Archive through May 31, 2005

Unregistered guest
hi i have a son dcr trv 460.....when i try to make the VCD using USB cable the video quality is not compararble as I see in my camcorder's LCD screen..is there any other way to get a good video quality..

Unregistered guest
Hi,
I bought SONY PC-DCR 350. But from its USB i am not able to download the Video recorded on MiniDV cassets. However I could downlaod all video and images on its memory stick.
Moreover i could not know, how to erase a MiniDV cassete??
Please suggest some thing.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2319
raj,
videos on VCD format is not very good so if you want good quality video, use a different format.

Anonymous

I am transferring video from my Sony TRV 33E handycam to PC through USB cable and ImageMixer software that came with the handycam. But, the quality of the mpg file created in the PC is not at all good. Can anyone please give me a solution?

Unregistered guest
I would like to buy a SONY Handicam , preferably with options like recording in DVD format , digital still photography options, USb to transfer into computer and with the best resolution.can anybody suggest me , within the range of 20 to 25000

Jashe
Unregistered guest
hello, i urgently need the nvgs400 driver.
Anyone knows where i may download it, my CD get lost.

Thanx.

Anonymous

If you don't know how to connect your camcoder to the pc because it keeps telling u that it does not see the cam even after installing your soft try and search in the play/edit menu the usb stream option and set it to on normally it is set to off and the pc does not see the cam....i've been through this...gamb0

Unregistered guest
I have trv265e sony handycam , how to copy full movie to PC via a usb and the imaging software .
and tell the procedure of cd burn as i have a nero software in th pc and i click the burn button on the handycam after insertion of balck cd in the cdwriter it gives media is not present .
if i copy the movie in a harddisk it is a small movie which comes to the pc not the full ie 2 min which comes before starting the start buttion in the s/w . I have tried so many time pls suggest me what to do.
Regds

Gold Member

Post Number: 2493
if you have any other video editing program in the computer remove one, specially nero, specially if that nero is the free version.

Unregistered guest
hi i am having sony handycam dcr trv 410 which have infrarad link to transfer/run the video on computer/TV. Let me know that for this i need a software, if yes,than how i can got it
ashok

vinniekrish
Unregistered guest
I have SONY TRV27 handycam. By going through this board, I understand that I need a firewire cable and then a firewire port for cam to PC streaming. Since I do not have both, before venturing into that, can someone throw some light whether it is possible to do it via USB. What cable do I need?
Many thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2541
vinniekrish,
first answer this, does your camcorder have a USB output that can stream video or just still pictures? Be careful now, a lot of people had made mistakes about this one. If you have a DV output on your camcorder, do yourself a favor and try to avoid complications. Get the the fire wire and forget about USB. But hey, if you want the headache...just try and figure out the USB part.
good luck, you'll need it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2542
Did you know about all these features available on your camcorder???

The camcorder has a IEEE 1394 Firewire port for transferring your video to and from your camcorder to your computer or to any other digital device. The camcorder has both standard, RCA and S-Video in out ports.

The DCR-TRV27 adds USB streaming, which has also been added to many other Sony digital camcorders. This feature allows the user to hook the camcorder up to their camcorder and stream 320 x 240 video, effectively using the camcorder as a web cam. This feature can be used to shoot video for emails, for the web, or for videoconferencing.

The problem is, you did not read what the camera is capable of doing. You have a manual, read it!

Now the USB stream is not a very good video quality so you still need to use the fire wire port.

You need a firewire port on your pc. I suggest you get one, if you have any intention of doing any video to dvd transfer.

The you need a DV to IEEE1394 cable to link your camera to the PC.

Unregistered guest
I've got a Sony DCR-TRV350 Digital 8 and I've been transferred both Video and Still images using Pixela 1.0 to my PC earlier. PC OS was Win2K Server. However I've got a new PC with Win XP Professional and now I cannot get the Videos to my PC with the software. I couldn't see or hear anything on the PC. It just said the "Camcorder is not found"
Then I installed a new Software came with my P73 Cybershot and then I can see the videos on Pixela window, but still I can't get sound on it. However the new Software came with P73 "Picture package" captures both sound and video.

Does any one has a solution for this or experienced this before ?

