Archive through June 19, 2005

Anonymous

Gromit
Thanks for the info regarding ths site - http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/t106716.html - some of the actions seem really scary to me and I will have to study each one very closely.
I have tried with no USB connections but still the same result.
If all else is lost I may just purchase an external Video Capture device - I can use the same connections I use to display the Video on my TV - may take longer.
However I am loathe to 'play' around with replacing SP1 drivers in SP2 seems very dangerous.
Will keep you informed

regards

Bronze Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 85
Anonymous, yes, I agree this is a bit scary and definitely not for beginners! But it would be a terrible shame to use an analogue connection to capture from your DV camcorder - a bit like buying a Porshe and running it on paraffin.

Here are some other general debugging steps you could try before starting to play around with Windows files:

1) If your camera has a socket for a memory card, fit one. One JVC owner I corresponded with said this fixed his problem (and was advice from JVC, by the way)
2)Re-instal your capture software.
3) Re-download and re-install your capture software
4) Try a different capture software, e.g. Moviemaker from Microsoft if you use XP, Ulead VideoStudio or Roxio Videowave.
5) Try connecting your camera to a friend's PC and vice versa (also swapping cables) to work where the problem lies. A successful transfer depends on camera, cable, firewire card, application software and OS all working, of course...

I do also have a web reference to Sony connectivity problems which I'll forward you if you like - although the models listed do not include yours.

By the way, do you in fact see "1394 Bus Controller" present and correct in your Device Manager? If not, I can pretty much guarantee that DV transfer won't work (and you need to re-install your firewire card).

Cheers.

Anonymous

Gromit, thanks for replying so quick.
I've checked the 1394 Card in device manager and every thing is OK.
Will try a friends Firewire Cable and then progress - as per your advice - one step at a time.
Yes I agree it would be a shame just to have to resort to analogue, I like even better the analagy running a Porshe on paraffin!!!!

regards

Username: Boykob

Post Number: 3
Hi, All

I am seeking help in figuring out why my PC all of a sudden stopped recognizing / picking up connection of my Canon Elura 50 via firewire port.

Usually, computers with XP can sense the firewire connection by having a message popping on the screen, however, this time, nothing.

My pc is the most update one with all the drivers and everything is enabled in bios. 1394 is enabled.

Things I tried to do:

Reinstalling XP
Reinstalling 1394 drivers
Buying a new 1394 cord
Buying and Installing a new PCI 1394 card

I am out of options. Also, sometimes, DV-IN flashes and sometimes there is no DV-IN appearing at all when I connect firewire to the PC and Camera.

Is there some kind of reset button on the camera or something?

This camera is probably is already out of warranty, so I know shipping it to the manufacturer would be expensive and that was the only option Canon offerred to me for now.

Anyone has anything to offer about this issue? Maybe someone who had similar problem, how did you solve it? Am I overlooking something, please help.........

Also, I noticed something above that I haven't tried yet.

I just noticed someone mentioning that such issues may happen because of XP2 drivers.

I haven't tried going back to XP1 drivers, I will try that tonight. I am not sure if that would fix it, but I am crossing my fingers.

Anyone has any other suggestions, please comment...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
Boris,

Goodness me, you have really gone to extreme lengths here already!

The problem you describe (XP camcorder wizard not starting) sounds almost identical to a problem encountered by one of my friends late last year. We actually solved that one by un-installing RealPlayer, which seemed to be conflicting with the XP wizard. However, if you have re-installed XP, you may have already zapped RealPlayer in the process.

As this is a very simple fix (if it works) I would suggest you think back about apps you have recently installed - especially multimedia ones like RealPlayer - and try uninstalling them as an experiment. If that doesn't work, I think you need to try your camera on a friend's PC/cable/firewire card and pin down the problem that way.

Let me know how you get on!

Cheers.

paco27zim
Unregistered guest
I have a slightly different prob. Running win XP pro- FAT32 FS. Using windows movie maker to capture. The dv to avi stops after it reaches 4gig (because of the fat32 system). Is there a way around this? I have 4 h/drives- perhaps formatting one with NTFS should do the trick?

Any feedback is appreciated.Thanks in Advance

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
Paco27zim, yes, that 4G limit will hit you every time. NTFS can probably save you - the only area of doubt is whether your FAT-based OS can handle the files over 4G on the NTFS partition. The following page from the Microsoft website suggests that it WILL work:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Def ault.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prba_dwp_eqmn. asp

In particular: "A computer running Windows 2000 or Windows XP can access files on an NTFS partition."

Why don't you give up one of your partitions to your (apparently) non-preferred file system as an experiment? The chances of success look high.

I'd appreciate your feedback on how this goes.

Cheers.

paco27zim
Unregistered guest
Thanks mate will keep you posted.

Frustrated
Unregistered guest
IM so frustrated been searching through this thread.
I have capture card firewire cable software but nothing lets me preview movie. computer keeps saying something about no overlay mode (brand new puter).ive looked in device manager 1394 is thereCapture card is there tells me all is working properly no conflicts am i supposed to see cam there (samsung vp-d21i)when i hit troubleshoot on card(winfast pvr) it is all about sound not pics hope someone can help thanks Cameron

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
Cameron,

1) What OS and capture software are you using?
2) Can you control play, FF, rewind on your camera from the computer?
3) Does your capture software exhibit your camera as an available device for transferring video?

I have heard of (or possibly even encountered) this "no overlay mode" error message but I can't remember the circumstances.

I'm sure we'll get it cracked with a bit of effort...

Cheers.

Ziiggy
Unregistered guest
Hello I Just bought a ieee1394 Firewire calbe for my video camera and computer but my computer doesnt heve the 4 pin connection.
is there some thing that I can buy so that it can connect or do I have to get a comuter with that connection?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
Hello Ziiggy.

If your computer is a laptop, you will need to buy a PCMCIA firewire card which will probably have a 4-pin firewire connector.

If your computer is a desktop, you will need to buy a PCI firewire card which will probably have a 6-pin connector.

Both types will probably be supplied with a cable to connect to your camcorder and software for doing the transfer. Cost should be under US$ 30 total.

Hope that helps.

