Mom's new car.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 4853
My mom is looking at getting a new car. She has driven her S80 Volvo to sh1t and as hard as she works she deserves something nice. She wants either a convertible or a real sporty car. What do you all think she should get?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7017
Pontiac G8 GT

6.0L V8 FTMFW

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict ... Level 2 pre...

Post Number: 2330
Acura TL

Lexus IS F

Infiniti G/M <-- Upload

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1235
2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe Sport 6MT :-) man i would love to have on of those....

http://autos.yahoo.com/infiniti_g37_coupe_sport_6mt/

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 873
The Infiniti would be a great choice.. Such a nice car. and if she wants something more practical the sedan versions of that car are still bada*ss. definatley a step up from the volvo imo.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 874
Just saw Eric's post.. The TL is nice too. if you want sporty make sure you get the Type S though. They are pretty

The IS F.. is a little much for a mom's daily driver lol. but who knows.. maybe your mom likes to kick some ricer a*ss every once in a while. The IS is definatley a good choice too though.

Sedans:

Infiniti G37

Lexus IS

Acura TL Type S

Audi A4 2.0T

BMW 530xi (suggest the sport package)

Sports Cars:

Infiniti G37 Coupe

BMW M3 (Convertible option)

Honda S2000 (Convertible)

Jaguar XK8 (Convertible Option)

Nissan 350Z (Convertible Option)

Mercedes CL (Don't remember, pretty sure they make a convertible though)

Porsche Boxster/911 Carrera (Convertible)

Saab 9-3 2.0T Aero (Convertible option)

Those are all i can think of off the top of my head but that's a damn solid list.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1237
also the 08 Nissan Altima Coupe

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 563
BMW 335i

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15548
Porsche...there is no substitute:-)

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2748
650i convertible or the new tt roadster

haha convince her to get the m6 (not gonna happen if she's anything like my mom) they are so fast. my buddy's 330xi was in the shop for a week or so, so he had a m6 has a rental (idk how the fluck he got that as a rental) but that's the fastest car i have ever ridden in. it was outrageous. 130 felt like 80.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14900
Let "mom" pick out what she likes and wants!...and fits her budget and needs..

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7558
"Let "mom" pick out what she likes and wants!...and fits her budget and needs.."

C'mon if Reece let's his mom pick it out she'd be riding me around for years!

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

New quote coming soon, North carolina

Post Number: 998

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15306
Ooooo that ain't right.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The poster formerly kn...

Post Number: 3011
VERY nicely done Rob.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict ... Level 2 pre...

Post Number: 2331
zing! lol. wll Gavin pretty much named them all...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4860
Yeah she is in love with the BMW 650i, Mercedes SL550, and she also likes the 335i convertible. She wants a convertible (I think) and she doesn't care for something that can fly. I've tried talking her into the M3 instead of the 335, but she insists she doesn't need something that fast. I've pushed the 911 on her, but she owns preschool centers and doesn't feel like she should drive something that obviously flashy to work. She wants a convertible though so most of these sedans mentioned are out. Ya'll did come up with some rides I had forgotten about, though.

I guess I'll just keep trying to push the 335 so she will at least get SOMETHIN new. Plus, the one we looked at tonight is sick!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4861
The CL would be sick, but they don't make a convertible. She doesn't want a real small coupe or convertible. I'm also trying to push the Mercedes C63 :-) haha

Silver Member
Username: Alex_smith

Post Number: 118
id say if shes going for sporty convertible then the Z4 M is the one id go with.

or even if that is too much just a regular Z4 convertible.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14901
With the money U make it sounds that she has...mom can hire a private driver and limo full time..the least of her or your worries is which expensive car to buy...sounds kinda vain to me!

how about she buy a simple mustang and cut the rates for all the working parents in the child day care centers she owns..

Username: Iguanad0n

Post Number: 1
^^how about you shut the fucc up! BTW, no investigators have contacted me. Wonder why??? Oh I know why...cause youre full of shitt. LMAO

Gold Member

Post Number: 4862
The Z4 is too small. She wants something that's not cramped.

LK, just GTFO, dude. You are such a tool. Some people like and deserve the finer things in life. A 45 year old business woman would look ridiculous in a Mustang. Keep your opinions to yourself if you can't say anything worth reading. Your sarcasm is rude and unhelpful. Take it where someone cares.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2527
SLK55 AMG?

Username: Iguanad0n

Post Number: 2
yeah take it where someone cares. like the satellite section, oh wait nevermind, no they dont. no one does. you can go die now and no one will notice or care.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4864
Hell yeah Iguanad0n. No one likes LK.

I thought the SLK would be alright, but she said she would feel claustrophobic in it. Not to mention she wouldn't step up and get the AMG. Grrr.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2354
look into the bmw 1 series ... its sickkk

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14909
Geez, this is interesting..

here we have the banned iguanadon, back again using a new nick, after being banned for disclosing peoples personal info,,,and now back bashing people in his 1st post back...he's a real asset here!

then we have Reece, who takes offense at a kindly suggestion, that his wealthy mother help the needy instead of wasting money on an expensive unneeded car..

