Download video from my jvc cam to laptop

Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through January 21, 2005e santana100
Archive through May 05, 2004Samuel Copriva100

Unregistered guest
I purchased a new JVC GR-D73AS cam corder and got USB cable. I connected this to PC and installed image mixer software. when play from Cam corder to PC, it plays but can see only Green screen. Can anyone help? Secondly want to use same as Webcam for Yahoo. how can i achieve this? Free download software are trial and not streaming live cam but shows their Logo.. please help delhi_m35@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2535
Use a DV to firewire cable and NOT USB.
Read your instruction manual. It is there for a reason, use it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2535
Use a DV to firewire cable and NOT USB.
Read your instruction manual. It is there for a reason, use it.

Unregistered guest
I'd like to use my sony camcorder (pdx10) as a webcam. I have read the posts here about streaming. My camera is supposed to stream from its USB port. I have read in numerous places it can be used as a webcam, but I seem to have problems activating it. I installed the USB drivers from Sony, and when I plug in the camcorder i hear a sound and see "SONY USB device recognized." But tyhat does not get me a picture. I use MSN and Yahoo. They found my old cheap dedicated webcam just fine. Yes, some people do it through firewire, but why when that is what USB is for? The reviews say you can use it as a webcam with "netmeeting and similar applications." Are MSN and YAHOO similar applications? Anyone willing to mentor me step by step? B

Unregistered guest
Hi Everybody,

I have purchased SONY HDR-30 E recently.I am just confused with the movie download software provided with it.First of all I am downloading movies using USB cable ,and not Firewire card.
I am not able to download movie with the same series of frames as these were recorded on TAPE.I mean to say "software forces to choose some options before start downloading".And original movie frames order is edited by software autmatically.There is not any option to choose "downloading original movie.

2.) Download speed is very much slow.it takes 30 an hour to download a 2-3 minutes movie.

So should i use any other companies software,for downloading the original and clear movie.

and for fast download should i user FIREWIRE card.

Please help me..

Thanks.
Veenit

Unregistered guest
hi! can anyone please send me a copy of the cd software of JVC gr-d200u? i would appreciate it very much... TIA! =) rcie07@yahoo.com (do all jvc camcorders have the same cd software included in the box?)

Unregistered guest
MOST CD'S FROM 1394 FIREWIRE CARDS, HAVE A DV CAPTURE SOFTWARE !!!

DO NOT USE USB CABLE !!!

USE THE CAPTURE SOFTWARE MANUAL FROM THE CAPTURE SOFTWARE PROVIDER !!!

Unregistered guest
Hi, pliz help me. I bought JVC GR-D50 AS and i lost the software that came with it. If you have the drivers for this device please help me

Unregistered guest
Hey everyone,

Im having trouble with a JVC GR-DVL167EK camcorder and windows XP. The camcorder uses firewire and has woked fine on my old ME desktop using a firewire card i purchased and installed separately, but is not recognised by my newer XP laptop with a preinstalled firewire card. Im using the same firewire cable as I used with ME when the device worked fine. Also, I use the firewire port with my external hard drive, using the same cable as mentioned before, with no problems. However, I cannot get XP to recognise my camcorder. I have all the software that came with the camcorder installed, along with MGI Videowave 5, the same software I used to successfully capture and edit videos with on ME. Also, the camcorder is still recognised, using the aforementioned cable and card, on my ME desktop. This leads me to the conclusion that the firewire cable, card and the camcorder are all working fine, so there must be a problem with XP.

I have visited a number of message boards on the same topic and have tried many things to sort this including installing XP service pack 2, turning the camcorder into different modes before and during me being logged into XP and renaming files in windows. I have also checked my manual multiple times and have checked the JVC website but none of the downloads are of any help. If anyone has any suggestions they would be much appreciated because this is beginning to annoy me slightly...

