working. i have tried almost everything i can think of to get it to work, but no luck. can anyone help?

Unregistered guest
hai..i have a sony dcr-trv18e minidv handycam...it says in the manual we can use usb streaming to capture videos from the tape...The problem is tat the software tat i use "ulead" doesnt detect my usb..well it detects my usb when i put my cam in memory mode only..but not in the vcr n camera mode..any idea...??n does anyone has pixela image mixer 1.0...could u plz send it to me...i have lost my copy..

Unregistered guest
Hi, I recently purchased a GR-DX77Ag JVC Camcorder. I managed to upload the videos but when I try to open them on the Movie Maker, it says that the file is empty or corrupted. I installed the IMage Mixer software that comes with the camera and it works prefectly but I'd like to edit my videos using Movie Maker. Can you help me?

Unregistered guest
I have a Panasonic GS15 handycam and I am trying to use Pinnacle Studio 8 to download the movie. While my system was Windows 98, I could download the movie but after I migrated the OS to Windows 2000, I have not been able to install Pinnacle Studio 8. During the setup, the system reboots automatically when HFX starts installing. I have tried several times running the setup but with no success. Not sure if HFX has some problem. I could not find any reason on the Pinnacle site as well. Please help...

Unregistered guest
I have a JVC GR -D50 AS CamCorder. i have lost the software for the same and unable to find it on the JVC website if some one has the software along with the drivers please send me the link or as an attachement

Bill_at_OKVideoGuy.com
Unregistered guest
SriK:

Regarding your issue with Studio 8 & Win2k -

It is not a problem inherent to Win2k. I also migrated Studio 8 from Win98 to W2k (on 1 machine and to XP on another) then upgraded to 9+ on both, all without a hitch.

I recommend you do a complete uninstall, then try again. Also - hopefully you backed up your CD & DVD when you first got the software. If you received a scratch in the area of the HFX tracks, that could be the cause of your problems. You may need to get new disks.

One more potential 'gotcha' - Studio 8 (& 9) prefer Intel processors and particularly do not like VIA chipsets or Nvidia chipsets. I got my system to work on a computer it didn't like but only after great difficulty and it was always a bit flaky. I finally broke down and built an all-Intel system which it likes much better.

Good luck!

hnt356
Unregistered guest
to Berny
Your answer to KMW was perfect. After 10 hours trying to get my XP to reconize my JVC DV I found this forum, took your advise and I had it
Much thanks Dave

Gold Member

Post Number: 1928
glad it worked out for you:-)

Unregistered guest
I've got a GR-D70 Divi Cam and lost all the software provided with purchase. Any idea where I can find all the software/ drivers needed to run on WIN XP. I also need to find Pixela Image Mixer.

Thanks.

Unregistered guest
I lost the Pixela ImageMixer V. 1.5 that came with my Sony DCR TRV14E. Can anyone send it to me or let me know where to find it? Thanks
jon_riche@hotmail.com

VBK
Unregistered guest
Hi
I have compaq presario desktop computer. It has 1394 port. Does this a fire wire port? Does my computer has a firewire card also? How to check these things. I want to transfer video from my sony camcorder to pc.Thanks

Unregistered guest
Dear all,

Hey, i have just bought a Sony CCD-TRV 308 Hi-8 handycam, how can I connect this to my Dell Inspiron 8100?

Moses

Unregistered guest
Hi

I recently Purchase JVC GR-D90u but I don't have the software CD that comes with Camera . Now I am unable to install software & driver , Please reply me at felipe7@gmail.com

Unregistered guest
I also have a JVC GR-DV500 and need some help with setting drivers up... But i'll start from the begining hoping this will solve most of some people's problems and trying to make this work. I will also be calling JVC to make proper working drivers.. I'm running WinXP on a 1000AMD

hrr..rrr...rr.mm I Downloaded this driver http://www.jvc.com/custrel/software_files/920.exe and installed it exactly the way it says too. REBOOT.. I plugged in the camera and turned it on play/memory.. the driver install perfectly (Mass Storage Drive) the SD memory card was now accessable as a drive..

now when i turned the cam to ON(Auto&Manual)/memory and nothing was detected... [the problem starts here] so i tryed installing different drivers and this one worked (UsbVSE.exe from http://www.jvc.ca/downloads/2003_usb_drivers.zip) running it on Windows 2000 Compatibility Mode /c it's for windows 98 or something and it doesn't work for winxp.

i'm able to use Dr. DivX to view/hear the cam but some programs won't allow me to view it at all.. e.g. when using it as a web cam under MSN Messenger it say's the cam is being used by another program so i'm not able to use as a web cam nor doesn't show under Scanners and Cameras in Control Panel.

