Mechanics or car savy people lol

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1959
i need to know where the car computer is located in a 1994 volkwagen jetta have tried looking for it with no luck :-( please and thank you ;)

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1329
What, did you fry your ECU? That's going to set you back a couple hundred bucks.

I don't know about VW's, but ECU's are usually located under the hood somewhere. If you see a shielded black box with a bunch of wires going to it, that's probably it. Don't take my word on that though.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14520
Try the base of the windshield next to the wiper assembly. There should be a long black plastic or metal cover that runs the entire length of the windshield covering the ECU..

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5822
in a few cars iv needed to get to the ECU they were up under the dash on the inside of the car. some on the passenger some driver stuff. i dont know about a jetta but that is where i would look.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

RD 1000.1D with SI MAG...

Post Number: 17197
mat is a car savy person that is why he replied.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1960
no its not fuccked up one of my dad's friend is a mechanic sorta lol and he's trying to hook up the scanner to it plug some codes into it but he oesn't know where its located at :-( thanks for the advice guys

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

RD 1000.1D with SI MAG...

Post Number: 17218
np ray. pwned.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5824
im better with boat engines then cars but close enough. iv done work on enough cars.

by the way ray did you find it? also look between the center console panels under the dash area, thats where it is on one of my cars. and some have them under the hood right by the fuse box.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5725
The connector for the scanner is usually not on the computer........ it's usually under the dash on the drivers side.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6601
"The connector for the scanner is usually not on the computer........ it's usually under the dash on the drivers side."

Yep, dig around under the dash near the steering column and in those areas if you're going for an OBD scan.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us