Unregistered guest
Hi Guys...I got a new Handycam as SONY DCR-HC30E, everything is OK but transferring the movie from camcorder to PC is a headache. Picture package supplied has only 'Automatic movie maker' option and thru that option, the software adds music and styles to the recorded movie. I tried Window Movie Maker also, it works fine but the quality of the movie is not good. Is there any way to transfer the movie recorded in cam to pc as it is. My OS is XP Professional, I have not tried it on other OS as Win 2000. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Reg......Vipin Madan

Anonymous

For those with SONY trv 255E using USB :

Use Windows Movie Maker for transfer video!

It is not a nice capture but it is better than nothing.
And throw that picturepackage garbage away....

Unregistered guest
Just a note, there are only 3!!! camcorders on the market that use USB HIGH-SPEED to transfer video with full quality and sound. All are JVC, but you have to buy their 70 dollar conversion cable and software. ALL other DV models use Firewire{a.k.a. IEEE 1394, DV, Ilink}. (I know, I know, there is also the solid state camcorders that use usb, but until the JVC everio series is out, there is no point on wasting your money on them.)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2583
These guys don't read anything here but a reply to their own message, and their own particular dilemma.
Some don't even bother responding if the suggestion worked.
Tunnel vision at its best.:-)LOL

Username: Wog23q

Post Number: 1
i have a handycam dcr-trv250e and i need the software or driver to get it working to access my files on the computer it will be greatly appreicated thanx

Unregistered guest
hi there!
I just bought a Sony DCR PC 350 digital video camcorder but I cannot install the drivers 'cos my PC cannot read the cd. I've been searching all day for them on internet, but no luck at all. Could anyone tell me where I can get them?
Than you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2606
If your computer cannot read the cd, you have bigger problems than transferring videos.

Unregistered guest
hi i have a samsung vp-d80 camcorder and it is connected to my computer by a svhs cable through my graphics card but it does not notice it and i do not have software for my camcorder yet but i will soon what should i do and what software is the best out there. please email me on abtommy@aol.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 2615
svhs is not a plug and play device so you computer won't see it.

Sony Handycam
Unregistered guest
i have a Sony Handycam CCD-TR427E. it has a audio/video hole to plug in to TV/VCR etc and a RFU DC Out can you tell me what type of wire to use to connect to the PC. I took it to a Computer Shop and they said I would need a TV tuner to connect it to the PC. can i use anything else than the TV tuner?

vinniekrish
Unregistered guest
Berny...Thanks for your suggestion and advise.
I understand the need for firewire cable and card. (Sony DCR TRV27 does not support video streaming through USB). My manual suggets 4pin to 4pin firewire cable. But my question is whether should I restict for 4 pin firewire card? Cant I go for 6 pin firewire card and make it work with 4-pin to 6-pin cable? Just for a reasoning..

And to your other point, (TRV27 can be hooked up to PC to work like webcam) I doubt whether it is possible as USB allows only still photography transfers.

Username: Jonathon

A, A A

Post Number: 2
Hello
It seems that I have the problem of many... I have got the Panasonic Nv-Gs 120. My software CD was damaged, and Panasonic won't replace it. Could anyone please tell me where I could download another Usb-Driver.
I was really wanting to know how to get my footage onto the computer. After reading the other posts, it seems that I need to buy a firewire???? Will I be able to get the footage onto my computer after I purchase one???
If anyone knows, could they please help me out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2671
vinniekrish,
I use a 4 pin to 6 pin cable and it works great. If you can get a 6 pin firewire...it would work better as a lot of peripherals that are on firewire use a 6 pin port.

The thing with streaming video via usb is what the sony people are using for a selling point. The quality is not good at all.

Nagendra Murthy
Unregistered guest
Hi, All who are having trouble with transfering video from Sony camcoder to laptop check out this
There are 2 options
1) download "ulead media studio" this is a excellent one with excellent video and sound clarity, but you have to pay $149
2) Use Windows movie maker and select USB audio device while transfer, clarity is not so good as ulead but Ok.
Its very unfortunate that sony didn't give a good software for transfering video

Anonymous

I have a Sony TRV-318 camcorder. Kindly advise how to transfer movie from tape to PC.

mcar
Unregistered guest
How do I know if I need a 6 pin firewire cable or a 4 pin firewire cable ? I have a Sony TRV27 miniDV and an HP Pentium 4 computer with a firewire port and need to connect the two. I know what the connection on the camcorder looks like, but how do I find out if the firewire port on the computer is a 6 pin or a 4 pin ?