Frustrated
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your quick reply Gromit.
Im using windows xp and i have tried a few diff software pgms. they dont work at all the only one i came close to was the one i get the no overlay msg and that is inter video win dvd creator 2.I cant find a ff play on this video i choose rec to hard disk and it only has a start rec and finish rec button. it displays the capture card as a device but not the camera. hope you can help. Cameron

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
Frustrated,

I'm really guessing here, but can you please confirm that you have DirectX 8.1 installed as per the "Required Downloads" information listed at the bottom of the following web page?

http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/Faq.jsp?product=WinDVD_Creator

Cheers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
Frustrated, further to my post just now, it struck me that if you are trying to capture using the Winfast PVR card, then the symptoms you describe are exactly to be expected. Winfast PVR is a TV/analogue video capture card which has nothing to do with DV transfer to your PC. The software bundled with the Winfast card (or any other package you run) would indeed have 'start record" and "stop record" buttons (which would capture analogue video or TV coming into the card), but so long as your package is trying to capture from the Winfast card, there will not be any reference to any DV camcorder.

I'm assuming you have correctly cabled your camcorder to your PC using the firewire cable. If so, then when running your capture programme, you should try to select a capture device other than Winfast, namely your camera. THEN you should see all the controls etc. If your camcorder is not available as an option then there is a problem with the firewire link or the firewire installation in your PC. You might wish to try temporarily removing the Winfast card while you are debugging a problem like that.

Does that make sense?

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers.

Frustrated
Unregistered guest
Gromit I have directx9
there are two winfast cardsone for analogue and one for digital. It is the winfast card that has the socket for firewire connection i dont have another one on this computer. It tells me in device manager that the card is installed and working properly but if i choose to troubleshoot anyway the only options given is for sound nothing to do with video. is the dv cam supposed to show up in device manager or only the card. where should i see the cam. Thanks for your patience. Cameron

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
Cameron, thanks for the update.

On my PC (Win98SE), Device Manager:

1) All the time, I can see "1394 Bus Controller" and below that "PCI OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller"

2) When I switch on the DV camcorder (connected by firewire), regardless of whether the capture software is running or not, then underneath "Imaging Device" I see "Microsoft DV Camera and VCR" in addition to a number of "Unknown Device"s which are always there.

In the capture programme:

When the camcorder is connected and turned on, I see "CANON-M" displayed as a device to capture from.

Does that help?

Cheers

Frustrated
Unregistered guest
Gromit we might be onto something here.
I have the ohci ieee 1394 host controller but not bus controller. the only thing i have under imaging devices is the 4 in 1 printer scanner,even when cam is turned on.In device manager i have universal serial bus controllers if i open that there is numerous host and controllers but nothing that specifically says its 1394.will try to download the 1394 bus controller and ill let u know how it goes thanks for all your time on this.
Cameron.

Frustrated
Unregistered guest
Gromit i seem to have all the files. by below that do you mean when you click the + or is it a seperate entry.
I have in device manager "IEEE 1394 BUS HOST CONTROLLERS" and if i click the + it has a drop down
that says "TEXAS INSTRUMENTS OHCI COMPLIANT IEEE 1394 HOST CONTROLLER" Is the bus host controller and bus controller 2 different things or the same? Not sure if im missing something but plugged cam in and rebooted puter and didnt find new hardware have tried installing it manually too.
Cameron

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
Cameron, yes, by "below" I mean that when you click the "+" you see an extra line with the item that I am describing as "below". The fact that you can see both "IEEE 1394 BUS HOST CONTROLLERS" and "TEXAS INSTRUMENTS OHCI COMPLIANT IEEE 1394 HOST CONTROLLER" seems to suggest that the firewire card is present and correct (as you originally stated!). That being so, if you:

a) can't see the DV camera in device manager when you connect it, and

b) can't see it as an input option in your capture programme,

then something has gone wrong somewhere.

At this point, I would feel inclined to fall back to my standard debugging paths:

1) try your camera on a friend's PC and vice versa
2) if you are running XP SP2, look at this interesting and scary "use at your own risk" discussion page (not for beginners...)

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/t106716.html

Please keep me informed about your progress and don't hesitate to ask for further help or clarification.

Cheers.

Krueger
Unregistered guest
Hi, I just bought a JVC DX27E miniDV camera, and there is no USB plug on this model for transfering pictures to my laptop for editing. I have a plug-in TV-card on my laptop with a S/Video and an A/V IN plug. Do you guys know if I can transfer movies to my laptop for editing without loosing or compromising the picture quality? Hope you can help me - have a nice weekend!

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
Krueger, use firewire and you can transfer movies to your laptop with effectively zero loss. Firewire PCMCIA cards are readily available and very cheap.

Cheers.

Username: Uwalty

Post Number: 1
How do i transfer my video files from Canon MV 690 to my PC.
Do i need to have any additional hardwares and softwares?
If Yes what are they??
Anybody to help??

Anonymous

I'd like to know what is the size of the file created on a standard 1 hr mini-DV? Can I then tranfer it to my XP computer and burn it to a CD (don't have a DVD burner)? What format will it be? And the will it be playable in a standard DVD player?

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
Walter,

Assuming your PC is not already equipped with firewire ports, you will need to buy a firewire card. That should come equipped with transfer software and a cable to connect your camcorder.

Post again if you need further details or read through the posts here.

Cheers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
Anonymous,

1) At least 11G (yes, I do mean G)
2) Yes.
3) Something much less high-definition than DV, such as MPEG-1. VCDs use MPEG-1 and can squeeze 1 hour onto a CD just about
4) Most standard DVD players can also play VCDs. Note you will need to make a 'standard" VCD for this to work; using some off-the-shelf authoring programe such as Nero Vision Express is the easiest way to do this.

By the way, DVD burners are cheap as chips these days. You'd be much better off upgrading your system!

Cheers.

x-JVCcustomer
Unregistered guest
hi, im just about to return my JVC d270 mini-dv,but i'd like to here what you have to say first. acording to the manual the camera can capture video via USB and firewire. when conected by USB the computer detects the conection only if the camera is set to the SD card. If set to the DV tape it will not conect so I have bought a 4 pin to 4 pin firewire cable and conected only to find that Windows Movie maker dose not detect the device, and on to nero, than on to 2 other dv captureing titles. it seems to me that the camera is malfunctioning in that it cannot export when set to the dv but can when on memory card. Any suggestions.