2 self centered peas in a pod, the way I see it..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4873
Haha sorry my mom has worked hard to provide herself and her family with nice things. She deserves ANYTHING she wants whether your old, cynical azz thinks is "needed" or not. This is coming from the guy who brags on a web forum about how incredible his life is. The same guy who boasts about his excursions with celebrities and such. GTFO, man. My mom has 170k miles on her car. She has every right to something new.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15554
So Reece, the last time I checked you were looking for suggestions on a car and not opinions on how to spend your money nor comments on how people live their lives, correct?

Some people just cannot help pushing their crap on someone else...just ignore it.

Anyway, back on topic, what else have you guys looked at? I think the Lexus SC 430 is very classy and not too high profile, it's got that understated elegance (at least to me), if that is what you are looking for. It comes in convertible.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 564
my first choice would def be an M5 - they are so sick

335i

it is very nice and very fast - twin turbo 3.0 litre

they made changes for the new M3s because the 335i is so fast

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19624
dodge viper.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7031
" Your sarcasm is rude and unhelpful. "

LMFAO that has to be the funniest comment I've read today due to who it's coming from. People who live in glass houses.......

Gold Member

Post Number: 4878
Haha, Chad, could you see a 45 year old woman in a Dodge Viper? As awesome as it would be, I don't think its going to happen.

Berny, you're the man, haha. I like the new SCs but we haven't had a chance to check them out.

When I said sporty I think I was misunderstood. Not sporty in the sense that it will torch 90% of the cars on the road, but sporty looking but still tasteful with class and style. Berny described it perfectly.

I am really trying to push the 335i convertible because as previously mentioned they will tear the road apart and they are still pretty economical and not too flashy.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1242
Aston Martin DB9 Volante

http://gallery.aquareal.ru/data/media/55/Aston-Martin-DB9-Volante-sa-1024x768.jp g

that convertible looks sicks. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4880
I actually looked at Aston Martins, but I doubt my mom would drive something that flashy and even all the '05s and up were going for like 130k+.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2752
my friends dad has a sl550 convertible and HOLY SH!T that thing is a monster haha...cant even imagine the sl65 amg

but yea, i think either the 6 series convertible or the sl convertible would be a nice damn car, my aunt has the jag xkr or whatever convertible but i dont really like those i'd rather have the bimma

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 875
Ah.. I didn't think about the 335i. that would definatley be a solid choice. If you do go that route you have to go with the sport or premium package but...

imo if you're going to spend that much you might as well just splurge and get the M3. i mean she might not want a car that fast.. but a fast car is still only fast when the driver wants it to be. plus i just love the look of the M3.. so i'm kind of biased lol.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 876
cal does she have the older body style or newer? i agree.. the old ones are kind of ugly. but have you seen the 07s? my goodness.. those things are beautiful.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-XK-COUPE-RED-HOT-UPGRADES-7K-MILES-PRISTINE_W0 QQitemZ370036318542QQihZ024QQcategoryZ6276QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2755
o hers isnt the brand new style. the first time i saw one of the new style one's i thought it was an aston martin or somethin

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 878
it does look like an aston.. or a maserati. but yeah those things are slick.

final vote for me: M3 convertible

Gold Member

Post Number: 4900
I thought about pushing the an 06 Maserati convertible, but they don't look as good as the Bimmer imo. It would be tight to say you drove a Maserati though, haha. As for the M3, its like 20 g's more than the 335i convertible. The M3 convertible isn't even out yet though. She would definitely get the 335 loaded including the premium package and some nice wheels. She wanted the SL550 but she just can't justify spending the money when she can get everything she wants out of that in a 335i. Both are fast as hell, hardtop convertibles, and great looking rides.

Username: Automech

Jersey City, NJ USA

Post Number: 4
I'll go with 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible or Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible. Such a nice car, also auto body parts of the car are reliable.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4987
my mom wouldn't be caught dead in a vette... that would be badass though and the eclipse just... eh...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15019
I'll tell ya, there are many VERY wealthy classy women in their 40's - late 60's, driving vetts all over Florida..

Silver Member
Username: Eldog

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 159
Jaguar XK8 Convertible.

Jet Black with terra cotta leather. 20'' inch blacked out wheels.

Nuff said.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4997
its not about it not being nice enough, its just not her style and she doesn't want something THAT fast. the jag is so sweet, haha. nice taste.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2255
my mom has an SC 430. i love that car. she loves it also.

Silver Member
Username: Eldog

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 161
That Cadillac XLR whatever color would be a great choice for her too. IMO

Gold Member

Post Number: 7657
When does she plan on getting this car Reece? Around September prices usually drop a couple thousand.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5016
Well she's in the process of opening a new preschool so she's not in any rush. I'll let her know that even though I think they go down because new body styles come out (correct me if I'm wrong) and she wants a new body style.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7670
"I think they go down because new body styles come out (correct me if I'm wrong) and she wants a new body style."

Yea, that's why.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5023
Figures. Maybe she can just get a new '08 that is the same body style.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us