Anonymous

Hilarious reading - Berny you have the patience of a saint!

I know virtually nothing about this subject, but from reading the postings, I have the following observations for Sony & Picture Package:

1. You can USB stream video to mgeg-1 (using the burn to Video CD option). In the process it writes the mpeg-1 to a temp folder and can be copied elsewhere.

2. This is very poor quality. I don't know if it's the USB stream or the format, but from what I've just read, it sounds like it's the USB stream.

3. You can try ulead media studio with the USB stream to generate mpeg-2. This is better quality, but still not very good.

4. It seems you need to use a different method, either the TV tunner card or the firewire / ilink connection.

Does this sound right?

mcgyver_lt
Unregistered guest
Hello, i have recently bought a Panasonic NV-GS21 DVC and i want to transfer video to my pc using USB 2.0. There were no cds when i bought it, but it seems that I need drivers for this camera. Where can I get those? I searched a lot and found nothing.

Unregistered guest
My Panasonic GS120 Camcorder is not recognised by my XP OS (with SP2). It is recognised on my friend's PC and his Sony Camcorder is recognised on mine. I am told by retailer that the GS120 has compatibility problems with some PC configurations and there is no fix. Is this correct?

Username: Deeebopgirl

Okay I Have PV-GS120. I have windows XP Sp2.. I using usb trying to make my camcorder act like WEBCAM. WHat is werid it work on my other computer that has Windows ME. So to answer some question on this it is operating system. I did what the tech support told me , uninstall all my other photo software and my other video codes. I then just installed me software that came with the cam..( Usb driver and webcam driver) and still deos not work. Does anyone have other suggestions to make it work.. also went Xp and panasonic website for updates. Xp saids it is a emeration rpblem, but does nto tell you how to fix it... Anyone can help me , it be great.. sorry for the long post, but I wanted people to know I have tried everything, I can think of...

Unregistered guest
First of all sorry if I'm asking the same question that has been asked already. I Tried to scan the posts to see if someone had the same problem, but your head starts to swim after a minute. I have a Sony DCR-HC40. I am running windows xp and I have pinnacle studio 8 (and movie maker of course) My computer seems to recognize when I plug my camera in the usb (it makes the "new drive" noise) but when I try to capture video using either program it says that it doesn't recognize any camera attached. I installed the Super-Sucker software that came with it, thinking there must be a necessary driver hidden somewhere in that pile of high school level programming, to no avail. Please give me some tips. I am an art student working on a portfolio deadline, and don't have much time to research something that should be so simple.

Unregistered guest
I want to configure the 'USB Streaming' mode in my Sony Handycam DCR-HC40E. But I can't fgure out where do it from. I couldn't find it in any menu. I want to transfer the video on the cassette to my pc and I am unable to do so.

I tried recording the video through the S-Video port of my PCTV Pro TV tuner card. It captured only the video but not the audio. Please I need some urgent help here.

Reno1234
Unregistered guest
Hi, I got Sony DCR-HC30E (mini DV) few weeks before. From the above, now i got that i need a firewire card as well as the cable. but i don't know what type of cable i need. is it 4 to 4, 6 to 4 or 6 to 6 pin cable? and which one will be better for that?
Please help me!!
Thanks!!

Unregistered guest
Hi Bipin,
You can find USB streaming option in p-menu, then click Menu and then scroll down. You will find somewhere USB stream option.make it on. And u'r camera will work will USB streaming. then u can use u'r camera as webcam also.

Unregistered guest
Hi gericurl,
It sems that windows movie maker does not work with usb. so you need to buy firewaire card and 4-6 pin cable. Then you can record video/audio on your pc. You can buy both(Cable/card) for your desktop from ebay in very low price.i got in $9 only.and it works gr88.

Anonymous

Hi, I have a Panasonic NV-GS120 and I want to convert my old VHS tapes to computer through the firewire card using Windows MovieMaker (sorry, don't have an alternative at the moment except for Ulead VideoStudio6)
I am following the tutorial listed at the end of the following page:- http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/21/dvpassthrough.mspx

However, As I pass through all of the steps I get the error that There is no tape in my camcorder...

Kindly reply! Thanks alot!

Unregistered guest
Is there a Cable that I can connect directly from my video camera which has both s-Video and a/v output alone with a headphone port to my pc via both usb 1.1 and 2.0
Thank you for any help in advance.

