Serious question

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2665
So me and a few guys from work went to the local strip club a few weeks ago and I met a girl working that was pretty cool. Well I went back again and talked to her a few more times and ended up getting her number and we hung out a few times outside of work. Shes really cool and I defiantly enjoy being with her. I told her I couldnt date a stripper and she said she wouldnt have a problem quitting stripping b/c she only does it for extra cash so that cleared up the only problem we really had.

Well as most of you know I have a girlfriend that Ive been dating for almost a year and a half and if you havent figured it out yet, Im in a delima. Would I be an azz if I told my girl i wanted to take a break to see whats up with me and this girl?

I cant cheat on her, I just cant so I have to tell one of them something soon. Emily or "Summer" (her stripper name) knows I have a serious girl and isnt trying to break us up but is interested in dating if I decided to try it out. Ive never been in this situation before and I dont know what to do. Does anyone have any advice?

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10009
I would stay with your current girl. Everything you have said about her is nothing but great. And she is a very cute girl.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3366
Tough situation. I guess you have to ask yourself if you think you have a real future with your current girlfriend. If you do, I wouldn't let lust for a piece of a$s mess that up.

On the other hand, you're very young, so if you feel like your current relationship has run its course and isn't going anywhere long-term, you owe it to yourself to set yourself free. I can't stand seeing people stay in relationships just because they don't know what else to do or they're scared to end it (no idea if that's the case with you).

Funny, I too was actually considering asking my ecoustics comrades for some advice about a girl. Maybe I'll start a thread if people seem interested in giving you serious advice.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2668
See thats the thing. Me and my current girl are doing ok but she is moving a few hours away for school and Im about to start working 40 hrs a week, 12 hr days, and I dont know if we will see each other. Not that I couldnt handle distance but the fact that wehen we talk or hang out it seems to end in us arguing about my job and how during my 4 months of training I will be constantly studying and not have time to drive and see her and when I get out I will be working either every friday or every sunday and defiantly working every other saturday.
This other girl isnt just a piece of azz. Shes really cool, is like me in a lot of ways but completly different than me in others but I see that as a god thing. She loves to go out and have a god time but not get stupid, she gets along with my friends great, is supportive of me trying to be an officer and we click. But she hates my music genre and taste in movies and clothes. But hey, Ive been introduced to some good bands, seen some awesome movies Ive never even heard of (we just watched City of God) and the clothes... Oh well, shell get over it. I dont have a fuckin clue what I want and even if I dont kick things up with this other girl, I dont know if I can stay with my current girl if she isnt supportive of my future career.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17431
Wow Andrew I've seen this b4 and my advice has always been the same. The fact that you have another girl's number and such means you already have doubts about your current girl. Like Yanks said she's adorable and seems perfect for you but that's for YOU and only you to decide.

I applaud your efforts in keeping faithful to her until you both make a decision. I've been cheated on as a husband with two kids and short of performing open heart surgery with a spoon I can't imagine anything more painful. It's been 5 years and it still hurts.

You ARE young and will make mistakes trust me. Not saying what you're doing is a mistake at all. Just be honest and karma will take care of you.

Karma is raining on my ex as we speak. Has so the last 5 years.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3368
"(we just watched City of God)"

Well she has my vote. I'm a film FREAK and that is in my top 5 films EVER, possibly my favorite.

Back to the topic at hand though. Have you spoken to your current GF about these feelings you have? Maybe approach her about the doubts you're having in your relationship. If she freaks out and isn't understanding and just gets pissed, maybe that's your answer.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6305
either talk to your current girl about your future and see what happens with that, or just stay with her and keep the other girl as a friend.

my girlfriend of 3.5 years and i have had to live 2 hours apart for the past 11 months, were moving into gether next week though. anyway we only got to see eachother every two weeks on weekends usually, and it ended up working out.

or you could just pull a brad and have both

OT there are ads for stip clubs off to the side

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4118
I wish I had a gf....

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2671
My big thing is that she has such a negative attitude about us being apart and me becoming a police officer. I dont see things working out b/t us because of her attitude. I feel like she thinks were over already. She says she doesnt want things to be over, and I believe her but when someone has a negative attitude going into something, it normally doesnt turn out good.
Everytime I try and tell her that she gets defensive with me and its impossible to talk. Im between a rock and a hard place. I could see myself settling down with her but I dont know what to do. Im not thinking of leaving her b/c of the new girl, this started before her, she just would make it a little easier.

BTW, City of God was a great movie. As soon as I saw the subtitles and heard them speaking a different language I was turned off but Im so glad I watched it.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3371
"I wish I had a gf...."

me too :-( There's a girl in my life that I desperately want to be with, but I can't ask her out... it's complicated.

Andrew, it sounds like the communication has pretty much broken down. When you can't even talk about the most significant issues in your relationship, it's time for a break IMHO. Only you REALLY know the situation so I don't wanna tell you what to do, but if anything, time apart may be the only chance the relationship has.

Curious, what does your family think you should do? mom/dad? brothers/sisters? best friends? The "outside looking in" perspective sometimes sees things way more clearly, we just don't know you personally enough.

p.s. you know we think the long-standing GF is a hottie, you could always put up some pics of the new interest for an "evaluation".

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2674
Well me and my mom are not speaking with each other right now and my dad says if she wont listen to me and thinks Im ruining our relationship because Im becoming a police officer then maybe I should give her some time to think about what she wants.

On the looks of emily, she doesnt look as good as britt but that isnt a huge concern. Shes cute and all but not like britt. Im on the Q so no pics now. haha, sorry
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us