Problems with Pixela software :/

Username: Smekla

Post Number: 1
Hello, when i want to capture all the movie from my Sony cam to my p.c. it records maximum 10-15 minutes of video and writes that it's not enough free space in my hard disc, but there are ~23 GB of free space in my hdd. what's the problem? (when capturing, i used 'normal' quality)

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a similar problem to you but I have 150 GB free space. Someone out there must have the answer !

Unregistered guest
Hi, same problem here. Updating the USB driver (from Sony website) did not help. I hope someone has an answer out there.

Username: Reedrosa

Same problem here. Anyone find the solution yet?

Narasimha Murthy
Unregistered guest
Hi, I too have the same problem, but the work around i can suggest (which worked for me) is to capture the video upto 12 mins (about 300 MB), which will save the video to a file and continue from that point again. Little painful, but works!! Actually, the error message is misleading, and i think the cause of the problem is the file size that this video capture software can handle (having in memory).

Unregistered guest
how to download Pixela Imagemixer Ver. 1.6 driver for sony

Anonymous

hi there can anyone help, using imagemixer 1.7 with jvc mini dv all the drivers load and i am able to control the camcorder etc from my computer, converts image data and sound data but then comes a notice saying easyvcd has caused an error and will now close. the program then closes and i go back to my desktop

Username: Javiersantosr

Hello, when i want to capture all the movie from my Sony cam to my p.c. it records maximum 10-15 minutes of video (about 300 MB) and writes that it's not enough free space in my hard disc, but there are ~60 GB of free space in my hdd. what's the problem? (when capturing, i used 'normal' quality)

Unregistered guest
I found this solution on a forum that I am not registered but it seems the credit should go to Mike Daly. However, it didn't work for me but it seems it fixed the problem for everybody else. I am still hoping it will work after I reboot my PC. In muy case I could capture the whole tape (1 hour with Pinacle but I ended up with a 13 GB file which I ca't fit on a DVD. So I am trying to get the whole movie saved as mpg1 using Imagemixer I would appreciate if anybody can give me any input. My PC run under XP with 80GB free space.
Re: Sony Handycam capturing images to computer
[posted on: Jun 8, 2005 4:49 AM by mike daly Reply
I saw the problem you and others were having with image mixer. I found the solution for this problem. I had to search high and low as well as translate the page from a different language. Well anyways I hope this helps everyone.
-click START
-click RUN
-type in REGEDIT
-click on HKEY_Local_Machine
-click on software
-click on pixela
-click on Image Mixer for Sony
-click on input
-click on USB Control 01
-click on USB AVI Limit
-Type in a (0) in place of the (1)
-click OK

XP users your problems solved

Username: Mrocho46

Toronto, ON. Canada

I have never had a software problem like I've had since installing the Pixela software for my Sony DVD Camera. I've managed to burn one DVD and now all I get is this message saying Explorer has encountered a problem and will shut down. I've tried everything I can think of including totally removing the software and re-installing it, to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm running Windows XP.

AdamK
Unregistered guest
I too am receiving explorer error messages everytime that I try to do anything in Pixela. Running XP. Any ideas?

sumguy
Unregistered guest
well my sister installed pixela this morning and when i went on my computer no videos work in window media player has anyone had or heard of this?

Unregistered guest
I am new to this.My Pixela is telling me CDR does not exist!

Username: Mrocho46

Toronto, ON. Canada

Post Number: 2
Well I managed to solve one problem with Pixela. At least now I can finally burn a DVD, but it takes forever and you have to keep saving. I did try to use MyDVD to burn a saved DVD from Pixela, but although I was able to make the DVD, I had no audio. But at least I was finally able to make a DVD from 3 mini-disks. If you try to add music to it, it takes forever to prepare to burn, I'm talking hours.

Unregistered guest
I have installed Sony Imaging Software rev 1.6, which came with DSC S40 Sony Camera. As soon as I have done it, I have lost access to all COM Ports. Apart of this, when I try to check Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, all I see is an empty page...
I can not access my modem, therefore Internet. ...
Any ideas?
Quite a big surprise from a known manufacturer...
I am using Dell Notebook with Windows 2000 Professional.
Any ideas?