Awesome A
Unregistered guest
if you have any more questions you want answered within the 24 hours, I update my own post section. It is in the camcorder menu, or go to this link:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/photography/125903.html

Unregistered guest
you're all g_a_y

Unregistered guest
hello Berny,I was recently gifted a DCR TRV255E Digital 8 handycam. I am also very new to computers. I read the both the operation guides many many times to make sure that I was doing every thing alright. The problems that I am facing is that record to computer using the supplied picture package I am unable to find out the still pictures. secondly the video recorded to PC is with some music,not the original recordin sounds. and the video is recorded in haphazard scenes ie every few seconds the recording goes back and forth. i then tried to use the VCD burn feature but when the options feature comes on the boxs for destination and speed are empty. Could you please tell me as to how to record video from handycam to PC or VCD in the same form as on handycam. I have p4 PC with XP and samsung CD rom and BENQ writer. could you also please tell me how to view the stills. looking forwards to your answer. thanks PS please excuse me for not very technicl explanations I am in my 80's

Ferrigan
Unregistered guest
Hi there! I think this has been asked before but I couldn't see an answer anywhere. I have a Sony Handycam DCR-HC183. I can get the USB streaming working but when I try to view my picture and videos on Picture package it is as though the camera is not connected. The PC does not recognise it even in 'My Computer'. Please help because I am ready to throw this thing at the wall.

Ast
Unregistered guest
Hello there!!
I have purchased a Sony HC40E recently. The software provided with it has a facility to download the movie reorded directly to a CD. But when I try to download it to PC/laptop HDD, it removes the original sound and puts its own music.
Is there some software that can facilitate downloading of the recordings without tampering with the original sound?
Thanks

Unregistered guest
Is anybody knows how to transfer video from my Panasonic NV-GS11EG DV camera?. It has a USB 2.0 which is used only for photos and still images and a DV port marked as "DV out". What does that means? Am I able to transfer video into my PC with this function? I do read the previous messages regarding the steps that I have to follow in order to connect the DV (out?) with my PC but my question is if my DV camera is compatible with this firewire.
mohammadboy2000@yahoo.com
Thank you in advance

AJE
Unregistered guest
I am new here and I have a SIMPLE question that I did not see asked in any the above posts.

I have a Sony Digital 8 camcorder, and I have had NO PROBLEMS transferring digital video to my PC using my the DV output/IEEE 1394.

My friend asked me if I could tranfer a Hi8 video cassette for him through my Digital 8 camcorder, with it's DV output.

Can I? Can analog video be transferred through Firewire??

Thank you so much in advance!

beno
Unregistered guest
for all the issue above, the answer from Sony is here
http://www.sony.net/enjoy-photo-movie/handycam/features/p p/connect_e.html

For higher picture quality, use an i.LINK cable to create DVDs or store data in AVI format on your HDD
-Connect Handycam and PC i.LINK (IEEE1394) terminals via an optional i.LINK cable

AJE
Unregistered guest
Beno - thanks for your response, but that link doesn't work.

As I mentioned in my post, I did plan on using the IEEE 1394 connector and cable, just like I do when I transfer Digital8.

My specific question was, if I am using an old Hi8 tape in my same camcorder, will the IEEE 1394 output work, since the tape is analog and not digital.

By the way, my camcorder is a SONY DCR-TRV330. WHen I go through the menus, one of the options is "A/V -> DV OUT"

Is this what I use for this specific purpose (again, to take a Hi8, non-digital tape, play it in my Digital8 camcorder, and use the IEEE 1394 connector and cable to "digitally" transfer the video to my computer).

Thanks!!!

Username: Benp

Please Help.
I have a Sony DCR-HC20E and am trying to copy Tapes to my PC. I am running XP, and have a USB cable running to a USB 2 Port. Xp did not automatically pick up the driver so I installed it fine. It now is seen in Imaging Devices. the software I am using is DV Plus 2.0 it is telling me it cant find a Camera installed. I have also tried other software such as AVID.. Same Problem. What am I missing??? Thanks for your time

Username: Gurmeet

Vancouver, Bc Canada

i purchased dv to usb cable but windows does not identify this hardware. could somebody help me how should i transfer my movie to my laptop that doesnot have firewire port

Rocko
Unregistered guest
Guys, why are you wasting so much money?
I have Panasonic gs11 and you can very easiliy record videos by using microsoft's movie maker that comes with winXP. Besides, you can do it with the usb cable provided with the camera. No need for firewire or whatever other stuff. Yes, it is true it doesn't say so in the manuals, but experimenting is sometimes good... Hope this helps.