John

Rod T.
Unregistered guest
Well, Folks...I just bought a JVC GR-D33U and got a firewire cable for it. I tried connecting it up to my "new-ish" Gateway (eMachines) 816GM CPU running Windows XP with a built-in VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller. The first couple of times I tried to capture video using the JVC-supplied Imagemixer 7.0 software and Windows Moviemaker, my computer recognized the camera as a "generic" camcorder, and I could control the camera from the computer screen, but could not complete the capture...no video appeared on the software monitor, and after ending the capture session, I got an error message saying "Video failed to capture properly" or something like that. After poking around the Internet and trying various fixes that didn't work, I found a post that recommended an IEEE 1394 "patch" to fix a recognition proble inherent in Windows SP2. I downloaded and installed the patch. Unfortunately, now my computer will not recognize that the camera is connected. At least I hope this is the problem. In the course of trying various crazy fixes, I may have disconnected the battery pack while the camera was connected to the ac adapter and firewire...any chance this might have shorted the firewire connection in the camera? The computer diagnostics say the internal card is fine, and all on-board camera functions are OK. Anyway, if anyone has a suggestion on how to proceed from here, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Thanks.

Anonymous

Im in the market for a laptop and prefer an ultralite (such as sonly vaio T-series or panasonic e-lite). however, one of my intended uses for a computer is to create DVD's from numerous DV-tape home movies i have. reading the stories above about video capture frustrations by hardware and software is horrifying me. the MAC notebooks have DVI inputs and are supposedly plug-and-play on this front. are there any equivalent PC notebooks out there that are highly portable?

RobertBG
Unregistered guest
JVC GR-D53: Donloaded Win XP HE driver on my PC Cleron 2.60, 256MB Ram, 80MB HD. The installed ImageMaker 1.8. I hook up the JVC via the supplied USB cable. Start ImageMaker and ImageMaker does not find the JVC. What do I need to do? Can you please advise step by step? Thank you!

Anonymous

Hello,

I have GR-DVL25A Digital camera. I want to transfer my snaps from camera to my laptop using 1394 port. I have 1394 cable. I am using WinXP OS. But I don't have driver for that camera for XP. SO I am not able to connect my camera to my laptop. Please help me to configure it and transfer my snaps to my laptop.

Alexander1987
Unregistered guest
My Panasonic NV-GS11 doesn't work as a webcam. On MSN it shows only a black picture.

Anonymous

I've also got a JVC GR-D33U. I'm a bit puzzled by the behavior of the firewire port. So far, I can get it working fine as long as I use a short (3 ft long) firewire cable. This confirmed on 3 separate PCs. Once I use a longer firewire cable, (I'm on my 2nd 6 ft try), it fails. Perhaps this advice will help someone experiencing similar issues.

Unregistered guest
I have a zr80,i want to connect the camcorder to my pc running win98,has a firewire port.Do i need additional software?Canon says no.But I am not getting anywhere.Help!

Unregistered guest
I have a zr80,i want to connect the camcorder to my pc running win98,has a firewire port.Do i need additional software?Canon says no.But I am not getting anywhere.Help!

andysyed
Unregistered guest
I just came across this forum after doing a search. seems like a friendly and valuable resource. i have a jvc gr-d50aa. been making home movies for a while, burning dvds etc only using the freebie sw supplied with camera/ burner/firewire card. all working fine. actually just looking for the manual but i've got that now. just thought id say hi. plus it might reassurung to some to know that it all works out in the end.

CaneEnable
Unregistered guest
Oh jeeze. So I just spent my last seven hundred dollars on a new computer. And when choosing the Mother board I turned down the firewire. I had a feeling doing so would bite me in the behind.

I have a JVC GR-DX77 camera and three movies to edit in the next week. And like 7 or 8 USBs. Is there any other possible way to transfer video to PC than Firewire?

Thanks-
Cane Enable

Anonymous

Hi everyone,
I have a Sony TRV110E Digital8 camera.
I am having a problem that is as follows:
I have professional lights in which i shoot some religious videos indoors. After recording when i view this on my TV, it looks good and sharp. But when i transfer this to my PC with the help of IEEE 1394, the video sort of blurs. What could be wrong here? any help would be apprecited.

Thanks,
ISD

Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell me how to obtain a GR-D53 USB Driver for my JVC Camcorder ... the original CD ROm supplied with the camcorder is pretty hopeless. Thanks

Username: Sweetypeter

Post Number: 1
I bought a DCR-TRV530E digital camcorder.I am able to transfer stills using USB. But i couldn't transfer vedios from the camera to my computer. Please tell me how to transfer the videos from the sony DCR-TRV530E camera to my PC. Please tell me the versions of the extra cable if i need to buy.
Please e-mail the details to sweetypeter@yahoo.co.in

Username: Freefall2724

I have a JVC GR-D70U and a compaq presario 2108. It has no firewire output. I was looking at USB/Firewire combo hubs, but it doesn't look like they're adapter/converters. I also found a dv to usb transfer cable at http://www.pixela-1.com as well as pcmcia firewire cards which would probably solve the problem.