I'll probably find these answers out some other way. Is the DV port, the firewire port or is it the usb port the firewire...? Does it even support firewire..?
Any help would be
appreciated... thanks

Unregistered guest
Hello...
Im having a JVC GR-D70 Video cam... and I want to use it as a WebCam in MSN Messenger, when I go in tools-settings for webcam and sound in msn everything looks good but when I start an webcam or videokonferens the video picture will not come on... maybe I need som special Drivers for my JVC?? I have look around on the web but can not find something, can somebody help me??? THANKS!!! Any help would be
appreciated

Anonymous

I have also a JVC GR-DV500 and fireware 1394 board on my win2k... and all works great with my computer. I can capture all stills and movie into my computer without any problem, the only think is what i try to do is, to use also my camera as a webcam but when i connect to the yahoo messenger or MSN there can not see any driver to use my JVC camera as a webcam camera.

I looked on the jvc website for any special driver for the camera but didn find any of it!
is there any special driver what i have to download it or can I install the camera on any way to use it as a webcam ????

Any help would be
appreciated... thanks

Sigs
Unregistered guest
OK i bought the firewire PCI card and cable (6pin-4pin) and it works great with the digital camera (JVC GR-DV500U) and i didn't install any drivers atleast it detected another by itself.. webcam works in MSN Messenger 7.0 (BETA) with the other user having the same MSN Messenger.. it does work with the usb but not all that great with alot of proplems with different programs and windows.. but for some reason i can't access the Memory Card via firewire.. weird eh

Unregistered guest
Hi...
I have a sony DCR TRV 460E camcoder and the software provided by sony is worst..
I want a software which can capture video from camcoder to my Harddisk thro' a USB support cable..

Unregistered guest
i need a WINXP DRIVER for MY JVC GR-D53AS
Plz tell me where can i download it from..
thnkz
MANU

Username: Winston

Hi ive brought a GR-D50EK camcorder and ive lost the software cd that goes with it i need to find out where i can download this software from for my camcorder to cannect via USB

Unregistered guest
Hello Buddies,
I hv a Panasonic NV-GS11 camcorder. I'm able to download the snapshots from my handycam, but unable to download the complete video recording.Can anybody help me in this case ??
Thanks in advance !!!

Username: Para_dave

Hi. I have a JVC GR-DV500. I have a program that captures video. Is it possible for me to capture clips off my video tape onto my hard drive through a USB connection. When i go to capture i can see what is being played, but it keeps saying the minuite i START CAPTURING is "Error capturing video" or it fails. Do i need a firewire?

SuzWestwood
Unregistered guest
Hi. I recently bought a fire wire for my computer and have been able to download video to movie maker for editing. However my computer keeps crashing and Microsoft errors say I have a Driver problem. I have XP and the firewire is PYRO Basic DV from ADS Tech. Does anyone have any ideas?? I am going mad

Tracey
Unregistered guest
I have a Canon MVX25i Digital Video Camera, and run Windows XP on my computer. Question: While I can download still photos from the camera no problem in the Memory Card mode, is it possible to download video from the tape mode? Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2306
Tracey,
Yes, check the camera manual...it will show you how it is done.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2307
Suz,
What kind of computer do you have? RAM? Video editing software? What camera? Do you have the disc?
Answer all these and we'll see what we can do.

Unregistered guest
HI I RECENTLY PURCHASED SONY HANDYCAM DCR TRV 460
I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER I CAN USE THIS AS WEB CAM & FROM WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE

THE SOFTWARE SUPPLIED FROM SONY IS NOT GOOD.I WANT TO KNOW IF YOU CAN SUGGEST ME WITH GOOD SOFTWARE FOR THE ABOVE MODEL FROM WHICH I CAN COPY VIDEO FROM THE HANDYCAM TO THE COMPUTER.I USE WINDOWS XP SOFTWARE.

THNX

Unregistered guest
Driverguide.com will have the usb drivers for the JVC GR-DV500U(s) soon.. i got them off the disc that the camcorder cam with then returned it.. and yes the USB work's for everything

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=294437

this will be my last time here.. thanks everyone for talking about this issue

You can E-mail me jjweird@hotmail.com for this driver..
Subject it to "JVC GR-DV500U USB DRIVER XP" or i won't read it

camilo
Unregistered guest
I have a Samsung scd103. Iīm trying to USB transfer the video to my computer with the software which come with de camcorder, but the quality itīs no the best, so I would like to know, how can I do it better.
Also have problems with ULEAD video. When I tried to capture, it show a error message which say I donīt have any capture driver installed in my computer, but I installed the driver it comes with my DV Camcorder. Can somebody help me.

Thanks.

Unregistered guest
HI everyone! I spent my last 3 days and night trying to connect via firewire my laptop (Asus a4l) to my camcorder jvc dvl450. went trough all the forums, research and more. no success. anybody know somenthing about it? I appreciate your replies! thks Lilli

Username: Jdsager

HI ALL.....I BOUGHT A JVC GR-D90U MINI DV AT A POLICE AUCTION...IT WORKS GREAT.....WHERE CAN I GET THE DRIVER FOR IT SO I CAN DOWNLOAD TO COMPUTER. USING XP HOME ....... ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT....

Unregistered guest
I need to transfer pics from my JVC GR-DVL510 to the computer and I lost my software that came with the camera. I have the cable but no software and I am pretty computer dumb. Can anyone help??

Unregistered guest
i have a jvc gr-dx25e camcorder which i bought abroad, the manual is in french so need to get an english copy from somewhere?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us