P4 3.2EE
1Gig dualchannal ddr
x800 pro
and a junky JVC mini-dv

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
x-JVCcustomer,

I presume that you are using a laptop if you bought a 4 pin to 4 pin cable. Is your firewire port built-in or via a PCMCIA card?

When attempting to connect via firewire, I'll recommend disconnecting the USB cable, in fact, all USB devices just to be on the safe side.

Other things I can suggest are:

1) if you have RealPlayer installed, try temporarily removing it. It might interfere with the XP wizard.

2) try your camera on a friend's PC and vice versa. If you discover that your computer is the 'weak link" then delve down into a bit more detail to isolate cable/firewire card/OS etc. If you seem to be looking at a problem specific to your XP installation, post again and I'll give you other suggestions.

3) Check in Device Manager to see if the camera appears under "Imaging Devices" when you connect it. (I bet it won't). Also, check that your 1394 interface is all present and correct.

Your camera may well be malfunctioning, but some PC-related problem is also a real possibility.

let me know how it goes.

Cheers

shiv
Unregistered guest
Hi Anybody
I have a SONY DCRHC40 Camecorder recently bought and I need to know what is that extra things I need in my computer which is P4 with XP (SP2) installed.

I have also put a IEEE1394 card and connected camecorder with a DV cable

Windows Movimaker still show device not connected properly or not recognized

Let me what needs to be done to rectify this

rookie_movie
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have a Sony DCRHC21E camcorder that can transfer via USB streaming or Firewire. This model supports DV tape and not MemoryStick. Bundled software are Picture Package 1.5 and Pixela ImageMixer VCD2. I'm using USB streaming and want to avoid forking out money to get Firewire. My PicturePackage allows only up to 6 mins of video transfer into my PC with quite bad quality. I'm considering ULead VideoStudio to create at least 1 hour movie files with lossless quality. My questions are

1) Does ULead VideoStudio support USB streaming?

2) If I eventually get to only create 10 minute video clips, what software is best to merge all these clips into 1 one hour movie file without noticeable transitions at the end of one clip and beginning of another?

Comment - when the Sony salespeople sold me the camcorder, they said USB streaming allows me to create 1 hour movie files without the need for any extra hardware...damn!

Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
Rookie_movie,

A Firewire card plus cable and software only costs about the same as 3 60 minute DV tapes, and will likely solve all your problems. I would definitely advise immediate use of the relevant utensil.

Cheers.

rookie_movie
Unregistered guest
Gromit,

Thanks for your answer. I tried USB streaming with ULead VS 8. Successful although there's a noticeable degraded quality and sometimes it's a bit jerky. So I'm going to try with Firewire next.

Questions for anyone who've experienced Firewire - is it truly lossless transfer i.e. I can get the same quality as transfer to VHS?

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
Rookie_movie,

Glad I could help.

When you record from DV to VHS, the 720 lines of DV will be degraded down to about 240 lines - a big drop in quality. When you transfer DV into your computer, it is basically lossless, so all 720 lines will be preserved. If you subsequently make a DVD in MPEG-2, the resolution (quality) will depend on your TV system (PAL or NTSC) and the quality setting you choose. But it will be MUCH better than VHS - even S-VHS - in any case.

Cheers.

rookie_movie
Unregistered guest
Rookie_movie

Oh but the problem I get is that DV to PC has less quality than VHS.

1) Will Firewire solve this problem?

2) Assuming I'm still using USB streaming, what options do I have to improve resolution (quality) and reduce/eliminate jerkiness? Will a faster computer or more RAM be helpful?

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
Rookie_movie,

Unless you actually need to stream video to another location away from your PC (i.e. over an internet connection), do not persevere with the USB connection. The game is not worth the candle. Firewire ensures a perfect copy from your camcorder to your PC - UNLESS you are dropping frames during the transfer, of course. Your capture programme should warn you if this is happening. If you are dropping frames, it normally means your PC or your hard disk is too slow.

If your computer is not fast enough, you may also see jerkiness on DV playback, even if the transfer was perfect. Don't be fooled by this. Furthermore, you may see other artifacts that will not be visible when the file is converted to to a DVD.

If you get excellent quality:

a) when connecting your DV camera to your TV,
b) when playing back a home DVD made on your PC from your camcorder video footage and captured over firewire,

then everything is probably working as it should be.

Bottom line: buying a firewire card is highly recommended.

Hope that answers your questions - post again if not. There are plenty of other posts about firewire cards.

Cheers.

Leo2005
Unregistered guest
Hi Gromit,
I have a canon ZR200 mini DV and a Dell 700m notebook, both have 4Pin firewire interfaces. Am I right that I only need get a 4Pin to 4Pin firewire (IEEE-1394) cable so that I can transfer mini DV tape to my computer? Thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
Leo2005,

If you are running Windows XP, yes, that is correct, as you can use the free Windows Moviemaker application. Cheapest price I have seen the cable is US$ 10 but the location (Sydney, Australia) might not be conveient for you.

If you do not have XP, you'll need software as well, e.g. Roxio VideoWave (my favourite):
http://www.roxio.com/en/products/videowave/index.jhtml

or Ulead VideoStudio:
http://www.ulead.com/vs/runme.htm

Of course, if you want to make DVDs, then a burner and authoring software is required.

Cheers.

Leo2005
Unregistered guest
Thanks! Gromit, you are so nice.

Will this one work? It costs 5 bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51054%26item%3D6767226809 %26

Best,
Leo

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
Leo,

The spec looks OK but you won't know about the quality until you get it in your hands. However, henceforth I'll stop boasting about getting one for $10!

Cheers.

Leo2005
Unregistered guest
Gromit,
Thank you very much!
I will buy one:-)
Leo

Unregistered guest
hi i transfered everything succefully from my camera to my computer....so i should be happy but, i am not. the probleme is that for 15-30 minute i think or less i got 17 gb how can i make it a lil smaller? i cant put it on any cd lol and not even on dvds. if anyone know how to do it please msg me to: revolution_days@hotmail.com
thanks for help !

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
Cyclone,

What method are you using to transfer video into your computer? DV transfer via firewire normally only requires around 3G for a 15 minute video.

