UFO's....Thoughts?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9069
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/ufo-photos-draw-national-attention/2008032922420999 0001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Real? Fake? Thoughts?

The picture looks fake imo. Yet I do believe in the whole UFO visiting Earth theory and in life outside of us.

Anyone?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15502
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2662
I think it's pretty close minded to think we are the only intelligent beings in the universe, let alone the galaxy. most people really don't understand how big the universe actually is.

I think the photos are fake.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15616
I don't think we are alone in the universe.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 887
I'm a firm believer that there's definatley other life out there. has it attempted to contact us? probably not. i'm not a "ufo hater".. but i want some solid proof. pictures are so easily edited now days that i just cant consider them proof.

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2663
where did sean's post go?

anyway, sean, just curious and this isn't an attack, but how does the bible explain dinosaurs?

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9076
I don't know where his post went. It was an interesting post to read.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15509
The UFO's are involved.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8701
"where did sean's post go?

anyway, sean, just curious and this isn't an attack, but how does the bible explain dinosaurs?"

I deleted it because I didnt want to cause an uproar....I havent personally researched this but I have heard a group explain it on wjtl 90.3 fm a christian radio station but I cant remember specifics...ill see what If anything I can find from them...ill also try to recap what I wrote before real quick

Gold Member

Post Number: 8702
ok basicly before...I wrote that we talked about the planets before in another post I wrote...and we know they are there and how they can get there science wise but also from my perspective bible wise in genesis 1:1 to 1:19 if you care to read it...and we also know that God created man in genesis 1:26 and 1:27 and woman in genesis 2:21 and 2:22 and one of the reasons I believe this to be human form is Jesus...and as far as the
ufo sitings I believe most of that is government experiments or people seeing things improperly and thinking they were ufo's and as far as the alien abductions go or objects they found from abductions they could be explained away fairly easily as well...The bottom line for me is I would have to see one for myself to believe it

Gold Member

Post Number: 8703
I didnt look for the guys I mentioned but heres a site I like to use and I typed in dinosaurs to get those results with a couple different sites
http://www.crossdaily.com/search/search/search.php3

and heres the first one I saw that I thought might answer your questions on the dinosaurs

http://www.creationbible.ca/index.html

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15512
Well the government did spend/hide billions of $$$ on area 51. Was it just an excuse for secret military advancement or indeed a cover up for extraterrestrial findings? To me common sense points to one supporting the other.

That all went out the window when highly detailed spy satellites became commonplace to any country who had orbit launching capabilities. 70's??

With every phenomenon there will be controversy. Swamp gas, reflective light rays, anyone with advanced video editing skills...ect....will always feed our "inquiring minds".

Remember crop circles? Some ppl today still believe in them. Kids in Kansas could probably show us all how to make one.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15513
To follow up I'm Catholic, just not a practicing one right now in my life. It's not that I don't have faith but that science has proven so much and will continue to do so.

Maybe because the Bible's original authors aren't around to defend their teachings? It's up to the followers and believers to do that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8704
"It's not that I don't have faith but that science has proven so much and will continue to do so."

are you saying that you think science contradicts the bible sometimes Paul

Gold Member

Post Number: 8705
Heres another possible good read on dinosaurs

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/what-happened-to-the-dinosaurs

"Does the Bible Mention Dinosaurs?
If people saw dinosaurs, you would think that ancient historical writings, such as the Bible, should mention them. The King James Version was first translated in 1611.16 Some people think that because the word "dinosaur" is not found in this or other translations, the Bible does not mention dinosaurs.

It was not until 1841, however, that the word "dinosaur" was invented.17 Sir Richard Owen, a famous British anatomist and first superintendent of the British Museum (and a staunch anti-Darwinist), on viewing the bones of Iguanodon and Megalosaurus, realized these represented a unique group of reptiles that had not yet been classified. He coined the term "dinosaur" from Greek words meaning "terrible lizard."18

Thus, one would not expect to find the word "dinosaur" in the King James Bible--the word did not exist when the translation was done."

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2670
that first site didn't work, the second one I couldn't find a clear answer to my question. all I found was some mentioning of mimicking animals organs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8706
for the first site type the word dinosaurs in the search and youll get what I found

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15518
"are you saying that you think science contradicts the bible sometimes Paul"

Sorry to say but yup.

