PS3 help

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 3552
Hey I don't know how much you all know about troubleshooting my problem, but I've tried calling Playstation, gone through Playstations troubleshooting options online, and done everythign I can imagine possible to try to fix the problem, but I have been able to.

So here's the deal. A few days ago my system was working fine. I played it earlier in the day actually. Anyways, later that night the picture would not show up on the appropriate input channel, nor on any other input channel. I have the HDMI cord for the HD output and the original AV cables that came witht he unit. Because the picture went out I figure it must be my AV cables, because I used to have to plug in both the AV cord and the HDMI to get a picture. So I went and bought an S-Video AV set to use, in case the AV input on my TV was bad, I tried that and it didn't work. So after raging a bit, I took the PS3 up to my friends room and plugged it into his HDTV. With just the HDMI and the sound inputs plugged in the PS3 worked fine.

After all that rambling, I'm basically asking if anyone has any idea why it's not working on my TV? My friend has an Xbox 360 hooked up on the component channels and it works fine, so it can't be my TV's inputs. Other than that, any ideas?

Thanks, homies.

I posted this in the sub section too, but I know some people from other sections use the OT sections.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14346
HDMI 1.3 or previous version? There are issues with some HDMI versions and the interface between components. Make sure that all HDMI are all the same versions.

It could be some more simple too. If there is a video cable attached to a an S-Video input on one channel with multiple inputs, no other video inputs will be recognized or shown...for example, if Video-1 has an input for S-Video and Component Video cables, you will not be able to see anything at all.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 3602
i got it figured out, and actually i also figured out my HDMI input isn't bad, so i'm happy. thanks for the help man
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us