Rocko
Unregistered guest
Guys, why are you wasting so much money?
I have Panasonic gs11 and you can very easiliy record videos by using microsoft's movie maker that comes with winXP. Besides, you can do it with the usb cable provided with the camera. No need for firewire or whatever other stuff. Yes, it is true it doesn't say so in the manuals, but experimenting is sometimes good... Hope this helps.

Username: Benp

Post Number: 3
Rocko, what can I say. Thank you, Thank you ,Thank you! Sorted me out in 10 seconds :-)

someguy
Unregistered guest
I have a sony handycam DCR TRV260 and cant find the cd for it. I have winxp. Email saltysurfer@gmail.com plz

Unregistered guest
i have a Panasonic PV-GS9 i can transfer everything from my cam to my computer how ever when i try to use it as a web cam all it broadcast is a black screen...any ideas.. e-mail me at chevy89s10blazer@aol.com

Unregistered guest
Hi,
I have a Sony CCD TRV228 handycam and was wondering what cable I need to transfer videos to my laptop since the handycam does not seem to have a USB connection.

Unregistered guest
I have recently bought a Panasonic NV GS35.
I am unable to transfer video from tape to PC using usb. Can anyone explain how to do this?
Priya

Unregistered guest
Hi.. I'm Ken Saavedra
I live here in the Philippines..
I'm only 14 years old..
Yah, maybe you're thinking that I'm too young to have an interest in those stuff..

But anyway, I yould like to ask if the Canon XL2 can be pluged-in into the Laptop directly?..??

Or do i need to buy a firewire to connect the camera to my laptop??

Hey can you give me the latest VideoEditing Software??

Is it ( PYRO 1394DV Card )???

Hope that you can help me with my problem..

maddy
Unregistered guest
HI, berry
i want to convert the dvc casette of my handy cam into my pc . i don't have any software
that has come with my cam .so plzzzzzzzzzz help me.if any software is available mail me.
thank you .

Unregistered guest
Hi,
I have a Sony CCD TRV228 handycam and was wondering what cable I need to transfer videos to my laptop since the handycam does not seem to have a USB connection.
Please mail me at: sagz77@hotmail.com
Cheers

Unregistered guest
i'm having trouble uploading video from my digital camera to my computer. it's a sony digital8 camera, model DCR-TRV330. i'm using a hi8 tape, if that makes any difference. everything i see tells me to enable "usb streaming mode." unfortunately, that mode doesn't seem to exist on this camera. i've gone through all the menus numerous times. is firewire the way to go, perhaps? or can this be achieved with USB? any suggestions are appreciated. thanks...

Janet_CA
Unregistered guest
Hi everyone...
I have a Sony DCR-HC20E..... I need your assistance in downloading the "Still Photos" and "Video clips" saved on the tape.... Any suggestions????

Anonymous

I found this page that answers all your questions. Simply put USB cannot tranfer Digital video

ref: http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/connecting_camcorder_to_computer_wizard.htm

The second criteria is that both your computer and your camcorder have to have a firewire port. Firewire is also known as IEEE1394, Digital Video (DV), and iLink. The USB port does not transfer digital video - not even USB2.0! If your camcorder is an older non-digital model such as VHS, SVHS, 8mm or Hi8, or anything in an analog format, this series of pages will not help you unless you are using a third-party device which accepts analog video and translates it to digital video. Examples of these devices are the Hollywood Dazzle, DV-bridge and the ADS Technologies Instant DVD.

Suresh
Unregistered guest
Hi Berny,
I have a Panasonic NV-DA1 and it's been lying around for a while.I just got a new laptop and decided to get them connected up. I have read all the posts and am going to try it out. Will keep you posted. One question, what format does the laptop convert the digital signal from the camera to?

Suresh
Unregistered guest
Hi Berny,
I have a Panasonic NV-DA1 and it's been lying around for a while.I just got a new laptop and decided to get them connected up. I have read all the posts and am going to try it out. Will keep you posted. One question, what format does the laptop convert the digital signal from the camera to?

