Fashion Photo Shoot with iPhone 3GS Camera

Username: Admin

Post Number: 7991
The guy from fstoppers.com shows us how a professional photo shoot can turn out with an iPhone 3GS camera (not even an iPhone 4), the right lighting and photoshop touch-ups. See the video below...

Also, you can view a slideshow of the edited/unedited images on flickr.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1677
so apple does pay you

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23085
Lol.

Actual physical human beings as models will be a thing of the past soon anyway. CGI and advanced graphics will just replace the highly paid super models you see now on fashion mag covers and such. Why pay someone a million $ for a shoot when a dozen super geeks and their computers can easily generate the perfect female/male form for a fraction of the cost?

At first technology was used to cover/hide our flaws on print. Soon it will replace us altogether.

Beauty will only be a few clicks away.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1679
I hear ya Paul. Even in some games these days - the women characters just look sooo amazing (in a non perv way).

Ever played that beach volleyball game for xbox???

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23088
Don't have Xbox.

On a side note anime is HUGE. Why?

You figure it out lol.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4520

quote:

CGI and advanced graphics will just replace the highly paid super models you see now on fashion mag covers and such. Why pay someone a million $ for a shoot when a dozen super geeks and their computers can easily generate the perfect female/male form for a fraction of the cost?....

....At first technology was used to cover/hide our flaws on print. Soon it will replace us altogether.

LMAO. Paul, I say this to you as your friend. Your pessimistic foreboding about like, everything, is starting to frustrate me. Do you really seriously think that that is what's going to happen? I honestly read that post, and you sound like a lunatic.

I don't think we will see anything like that in our lifetimes or the next. Avatar, Xbox volleyball chicks, sure the technology has come a long way, but if you're having trouble telling if it's real or animated, you might need to get your eyes checked.

Animation could never, and will never fully replace models or actresses. People don't just want to see a beautiful picture of Gisele Bundchen, they want to see her walk down the runway live, on the red carpet with Tom Brady, go to her book signing, read interviews in magazines....

Really, your prediction sounds like the plot of a futuristic sci-fi flick to me, rather than a practical prognosis for the reality we live in.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3520
As soon as I read Paul's post I chuckled a little bit also.

Not going to happen anytime soon I can guarantee.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23091
Lol settle down guys. I'm not referring to EVERY image or video we see but simply computers play more of a roll in the final product with each day. It all started decades ago with Playboy's airbrushing of its' models. It's gotten so bad that they actually look fake at times because of the perfect skin and enhanced eye color/contrast. Fashion mags everywhere now employ photoshop gurus whose sole duty is to alter what you see. Some women are so unrecognizable after the process it's not funny.

They can take 20 lbs off you, make you a red head, change your eye color, fix your teeth and remove that wart you've always hated. In the end is it really you then?

And my eyes are fine. I can tell the difference between animation and a real human. All I'm saying is someday many of us won't because of technology and where it will be say, only 10 years from now?

And do I really sound like a lunatic? Man that's borderline hurting my feelings.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4523
Paul, I don't think you are a lunatic!!! I posted that last night after happy hour with some coworkers, not that I was drunk, but my post was definitely harsh and smug. My apologies.

My disagreement was really with the part about models being a thing of the past. I think that might be a bit of an exaggeration for the near future. The amount of airbrushing and computer alteration that can be done though is certainly pretty extreme. I guess that's where the paparazzi come in handy! Can you imagine if there was an average looking chick who blew up as a model with the help of computer altered photos? She'd be exposed in a heartbeat with all kinds of unedited pictures in the tabloids.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14513
so apple does pay you

lol

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23092

quote:

Can you imagine if there was an average looking chick who blew up as a model with the help of computer altered photos? She'd be exposed in a heartbeat with all kinds of unedited pictures in the tabloids.

So you haven't seen all the "celebs without makeup" runs in the tabloids? Man, some of them look down right horrible. But see that's my point. The fact that we expose them to be "real" and not the perfect symbols we see in the magazine ads taints our view of them. In today's world we can make almost anybody look, sound and act great. It's a shame but look at Susan Boyle. Fantastic and natural singing voice but no stage presence. They tried to doll her up but it failed. And sadly that means she'll be heard far more than seen in today's superficial world.

It's just becoming far too easy to digitally create things we adore that we are slowly ignoring reality. Video games, music, Hollywood, fashion, ect. Kids today are learning the wrong message, and it's because other ppl are getting rich off it.

Shouldn't a child be playing baseball rather than on the Wii?

Shouldn't people learn to recognize/appreciate true musical talent without auto tune or a stage full of supporting dancers?

Shouldn't we learn that beauty is a trait not dictated by a mouse or piece of software?

No maybe you can't remove the human side of what we love but in my eyes they are sure trying to.

That is all.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23093
P.S. I think the old man in that clip looks damn close to the real thing. The other two need work but he's freakishly close to it.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1683
Pretty cool

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1684
hell yea!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass