No more cable company sticking it to me

24.99 1st year
39.99 2nd year
120 channels

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22073
Not bursting your bubble Sean but my experience with DN was horrific at best. Anytime a sat company boasts channels look at what you're getting. It's probably a lot of stuff you'll never watch. Plus DN service is almost non existent. I had my dish blown out of alignment and lost signal during a storm one day. Called them up and sure enough they would send a tech out, in a couple of days, for $100. $100 just to raise the dish and tighten a bolt. Then my receivers crapped out on me after only a year or so. I was told it was MY equipment so I would have to fork out the $$ for new ones.

Plus my signal was NEVER strong in the first place, even after they came out and adjusted it. Light wind or rain meant it was DVD time. SUCKED during football season. And snow? Forget about tv all together.

I have Direct TV now and have to say the sig is MUCH better and I don't lose picture unless the damn sat is ripped of my chimney. Even during the last blizzard we got (I'm in the Northeast) didn't effect my picture at all.

Just be cautious of inviting channel packages from them. DTV is similar also but at least you can still watch tv when it's raining out. When they say 120 channels they also include home shopping networks and a ton of misc crap you'll never watch. I have DTV's family package which also offers 120 channels. I get my locals, cartoon networks, weather channel, about 10 shopping channels and a handful of others. NO ESPN though which meant I missed every Monday night football game this year. NFL network isn't included either. There went Thursday's games as well.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13368
I hope my experience isnt bad like yours was but I get espn on my package deal but to be honest I never watch espn. They did also have every other channel I was looking for. I get my local channels too.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1400
and good luck with hidden/surprised charges!

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13369
like what?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22076
Like a $3 fee for a magazine you'll never get. Or a $5 per receiver "service" fee which you shouldn't have to pay because it's your equipment right? Doesn't matter because if it breaks it's on you so why pay a service fee? It's all hidden so beware. I'm one of those fools who just opens my bills and pays them. It took 2 years before I noticed all the fees that were charged for crap I never either wanted or ordered.

Just like when I noticed my gas bill tripled one day. I called them up and asked what gives. They said it was an error that must have happened during a reading. They suggested I pay it anyway and that I would be credited on my account. ARE THEY FLUCKING NUTS??? Just give them my $$ because some azzhole screwed up a reading?

You HAVE to watch for crap like this. It's EVERYWHERE!!! Your phone bill, credit card statements, even the douche ringing you up at the local Walmart. Ever wonder when they swipe multiple items through the scanner how many times it's wrong and nobody notices? I swear it's taught to them how to do it.

***Looks at receipt at home for 4 tubes of caulk I bought when I actually took home 3***

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1148
lol there's hidden prices everywhere, I went to this new fast food place by my house and i usually just get my receipt and change and toss the receipt with out looking at it, So one day while i was waiting for my food i looked at the receipt and there was a drive tru tax, i was like wtf they want to make money out of everything nowadays.....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22080
^^^Yup. You'll also be charged a "Dine in tax" on occasion as well should you eat in. They also force you to do the math to determine if the "value" combo meal is really a deal. Many times you're better off getting the sandwich, fries and small drink separately. The large fries is subject to the employee's attitude at the moment and since it's free refills why spend the extra $1 for the larger cup? Suddenly that $4.95 value meal has just cost you $9 in the drive thru for a large cup full of ice and a large fry box HALF filled with 2 hour old fries. I hate waiting in that line anyway. Park it and make sure you get what you pay for before you're 5 miles away.

like my man Joe Pesci said: "They f uck you in the drive thru!"

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15971
Regarding TV providers..I have a few homes and had/have/do use em all...

The worse by far is Verizon Fios...then Dishnetwork...2 companies that really suck with all kinds of hidden fees and extremely poor customer service..

The best , without a doubt,...Directv (DTV) and Comcast cable...Comcast is up front, and NO hidden fees, and their support is excellent always...Directv is a close 2nd...and both usually have great reception as well, regardless of the weather..

If going with satellite, ya can't beat DTV...Dishnet (DN) is far behind in all areas...(programming, channels, costs, taxes, support, hidden feels, etc)

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13371
They must have changed things because they told me what fees there were and I dont own the equipment but theres a $6 service fee after 6 months if you want any problems covered. The problems get fixed for a discounted $15 with a 60 day warranty. As apposed to $98 per incident without it.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1401
also a fee if you don't have a telephone line connected to your sub 24/7

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13372
Ill call them about that since all I have is a cell phone.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13373
They would have charged if it was before feb something but they dont anymore.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1402
Just make sure bro...they told me the same thing - but it turned out they only adjusted the fee for that month. It was back on the next month's bill.

I have DN service at home as well....its not all that bad. I don't get bad reception at all when it rains or snows. I just got about a foot of snow in the past couple of days and my dish is working perfectly fine. I personally never really had a lot of problems with service of the channels.

For me, their lineup is not that bad. I use other boxes to get channels but i have a DN receiver for my parents (international programming). Their receivers are legit and quality isn't bad. I just don't really like their customer service - and their retarded hidden charges.

Other than that, they aren't too bad from my experience. I never had DirecTV - so I really can't compare it with them. However, I do know Dish Network's international package is way bigger than DirecTVs. I don't know if that would make any bit of a difference to you. They have all the other regular channels and premium channels etc...

Pricing is indeed a bit high when you want to go into the premium channels though.

Anyways, just compare pricing/channels/support with DirecTVs and see what fits your budget.

Good luck!

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13374
For a comparable package direct tv was like 22 dollars a month more expensive after the 12 month intro. I had direct tv before and everything was cool with them but im not paying 62 dollars or whatever after the special is done when I can pay 39.99 through dish network. plus the 6 dollar fee after six months for any issues.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10772
i have Cox Cable....

ghey. that is all
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us