Now I'm not changing what I believe because truthfully I think everyone who does, including myself, need that in their life. I just let science answer the questions religion doesn't. Contradiction maybe, but to me they are working together right now and I allow that in my head. We will NEVER know it all. That is MY belief.

Can science prove someday that we do?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15519
^^^Uugh that's deeper than Paul wants to go tonight lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8707
"Heres another possible good read on dinosaurs

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/what-happened-to-the-dinosaurs

"Does the Bible Mention Dinosaurs?
If people saw dinosaurs, you would think that ancient historical writings, such as the Bible, should mention them. The King James Version was first translated in 1611.16 Some people think that because the word "dinosaur" is not found in this or other translations, the Bible does not mention dinosaurs.

It was not until 1841, however, that the word "dinosaur" was invented.17 Sir Richard Owen, a famous British anatomist and first superintendent of the British Museum (and a staunch anti-Darwinist), on viewing the bones of Iguanodon and Megalosaurus, realized these represented a unique group of reptiles that had not yet been classified. He coined the term "dinosaur" from Greek words meaning "terrible lizard."18

Thus, one would not expect to find the word "dinosaur" in the King James Bible--the word did not exist when the translation was done."

read the page on that link

Gold Member

Post Number: 8708
im still reading it and it gets more intresting the further you read

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15520
"The Bible says, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge" (Proverbs 1:7) and "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" (Proverbs 9:10)."

I have problems with that.

I shouldn't fear the one who loves me, should I? I fear going to the dentist. I fear opening my gas bill in the winter. Should I fear going to church?

Respect yes, fear no.

I just picked it out. Sorry.

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2671
yeah I read that too Paul, it makes it seem like, when someone knows something and they don't want you to know it, they make you fear them so you won't ask questions, and you can only be as smart as they want you to be. you know what I mean?

sean, I read through a little over half that page, I was reading it actually right after you posted it up until now. All I have to say is there is a lot of speculation, a lot of "appears" "must be"s and "possibly"s though out that article. I would say that religion is guessing just as much as science does when it comes to this topic.

what they failed to mention, as far as I read, was that some scientists base how old a fossil is based off of what rock it is in. through science, we know about how old a layer of sediment is. I also don't buy the statement that said something about why all the dinosaurs are dead, something about it's because they got off the boat. That ignores the large sea creatures, as well, it seems like all the dinosaurs got off the boat or died soon after the flood was over, but all the animals we now know somehow survived.

I don't know, I think I made some of that confusing and I apologize.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8709
"The Bible says, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge" (Proverbs 1:7) and "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" (Proverbs 9:10)."

I shouldn't fear the one who loves me, should I? I fear going to the dentist. I fear opening my gas bill in the winter. Should I fear going to church?

Respect yes, fear no.

I just picked it out. Sorry."

no reason to be sorry...the very reason you say "I shouldn't fear the one who loves me, should I?" should raise a flag when held up against John 3:16...For God (The father) so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

or

Romans 8:39
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, (The father...I added again) which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

and many more that point to Gods love in his word but sometimes the deceiver trys to steal the good news...its not called that for nothing...ive been confused a little before too paul concerning that verse you picked out

Gold Member

Post Number: 8710
"are you saying that you think science contradicts the bible sometimes Paul"

you...Sorry to say but yup.

Now I'm not changing what I believe because truthfully I think everyone who does, including myself, need that in their life. I just let science answer the questions religion doesn't. Contradiction maybe, but to me they are working together right now and I allow that in my head. We will NEVER know it all. That is MY belief.

me...Well I believe that its mans understanding of the word that brings contradiction but "Truth" is Gods word and that is never wrong...and thats a good thing

We will NEVER know it all. That is MY belief."

me...true

Can science prove someday that we do?"

haha good one

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15546

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7623
Hmm...what a thread, it just seems it's drifting a bit from the OT. UFOs obviously exist but what they are I couldn't tell you. There are too many sightings and reports and "fishy" stories or events for other life forms not to exist in my opinion. As Thieves said most people don't realize how big the Universe is, we're like a grain of sand on the beach.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9082
Yea it did stray from the topic but I was interested in what Paul, Sean, and everyone else said.

Rob, when you say they obviously exist, do you mean that Unidentified Flying Objects obviously exist or do you mean that extra terrestrial controlled unidentified flying objects exist? I agree that they exist but I was just curious what makes it "obvious".

