Best Catch Ever?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8212
http://youtube.com/watch?v=U9zFJpNylqE

You don't even have to click the link to know what I'm talking about. I've been thinking about it since I saw it and have been wondering is it the best catch ever? Not only best catch ever, but one of the best overall plays ever?

What are your guys thoughts on it?
I've narrowed it down personally to being one of the top 3 plays I have ever seen in my lifetime. Some of you older guys here, share some knowledge with us. If you can, find a video of the catch you think is better.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1410
Not gonna lie to you, I nearly sh1t myself when I saw that catch. The whole play was unfuckingbelievable.

How about, the Immaculate Reception? One of the greatest plays ever.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1411
Wow. I tried using the word "sha t" and it wouldn't let. You gotta be kidding.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8215
For those who don't know the immaculate reception:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=07zsdF0ysP0

But I don't know man. The immaculate reception definitely came to mind when I was thinking about it. It was an incredible catch no doubt but I think Tyree's catch was better. As for the overall play, I gotta go with Eli and Tyree. The whole combo of Eli evading 3 players and then firing a strike to Tyree who caught the ball with his hand and helmet is incredible.

Tough choice but I personally go with Eli and Tyree.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1413
Well, seeing as how I have a morbid disgust for Raiders, and their fans I still go with the IR.

I am also a Steelers fan so...

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1781
Lynn Swann's Superbowl X catch ranks up there.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The poster formerly kn...

Post Number: 2751
Best catch ever would be different to me than most amazing. The Immaculate Reception was more of a flukey, luck based thing, whereas Tyree was an incredibly skilled catch, as was Eli scrambling to make the throw.

T.O.'s TD catch for the niners also comes to mind where he got got absolutely smashed by 2 or 3 guys right as he caught it, but somehow held onto the ball....can't seem to find a vid :-(

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 13125
I can't find it but I always loved that Swann catch when he leaped up out of bounds, caught the ball and somehow came down in bounds. It's on a bunch of highlight films. I've seen some amazing ones from Hines Ward also. Receivers of today AND yesterday are just amazing.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 17806
i thought eli somehow pulling away from being sacked was more impressive. that catch was awesome though.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 17807
that was my favorite superbowl moment though. there were chips and peanuts flying all over the place. i got too excited. my aunt got pissed though so she made me clean it up. lol. i was at my uncle's house watching the game. everyone was drinking except for me. stupid cold.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14690
Awesome catch, no doubt.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids like my rhyme...

Post Number: 3863
I mean you can't discount TB evading four defenders and throwing a strike with a man in his face. That being said, the play was rather lucky. The Lynn Swann diving catch is another one, but it wasn't nearly as skilled as Tyree's. The fact he kept that ball from being knocked out by one of the best safetys to play the game while, at the same time, keeping it from hitting the ground is beyond amazing.

Yes, its the best catch ever.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7832
"there were chips and peanuts flying all over the place. i got too excited. my aunt got pissed though so she made me clean it up. lol."

that just made me laugh so much after reading it chad

Gold Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 1203
i dont know how many of you watch the packers. but here was a lucky catch lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dQrqiFIKI

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8257
I remember watching the Jamie. Incredible catch

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 3006
One of my favorite catches ever. I am a huge Niners fan. I remember this like it was yesterday, I practically jumped through the ceiling.

Young trips over his center, almost falls, gains his composure and fires a bullet to TO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3C4P9O20Qk

Silver Member
Username: Eldog

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 125
There's no doubt these are some great catches, especially T.O's catch but:

Dwight Clark's leaping TD catch from Joe Montana with about 55 seconds left in the 1982 NFC Championship against my Dallas Cowboys at Candlestick Park.

Remember that game very well, not a good day.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 3026
I was only 2 when that happened but I have seen the replay a bunch of times. The original "The Catch".

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13408
Yup. I remember watching Montana on Monday nights. I loved his come from behind abilities. He just always shocked me. He's also a humble man. Good quality.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 127
Joe Montana, another local hometown product. Went to Ringgold High School which was one of our division rivals. The Ringgold Rams.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13440
It's nice to be from the steeltown isn't lol?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13784
what about Antonio Freemans Catch on MNF?? That was crazy

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13785
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mev1FA5BFLw

^^Nice

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1464
Dude, that was an amazing catch. Not to mention the QB standing in there and taking a fat hit. Damn that was beautiful.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 129
No doubt Chauncey, that's the tightest catch I've seen to date. Amazing concentration and skillz to keep the feet in bounds. Dayyyymmmmnnn !!! G@y azz Jeff Garcia took a shot too. Unbelievable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us