Unregistered guest
Hi Berny, I managed to connect up my DV with my laptop using firewire and it was so beautiful. My DV just got a new lease of life! However, how do i burn videos into VCD format? Are there any software on tne net that can do this? Thanks again for all the advice posted here!

kuchkuch
Unregistered guest
adeythambi,
following are some of the softwares that allow conversion from avi to vcd format.
dvdsanta
winavi
tmpgenc

the first two on the list are easy-to-use all-in-combo with encoder and burning software, but doesn't produce exceptional quality. If you want quality, the last one on the list and cce sp(cinema craft.. $$$$) are some of the more powerful alternatives. However you have lot more work to do. these two will produce mpg(ext) file with mpeg-1 video stream and mp2 or mp3 audio depending on your choice. you will need a good burning software like nero to burn them as vcd.
note: vcd's have .dat ext and nero should automatically do that for you.

also look into *ksvcd* if your dvd player supports it. you can get upto 120 minutes of near dvd quality on a 700mb cd. 120 min is pushing it though. hopefully i haven't confused you too much.

kuchkuch
Unregistered guest
i thought i should add some more softwares to the list. however these are only encoders not capture program. they are not listed according to their performance, somehow i was too lazy to sort them.

1)main concept encoder

2)d.i.k.o (by far the best all-in-one, come's with its own quenc encoder, and it's free too) been making lots of kdvds and ksvcds. i.e. equivalent of 3 full length movies on a dvd and one full length movie on a cd.

Username: Primobmx2007

Post Number: 5
I have a bit of a problem I lost the original drivers for my sony handycam digital 8 dcr-trv260 and formated my hardrive and have no way of importing video becouse my computer will not read that i have the sony handy cam in the usb drive can some help me? Like send me the drivers or tell me where to get new ones?

email steelersspirit@yahoo.co.uk

kuchkuch
Unregistered guest
nathan,
it might be worth googling before u post any questions.

anyways here's a link. http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=DCRTRV260&UpdateType=Everything
and choose your operating system from the drop down list.

if the link doesn't work, go to sony support website and you should be able to find your driver there.

Anonymous

Hi, I have a Sony DCR-TRV320E, I have a IEEE394 PCI card and my graphics card is a Geforce MX4000, and Ulead Studio 7.
When I connect up the Firewire and Camcorder I end up with a small error box whic states:
"Video Capture Card Not installed or Device not connected". When I check the Drivers for the Video Capture yes a yellow ! and when I check out the Properties it statres Code 10, then I'm unable to reload the relevant driver as it keeps saying OS has installed the best driver for this device. My OS is XP Pro, how do I resolve this problem do I need to by a Capture card as well??

hssgdh
Unregistered guest
DAMN IT! SOME USERS IN HERE REALLY NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SPELL WORDS..

AND HOW TO READ A MANUAL TOO...

Regards,
Myself.

Anonymous

Yes I apologise I mispelt 'States'.
However the manuals for the MX4000/Ulead Studio 7/Nvida website or the Camcorder do not explain/mention 'Code 10'.
The Camcorder amnual did give either us the 'Ilink' to IEEE1394 on the PC or 'Ilink to USB, when I changed to the latter I got the same error message.
So sorry, but all I really want to do is download my videos to my PC not get a comment/degree in spelling!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
I have a miniDV camcorder (panasonic pv-dv400), it connects well when i use a 6-to-4 cable (in my desktop). When i try to use it in my sony VAIO i have to use a 4-to-4 cable, but it doesn't work (as if it were disconnected). is there an specific kind of 4-to-4 cable i should use? or maybe i'm condemned to use it only in my desktop... Can i use an adapter or something like that?
Thanks
Gonz-Perú

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony DCR-HC40E handy cam.
Is it something to do with the CD-Writer. I have a Samsung SW-252s.

The Picture Package application always ask for a blank CD-R even if it is in the writer. Please help me....

