GOING OUT OF BUSINESS

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1882
http://money.aol.com/investing/companies-that-may-disappear-in-2008

Ok, not going out yet but its really interesting how some stores/companys we know , and are popular, may not be here soon.

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1775
Who would've known these companies were that bad off!

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5883
interestibg

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 13084
Both my mother and brother in law work for Sears.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1776
No problem Paul. They'll just change the name to Don Quijote! Would you believe that's a Japanese store? Hopefully whoever takes over keeps all of it's employees.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1884
outsourcing sucks. People lose jobs and recieve pay cuts b/c of it but the the owners they are only concerned about the $$$

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1679
sears is g@y.my mom got her identity stolen on a sears card,they ran it up over 1000 dollars.she called and they said ok we will take the money off,they keep sendin here bill of over 200 bucks extra on the bill.she called back and talked to the main manager.he said u are paying 135a month,this is my company ,u pay what i want u to pay.when the bill should only be 15 a month

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1886
never liked sears for some reason but it still sucks that people might lose their jobs... The country is going downhill slowly but I'm still proud to be american

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5991
Sears can't go! Where would we get craftsman tools!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1778
Yeah M.S., craftsman tools are great! They'll just change the name to hombre de los artes tools!

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2225
what about ford? huge blow. best trucks made imo.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids like my rhyme...

Post Number: 3850
pretty sure quite a few of these companies are supposed to bounce back in big ways this year...

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5886
the enconomy sucks its in recession, eventually it will bounce back.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1852
I don't think it's going to bounce back. It's all about the oil peak, my friends.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids like my rhyme...

Post Number: 3854
cam... you're from canada... you should know there is a shitload of oil under ya'll. there's enough oil for us to not have to worry about it for a while. just depends on when we are going to tap that source.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5892
If AMD goes, there will be little to nothing holding Intel back on price gouging :-(

We would be looking at big increases in cpu prices if they go south.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1853
Yeah, man. The problem is the EROEI ratio. It's not economically viable to replace the 30:1 (energy returned:energy invested) that our current methods/sources average. The sands/shale or whatever are only about 1.5:1. The economy and all these big box companies depend on cheap oil. What would happen to the price if we were getting most of our oil at a 1.5:1 EROEI ratio?
Computer chips take oil to produce, I'll have to check the number.
Here it is:
"According to the American Chemical Society, the construction of single 32 megabyte DRAM chip requires 3.5 pounds of fossil fuels in addition to 70.5 pounds of water. Source"

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14674
Time to sell some stock :-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13105
My brother in law is a salesman for Sears. He used to do strictly heating and air. Now they are offering kitchens and bathrooms. Also siding and windows, plus roofing.

They're trying to dip into the home improvement market. There's a market for it even though the building industry has taken a severe slash to the wrist. I know this because I'm involved in it.

There's money in it because Sears has a well established name and every time an elderly widow needs something done to her home she thinks she can trust the company that's been around since she was a kid. They don't like contractors, they scare them. Problem is Sears subcontracts the work out to those very same contractors and marks the labor up even more. They don't care. It's Sears. Plus Sears offers such great credit deals. No payments or interest for two years. Ppl hard up jump at that.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1894
"They don't like contractors, they scare them"

The people building a .5 million dollar house across the street from us just had their contractor rip them off... He was building about 5 upscale houses and had gotten a good bit of the money from them already and built him, his daughter and another relative a house, not under his business name. Once those houses were built, he filed bankrupcy and lost those 5 houses and his work tools.... But he got 3, ALMOST free, houses out of it. Sad, sad world.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13123
That's what even larger building companies do. They build and build, sometimes solely on credit. Then when the homes don't sell and the venders start knocking they jump ship and bug out. Trigger shy home buyers don't help either. Even after the contracts are signed.

It's also part of the market right now. Everybody has bills to pay and whatever it takes to keep those hammers swinging.........

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1904
My dad built our house himself, minus the bricking, tile, harwood floors and carpeting, everything was done by him so it took us a lot longer b/c he had his 8-5 job also, but we got it done exactly how we wanted it and cheap as he!!. We saved 180K according to the appraiser.

But me and my buddy were talking last night.... Ford being an import? That just doesnt sound right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us