Neighborhoods printing their own money?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19199
What do you all think?

http://consumerist.com/5102038/neighborhoods-propose-printing-their-own-currency -to-encourage-local-shopping

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 10080
communists....

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10801
That is absolutely retarded imo.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 164
^^^That can't be going good places.

Gold Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 1169
Their trying to get people away from walmart and large chains stores

$100.oo buys $110.oo of funny money that can be used only at mom and pop stores uptown small shops

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

You choose to be ignor...

Post Number: 1365
Our town has done this for a few years now but only during the holidays. i think we call them "Holiday Bucks". I don't see why this is a bad idea at all. It does exactly what they want it to here. I think many of the small businesses in town would be gone if it weren't for it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19232
I see it's uses and drawbacks. Great for local businesses. Yet how many times would you be left with a few funny dollars in your pocket you didn't get to spend?

Every time I went to Canada and exchanged money for local use I ALWAYS seemed to come back with a few dollars in Canadian that I just didn't deem worth taking the time to exchange back. There goes your 10% discount.

Not only that but since the "holiday" money would be of much lesser quality currency it would only take a weekend for some able few to quickly and accurately counterfeit it thus HURTING the ones it's supposed to help.

Just a thought or two.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 165
Would it not be alot easier to just have a 10% off sale than going thru all that?

I was thinking the same thing Paul. Just get ahold of one piece of the currency and find a good printer.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19235
You'd be amazed at the quality of todays laser printers. I mean even the micro printing gets picked up today. At first glance with the right paper.........

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 6247
obama is probably supporting it. redistribute the wealth, baby!

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 3094
Huh. Says two neighborhoods in Milwaukee... I haven't seen anything on the local news about it though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us