This is why I watch...

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4236
...American Idol. I can't help it. Does anyone else? I know there's a ton of BS, and a lot of the contestants are wayyyy overrated, but every season there are a few gems as well. Andrew Garcia is one of those gems, amazing.

Skip to 1:40

Skip to 0:50

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22067
I flucking hate Ellen. I really do. I think her humor is dry and corny and her fat azz sister "Rosie" can both share the same ship to hell lol. Not because they are both carpet munchers but because they are both boring as hell (and ugly). Not to mention I haven't a clue as to why anyone thinks they're funny at ALL.

Ok, all opinions aside of said "hired" hosts.....

My opinion of American Idol has diminished over the years. At first I thought it was a great way for "average" Americans with talent to showcase what they have to offer. Now it's just another way to exploit them, for profit.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22068
Funny irony here. Usually Hollywood picks the physically appealing out of the crowd and gives them a "talent" with the help of modern technology to make the most $$$.

With American idol you take the ones with actual talent and give them the physical appearance (thanks to Hollywood) to cover up what wouldn't pay in the long run. Minus I would have to say Carrie Underwood. I flucking love her lol, body and sole.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4237
HA! Paul, you are such a cynic it cracks me up!!

Aren't both sides kind of getting what they want? I mean these people are getting a ridiculous head start into exposure and a fan base that most aspiring artists never achieve despite years of hard work and grinding at it.

I don't know what to tell you about Ellen. I haven't seen enough of her on the show yet (1 episode) to determine if she's a good fit. But generally speaking I find her show funny when I've seen it (which isn't much). At the same time Rosie O'Donnell would probably make my top 10 list of people I can't stand the most. So I can't say I think the two of them are similar at all, other than the one obvious similarity.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22069
Yes Idol gives some deserving ppl a head start, and in some cases a full blown career right off the bat. Those out there with hidden talent because they don't "know" someone are indeed what I like about the show. Soon after the show exploded though you started to see the $$ take over. The producers did any and everything to boost ratings. All the drama between the judges and more and more air time devoted to those who actually sucked hairy nuts took time away from the real talent. What that did was flood and dilute the pool of contestants with everyone and their retarded sister trying for their 15 minutes of fame, even if they knew it was going to contribute to the weeks' worst contestant.

Not to mention the voting scandle just never sat well with me. (As if anything Hollywood is pure/honest anyway I know). You could just tell after the first season when Kelly Clarkson won the writers went apeshit. I see pictures of her on billboards on the AC expressway when I go to gamble. She's made up like some pole hugging sl@t begging for it. Yet I remember when she won. She was as innocent as anyone could be before Hollywood/fame could get to them.

And Rosie will always be a pig in my eyes. Oink to the 4th power. Ellen, I don't know. Besides what I said earlier she just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

^^^^^Yes I walked right into that lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10754
dude, i watch these auditions and my eyes fill with tears of joy for the people who make it. I could watch these vids all day. One of the most emotional auditions i have ever seen was on Britain's Got Talent, and the guy's name is Jamie Pugh. AMAZING. the emotion in that room is second to none. you can't script sh1t like this.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10755
and Andrew Garcia has some serious RAW REAL talent. it seems like no matter what he sings he just lulls you into the imagery of the words put together. albeit, they are written by someone else, but his voice is truly entertaining

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10757
the way they keep showing the next commercials it looks like Andrew Garcia is upset. fucked i hate the way tv can misconstrue things. and i think mary needs to die. that is all.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4239
lol.... who's Mary??

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10758
the crazy b1tch with the short red and black hair from the Dreamers group. who made it through. lol last group to go up.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4240
Oh I haven't watched it yet tonight. DVR b!tch.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10759
well, rest easy. They don't show very much of him, but Andy Garcia makes it through. SPOILER ALERT. woops.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4241
Yeah he's going thru. Every season there are a few people that you can tell are gonna go thru to the top 24. They're good singers, likable, and just based on the amount of airtime they give them and their bios. Andrew Garcia will be there, Jannelle Wheeler (really attractive and talented), and "big Mike" the guy whose wife was giving birth over the phone, I'll bet they all make it to the big show.

I couldn't agree more about Mary Powers. She's like a kid in high school who tries way too hard to be cool. Only she's an older, more pathetic version. Everything about her hair, makeup, and clothing, makes me dislike her.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us