Unregistered guest
I have installed this software which came with my JVC camcorder but will not detect it for what ever reason. I have tried to re-install it on numerous occations but still no joy. All the software is working OK but will not pick up my camcorder (gr-dx67ek)

ben rethual
Unregistered guest
Try copying the file "XP" from Pixela and saving it in a different location on yr pc, eg MyDocs etc. Reboot and then connect the camcorder and it should be ok. If not Install "xp" from where you saved it if asked.
Any help on why direct burn is only for 20 mins and how to overcome this?

jana
Unregistered guest
hi!
one question:
"-click on input" --> i dont have this order! does anybody know why?
i´m from germany an my english istn the best, so please answer in simple phrases. thanks.
bye, jana

jana
Unregistered guest
sorry, i mean "sentence" and not "phrase" .. i ever confuse this two words...

jana

Andrew83
Unregistered guest
Hi, I've got ImageMixer DVD2 (upgraded from software provide with Fuji FinePix). Whenever I try writing to DVD/creating disc image, it gets all the way through the 'editing contents' phase, but when 'creating disc image' it gets varying amounts through this task and then the progress window just dissapears. It is then as though you never clicked the write button......with the exception that there is a new empty blank folder called DVD image in the location specified for saving the disc image!

Can anyone help?!? Many thanks!

Andrew83
Unregistered guest
Update! Have made some progress....if I select my "video/TV format" to be NTSC as opposed to PAL, the process completes successfully 100% of the time! However, each time when attempting to use PAL it fails each time. Does that help anyone in suggesting a possible solution to my problems (I want to use PAL)?

Thank you very much, Andrew

SherA
Unregistered guest
Hi, I'm trying to create a still picture from a movie file using Image Mixer 1.0 that came with my Sony F717. I clicked on "export within album as new picture" and navigated to the frame I wanted to save, but when I view the picture that was created, it is a different frame than the one I want. I can drag the slider to the frame I want, but if I just play the movie it only plays the first 10 seconds, and the still picture I want to create is about 50 seconds into the movie. Can someone help? Thanks

unregistered
Unregistered guest
Hi,

when i try to use the Imagmaker it says's CDR not found why is this .. Altough i have tried it on various CD writers . is there anybody for help ? who has encountred the same problem ? pls mail me mohdmoulana@yahoo.com
Thanks

Unregistered guest
I'd be really grateful for any help. When I try to make a VCD using ImageMixer VCD2I get the message #=[ IM06007 ] Failed to write CDR. -10. I can't find what the message means. Anybody come across this problem?

Unregistered guest
Please help to locate ImageMixer 1.5 installation file. I do own TRV355E Handycam 8, but has lost the driver CD. Now that I own a PC, I want to connect the two for Video Editing and I need this driver very urgently. I have a update download from Sony Asia.

I will appreciate if someone can add a link to my e-mail address for downloading.

Thanx
Barax

Unregistered guest
evening all I have a Sonydigital handycam which came with a pixela image mixer I`ve been trying for bleedin hours to get the ver.1.0 to work it keeps coming up as cam corder not found. HELP PLEASE.

Unregistered guest
Pixela supports only 15 mins of recording from USB, this has been stated in the FAQs section of imagemixer.com site.
You have the option of joining the 15 mins pieces of video together in the movie editing section.
Question:
I am not getting the sound when i play it on the imagemixer software. Any remedies ?
And how good is the Mini DV usage ? Does it enhance the quality ? I am planning to buy a IEEE 1394 cable
Also the size of movie is 25 MB for 1 min of video.
Please do let me know your answers @ alprashanth@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
Just got Sony DCR HC21 camcorder with Imagemaker software. I successfully transferred some video to computer with USB connection, captured and saved short clip (about 30 sec's) then tried to email it. File of that short video clip was SO HUGE (165 Mg)that server refused it.

How in the world can I make a short clip that can be email'd?

Mike Orange G.
Unregistered guest
Help me please! I have a Soncy DCRHC30. Using Windows XP, I have tried PicturePackage ver. 1.0 and 1.5, able to install either version, camcorder hardware is found but when I attempt to write to CD-R, I receive error message that there is not a recordable CD-R in the CD writer. Also, ver 1.5 seems to cause XP OS instability. Any ideas?

Mike Orange G.
Unregistered guest
Help me please! I have a Sony DCRHC30. Using Windows XP, I have tried PicturePackage ver. 1.0 and 1.5, able to install either version, camcorder hardware is found but when I attempt to write to CD-R, I receive error message that there is not a recordable CD-R in the CD writer. Also, ver 1.5 seems to cause XP OS instability. Any ideas?

ANDEE
Unregistered guest
I AM GOING TO COMPLAIN TO SONY..ALL THE PROBLEMS
WE ARE ALL HAVING IS COMPLETE BS! NOT THAT COMPLAINING WILL DO ANY GOOD

Ameer A.H.
Unregistered guest
When I try to add my sony handycam as a new hardware, the original disk "delivered with my camera from local agent" is accepted and everything is OK with MICROSOFT MELLINIUM. But the roblem is that the setup is not completed in WINDOWS XP.I tried several times but I faced the same problem. I've contacted my local agent and he told me to contact you.
Many thanks and best regards.

YOURS
AMEER A.H.