Will a combo hub work for video transfer?

Also, will the pcmcia firewire card and usb/firewire transfer cable transfer video at a much slower rate? I'm looking for the best option here if anyone has any suggestions.

Anonymous

totally incorrect - those who say usb does not work to rip video from camera to computer! works fine. need to turn on usb stream in camera - that's it - works great. open source it baby!

Username: Sabineh

Hello,
I have bought a Sony DVD91E camera and the Imagemixer software is not delivered with this type. Can anyone help me ?

Anonymous

i have a GDR-50 and have lost the cd that comes with it plz help

hello
Unregistered guest
For the jvc cameras, I have the gr-d200u does this take the IEEE1394 Firewire cable as well? And does it come with it or do you need to buy it? And could someone send a link to show me what it looks like.

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 177
hello,

The review of your camera here:
http://www.videomaker.com/scripts/article.cfm?id=10565

says:
"the GR-D200 sports FireWire, USB and analog video outputs,"

Normally, camcorders are not supplied with firewire cables. Firewire cables are normally supplied with the firewire PCI or PCMCIA cards. Or you can buy for $10 or less.

lots of pictures of firewire cables here:
http://www.cablemakers.com/firewire_cables.html

Cheers.
PS: I Googled it.

ashraf
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have bought this JVC GR-DVL910a Digital Video Camera some time ago.Recently i have taken some videos and would like to transfer it to my PC.The usb slot only transfers Still images.I have an S-video on both my pc and camera.How do i make it work or what other alternatives should i use to connect and transfer?Please help

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
ashraf,

I'm guessing, but I suspect that the S-video socket on your PC is an output, i.e. no good for capturing video.

Have you considered getting a firewire card? Both PCI and PCMCIA versions are available and they are pretty cheap. There's plenty of stuff on these pages about how to get started.

Cheers.

quebecXP
Unregistered guest
Hello,

I have a Camcorder JVC GR-DVL505. It was working very well with windows 98.
Now, I am not able to connect it with USB to my computer running with XP.
Do you have a driver working with XP (drivers dowload from JVC site are not working) or any advice about how to connect and install my GR-DVL505 on my XP?
Thanks

Alain

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
quebecXP,

I'll recommend using firewire. Have you considered that approach? No specific drivers should be required and the hardware is very cheap.

Cheers.

quebecXP
Unregistered guest
Gromit,
Thank you. Unfortunately, I do not have a firewire on my laptop...
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
quebecXP,

I'll still recommend using firewire. For less than $40, you can buy a PCMCIA firewire card bundled with cable and capture software.

Is that option feasible for you?

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
I have a GR D33U JVC DV camcorder and am trying to download footage onto my PC. It is connected via firewire (DV cable). But problems exist. Computer detects connection of the connected firewire, but no data is transferred. I have a firewire card and have been told by a technician at Pixela, that I need to update the driver to my firewire card and he said that he knew this to be the case. How would I go about doing this and where would I find it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
JVCgrd33u,

1) Best place to find drivers is on the manufacturer's website, or through Google.

2) Firewire cards do not always require specific drivers. Standard Windows drivers are normally sufficient.

3) I'd try your camera on a friend's PC just to check it is OK.

Let me know how it turns out or if you need more help.

Cheers.

Anonymous

what type of firewire cable should i use to upload my videos to my PC?

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
Anonymous,

Any type will do, but you can save yourself some money if you make sure that the card is bundled with capture software and a firewire cable. Most are.

Cheers.

Username: Stardavinci

Hi,

After going thru above posts, I am sure that the best way to tranfer video from camcorder to computer is thru Firewire. Now I am ready to go for fireware, but dont know how to start...

I have Sony DCR TRV-330E. I am ready to buy the fireware cable and necessary software... I need some guidance in this regard.

Thanks in adavance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
stardavinci,

Take your camcorder to your local PC store and tell them what you want to do. They will check that your camcorder does indeed have a firewire port (some Sonys don't) and assuming it does, sell you a computer card, cable and software bundle for around $30.

Post again if you need further help.