Whatever method you are using, you can use a video-editing programme or DVD authoring programme to process or "render" the file (or clips from it) to make something that can fit onto smaller media. 30 minutes of home video easily fits onto a DVD using MPEG-2 compression, or even a CD if you use VCD compression (MPEG-1).

Example programmes are:

Video editing: Roxio Videowave, Ulead VideoStudio, Windows MovieMaker

DVD authoring: Ulead Moviefactory

Cheers.

Anonymous

I have a Sony HandyCam DCR-HC32. Everything seems to work fine. I've burned VCDs and transferred images from both the tape and the Memory Stick. But, when I try to use the Picture Package Auto Video and the Picture Package Producer, I get an error message [29] - cannot write to specified device. I checked the Picture Package site for new updates and I verified that my ASUS 5224R is compatible with the software. But, I still get an error message when I try to create a new (pieced-together) video from existing clips. I contacted tech support at SONY and was told to simply reinstall the software.....yet the problem persists. I'm using Windows 2000. Any suggestion on what I should do next? Thanks for your help!

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
Anonymous,

Assuming that your camcorder - and your PC - has firewire (some Sony camcorders don't), I'll recommend downloading a copy of Roxio Videowave or Ulead VideoStudio, transferring the video using one of those programmes, and making the clips using the editing features.

After you have done that successfully, burning a DVD is the next step. But let's try to debug one piece at a time.

Let me know as and when you need further help.

Cheers.

sonicboom510
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a JVC GR-DVL720u Digital Video Camera and would like to know how tranfer the video I taken with it to my computer, it came with a dv to usb cable, but it can only transfer images taken with my sd card. When I check with my video editing software it says no camara found, is there anyway to transfer the video to my computer, help is needed thx

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
sonicboom510,

I think you might be mistaken regarding the "dv to usb" cable. Cables that are used to connect camcorders to PCs are USB to USB - usually for stills transfer and webcam applications, and DV to DV, for transferring video.

It sounds like you only have a USB cable, in which case you need to get a firewire (DV) cable, and probably a firewire PCI card for your PC. The cards are normally bundled with DV cable and video transfer/editing software.

Hope that helps

rookie_movie
Unregistered guest
sonicboom510,

Does your camcorder come with USB Streaming? In my Sony, it's specified that I can "transfer video using USB". I have to enable USB streaming in my camcorder menu first. Else I'll get device not connnected error. Do consult your manual to see if indeed you can transfer vidoe using USB and then check how you can switch on that option from your camcorder menu.

Anyhow, it seems that EVERYONE I talk to recommends Firewire. In the process of checking it out...Maybe you want to do the same..

Unregistered guest
Hello,

I have Sony HC42, Now I need to transfer the images/Vidoes on the Mini DV to the Harddsik ?.
Please help me!!!

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
Pearl,

Images: probably via USB - in which case you will need drivers supplied on CD-ROM with the camcorder, or simply remove the camcorder media card, in which case just use a multi-card reader

Video: use firewire. Normally no specific drivers required once you have installed the firewire card.

Post again if you can't find what you need.

Cheers

Anonymous

Gromit,

You seem to like Videowave, so hoping you might be able to answer this. Currently, when I save from DV to PC (w/ Firewire) the "pre-edited" file is AVI (and post-edit would be MPEG). However, I now just added a wireless router and media player so I can watch saved DV footage on the TV - however, it does not let me see the unedited AVI files (but does if I render - which as you know is time consuming). The media player says it supports AVI, but "MPEG4 layer only, not uncompressed AVI" - I am assuming DV to PC is uncompressed and why I can't see unrendered footage, but do you know of any ways/programs that I can use to transfer from DV to PC and save in MPEG directly from the DV (or can Videowave do this and I just don't know how)?

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
Anonymous,

In my copy of Videowave III, I could not see any way of simultaneously transferring and rendering.

In Ulead VideoStudio, there is a setting "MPEG" for capture, but when I tried it, it failed with a slightly ungrammatical message that seemed to be telling me that the bit-rate was too slow.

Ulead Moviefactory has a "direct to disk" feature, which looks like it has to include rendering, but I haven't tried, as my PC is DEFINITELY too slow to capture and render at the same time.

Hope that helps.

Jezabelda
Unregistered guest
Hi I have A JCV GR-DX77 and am experiencing some quality trouble. When I transfer my recorded footage to my PC via. USB, the quality is very poor even after trying numerous programs. When I have tried recording my videos on VHS the results have been excellent. My DV cam User manual says my Camera can also transfer using a DV Cable (firewire). I am unfamiliar with this and was wondering if someone would give me the difference of a firewire to a USB. Will a fire wir improve this quality of footage?

Wu's Lab
Unregistered guest
Hi guys, I have a JVC DV-520u minidv camcorder. My task in the lab is to transfer all the minidv videos to a computer and then to a DVD. When we hook up the camcorder to the firewire port Windows XP recognizes it and then we start up windows movie maker to capture the video.

The problem is that when we try to capture entire tape and hit ok nothing happens. The checkmark stays on the rewinding tape portion. Any help on what is wrong and what we need to do? thanks a lot

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
Jezabelda,

Firewire was designed with DV transfer in mind - at that time there weren't any other interfaces available with sufficient performance. It transfers the video into your computer with NO loss of quality. These days, USB is fast enough to support DV transfer, but firewire is already well-established as the main standard to use. Normally, USB is used for transferring stills, webcam streaming, and transferring sub-DV quality video clips. Most cameras will only transfer full quality DV over firewire. Some purists will also claim that firewire is more elegantly designed for efficient high-speed transfer, but that is a quite esoteric engineering discussion.

The short answer is: if your camcorder supports DV, consider yourself lucky and definitely use it rather than USB. If your computer doesn't already have a firewire port, buy a PCI (or PCMCIA) card, preferably one packaged with cable and software. They are very cheap ($20 approx). By the way, make sure your PC meets the system specs specified by the firewire card or you may drop frames while transferring the video

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
Wu's lab,

You should check/consider the following:

1) can Moviemaker manually control the camera in playback mode?
2) can Moviemaker capture part of the tape, i.e. is is just the "entire tape" option that is mucking things up?
3) have you tried re-installing Moviemaker and/or tried other capture programmes such as Roxio VideoWave or Ulead VideoStudio?