Unregistered guest
Hello all.
I have a problem is transfering files from my Sony Hi8 (Digital) to my PC. I have a Sony TRV-110E camcorder. It records digitally on Hi8.
When i transfer using the firewire cable to my pc on IEEE-1394 card, it transfers ok in avi format. Very huge file. in GBs as usually happens. But the problem is when i view this file, it does not show the same quality. The picture is not sharp and is blurred. I have used, Windows Media Player, Sony-Vegas 4.0, Nero to transfer files. What is wrong in this? My PC is P4 with 80GB hard disk, 256 MB ram.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,
IS

Unregistered guest
Hello, I am using a zr300 cannon it uses a mini dv. I am having problems I connect the usb but i cant transfer it to adobe premier from the tape, or to any of the programs that came with thte camera it also has a plug for a dv cord but i do not have that.

power
Unregistered guest
i have a dcr-hc18e pal i have a usb wire to my pc but i cant transfer to pc.

Anonymous

Guys,

I need one info.

Have anyone used Sony TRV265E with Avid Xpress Pro (I am trying 4.0)? I am unable to configure it... Have anyone used the DV controls for this Camrea on Avid Xpress? Any tweeking?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Unregistered guest
i got sony handycam
i want to create cd from the ashooting i hav done
my problem is i am not able to capture the video as it is but it comes with different styles and sounds
help me or try to send me some mormal styles and tell me th other ways to capture the video

Unregistered guest
i have a dcrtrv-38 sony minidv camara and a hp m7060n media center pc. when transferring video to windows movie maker 2 or pixela image mixer, usb works fine, although a little grainy, however firewire does not recognize the camera on either program. i know the firewire port on the camera is operational because my dvr picks it up instantly. i have run diagnostics on the firewire card and it checks out ok. have tried several different firewire cables, and even took camera to local retail outlet and connected it to several different display models, including sony vaio computer, still no recognition, have talked with every wizard and geek i know, don't want to use usb. can i try fiber? if so, how? would really like to get firewire working.

Username: Byroniac

Petal, Ms Usa

any takers?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3026
try this. When you do the diagnostics on your firewire, remove/uninstall the firewire on your device manager. Restart the computer, wait until windows re-installs the firewire. Re-start again, then wait until the pc is booted up completely. Power off your camera then plug it in using firewire, then power it on.

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 164
Berny,

With your permission, I'll add this tip to my general "debugging cookbook" if that's OK with you. It was kind of implied in the "check your camera on another PC" advice, but the explicit advice to re-install the firewire card is good.

Cheers,

Chris

Gold Member

Post Number: 3035
No problem Gromit, you give advice around here:-)

Unregistered guest
Hi ,
I have bought a handycam sony DCR TRV 120E MODEL some many years ago and now I need a software or driver to transfer my video to PC?
Would you please help me what do I have to do?
By the way I search on esupport.sony.com but I don't found any things

B. Regards
Saeed

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
Saeed,

From the basic research I did this evening, it looks like this model has a firewire interface, in which case there is an excellent chance it will simply work if connected to a properly installed firewire card in your PC (i.e. no need for specific drivers). These cards are very cheap so why not give it a go?

Hope that helps.

Username: Sweetgirl25

I hope someone can please help me. I have a 10 yr old 8mm camcorder (Sony Video 8 CCD-FX640)and want to transfer the video to my PC. I just purchased and installed ADS Tech USB Video CD software. After I open the Video Studio 9SE program that comes with it I am able to get the audi signal, but not the video signal. I plugged the three cables (red, white, & yellow)into my TV to see if the cables and camcorder works and it works fine. I tried changing the video settings, but no success. Can anyone help me to get the video signal to transfer?

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
Kerry,

I haven't checked the spec of your camera, but I rather suspect it does not support USB. Are you sure there is a USB connector on it? The fact that you are connecting "red white and yellow" cables seems to confirm that it isn't USB. Those cable are used to transfer analogue video (yellow cable) and analogue audio (red and white).

Assuming that your camcorder does indeed only have an analogue output, you'll need to get a video capture card for your PC. Leadtek is a leading manufacturer of these devices. Your PC needs to be reasonably fast for this process to run without losing information.

Hope that helps.