Cheers

Sam125555
Unregistered guest
I found a Windows XP SP@ firewire patch here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=CA0F2007-18B5-4112-8BD6 -8BF4BD3130B9&displaylang=en

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
Sam125555,

That is a really, really useful link. Thank you! I shall stop advising people to tinker around with SP2 drivers immediately.

By the way, have you experienced an SP2 issue and fixed it with this patch?

Cheers

Unregistered guest
Hi,
Been trying to use my JVC DV camera GR-D53 as a webcam. However I have problems installing the USB driver. My OS is Win XP .

Is it possible to use DV Camera as webcam using USB or do I need Firewire card and cable for that?

Help me pls.
Thanks
Raj

Silver Member

Post Number: 314
Raj1980,

Your camera supports the webcam function and this is normally provided via USB rather than firewire. Check your user guide.

Cheers.

Username: Jeffscompaq

Post Number: 2
To all JVC users: To transfer DV to PC I have made it work using the ImageMixer V1.7 that came with my GR-D72U. The only catch is you have to install the program 4 times! And only USB2 works and captures video!! I called JVC July 5 and the call person told me that's how to make it work.
Microsoft says Windows Movie Maker does not support Mpeg and doesn't like 2 hour mode recordings. Of the 3 capture programs on my fairly new Compaq PC, ImageMixer is the only one that captures video. I'm glad I finally got something that will work, but I'm still trying to use firewire so I'm still looking for a fix.

Unregistered guest
Hi

I have a jvc-GR-D33AG camcorder and have it connected to my pc and tv via an s-video cable.

I can record the video ok but get no sound?

can anyone help please?

Thanks

Scott.

Silver Member

Post Number: 428
Scott,

Guess what: s-video cables don't carry sound!

http://www.interfacebus.com/Design_Connector_Video.html

You'll need to connect an audio cable as well.

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
hi all, same problem, I have jvc grd32 mini dv. I have ulead and pinnical they bot see my camcoder but the video wont show or save. I need image mixer. Anyone know how I can get it?
I am using an ieee cabke to connect the camera

Anonymous

looking for driver for, JVC GR-D74 can anyone help me please

Unregistered guest
To the Experts.

I have the Canon ZR80, and for awhile everything was fine, but lately my computer will not recognize my computer no matter what. I even took my computer in to get the firewire tested, and was told that everything works fine. Unfortunately I was not able to take my camera in to get it tested with my computer, so I was wondering if there is any kind of driver I could download that would help?
I am running Windows XP. Thanks!

Username: Alexindo

I HAVE PROBLEM with my DV 500 Plus,

when I change my computer with
P-IV - 3 Ghz
My Mother board & VGA CARD
optimal by Win XP Sp-1

and then i must change my driver DV-500
Version 3.0 into driver DV-500 ver.4.0_update
also adobe Premier 6.0 inti V. 6.5

but teh program not use in my computer
this time i have some software :
DRIVER DV 500 Plus Ver 3.0 (original)
Driver DV 500 Plus downlod from pinnacle
Driver DV 500 DVD

adobe premier v. 6.0, 6.5 & pro
with all combinnation
no work , information problem in DiskIO.dll

any one can help me - to give me, solution and adress for dowload !!!

thanks
alex

Silver Member

Post Number: 500
jnicholea,

Although there does seem to be a lot of people running XP SP2 who are having problems at the moment, the fact that the store checked out your PC makes me think you should try to find a friend with a firewire equipped computer so you can test your camcorder. DV ports can fail. For example, JVC advise that plugging the firewire cable in while the camera is switched on can destroy the firewire port.

If you successfully test out your camcorder, please post again for further help.

Cheers.

Username: A4arun

I have sony handycam trv250e and i lost my driver of version 1.0 and i got the version 1.5 but its not working properly. so please tell how can i get version 1.0 for image transfer and mixing..

Unregistered guest
i got JVC GRD30 MiniDV very good i need a software of this and also usb drivers.
and i want to know that there is a software for to this images and video in an computer
ineed that software

Unregistered guest
i have a JVC GR-DX300 and i want to use this camera as a webcam. Is there anyone who knows the address that i can download from freely.Please help me. I don't want to buy a new one.

Unregistered guest
Hey everyone,
I have a JVC GR53 and i misplaced the CD for the video editing (that came with the camcorder) and i also misplaced the manual that instructed you on how to install the camera to transfer footage onto ur computer. If anyone knows how to make my JVC GR53 work on my Windows XP computer this would be an enormous help. Thanks. Please Reply. Thanks again.