Unregistered guest
When I try to add my sony handycam as a new hardware from the CD delivered from local agent with my camera, everything is OK with WINDOWS MELLINIUM but the problem is that the setup is never completed in WINDOWS XP and some sort of error occurs . I tried several times with sevral editions of XP but the same problem . What should I do and I think the problem is in the CD.

yash25
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have lost the driver CD which came with my sony DCR TRV 355e. Can any one help me buying a spare one or a link from where i can download the programme.
please please help

Unregistered guest
I have Pixela Image Maker 1.7 which came with my JVC camcorder. When I try to burn a CD it will not allow me to vary the burn speed from the max x40. The burn speed box only contains this one speed Can anyone help with a solution. If I burn at this speed nothing comes out.

Unregistered guest
I am looking for ImageMixer Ver.1.5 for Sony DVD Handycam software to download onto my computer, using Windows XP. Can somebody help me?
Leon from South Africa, Pretoria

Unregistered guest
I am looking for ImageMixer Ver.1.5 for Sony DVD Handycam software to download onto my computer, using Windows XP. Can somebody help me?
Leon from South Africa, Pretoria

Unregistered guest
I noticed a lot of people got problems with burning. My old cd-burner worked fine but died and now with my new one it is not working anymore, it says CDR not found. I've tried the update but this is also not working. Can someone please help? Many thanks in advance

Username: Digital_man16

Hey i just got my DSC-S40 and it says "turn power off and on again", everytime i do that it says the same thing! Does anybody have any suggestions? I really need help on this! Thank you if you helped!

moragamur
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have Sony TRV140. I want to create DVD from Sony Tape. Insatlled the Pixela software and driver. Connected the TRV140 using USB cable. My computer XP recognized it. I have to make a small file 1 by 1 one. But I did not get sound at all. What is the problem? Do I have to do any setting?

antoniooo
Unregistered guest
hi. I also have that camera (sony dv ....mpla mpla) and i want to ask if anyone knows how can i hear and copy the sound. I use imagemixer 1.5.
I have no problem with the image. I can see and make a copy of that but i can't even hear the sound.
be on the tapis to get the sound from a different connection?

antoniooo
Unregistered guest
aaaa my email address:
coconaros@yahoo.com
thanks

Username: Romieroach

Hi I bought the dcr-dvd201 software but I do not have the disk. Imagemixer sofrware that is ver 1.5. Is there anyone that can give me links to this. or obtain a copy from somebody? I will pay for it. Thanks. email me at champion_lover_forever@yahoo.com

Username: Bibincjoy

PATHANAMTHITTA, KERALA INDIA

help me
i bought a sony dcr hc42e recently. but unfortunately i missed the cd so was the picture package. please help me . can anyone post me the picture package ver 1.5 by attachment to my mail joelsibybin@yahoo.com. please help me . i would be thankful to you.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7002
Why not buy the software yourself? You can do better than pixela.

What Software @ Berny?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7020
Ulead, Adobe, Video Director, Pinnacle...all better than pixela.

Username: Jkaustubh

Pune, Maharastra India

Hello, when i want to capture all the movie from my Sony cam to my p.c. it records maximum 10-15 minutes of video and writes that it's not enough free space in my hard disc, but there are ~23 GB of free space in my hdd. what's the problem? (when capturing, i used 'normal' quality)

Post Number: 3
is there a difference between dcr-dvd201 and dcr-dvd201E. My cam dcr-dvd201 does not detect on my pc. error comes up saying there were problems with the usb driver. ddxa1010

Username: Khemraj01

hi,

can anyone pls suggest me how to download software from internet for my Sony DCR HC21 camcorder, I lost my installer CD.

pls I am stuck without it..

pls reply me in khemraj01@gmail.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 7206
Go to Sony tech support.

Buy the software.

Or you can buy a different photo editing software like Photoelements.

The best thing you can do is actually buy software.

Username: Khemraj01

thanx Berny...

Username: Quincyzr

You all are doing better than me. I cannot seem to add music. It says drag over music file but program won't accept files. Please help!

Gold Member

Post Number: 7453
Make sure that the music is in the right format.

Username: Owensie

Hi,

I have pixela installed on my friend's PC, downloaded the movies, then copied them to DVD and tried to play them on my Apple but they wouldn't play.

I tried using CD/DVD. Do I need to install some file converting software?? Any ideas ??

Username: Maribago

The "not enough free space" message probably refers to space on a specific partition on the hard disc. Not space on the DVD disc and not space on the disc where you've originally stored the MPEG video. Be sure your temp directory disc (typically C:\ by default) has 150% of the size of your video files. Worked for me.