If your camera is recognised correctly by XP you are already 90% of the way there, so this shouldn't be too difficult I hope.

Cheers.

paco27zim
Unregistered guest
RE:[I have a slightly different prob. Running win XP pro- FAT32 FS. Using windows movie maker to capture. The dv to avi stops after it reaches 4gig (because of the fat32 system). Is there a way around this? I have 4 h/drives- perhaps formatting one with NTFS should do the trick?
Any feedback is appreciated.Thanks in Advance]

My apologies- been rather busy of late. Anyway- i converted my fat32 to ntfs via cli and that didn't help so I formatted a spare drive that I had to ntfs and voila- it captured the vid no probs.

Thanks Gromit for your help! Ciao

Unregistered guest
Do I need to install a CD Righter/Writer into my CPU to be able to burn a CD?

I was able to download a freeware for CD burning but I don't have a "burner" in my CPU. I know a lot of people who have a "burner" in their CPU and they're all doing fine.

I'm just wondering if I can do the same although I don't have the machine. I haven't opened the freeware, though..

Please help me. Thanks very much!!

Anonymous

Gromit,
with ref to my posting 28/04 @09:30.
I have tried the Camcorder as you sugested - on a friends system and then their Camorder on mine.
Mine didnt download on Firewire but theirs did on my setup.
So had the Camcorder checked by Sony Agent, only to be told that it requires a New 'mainboard' with a damage tag of £210+! (A new CAmcoder would only cost me £300).
Tried viewing onto my TV Set, this worked OK.
So it would appear I will have to resort to Analogue Download (£80 to set Up)- until I upgrade my Camcorder.
As they say 'Lifes a B**** & then you die'!!!!
Thanks for all your advice

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
Anonymous,

Thanks for the update. I'll file that "Sony DV ports can die" result away for future reference. Sorry we couldn't find you a softer fix and good luck with the analogue capture. I'm sure you will soon be getting another digital camcorder, as analogue capture is a pain to say the least.

By the way, I bought a new camcorder because of one hot pixel in my original model. At night, the hot pixel wandered around the playback screen due to the anti-shake mechanism....

Best regards,

Gromit.

raffi
Unregistered guest
Gromit ! u seem the man here so here it goes, I have a JVC GR-D295u camcorder, it clearly states you can transfer images and videos from tapes via USB, the memory card images transfer fine but when I switch to video nothing happens, its like there is no tape at all , any ideas?

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
raffi,

hey! I do my best...

I'm somewhat guessing here, but are you sure that the "transfer video through USB" option applies to video stored on tape? Is it perhaps intended for low resolution video clips stored on the memory card?

In almost all cases, you are better off transferring video through firewire. Have you considered this option?

Hope that helps.

asheq2005
Unregistered guest
Hi Gromit, Could you pls help me?

I have recorded some video through my Sony Handycam (model-TRV228). I can see those images in TV without any problem. I don't know how I should transfer video from my cam to pc as I don't see any USB port in my cam. All I can see is an S-Video port and an A/V out port.

Could you pls advise how I would be able to transfer video from my cam to pc so that I can burn cd's? What would be the best (and economic) way to transfer vedio from cam to pc without USB? What would be the steps?

A BIG THANKS in advance. It would be a great help for me since I'm not getting right guidance from any of my friends or colleagues. Brgds.

Wu's Lab
Unregistered guest
Hey Gromit, thanks for the help, we at Wu's Lab tried Ulead Video Studio 8.0 and were able to transfer all of out videos to the PC.

My next task is that these files are around 15gb for 1hrs of video and I am to put them on a dvd to be viewed on any player.

I am really lost as to how to even begin this task. What should I do?

Thanks,

Wu's Lab

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
Wu's lab,

Any DVD authoring software (I use Ulead Moviefactory but there are many) will cut that 15G down to something that will fit onto a single layer DVD. The .avi file will be turned into MPEG-2, contained within something called a vob file, which is part of the video DVD file structure. This conversion reduces the file size by at least 75%.

Hope that helps.

Wu's Lab
Unregistered guest
Gromit thanks for the reply, but by just testing out several things in ULEAD moviefactory I got it to convert the file and then burn it directly.

The Lab head, however, complained about poor picture quality. I told him that it had to do with our camcorder as it is a fairly basic DV camera. Is there any way to up the picture quality on our DVDs?

thanks.

Wu's Lab

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
Wu's lab,

Yes, conversion then burning is exactly what Moviefactory does (along with all other DVD authoring programmes).

If you are troubled about picture quality, the acid test is to compare, on a TV, playing back the DV direct from your camcorder, then trying the DVD, again using the TV for display.

If the camcorder playback is good and the DVD is poor, then you have a problem with your transfer/editing/conversion.

If the original is poor, then you have a problem with your camcorder or your general shooting technique. Most modern digital camcorders have pretty good quality, so I doubt that having a "basic model" is your problem. The basic ones might perform worse in low light, etc, but apart from that, even a basic model should give excellent picture quality.

This forum (and my expertise) does not cover general video-shooting techniques but I am sure you will find plenty of sites to help. But if there is an unacceptable degradation between the camcorder playback and the finished DVD, two key things to watch for are:

1) are you sure you weren't dropping frames during the original transfer to your PC? (if you were, you will see "jerkiness" in playback on the DVD)
2) are you sure that your authoring programme was set to highest quality? (if not, general quality will deteriorate. Check this via the "tools" icon).

Finally, you should remember that DVDs are indeed compressed much more than DV (otherwise, the file size wouldn't reduce!) so there will always be some visual degradation between DV and DVD. As I mentioned earlier, I checked one or two programmes before selecting Moviefactory for its rendering quality. Sorry if I sound like a advert for Ulead, by the way.

Hope that helps.