Username: Sweetgirl25

Thanks for helping. I really appreciate it. You are correct that my camcorder is analog. However, the software that I purchased (ADS Tech USB Instant Video CD) is supposed to allow for the transfer of movies from from the older analog camcorders and even VCR's. In my software package, they provide an external anaolog/USB adapter. This adapter has thee inputs (yellow, red, & white) on one end and a USB output on the other end. I plugged in all three analog cables from my camcorder and then plugged the USB into my PC. The audio signal was recognized, but not the video signal. This is what I was hoping that someone could help me with.
Thanks, again.
Kerry

Sid_d_gr8
Unregistered guest
Hello Berny,
I have noticed that u r quite an xpert at this.
i have a sony handycam model TRV 330E. in a leaflet supplied with the cam.,i think there is a infrared port on the cam. i also have an infra red port on my laptop. can i connect them & transfer movies?????

plz help
i am quite curuious 2wards ur reply....
Siddhant Shah
India

Username: Basu

Hi Berney,

I have a SONY DCR TRV 22. I want to make the DVDs out of my colection of magnetic mini tapes. I am novice in that.
Could you tell me what configuration of PC is required to make the best DVD? And, how to transfer teh raw data from camcoder to PC, how to edit that and How to burn the DVD?

Is there any free software available for that ?
Thanks, Basu

Username: Basu

Hi Gromit,

I am repeating the same message, becuase i mean to say this message is intended to you also.
I have a SONY DCR TRV 22. I want to make the DVDs out of my colection of magnetic mini tapes. I am novice in that.
Could you tell me what configuration of PC is required to make the best DVD? And, how to transfer teh raw data from camcoder to PC, how to edit that and How to burn the DVD?

Is there any free software available for that ?

I repeated the same message, becuase i mean to say this message is intended to you also.
Thanks, Basu

kapt_KOBRA
Unregistered guest
this is crazy..i got a DCR-HC90E, xcellent top of the line 3Mpixel thing, but the prob happens when i try to playback the usb streaming. the crazy part is when i use 'microsoft wdm' driver as audio, the picture is great but no sound. when i use 'usb audio' driver, i get sound but no picture. what the fxxxx is goin on here? any solution guys?

Username: A123_a

Hi,
I have SONY CCDTRV27 handicam (uses Hi8) that i bought from Germany. I have got 2 issues:
1. Since its PAL format, when i connect to TV/VCR here in USA i dont see the color. what can i do to make it run gr8?
2. I want to connect it to PC to download the movies. how can i do that?

any help would be highly appreciated.

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
Sid_d_gr8 (Berny, excuse me),

I think you will probably find that the infrared port on your camcorder is to enable it to be conrolled using a remote. The infrared port on your PC is probably a low-speed interface for synchronising PDAs, etc (e.g. 115 kbit/s). So if you can find a way of transferring video using these two interfaces it might be a bit of a miracle.

My advice is to use firewire like 99% of everbody else.

Cheers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
Kerry,

Sorry, I already posted an answer but it got deleted somehow.

This is a first quick check, but apparently your product is bundled with Ulead VideoStudio. You should check that the capture setting shows the ADS product as the device for capturing video.

Please confirm this then we'll dig deeper as necessary.

Cheers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
Rajib Basu,

To start this project, you will probably need to buy one or two things (all specific products are just suggestions - each person has their own preferences):

1) A firewire card to connect your camcorder to your PC. Don't try to use USB unless there is absolutely no alternative. Firewire cards are very cheap (approx $20) and normally come bundled with a cable and video editing software. The editing software is also used for transferring the video to your PC.

2) A DVD burner. The more expensive models will normally come equipped with quite decent software for making DVDs. By "making DVDs" I mean the way you set up menus, file structures etc. This process is also know as "authoring".

3) Some software. For software, I am quite a fan of Ulead these days. It's easy to use and actually comes bundled with some DVD burners, such as Pioneer. You need Ulead VideoStudio for capture/editing and Ulead MovieFactory for producing DVDs. VideoStudio is also provided f.o.c. with many types of firewire card. Another solution for software is to use Windows Moviemaker (free with XP) instead of Videostudio and buy a copy of Moviefactory on-line. I bought MovieFactory and got a free copy of VideoStudio on the cover of a PC mag.

Just FYI, the basic steps of making home DVDs are:

1) connect the camera using firewire (you only need to buy a card if your PC is not already equipped with firewire ports) and capture the raw footage
2) edit the raw footage into useable video clips
3) drag and drop the clips into a DVD authoring package and burn the DVD

You can check out this guide for assistance on using Ulead VideoStudio to transfer video from your camcorder to your PC: http://www.jonesgroup.net/media/videostudiodvcaptureone.htm

A lot of the information in the above guide is superfluous though - if you just read the first and last pages you probably have enough to get you started.

I don't have a "how to" reference for MovieFactory but it is quite intuitive to use

Hope that gives you some hints.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us