OT- once again fan placement on amp rack??

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 922
Ok I can't post my diagram pic again bcuz I'm on ma sidekick at work. But should I have the fans blowing from east to west or north to south?? The amps are black in the box normal I guess u would say not vertical or slanted they are horizontal so u can read the logos laying flat. So basically the wiring terminals are going east and west direction and the sides of the amp are at the north and south ends of the amp rack. If u dnt understand what I'm trying 2 say lemme kno so I can explain better

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6456
For the fans to work properly all you need to have is a push/pull configuration. One intake and one exhaust would be good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 923
Iight there is a heavy debate on pushpull threory so ima take ur advice on push pull because orignally I wasn't going too. But could I have one pushing a pulling on the same wall of the amp rack. Or opposing sides

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1570
opposing sides would be a push/pull configuration dwight

Silver Member

Post Number: 925
Ok so it doesn't really matter wether I go east west or north south bcuz thts my main question. Pluz I got the cool led fans so I want a lil flash thts why I was asking about the same wall thing bcuz the top wall can't be seen only the bottom wall

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1265
I'm still wondering if your amps will even get hot enough for it to matter?

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1627
"ima take ur advice on push pull because orignally I wasn't going too."

Damn, I wish I woulda suggested the push/pull method in the other thread... oh wait I did. Is my advice not as good as Robs? haha

Yeah, I would run them from the power end to the output end, which I am assuming that you are labeling n-s.

Nick, it could never hurt...

Silver Member

Post Number: 928
No its not bcuz I didn't want ur advice it jus seems as every1 is saying the same thing so I guess thts the way to go since u guys no more than me.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1267
Think of it this way Dwight, most high end fan cooled gaming computer cases all use the push/pull method. You don't have all intake and all outtake. You have some intake, and some out take.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us