Am i too paranoid?

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20416
when i oil change my car, i use mobil 1 synthetic.

anyways, when i take it in to get it done, i have to watch them to make sure they use what i asked for. i get it done at jiffy lube alot cause they do it pretty quick. but i watch them to make sure they don't put regular oil and charge me for synthetic. am i too paranoid?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5452
Yes. I would start using amzoil and that way they HAVE to use your oil. You only change it every 15,000 miles and you just change the filter every 3,000.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 900
if you mean are you too paranoid because you sit there and watch them? hell no. those quick-stop places like jiffy lube are notorious for skipping steps and doing way less than par jobs. i don't ever get my oil changed at places like that, i always take it to my mechanic shop and have them change it if i don't have time to do it. i worked there for a couple summers and know all the guys personally and i still watch just to make sure.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20436
i know what you are saying gavin. when i take my car to jiffy lube, they like to check my cabin filter and other stuff. i tell them do not touch anything else. i even tell them don't even check my tire pressure. i tell them i just want an oil change and thats it.

its cause yesterday i was watching them and the worker (notice i don't say mechanic lol) was kinda giving me dirty look. lol. they put the right oil in there.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 893
places like that have a reputation of skipping steps and doing half a ss jobs. i will not even mess around with them.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20440
i would do oil change myself but just too lazy. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5457
ftl chadly.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1120
hahas, nah chad my cars a pos yet i watch anything i have done to it, i was so paranoid i had to have a chasis mount replaced i removed the whole woofer and box plus amps and pulled the radio fuse.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6211
just change your own oil it only takes like 5 minutes. i would watch them like a hawk make sure they actually change the oil and filter and that they dont forget to put oil back in.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3883
That's not paranoid Chad. When I get my oil changed I stand there wearing my Hell's Angels jacket while sharpening my machete Upload

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1468
Gavin what part of IL are you from?

I don't blame you for being paranoid. All those places like that, including walmart, always like to mess around with everything. If you don't tell them specifically what you want and don't want, they will go ahead and help themselves. My sister had a coupon for an oil change once for like $10-15. It ended up being like $30-40 cuz they started changing her valve stems and air filter. But she refused to pay for it and I think she got them for free (minus the oil change).

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7418
" You only change it every 15,000 miles and you just change the filter every 3,000. "

Retarded statement of the day. You change it when your vehicle's maintenance schedule says to. Mine needs oil and filter every 5,000.

BTW I use Mobil 1 as well and AC Delco filters. The best stuff you can get.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16165
Next time just politely remind them you've marked the filter.

Those places are fucked up. Makes anyone wonder how many miles their oil has actually gone without changing. My old truck had its' filter tucked way up inside the fender. You need a special extended bent wrench to remove it. Hell, half the attendants have to ask where it is. Mind you it's an F-150, the most popular truck in the world.

I can just imagine that grease monkey in the pit looking up and saying to himself:

"FUck that shit!"

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 2039
why dont you change the oil yourself? thats what i do?its not that hard.atleast then you know its getting done right.i dont trust anybody changing the oil in my truck but me.

my dad used to get his oil changed at penzoil till they put somethang in the oil fluid that wasnt supposed to be there.the brakes went out.i checked the oil fluid.it was green.almost cost 600 bucks to fix it but luckily.the brakes were bleeded out.then the master cylinder replaced and the brakes worked again.

they denied ever adding anythang.when they check most fluids everytime they change the oil.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6214
MS your statement was pretty retarded too if you want to get into opinions. for alot of older cars even older then say 98 manuals were before alot of the new oil technology we have today. Also it depends on how you drive it. With alot of the new synthetics you can get away with changing the oil less often but still keep up on the filter. 15,000 isnt something i would wait till even with filter changes. Oil is cheap and easy to do and is the lifeline of your engine.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13610
its ur ride so its not paranoid of u sticking around to see they do what u paid for .....

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15789
Exactly, there is no paranoia in that. You are looking out for your stuff. The way some places are cutting things down nowadays and not to mention some lazyass workers...you gotta make sure you are getting what you pay for.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20453
man i swear in this world you just need 3 good friends. a mechanic, doctor, and a lawyer. lol.

i used to change the oil myself and i think i will start again. i figured the mobil 1 costs around $6 a quart and if i buy by the case, its a bit cheaper. the filters are less than 10bux from the dealer. so it comes out a bit over 40 bux and thats a lot cheaper than paying 80bux at jiffy lube.

btw my filter is so easy to get to. i just need to jack up the car and its right there. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5479
do any of yall even know what amzoil is? thats what it is made for. learn before you call my statement retarded, MS.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6223
yes reece but if you ask me there is still particals in dirty oil that is too small for a clean filter to catch and personally i dont want that running threw my engine for 15,000 miles.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5484
fair enough, i've never had any trouble with it.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7427
" Oil is cheap and easy to do and is the lifeline of your engine. "

My point exactly...... why would you not keep up with the recommend maintenance schedule for how cheap oil and filters are.

Oh and as for that amzoil stuff, BS IMO. Nothings staying in my engine for 15k.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5485
And you have as much knowledge as the people who made and TESTED amzoil only to watch it smokw the competition. God you are a tool.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us