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony Handycam DCR-HC21E and am using it with Picture Package 1.5
I am trying to upload my video to the computer and burn it on a CD-R. It seems to be working with one glitch- the files being copied onto the CD-R are in 4 folders : CDI, SEGMENT, VCD and MPEGAV. the files are in DAT and VCD format but no AVI files appear. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,Ilan

Username: Thaiphoang

HI
I have a Canon camcorder and already captured and burned into DVD the video with firewire cable, but I don't have any audio. How do I connect so that I have audio on the DVD disk too.
Thanks for your help

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
Ilan,

I think everything is working perfectly. If you make a VCD (intended to be played on a set-top box), all the required files are indeed placed into folders exactly as you describe. Furthermore, there is no .avi file as the video has been converted into MPEG-1. Have a browse through the folders and you'll see what I mean.
If you want an .avi file with DV quality you normally have to upload via firewire.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
Tony,

Something is going wrong here as audio comes in the firewire along with the video.

First thing to check is that your capture programme isn't showing something else other than "DV" for audio capture. Normally, audio in setting should default to "DV" if that is what you are using to capture video.

By the way, you didn't specify explicitly whether you get audio on the .avi file on your computer (prior to burning the DVD). Could you clairy that point?

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
Can someone please help.

Just bought a Samsung VP-D101 digital camcorder and also purchased a digital video editing kit with software (mgi videowave 5) and ieee 1394 Firewire card. The software does not recognise my camcorder (when I go into capture, only audio is recognised and not video).

Do I need to buy a video card to transfer my recordings to my pc or not?

Please help.

Thanks in advance,
Lee.

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
qwersderty,

1) What OS are you using?
2) Please open up Device Manager and connect, then turn on the camcorder. Do you see it appearing under "Imaging Devices"?

If you have a firewire card it's unlikely you will need to buy an analogue video capture card.

Cheers.

'qwersderty'
Unregistered guest
I'm using Windows XP

In device manager, I don't have an imaging devices tab.

When connected to the camcorder nothing changes.

The card appears in both IEEE 1394 bus host controllers and network adapteres tabs.

Any help?

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
qwersderty,

OK, the type of problem you are experiencing is not all that uncommon.

This is my complete "connection problems" debugging cookbook, mostly my own work but thanks to Chico and Berny who also contributed. You have already covered some of these, I think.

1) Disconnect USB and just use the firewire cable to connect your camera to your PC. Most cameras use only firewire for video and USB for stills. Having the USB connection present might possibly cause a problem
2) If by any chance you have TWO types of firewire interface in your PC (one built-in, one PCI/PCMCIA card), physically remove the external card, and try connecting to the in-built port. If still no good, check in Device Manager that the internal device is OK. If you were using a PCI/PCMCIA card because of problems with an in-built card, make sure the in-built device is really disabled.
3) If you are using a laptop with built-in firewire, try to get your hands on a PCMCIA firewire card and use that instead as an experiment. This fixed the problem for one user with a Sony laptop. Make sure you disable the in-built device when doing this.
4) Play around a bit to make sure there is no "sequence" issue affecting you. By this I mean experimenting with connecting and turning the camera on before, or during the capture programme running
5) Look in Device Manager to check if both your 1394 controller and camcorder are present and correct. The 1394 controller should show up the whole time. The camcorder should show up when you connect it and turn it on, then disappear when you turn it off.
6) If you have any doubts about your firewire card, debug as follows: Turn off your camcorder and unplug it from the computer. Remove/uninstall the firewire on your device manager. Restart the computer, wait until windows re-installs the firewire. Re-start again, then wait until the pc is booted up completely. With your camcorder still switched off, plug it in using firewire, then power it on.
7) If your camera has a socket for a memory card, fit one. One JVC owner I corresponded with said this fixed his problem (and was advice from JVC, by the way)
8) Disconnect all other peripherals (especially USB) in case they are confusing your PC. Just a hunch.
9) Re-instal your capture software.
10) Re-download and re-install your capture software
11) Try a different capture software, e.g. Moviemaker from Microsoft if you use XP, Ulead VideoStudio or Roxio Videowave (my favourite)
12) Think whether have you recently installed any new applications, or upgraded any applications? RealPlayer is one application I have found to conflict with Windows XP wizards
13) Think about whether you have installed any hardware that might be causing a conflict. Not a very common problem these days but still a possibility. Check via Device Manager.
14) Try connecting your camera to a friend's PC and vice versa to work out, through a process of elimination, where the problem lies. Remember that capture will only work if the camera, cable, firewire card and PC are all OK.
15) If you are completely stuck, then this interesting - and potentially dangerous - discussion about XP SP2 might be of interest to you. DO NOT try this unless you are confident that you can back up important data and/or Ghost your OS before starting. Exercise extreme care if you follow this route - and PLEASE do let me know if it works.

Hope that somewhere in this list I hit the nail on the head. Please let me know what eventually fixes it so I can keep enhancing this knowledge base for the benefit of other users.

Cheers.

Username: Basu

Hi Gromit,

I saw your cookbook for connection, i am sure it will be great for me. But, please help me to go ahead with the rest of teh reamaining process, editing and burning DVDs.

Please make a similar cookbook for editing and burning DVD.. with your suggested software... and the required configuration of the PC to get teh best possible result as far as quality is concerned. I mean how much CPU speed, which OS, how much free Disk space, and anything else , u wannna advise.

You will be our God!
Basu

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
Rajib,

Thanks for the kind words. I gave some "how to" hints on the other page where you posted a similar question. You can also find a lot of useful reference material and links here: http://www.videohelp.com/

Good luck and post again if you have any specific enquiries.

Cheers

Post Number: 6
Hi Gromit,

I got those hints, can i ask one question?

Are u using a laptop for capture the Video or using a desktop?
If you are using a laptop, then could u please tell me the configuration of yours , like RAM, HDD size, HDD speed. internal DVD write or external, how much CPU speed something like that?

I mean if you can share that info?

Rgds,
Basu

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
Rajib,

No problem.

My system is desktop, approx 4.5 years old.

processor: 667 Mhz
OS: Win98SE (actually, I changed this week to W2K but haven't proofed it for video capture properly yet - might need to Ghost back!)
memory: 128 M
HDD: C drive 40G, D drive 160G (I hated running out of HDD space when making DVDs)
DVD drive: 1 year old, LG 4081 supermulti-standard.

DV capture is very reliable for me but I think I have very little headroom. DVD rendering is very slow however.

So you can see, most modern systems should have enough horsepower....

Cheers.