Unregistered guest
Hi everyone,

I have a JVC GR-D33AG and I want to connect it with my laptop (XP).
Anyone knows how to get it? If yes, please give me a detail explanation.

Thanks.

Agustino

Unregistered guest
i have JVC GR-DVX507A and I lost the manual and i need to find a way to delete the bettery signs, and the 12bit per sound signs from my video...I don't want them to appear on the video when I edit it..can u all please please please help me find a way to make them dissapear?..!! I am in trouble..thank u all so much!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3581
go tot he menu and edit your settings from there. it should be under "display" or some other menu name.

Unregistered guest
Hi,
I installed the Roxio Videowave software 7.5 on my Sony Laptop. I observed following (something strange).
1. My Windows Explorere crashes if I scroll down.
2. My Windows Media player stops displaying the images after 6 seconds. If we move the pointer to 7th sec, it works further for 6 more seconds.
3. It's the same for Real Player too.

When I uninstalled the Videowave, all these 3 started working well. What could be wrong ?

My Config is -
Sony PCG-K37 with 3.2 GHz P4 processor, 1GB RAM, 80 GB HD with 19GB free, DVD DL writer, Windows XP Home SP2, Norton SystemWorks 2005, ZoneAlarm, Microsoft Antispyware.

The Camcorder is Sony DCR-DVD300.

I have the latest patch for Videowave too.

MAC18
Unregistered guest
can someone please please help me, I've had my gr-dx77 for almost a year but i cant get the drivers for it anywhere!!! :-( does anyone know where i can get them or maybe email me the apps if you have the disk? PLEASEEEEEE

Fooshie18@netscape.net

Anonymous

Hi all ,
I have my JVC GR-D53AS camcorder.I want to transfer videos to my PC. As i read here i understand it can be done using a firewire card and cable. Iam ready to buy a firewire card and cable. I want to buy it online. Can you help me on where to buy it ? does it have some numbers? can i buy a IEEE1394 Firewire card and cable ?

if you can contact me at vinoth_buddies@hotmail.com

plz help me out.

Thanks

Vinoth

Username: Madhubala

hi ,
I have Panasonic PV GS150 camcorder. I don't know much about camcorder. I just connected my laptop( win XP) to camcorder using USB cable( supports USB2) . I was able to copy the tape using DV Motin software provided with the camcorder. But next time when I connected it is not identifying the camcorder. Using DV motion when selected input it displayed a msg'no video device is connected with the computer'. In MyComputer is recognise it as removable disk.
any help would be apprecited.

madhubala

Unregistered guest
i have jvc handy cam model no.GR-D20E,but i havenot its usb transfer software who transfer data cam to computer

Unregistered guest
I've spent 5 hours + looking for a fix to this - windows says its a driver problem and to get an update from manufacturer, I can't find one on your site. when hooking up my GR-D74U via I-DV there is no video transferring to the video programs like windows movie maker or adobe elements. I'm using windows XP Media Ceter Edition 2005, have 1GB of memory, amd 64X2 so there's no shortage of system here. the CONTROLS in the programs control the camera OK, but no video will come thru! H E L P PLease!

Email me PLEASE if you have any suggestions! thegoose2k@hotmail.com
Thanks, James

Anonymous

Just trying to copy a previously recorded 8MM tape fromn a Sony Handycam to a VHS tape. I have tried every combination of connections and nother works. Seems so simple, nbut could use some help

DeFlare
Unregistered guest
Hello all, I am new to this forum, oh well, didn't even register, shame on me. Now, I need help.

I have a JVC GR-D53, and when I connect it via USB to my computer, it says "new software found", but it can't be installed because a driver is missing. So, Cana nyone link me to a driver-download for Window XP?
I have searched, but can't find anything.
Thanks in advance,

Erik

Unregistered guest
Hi Experts,

I have Compaq Laptop N800C, And a TechCom external tv tuner card can i connect with my laptop and watch pictuer,movies etc. if yes then how and what components are needed pls suggest.

Regards
Santosh

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a JVC GR-D53 Video Camera and have lost the disk that came with it, have been able to get the driver and now xp sees the camera but need the imagemixer program to download my videos
can anyone help please

Unregistered guest
Dear Gurus,

1. I have one laptop with 1394 female port (4-pin)
2. A Firewire cable 4-pin o 4-pin.
3. SONY TRV-140 with i-Link port(firewire, 4-pin).