Gold Member

Post Number: 7624
Unidentified Flying Objects obviously exist lol, that's what I meant and they're controlled by something or someone but we just don't know who or what? Oh and Paul, you're wrong about crop circles, man made crop circles are easily detected with broken stalks as opposed to the unexplained ones that also have high levels of radiation or magnetism.

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2686
^as well, the stalks aren't broken, they are bent over.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1040
i looked at this photo pretty high xooomed and so on. theres just to much distortion between the background and object. it's clearly been altered. plus it looks like a reciever on a satillite. paul i agree science counterdicts the bible many times over. as far as how anyone should feel about that , beliefs are not gooing to change and the world isn't going to just crash and burn bcause your views are diff from someone else. now i only bring this up cause somewhere down the road theres one in the bunch that will get mad because u have different viwes then them. they feel they should recruit you and chnge you views. yet no matter how wrong they are they will quote themselves as doing the lords work. so just throwing it out there before any nit picking starts, leave ppl alone were talking about a topic not being "saved" by your crazy lunatic bible weilding azz.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3757
Yea, that telephone pole is deffinatly fake. Too many wires on it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8720
well as far as what I said Keith...I was just stating my opinion on the subject concerning the UFO's and replying to Thieves and Paul accordingly

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2691
the only people I really can't stand, besides those who go around telling everyone how to live their lives, are the ones that try to sucker you into a convo about God and Christianism. Then they say "I'm not trying to force anything on you, but you think if I invited you to come to one of our 'meetings,' do you think you would come?"

that stuff just urks me, there are a ton of people like that that creep the CSU campus daily.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7627
"i looked at this photo pretty high xooomed and so on. theres just to much distortion between the background and object. it's clearly been altered."

Anything will get distorted when using ZOOM and especially a "pretty high xooom".

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15619
^^^True that
There really is no point in analyzing a very small picture on the net and think you will be able to do a good analysis just by zooming in. You will have problems with pixelation and various other artifacts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7629
I actually started laughing when I read his post about how he zoomed in on the picture

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2362
Paul, that was the perfect post. I remember reading those when I was little. I have 3 of the big books and 4 or 5 of the slightly smaller ones. So classic.

I don't believe it. I do believe that there is life elsewhere though.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15600
Calvin is the bomb.

One of my all time favorite comics.

Upload

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1048
zoomed, xooomed, ah i make typos all the time noones perfect. anyway i understand the pixelation thing but that wasn't my point , the foucs in reference to the sky and telephone pole just don't line up. i work in photoshop alot and know when u mess with photos in photos. if ther resoloution isn't exact u get distortion or "noise" around the object. if you "zoom" xoom if your high and reading this, in. you can clearly see the sky back drop stay un pixelated why the image of the "craft" and the pole distort. these change pretty drastic to just be focus, that's what i was trying to say.

lastly sean i wasn't targeting you, i was just saying that in general.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7632
"zoomed, xooomed, ah i make typos all the time noones perfect. anyway i understand the pixelation thing but that wasn't my point , the foucs in reference to the sky and telephone pole just don't line up. i work in photoshop alot and know when u mess with photos in photos. if ther resoloution isn't exact u get distortion or "noise" around the object. if you "zoom" xoom if your high and reading this, in. you can clearly see the sky back drop stay un pixelated why the image of the "craft" and the pole distort. these change pretty drastic to just be focus, that's what i was trying to say.

lastly sean i wasn't targeting you, i was just saying that in general."

Keith, I've worked in Photoshop too and so has my cousin and a lot of my friends so that doesn't mean anything. I've also seen some of your "work" too...but I won't get into that. ANYHOW, if you're going to try to pick(bad pun) apart a picture you need the original source to analyze it.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1049
true rob and my "work" on here was. far from what my true talents with photoshop are. but as i was saying though it was just a opinion not a fact.
oh and when i said worked i meant i acctually had a job ding it at millenium graphics also known as school photo marketing. they use to scrutinize on distortion so that's what i meant.

Bronze Member
Username: Jblsince1989

Post Number: 24
We've been sending out UFO of kind to explore the farest reaches of our own solar system for decades Pioneer and Voyager probes.

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Quote from:Paul Larrea

Respect yes, fear no.