Post Number: 7
Gromit,
Great. So, u have 200 Gb hard disk, Great Man. But i guess 80GB will be fair enough. What is teh RPM ... is it 7400?

DVD drive is add on or seperate, i guees seperate? Is it DVD -/+ R. DVD -/+RW ? does it do multi layer writing or single layer?

Could you tell em one 90 minute LP casette will be equivalent to how much size after conversion to MPEG 2 , i mean will it fit in one DVD.

And, one question like layman, can i pick some portion from different casette and make one DVD?

Can i edit the sound while making DVD?
At the last, your suggestion for laptop configuration , to get best quality of DVD making experience... Please, i ma counting on it..I think finally i got someone, whom i can reply on completely....

Too much qs, i guess? Sorry man,
Rgds,

Basu

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
Rajib Basu,

80G is ample. 7200 rpm or above is fine.

My DVD burner is internal, IDE connected. It covers all variants of DVD, including DVD-RAM (kind of handy) but is only single-layer.

I normally reckon on about 60 minutes per one single-layer DVD but my home movies have never extended that far so I can't say for sure. In any case, DVD authoring programmes have quality settings so you can adjust.

You can certainly take extracts from a tape after uploading to your computer, and use those extracts to make a DVD.

You can edit sound.

Laptop config: I am not qualified to comment but you get the general picture from the above comments I think.

Cheers.

Post Number: 8
Gromit,

Great. Just 2 last question s ( i hope )

as u mentioned, 7200 rpm is fine but what about 4200 or 5400 RPM? will it have a very bad affect in capturing?

What is the differerence between SP and LP mode.. one records 60 minute and another 90 minute, which mode is better from your point of view? Till now, i was using LP mode ( 90 min) so it will store 1.5 times than SP mode...i want to hear the comment from horse's mouth?

Rgds,
Basu

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
Basu,

I have seen reports that disk speeds in the region of 5400 rpm can cause frame dropping but have no experience in that regard personally.

I always use SP mode as I don't see any point in spending big $$ to get the best possible DV camcorder and then compromising on quality to get better tape capacity. Tape is very inexpensive in the context of the system equipment and the value of the memories you are recording.

Cheers.

Anonymous

I have a Sony DCR-TRV11 Video Camera. Just bought a brand new PC with a couple Firewire slots. I'm running XP home edition with P4 3.06MHz and 200G drive. What hardware (cable) do can I use to link the PC and camera together so I can burn the video tape to DVD? Also is there such thing as a Mini DV tape player? If not there should be......It would save the wear and tear on my camera.

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
Anonymous,

Put simply, you need a firewire cable to connect your camcorder to your PC. The only question is whether you need a 4-pin or 6-pin connector for the PC end. Normally, the firewire cable that connects desktop PCs to DV cams has 6 pins at the PC end (larger connector) and 4 pins at the DV cam end (smaller connector). On laptops, the PC connector may also be the smaller type, presumably to save space. In the former case, you need a 6 pin to 4 pin cable, and in the latter, a 4 pin to 4 pin cable (obviously). Both are readily available and shouldn't cost more than $10.

Regarding Mini DV players, I don't believe they are made, and I assume the reason is that the tape capacity isn't suitable for general off-air recording.

Hope that helps.

Ocasional user
Unregistered guest
I notice this forum has moved on a bit but in relation to those users who have good picture quality when playing back direct to the TV (or PC) from their camcorder but not when they author a DVD I think there is one thing that is being forgotten. When the camcorder is recording the picture it is compressing the picture to MPEG2 and when it is being sent to the PC it is 'uncompressed' to AVI. When you recompress (to MPEG2) it then this is where the problems start. The dual compression is what is causing the poor picture quality. I have a Sony MINI DV camcorder DCR-TRV60E and there is no way to remove the picture as MPEG2 from the camera either using Firewire or USB. I have used both and neither makes any difference. I have used Nero and TMPGEnc (I suspect they use the same compression engine anyway) any again they both give me poor results. I have tried this on a number of machines (all with firewire, more than 1G processors and loads of high speed hard drive space). What I want to know is there a way of pulling either the MPEG2 files from the Camcorder or getting a drive for a PC that accept MiniDV tapes. Why can you not obtain MPEG2 from these ports easily. I have looked for new firmware that could do this and none exist either from Sony or non official.

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 243
Occasional user,

Actually, most cameras (some Sonys are a notable exception) do not record video in MPEG. They in fact use a compression algorithm called DV-25 which uses much more disk space than MPEG2. See the following link from Adobe that gives a review of DV-25 and MPEG2:
http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/pdfs/dvtour.pdf

Normally, the video isn't converted to MPEG2 until after you have transferred the video, done your editing in native .avi format and are ready to make a DVD.

I don't know much about Sony MPEG cameras, but I am a bit surprised that you can't transfer the data "losslessly" as a file (understanding that MPEG is inherently lower quality than DV25 to start with). That must be very frustrating. You might want to try a "traditional" DV camcorder with your system just for comparison.

I am not aware of any PC drive that accepts MiniDV tapes. I guess the reason for this is that most users, who are in the "DV-25" domain, simply use their camcorders and wouldn't want to spend extra $$ for a machine that was doing basically nothing more than playback.

Cheers.

SomeOneNotAlone
Unregistered guest
I have a Panasonic GS-400. I am using a firewire card to transfer video and it works fine. I can also capture images recorded on the SD card.
But i am not able to transfer images recorded on the Tape. Please tell me how to do it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
SomeOneNotAlone,

On my old JVC DV camcorder, there was no memory card and all still images were recorded on tape (with apalling quality, I have to add). Each image existed on tape for a few seconds and could be viewed through regular tape playback. These images were transferred over firewire along with the moving video. So if you wanted to save one of these apalling images, you then did a "image extraction" using your preferred video editing software.

On my new Canon camcorder, it looks like the same process applies although I have only used it once, and that by accident!

So the bottom line is that it looks like you can't transfer stills on tape as jpgs, as they only exist as part of the DV info which goes onto your computer as an avi file.

Hope that helps, although my real advice to you is to buy a digicam for still shots..

Cheers.

Username: Oidar

Brighton, Sussex England

my issue is what to do once the files are actually ON the PC

anyone got any tips for streaming the video so i can send a hyperlink via email rather than a huge download?

