How do I connect/transfer MiniDV camcorder to PC?

Username: Noya

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have a JVC GR-DVL305 and I do not know how to connect it to my PC. The JVC has several plugs on it: AV, DV IN/OUT, and S where the rubber cover is, and a JLIP/EDIT plug where the LCD monitor folds into the camera. I bought the camera mark down at Sear several years ago and I can't find anything when I google the camera. I have a Compaq Presario SR1250 NX. It has a 2.93Ghz P4, 512mb ram, 160gig HD, USB 2.0 and a 1394 port on the front panel. I just want to make a few DVDs, maybe mess around with editing(Adobe Pro 1.5 too much for my PC?), etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Username: Craig_bald

Freeport, Illinois US

Hey, it's most likely the DV IN/OUT especially if it has an "i" logo next to it. It probably didn't come with a 4 to 6 pin firewire ieee cable though, which you will have to go buy. Once you get that, you just plug the small end into the camera DV IN/OUT while the camera is off and the other bigger end into your 1394 port on the front of your compy. Then turn on the camera. Hope this helps.

Username: Noya

Post Number: 2
Thanks Craig. After I posted I actually starting browsing the boards some more and found it, though I wasn't sure which Firewire pins I needed. I planned on picking one up tonight, but I just looked at the BestBuy website and it's $33. That seems ridiculous and I'm assuming online will be less than half that price. Does anyone know the cheapest place online to find one? Nevermind, I just looked them up at newegg and they start at $6!...so I guess I'll be waiting a couple of days.

jamesd
Unregistered guest
i have just bought a Samsung VP-D352. I have connected it up to pc via usb 2.0 and can see video streaming (as if using it as webcam). However I cannot seem to import any video that I have recorded from miniDv.
Any thoughts would be helpful.

Michael Smith2
Unregistered guest
Do you use Windows? If you do, just use Windows Moviemaker, it's quite simple, but the quality of the finished product was not up to my standards. I use Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 with CCE SP and the results are fantastic.

Username: Guru

Hi, I have a Canon ZR85 MiniDV. I am told to capture video from the tape to the PC, I need a OHCI compatible video capture kit. Please advice. What is this video kit? What are the brands available and what cost?

Michael Smith2
Unregistered guest
Im not sure about that. Check pricegrabber or froogle. If your PC and DV camera have a FireWire port (also known as 1394 or iLink) use that. Google is your friend (except for the cookies).

jsobota
Unregistered guest
Hi. I have a notebook Acer Aspire 3000, three USB2.0, no firewire port in it. My cam is a JVC Gr-DVM90, it has DV in/out, AV out, RCA and S-Video ports in it. Is there any way to connect those two and use my cam as a webcam (for Skype, MSN, etc.)? Thanks.

Username: Thegeester

if your laptop has a PCMCIA EXPANSION SLOT then you can buy an IEEE-1394 Port, PC Card Bus/PCMCIA Adapter.this will have a port that you can connect your cam lead to.
check it out here there's a list of cables and diagrams etc.
http://www.casanovasadventures.com/catalog/cameras/p9050.htm

swapna
Unregistered guest
i have a sony handycam DCR HC21 NTSC .i have to transfer the video in it to my PC.i loist my installation software CDs.how can i download the software from the net?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us