I don't know if my laptop has Firewire card installed in it :-(. But for sure it has one port with 1394 written on it.

As per my thinking what I have to do for Transferring Movie from Camcorder to Laptop is:
1. Connect Laptop and Camorder with Firewire cable.
2. Using a good Video editing Software, transfer/ edit the recorded data to my laptop.
3. Burn onto DVD/ CD.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
I am not sure if my Laptop has IEEE 1394 card installed in it :-(.

Eagerly waiting for your precious suggestions...

br
-PJ.

Anonymous

To the guy that says u cant transfer video to ur PC from a GR-D70 you are wrong! I am doing just that, what u need is the JVC usb driver and the ImageMixer Program which come with the camera, then u select USB mode not Firewire mode and u can transfer.
Am triying to upload the XP drivers now.

Unregistered guest
salvation!!
http://www.jvc.co.th/service/driver_02.html
XP USB driver for the JVC GR-D50, GR-D50E

Anonymous

win xp drivers for GR-D70
http://ww.quickdump.com/files/456926712.html

Unregistered guest
hi there... so... I've bought a jvc gr-d225e and a firewire 1394... and I have connected to my pc ... - I can see the movie from the mini dv... but I don't know how can I copy..or convert that movie into a avi,mpeg... or somthing "playable"
... what soft should I use ?
thanks'

Unregistered guest
hello,
I have got a sony handicam from my uncle. The model no. is DCR-TRV520E. And I want to edit some of the movie clips and photos. As he told me i'll need a program to install in my PC for that which i have not. So pls tell me from where I can get the program/software.
thank you.
rishikesh pandit

Unregistered guest
hi,
I Have JVC handycam I want to transfer my video to blank VCD. Using a ACER Laptop centerino I have USB cable to connect through my laptop I have Windows XP OS and i have pinnacle software.But I try press burn bottom in Handycam to transfer... the error was occured "NO CD FOUND" but the blank CD is already insert on my CD Drive (Writer) My CD drive has no problem because its already new. pls help me on what to do in my problem.

thank you so much!!
rodney from the philippines

Unregistered guest
Hi ,

I bought a JVC GR-D250AH Camcorder recently , i didn't get any software or drivers for connecting to my pc along with it . when i ask JVC , they say nothing is required if my OS is WinXp .

Can Any one help me , how can i connect to my PC & Down load the tape content to PC (Do i need any S/w for it?)

Thanks
Raj

betelguese05
Unregistered guest
jvc's manuals are very stupid pieces of work that tell you almost nothing. they only tell you how to hook up usb (and dv) which CANNOT take your video off your tape and onto your computer. it can take video off a memory card, however. to get video off of a tape, connect a FIREWIRE cable to your camera and to your computer. the computer should recognize the connection. if not, search for your camera on jvc's website, they have the necessary drivers.

Unregistered guest
For JVC, You just need the CAM and the firewire cable(you can get it in Ebay, Very cheap). Just switch on your cam, connect the cable in you computer USB port and the other end in the cam where it say "DV". If the OS is XP it will automatically recognise and open a popup asking for "capture video". If you click enter, It will open the movie maker and the wizard will help you to proceed till grabbing the video. Its very simple.

Unregistered guest
actually... there is a PCI card with the firewire cable. You have to put the PCI card in you machine.. and connect the cable in it. Sorry for the wrong message.

Unregistered guest
HI EVERYONE! I HAVE A SONY DCR - TRV330E.....I NEED TO KNOW CAN MOVIE BE DIRECTLY TRANSFERED TO MY DESK TOP WITH WIN98.....THE S/WARE PROVIDED SEEMS TO BE PRETTY ATTROCIOUS.....

Unregistered guest
I have NVDS65 camcoder. I donot have firewire port on my computer. Can I convert MiniDV to CD through USB port. It would be great if somebody guides me through the process.
Further, I have got drivers CD scratched. Can sombody also forward drivers for the same or

Gold Member

Post Number: 4895
Gulshan,
No you cannot convert via USB. Firewire as it has been discussed on this thread is the only way to transfer your video.

