NCAA Tournament

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2464
Who are you favorites and number 1 seeds?

i think UCONN will be the overall number 1 seed. with Oklahoma, PITT, and UNC to follow as the other number 1's.

I dont think there will be all number 1 seeds in the final round like there was last year tho..

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3710
I don't know about the tourney yet, still a lot of big games to be played before then.

I am however PUMPED to watch Pitt vs. Uconn tonight!!! Pitt has been really hot lately, we'll see if they're a legit contender or not tonight. They'll have their work cut out for them, Thabeet is a shot blocking machine.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3712
WOW!!!! What a game. Certainly the game could have been different if Dyson was healthy, but Dejuan Blair flat out PUNKED Hasheem Thabeet. Just bodied the hell out of him in the post, Thabeet looked really rattled. Pitt is absolutely a contender.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3770
I'm 11/12 so far... missed the Clemson/Michigan matchup.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1825
clemson made it a game in the end - harris played well for Michigan but almost blew it with the turnover around the 2 minute mark. that gave clemson the momentum at the end - u of m barely hung on

i did well yesterday but illinois messed me up. they played like absolute shiit the whole game but had a good run in the end.

i have michigan state winning it all (kind of hoping and wishing) but they are finally healthy for the most part

realistically - i think that PITT is going to take the national championship - they are the most dominant team when they are playing their game

dont count out the orangmen either. jonny flynn has the ability to completely take over the game.

you never know come march. i love it

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3773
Wow i'm doing pretty f@#$ing well so far...

26/28 thus far. Second one I missed was Dayton over West Virginia.

Better believe I picked Cleveland State over Wake Forest... they're up 29-12 early :-)

Western Tuck > Illinois was obvious to me, an overrated 5 vs. a HUGELY underrated 12... and you know Illinois lost Chester Frazier (their best player) like a week ago.

I picked Pitt to win it all. I don't think your Michigan State pick is that crazy, they are one of the deepest teams in the country, and in a crazy unpredictable tournament, that's just that many more players that can potentially catch fire.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11206
Fucc my bracket.

That's all I have to say.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3278
So far Ive missed 4 :-)

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2493
Robert Morris #1!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3775
I'm owning. I'm in 1st Place in my 55 man pool, 1st will payout like $400 or so if I can hold on.

Got 15 correct outta the sweet 16, Florida State being the one I missed.

I picked Gonzaga to upset UNC in the elite 8 though, which I'm extremely nervous about... wasn't planning on Ty Lawson being this healthy...

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2497
you picked cleveland state over wake? that was a good pick.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3778
Yes I did. My secret to success in recent years with the NCAA tourney brackets has been to pick who you think could GET upset, and not to worry about who will do the upsetting. Wake, Illinois, Utah were all prime to be upset, so who they were playing wasn't as important to me.

All the prominent higher seeded teams are going to get SOMEONES best shot, because the lesser teams are all hungry as hell, dying to pull the upset, just gotta decide who's sketchy enough to give it up.

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1829
i played against jnathan bullock who plays for clevland state - he was a monster

i did not pick clevland state to get out of teh first round though

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5026
big win for mizzou last night great game though. cant wait to c them play uconn but pray uconn will win lol. But lets go louisville

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3795
Terrible couple of days for my bracket... I had Memphis > Missouri, KU > Mich ST., Zaga > UNC, and Syracuse > Oklahoma.... wow.

SOMEHOW, I am in 1st place still out of 55... I'm not sure that I can even lose anymore I might have it locked up...

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1847
lets go then MSU. im in first place but i kind of f'd my bracket this weekend too

i had oklahoma beating UNC and PITT in the final

ILLanova is looking nice right now. i knew they were good but they definitely suprised me

but i was correct in having MSU and Uconn in the final four

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3799
My bracket was DECIMATED this weekend, and I still might win. I worked out the math, of the 8 scenarios left, 4 win me 1st, 1 wins me 2nd, and 3 win me 3rd. Top 3 get paid so I'm in the money.

Kinda shows how dumb the scoring is in my pool, considering I have ZERO of the final four teams... I'm just riding my huge early lead from owning the first couple rounds.

In my pool you get the Round # (1,2,3,4,5 or 6) multiplied by the Seed #. So Arizona for example alone scored 36 points for me cause I picked them to win their first two games. Cleveland st. another 13 points, western tucky 12 points... kinda cheap.

Rewards you too much for picking early upsets and not enough for picking the teams that go deep.

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1848
ya that is a funny way of scoring for sure

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3818

quote:

i have michigan state winning it all (kind of hoping and wishing)

Daniel Bonham is looking pretty smart right about now :-)

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1856
haha yes sir

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 6342
top 99.9 percentile for my bracket!

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/entry?entryID=4433902

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3290
Upload
I won 2nd place in my group. Good enough for me

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1797
Hey most the tops seeds were in the top 4 ..and UNC, the heavy favorite, won...there were really no surprises...and pickin heavy favorites and top seeds, ain't no biggie..

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 6344
Picking Michigan State over UCONN or Louisville isn't "no biggie"? GTFO. There were plenty of upsets throughout the tournament to suffice.

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1802
That was the only major upset...OK , U named 1, I'll give ya that one......but overall most all teams did as expected..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us