Username: Cmh1780

Help, I have tried to download video from my DCR PC5E camcorder to my PC using the ULead software and it tells me that no capture driver is installed? I am running out of hair to pull out, please advise

Username: Nitinjak

Hello, when i want to capture all the movie from my Sony cam to my p.c. it records maximum 10-15 minutes of video and writes that it's not enough free space in my hard disc, but there are ~23 GB of free space in my hdd. what's the problem? (when capturing, i used 'normal' quality)..pls reply to nitin@iitcoman.com

Username: Cmh1780

When I try to download DV from my Sony DCR PC5E to win xp via a firewire Ulead tells me no capture device detected??? I have spent 2 weeks via Dell support and Sony support to no avail----Pleeeeeese help me

Username: Tpurankar

I got same problem as "nitin jakaty ", I feel this is pixela sw bug and we need to upgrade it to latest version.
I need to place lots of my Video caps to the CD/DVD.

Pls help people if anybody knows about this.

Username: Maxlancer

Hi, new here, I just got a Sony DCR-HC21 camera, Im trying to make videoCD, but as soon I put a blank CD-R on my CD Writer it tell me that my Drive is empty, what could I do?

Username: Melona

Hi, another new boy here. I am also trying to download DV from a (PAL) Sony DCR-PC5E Camcorder to a Toshiba M45-S355 Laptop, with Windows XP-home Edition software, via a 4-pin Firewire, using the Windows Moviemaker software which came with the Laptop.The computer will recognize the Sony DV but will not transfer any data. It also takes a helluva long time to think about it. Any GOOD advice would be most welcome.

Username: Abutsafe

Abuja, FCT Nigeria

Hi, I have lost the driver CD which came with my sony DCR TRV 340e PAL which I bought from South Africa in November 2002. Can any one help me with a link from where I can download the programme.

Please help

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11273
Type in "Pixela" in a search engine and you will get plenty of hits.

Username: Emel

Johannesburg, Gauteng South Africa

Have got Pixela 1.5 and Win XP. Can't get sound to stream via USB from Sony Handy Cam to Computer. Can anyone help???

Username: Abhijit

BangaloreIndia

After installin ImageMixer for HDD Camcorder for DCR SR 40 XP is not starting. is there any solution for this

Username: Computergeek

Hello, Allot of the problems people are having with the software sony provides with its camcorders is because the software does not work with windows XP service pack 2. Which all new computers come with installed and other people installed because microsoft listed it as a critical update. Even Pixela says its software will only work with the basic un upgraded operating system. So the Your either stuck without being able to make your movies or purchase a different brand of software or go out and purchase a video capture card with a firewire port. Till Sony gets tired of the complaining and fixes the problem or they end up getting sued. Maybe if we get everyone to keep calling them and complaining they will come up with a fix.

Username: Gerrit

Hi, I've got ImageMixer DVD2 (upgraded from software provide with Fuji FinePix). Whenever I try writing to DVD/creating disc image, it gets all the way through the 'editing contents' phase, but when 'creating disc image' it gets varying amounts through this task and then the progress window just dissapears. It is then as though you never clicked the write button......with the exception that there is a new empty blank folder called DVD image in the location specified for saving the disc image!

Can anyone help?!? Many thanks!

Username: Computergeek

Hello, I am able to make movies from my Sony DCR-HC32 without a problem by using a I:link also known as firewire cable connected to my computer. With Windows XP Pro. Once the Computer sees the camcorder. MicroSoft Movie maker pops up and captures the whole tape or just the parts you select. With different quality options to save hard drive space. You can edit, save either to your hard drive or to a DVD or even back to the camcorder. It does basically everything that Pixela does without the head aches and Movie Maker is free and comes supplied with any version of Windows XP. The Fire wire cable must be purchased seperately. But is worth the cost. It can be found on E-Bay for $6.00. Be sure to check your computer to see how many pins your fire wire port uses. Mine was 6 and Sony uses 4. So I had to purchase a 6 to 4 pin cable. But the increased speed in the data transfere and over all improved quality of the transfered video makes it all worth while and it works better than USB for those who use thier camcorders as web cams. I hope this information helps those who are tired of dealing with Pixela Picture Package.

Username: Parantapudu

Hi All,
I have a sony camcorder DCR-DVD201. It records the media to a DVD-R/RW disc.
The product was shipped along with its USB driver and Imagemixer Version1.5 for Sony DVD software.

Unfortunately i lost the s/w CD and adding to it my harddisk also crashed.
Can some please let me know where i can get this software from?

Any pointer's on this would be helpful.
Thanks
Anand Vardhan

Username: Liquor

Capetown, Western Cape South Africa

Hi I have a Sony DSC-P2 DIGITAL CAMERA and I hve lost my Pixela Ver.1.0 CD to download on to my computer to send photos to my family overseas, can anybody please help me with a download of this system, kind regards Mike Meyer
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us