Anonymous

hi i am new to this site. can anyone give me information regarding drivers for the Gr-dvl910, i have a new computer and want to use my camra on it but have discovered that my driver disc has been damaged i have done a search to see if i can download one but i have had no luck

Unregistered guest
Where can I found a driver for JVC GR-DX300US (USB)?

Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have a JVC GR-D33AG camcorder. Recently the problem in that is I am not able to see things while recording.
Once recorded I can only hear the sound, but there is no display.
But before there was no such problems. The display and sound were proper earlier.

Username: Amitropo

Hi all i have lost my software disc for my jvc GR-D53.Can anyone help or direct me as to where to download it please

Mindsci
Unregistered guest
Please forgive me if I ask an idiot question or one that has already been answered above.

I have an old Sony TRV110E. Can anyone tell me how to change the settings so that it doesn't shut down (to save energy) every few minutes when I'm using it as a webcam (that is, on standby but not actually recording)?

Thanks

Unregistered guest
hey

i got a GR-D50AA but ive lost the driver software for it and dont really want to pay $65 for it any chance somebody can email me a link where to download it or email the drivers to me at admin@pfukke.com

any help would be greatly apricated

Unregistered guest
Good morning, I am looking for drivers that come with a video camera model GR-D50AA by JVC.
My friend bought this off of another and it has no CD supplied.
He is 70 years old and can not afford the $70AUS quoted for it, and yes that puts me in his age group also.
I would appreciate some help as I do not know where to look to help him.
Thankyou.

Unregistered guest
Oops mind wandering, I neglected to add my email if you could help please. I can download okay as I have sufficient speed in my connection, I am on adsl.

sorpom@internode.on.net

Thankyou and sorry for the error.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6566
Go to the JVC website for tech support.

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony Handycam. I can not get my computer to reconize it. It will download the program that came with it. I have a Windows XP...HELP!!!

Username: D_dijs

i have a jvc gr-d20e video camera it worked well for one year.But when I now start the camera ,whithout the lenscap,on the screen in both the automatic and manual mode there is the message remove lenscap and there is no image on the screen.the camera works wel in the play mode.
I have tried to reset by removing the battery and in the menue.Does anyone know if this is a matter of resseting or a defect?Thanks for any help

Username: Aram79

Iraq

I have problem in JVC vedio camera (JVC GR-D90U) purchased last year. I am having trouble getting a picture on my LCD . When I turn it on I only see black through the lens and/or through the screen. It looks like the cap is still on the lens. Constantly gives the lens cap warning in automatic and manual modes. Will only record sound. LCD is black with only the warning message.
any one help me

Username: Seprienna

hello,
I'm a new user of JVC GR-270. Can anyone kindly explain to me how to transfer the video data to my PC. What are the connector i need to transfer from the cassette? Do i need to install the driver? What kind of application i need to use in order to retrieve the video from the camcorder?
Thanks in advance!

Username: Anil_mavoor

Riyadh, Riyadh Saudi Arabia

I HAD PURCHASED ONE JVC GR-DV500. I HAD BOUGHT ONE 1394 PORT. BUT WHEN I CONNECT THIS TO THE PORT VIA DV CABLE I CANNOT TRANSFER. BUT WITH THE SAME CONNECTION I CAN TANSFER FROM MY CANNON MV700i CAM. BUT JVC IS NOT WORKING. BUT JVC IS WORKING WITH MY DAZZLE COMPRESSION CARD. AS THE QUALITY OF PICTURE IS NOT GOOD I LIKE TO TRANSFER WITH DV CABLE. ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTION

Username: Jagdish

I have a sony DCR TRV 460E camcoder and the
software provided by sony is worst..

I want a software which can capture video from camcoder to my Harddisk thro' a USB support cable

Any Information or availability. Please suggest.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7452
It is not going to happen with a USB no matter what program you use.

Username: 4221968

Does anyone know how to save my movies I record on my JVC GZ-MG20U camcorder onto my computer? I'm getting help from know one. I can view and watch them on my computer. But I want to know how to SAVE THEM on my computer so I can delete my hard drive on my camcorder. PLEASE HELP ME!!! I'M READY TO TAKE BACK CAMCORDER.