PLEASE HELP ME!
Unregistered guest
I have a sony dcr-trv38 and im using a USB connection along with imagemixer...but...my problem is that while being able to record the images from my cam corder im not able to transfer the sound that goes along with it. is it because i am using the wrong connection?? i need help asap im supposed to edit a tape for someones surprise 18th birthday...please help me!

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
PLEASE HELP ME!,

I am not familiar with the packages you mention, but it seems very likely that you will need to specify "USB" as the input for sound. Assuming you have already tried and failed to do that, then here are a few things to try:

1) Make sure there aren't any other applications using USB sound at the same time. Just close everything down you can think of, including apps in the System Tray. Also, if you DO have any other apps that use USB for sound, just try them out to make sure that you don't have an underlying system problem.

2) Re-install your Imagemixer application

3) Consider using firewire instead. That is normally a much cleaner way to capture video from your camcorder.

Hope that helps - please let me know.

Cheers.

Brighton, Sussex England

Post Number: 2
i have found this site: www.mydeo.com - seems easy, anyone had any experience?

seems like this bloke/girl has used them on an ebay advert too!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D6539477288&ssPageName=A DME:B:LC:UK:1

hmmmmmm.....

Unregistered guest
Gromit,
Its really good to see that u reply to almost all of us with care. Now I have a problem with Sony DCRHC40. I m trying to transfer the Video from my camera to my PC. I have Ulead movie studio installed in my PC. The OS is Windows XP but no windows movie maker installed. But when I try to Capture the video in Ulead, it says camera not detected. Ofcourse firewire drivers are all installed. What could be the reason? I m badly need of this feature to work.

Thanks in advance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 262
John2010,

Thanks for the kind words.

This is my complete "connection problems" debugging cookbook, mostly my own work but thanks to Chico and Berny who also contributed:

1) Disconnect USB and just use the firewire cable to connect your camera to your PC. Most cameras use only firewire for video and USB for stills. Having the USB connection present might possibly cause a problem
2) If by any chance you have TWO types of firewire interface in your PC (one built-in, one PCI/PCMCIA card), physically remove the external card, and try connecting to the in-built port. If still no good, check in Device Manager that the internal device is OK. If you were using a PCI/PCMCIA card because of problems with an in-built card, make sure the in-built device is really disabled.
3) If you are using a laptop with built-in firewire, try to get your hands on a PCMCIA firewire card and use that instead as an experiment. This fixed the problem for one user with a Sony laptop. Make sure you disable the in-built device when doing this.
4) Play around a bit to make sure there is no "sequence" issue affecting you. By this I mean experimenting with connecting and turning the camera on before, or during the capture programme running
5) Look in Device Manager to check if both your 1394 controller and camcorder are present and correct. The 1394 controller should show up the whole time. The camcorder should show up when you connect it and turn it on, then disappear when you turn it off.
6) If you have any doubts about your firewire card, debug as follows: Turn off your camcorder and unplug it from the computer. Remove/uninstall the firewire on your device manager. Restart the computer, wait until windows re-installs the firewire. Re-start again, then wait until the pc is booted up completely. With your camcorder still switched off, plug it in using firewire, then power it on.
7) If your camera has a socket for a memory card, fit one. One JVC owner I corresponded with said this fixed his problem (and was advice from JVC, by the way)
8) Disconnect all other peripherals (especially USB) in case they are confusing your PC. Just a hunch.
9) Re-instal your capture software.
10) Re-download and re-install your capture software
11) Try a different capture software, e.g. Moviemaker from Microsoft if you use XP, Ulead VideoStudio or Roxio Videowave (my favourite)
12) Think whether have you recently installed any new applications, or upgraded any applications? RealPlayer is one application I have found to conflict with Windows XP wizards
13) Think about whether you have installed any hardware that might be causing a conflict. Not a very common problem these days but still a possibility. Check via Device Manager.
14) Try connecting your camera to a friend's PC and vice versa to work out, through a process of elimination, where the problem lies. Remember that capture will only work if the camera, cable, firewire card and PC are all OK.
15) If you are running XP SP2, please refer to this Microsoft patch: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=CA0F2007-18B5-4112-8BD6 -8BF4BD3130B9&displaylang=en And if you are completely stuck, then this interesting - and potentially dangerous - discussion about XP SP2 might be of interest to you. This fix was written prior to the release of the Microsoft patch so it might now be obscelent. DO NOT try this unless you are confident that you can back up important data and/or Ghost your OS before starting. Exercise extreme care if you follow this route - and PLEASE do let me know if it works.

Hope that somewhere in this list I hit the nail on the head. Please let me know what eventually fixes it so I can keep enhancing this knowledge base for the benefit of other users.

Cheers

Username: Rtripp

Storm lake, Iowa Usa

I have an imac, a lacee dvd burner, toast 6, normally I run on os 9.2, but I know i would have to change the start up disc to 10. What I am wondering is if people on this forum have both pc and imac or is there another forum to get help with burning my mini dv movies onto dvd for mac. Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 264
Rousanne, sorry, I am Windows only. Maybe some other contributors can help you.

Anonymous

I am new to this website. I need help with my new Canon ZR 65MC Mini-DV Video Camera. It does not come with any softeware to transfer the video to my computer. I am beyond myself trying to figure this out. How do I edit and copy my home movies to the computer?

Anonymous

In case it matters I have a 80GB hard Drive, 2.0 GHz pentium 4, 256 MB Ram, and windows xp

Brighton, Sussex England

go to start/programs/accessories and click on movie maker (pre-loaded in every xp machine)

click on 'import file from device'

follow onscreen instructions

if you then wanna email someone a link to a stream or put it on a website, i have found that www.mydeo.com are the cheapest and easiest way to do it

also very handy to make video adverts for ebay as you just paste the code into the HTML section of the advert description - like this guy has done:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60818%26item%3D65394772 88%26%26

Username: Helpneedit

i lost my manual but i still have my software cd when i downloaded the cf a long time ago and used photoexpress to capture pictures from my video camera it worked, but now it doesnt work it shows black....does anyone know how to help me? or have any software that would work for it? its a samsung mini dv video camera digital-cam.. sc-d103....and could you use it in words that i understand im only a teenager and yall are smart
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us