I just picked it out. Sorry.
Quote from:Paul Larrea

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15617
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Upload

I thought I saw a UFO last year as it turned out it was some type of balloon with candle inside it of sort? By the time I ran inside to grab the digital camrea and ran back outside it was gone! But it wasn't traveling fast it was moving very slowley towards my direction.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7672
http://www.history.com/minisites/ufohunters/

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15621
I hate the dentist.

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2701
haha, I wouldn't call our deep space satellites UFOs....mainly because they've been identified, but whatever...

Username: Will4992

NC

Post Number: 8
i think its almost selfish to think we are the only inteligent life forms in the universe. I do think UFOs have probably visited earth, but i think that photo is fake.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7674
"i think its almost selfish to think we are the only inteligent life forms in the universe. I do think UFOs have probably visited earth, but i think that photo is fake."

OF COURSE UFOs have been here, UGH. Why don't people understand that there have been plenty of UFO sightings and UFOs do exist. UFOs are merely unidentified flying objects and does not mean that they're aliens or from out of this world. They could just be planes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8741
"OF COURSE UFOs have been here, UGH. Why don't people understand that there have been plenty of UFO sightings and UFOs do exist. UFOs are merely unidentified flying objects and does not mean that they're aliens or from out of this world. They could just be planes."

yeah...and I just caught a show midstream yesterday on tv where MIT students were given four hours to duplicate a crop circle and they were successfull...they did it with an explosion using fire and magnetism using a magnatron (I think is what its called)...I cant remember it all but the other intresting part was they had a helicopter go up and survey the crop circle and to take pictures and the helicopter started losing power and had to make a quick emergency type landing...I assume it was from the magnetism but the so called experts on the show claimed they didnt know what caused it and that they had other reports like that I believe...they also mentioned in one report before the loss of control that one person lost a clear image on a digital camera right before the helicopter losing power

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
I flipping blind man could tell it was fake I wonder if ILM had part in it?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 7699
"they did it with an explosion using fire and magnetism using a magnatron "

Wouldn't an explosion burn the crops? Not to mention it would snap the stalks...not all crop circles are man made from what I've read and heard over the years, man-made crop circles are detected fairly easily.

"yeah...and I just caught a show midstream yesterday on tv where MIT students were given four hours to duplicate a crop circle and they were successfull...they did it with an explosion using fire and magnetism using a magnatron (I think is what its called)...I cant remember it all but the other intresting part was they had a helicopter go up and survey the crop circle and to take pictures and the helicopter started losing power and had to make a quick emergency type landing...I assume it was from the magnetism but the so called experts on the show claimed they didnt know what caused it and that they had other reports like that I believe...they also mentioned in one report before the loss of control that one person lost a clear image on a digital camera right before the helicopter losing power"

Imagine the insane strength of that magnetic field to bring a helicopter down that's high in the sky, pretty cool. If that experiment was the cause of the chopper coming down imagine what kind of weapons we can produce using that energy to bring enemy air-crafts to the ground. It may sound crazy but this technology may already exist. Pretty cool idea either way.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 8759
"Wouldn't an explosion burn the crops? Not to mention it would snap the stalks..."

they were concerned about the high risk of fire is what they said in the show so maybe I missed a detail of how they did it and as far as snapped stalks they had green spots on them but none snapped and apparently they wanted to see that outcome for some reason (the green spots)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 8760
they were running out of time to finish the crop circle and used the fire technique but they had ruled it out before when they were coming up with the plan before the actual challenge because of the high risk of fire

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
What a about a hot-air balloon hovering over the crops with a device fitted to it to flatten down the corn? I think Aliens like our produce they just can't get enough of it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 8763
"What a about a hot-air balloon hovering over the crops with a device fitted to it to flatten down the corn?"

not sure

"I think Aliens like our produce they just can't get enough of it"

LOL good one

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15672
"Imagine the insane strength of that magnetic field to bring a helicopter down that's high in the sky, pretty cool. If that experiment was the cause of the chopper coming down imagine what kind of weapons we can produce using that energy to bring enemy air-crafts to the ground. It may sound crazy but this technology may already exist. Pretty cool idea either way."

Tad off topic but I remember reading about a military weapon using a large blast of low frequency sound waves used to disorient and immobilize ground troops. Something along those lines.