Username: 4221968

Post Number: 3
Here is my e-mail if you can help me.
hockeymom422@tds.net

Username: 638c130

United kingdom

Greetings one and all,
I have a sony dcr trv 18e camcorder but need a
cd driver to download to pc.
Can anyone help

Username: Delynnfox

ok.. i have a jvc gr-d333u, attached to my computer by firewire It works find to capture video and sound in windows media player and such.. But when i use it to webstream i get no sound? Can someone help? delynnfox@yahoo.com

Username: Waloosky

Bhgdad, Df Iraq

Hi, I have a JVC GR-D53 Video Camera
i need driver for JVC GR-D53 ...
DRIVER NEEDED: JVC GR-D53 (Windows XP Professional)
can anyone help please

Username: Kenny10033

hi,
I recently got a jvc Gr-D23ek camcorder from a friend which has a firewire cable. I bought a pci/firewire port and it seems to be in working order but when I connect my camcorder to it nothing happens, My friend says she didn't get any disk with drivers when she bought it. Can anyone help me?

Username: Maharaja

Hi,
I bought GR-D74U. But hav the same problem that PC (XP media centre) doesn't capture video using Fire-wire. I see only black screen on Pinnacle & movie Maker. If anybody has found solution plz ..plz let me know. Thanx in advance.
My email: cpi2678@yahoo.ca

Username: Mssvv

Guys u can find drivers for jvc camcorders for windowws xp. ( GR-DV500AG, GR-DV900AG,GR-DV5000AG, GR-D70AG, GR-D90AG, GR-DX75AG, GR-DX300AG, GR-D53
GR-D73)
http://www.jvc.co.th/service/driver_02.html

Username: Dmark

Hi

like many of you I have problems with XP sp2 & 1394:
My JVC GR-D350AG is connected w/firewire to my LG notebok.
The camera is correctly controled from the computer which means the firewire works.
However the video is corrupted (in any format) by movie maker capture and can't be stored (captures only pics of the movie instead of the movie itself).
many of you talked of downloading an XP patch for 1394 (Update for Windows XP (KB885222)) but some said it created more problems.
Can anybody help and recommend a valid patch for XP & 1394 or any other idea ?

thanks
Dan

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14263
You might want to take a look at a different video capture program instead of using the Windows Moviemaker.

Take a look at Ulead or Pinnacle.

Username: Motocross365

Yes it's another ''lost my instillation cd for my JVC GR-D73AS video camera'' and I'm looking to download it from the internet, is this even possible? because I keep hitting dead ends. Do I have to buy a new one?
Thanks

Username: Samwidetechno

RIYADH, RIYADH SAUDIARABIA

hai everybody

i purchase a digital camera JVC GR-D73AS . i lost the installation CD.when i go to the jvc website i cant get the same model ,how can get the same software and drivers ? please send a correct link for downloading the software&drivers.please enybody can help me ?}

Username: Helpgordon

I want to download video from my JVC GR-DX300 camcorder to my new Mac mini but need a driver. Can anyone advise how to obtain this.

Username: Tradestead123

Post Number: 4
i got a sony digital camcorder not long before, i like it very much ,but every time when I connected it to my laptop, it not only can not play but also make my pc dead. I never use a camcorder before, so it makes me very boring, can any one give me any suggestion, thank you very much!

Username: Vision20

Highland Park, MI U.S

Hello everyone,

I am in serious need of someone's help. I am trying to transfer some recorded footage from a JVC digital video camera to a Gateway laptop that has "Windows Vista". I was told by a friend that a firewire cable was needed. I purchased a brand new cable, connected it to both the laptop and the camera and yet, the laptop still doesn't seem to detect the connection with or without the camera being turned on. Does anyone have a solution that could possibly help me?

If so please contact me ASAP at darrenthill@yahoo.com

Thank you...

Username: Wafaa

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Hi,

I have a jvc gy-hm100u camera, I recorded my footage using the HDV 720p, I cannot transfer the footage to my PC since the firewire port of the camera is broken.
I have tried to transfer the footage from other cameras ( sony, cannon and a panasonic ) and yet it didnt work.
A friend told me that I could use a VCR deck, but all the VCR decks that I searched for are not compatable with this camera
Is there any other solution?

Username: Wafaa

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

I mean a gy-hd100u not a gy-hm100u
sorry about the confusion

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 312
You are toast if the Firewire port is broken.

Are you sure it is really broken? Try it using a Windows XP PC.

You can transfer video to a VCR; it just won't be HDV 720p. It defeats the purpose of using this fancy video camcorder.

If you haven't done so, download and read the manual.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us