THAT was years ago.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/accoustic.htm

Platinum Member

Post Number: 7744
Yea...I know about that Paul. I heard about that years ago as well. It causes cramps and you can't move or throwing up and such. Pretty neat.

Platinum Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9137
How about the giant ray gun? Anyone see about that?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15679
Ahhh the power of bass!!!!!!!

Platinum Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2722
^people put out fires with sound waves, FYI

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15646
more like shock waves.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 8770
"Imagine the insane strength of that magnetic field to bring a helicopter down that's high in the sky, pretty cool. If that experiment was the cause of the chopper coming down imagine what kind of weapons we can produce using that energy to bring enemy air-crafts to the ground. It may sound crazy but this technology may already exist. Pretty cool idea either way."

somehow I missed that when Rob posted it but yeah I think there was metal fragments introduced in some part of what the mit students did but im not 100% on that...to me the only explanation would be a magnetic field causing what happened to the helicopter...my concern was that the mit students were sitting in the field where they made the crop circle when they interviewed them toward the close of the show...some of them did seem to have SOME protective gear on at that time but not all

Platinum Member

Post Number: 7802
Well the magnetism would most likely interfere with the controls of the helicopter or the engine's functions. I'm not even sure how a helicopter's engine works now that I think about it haha.

Platinum Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1073
Rob they have that power it's called "EMP" Electro Magnetic Pulse. they use it to disable stuff in the military in testing alot i see it alot on and off tv. to Paul if u watch future weapons they have a sonic device to drive ground troops crazy in testing i think it goes into battle 2011.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 7827
"Rob they have that power it's called "EMP" Electro Magnetic Pulse. they use it to disable stuff in the military in testing alot i see it alot on and off tv. to Paul if u watch future weapons they have a sonic device to drive ground troops crazy in testing i think it goes into battle 2011."

I know all about EMP but I didn't know they were totally using it for defense or as a weapon. Paul and I already talked about the sonic device that you're speaking of in case you missed that some how...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15650
EMP is not being used as a weapon...offensive nor defensive, just yet. Its viability is still being studied, and the type of equipment needed to generate a pulse strong enough is still a few years behind. There has been talks about it, but still in development.

If all it's is good for is to knock out electrical power to equipment who are we going to use it on? Think about that.

If anything, the enemy can use it on us. Can you imagine the damage if the electricity gets knocked out in a major city? We are so dependent on technology to maintain our edge. We won't be able to get on ecoustics and post, LOL!

Now imagine using it in a country such as Iraq or Iran, perhaps?!?

Platinum Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1075
well berny i'm pretty sure any of thier weapons use some form of electricity to run, most engines use spark plugs of course to fire a engine over. so i'm sure there defense systems like launch computers and so on aren't just light a fuse and run like hell. so i'll bet a emp cannon would have decent effect on thier range of tools just as well as ours. but just a thought to throw out there if a emp cannon can be concentrated enough, whats to day we can't hit a in bound rocket. fry the rockets guts and make it self destruct? or at least kill it's guidence chip and take most of it's harm away. i was pretty sure though i seen something where emps were in the works and i never said it was being used as a weapon i said it was in testing. but i did phrase it wrong i meant to mention that it's use to disable stuff and so on but not like you would think. a nuclear exlposive device when detonated produces a emp wave i believe and thats what i was leaning towards as the result that i belive the military uses besides the nuclear part. a example of what i mean is the movie "broken arrow" they talk about the force of a emp wave taking out anything running like the helicopter in the movie. also please forgive some of my postings i been missing alot of sleep. like yesterdays postings was after not sleeping for 2 days. i was dealing with my ex on wed i barely slept then got woke up when trying to cause my friend needed to move. i went to his house worked almost half the night away then bareley got 2 hours sleep and was up till 1 am last night got a few more hours and i'm up now. as you can see not so great for posting.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15651
Yeah man, you need to get some rest, but then again, dealing with an ex is never a picnic. :-)

Actually my point was that our present delivery system for an EMP pulse is still a nuke...heh! And our current enemy, so to speake, are not conventional by any means. They are used to having the barest minimum to get by. They wouldn't even notice if we do knock out their power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
Has the corn in each incident been tested against the same crop of corn in the field where other corn as been untouched to see if there are any differences, Radiation for one?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us