OT- home theaters

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1452
well i just wondered what you guys have for home theaters i know paul's got a crazy one haha but im a senior in highschool and next year ill be in a dorm so i want a decent home theater to bring. but since itll be in a dorm keep it small, so i was juss looking for some advice. i dont really know what all it entitles. juss some speakers and a sub? do i need some sort of receiver? i juss dont know lol any help is appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: Gignmofo

Post Number: 81
If your are in a dorm... forget the sub... The floor n@zi's will get ya...

Even though check out the Onkyo products as well as Denon

http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=HT-S990THX&class=Systems&p=i

This one is a pretty good value and performs well.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2288
I have a dayton 12" in my room with the gain at maybe 1/8 and you can hear it 5-6 rooms down. If you do want a sub I would get this...

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=300-631

Its like 100 bucks after shipping and they sound ok. It's nothing special but it will get you the bump you want.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5219
My home stereo was too big to bring with me to college..... at home I've got a set of Techincs 3-way speakers, a Technics receiver, RCA cd changer, and I was working on building a sub for it out of a JBL sub and a plate amp. But that project's on hold for now.

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1453
well how about just in general? like an all around home theater system? you got the tv, a set of speakers, a sub, a dvd player, and do you need some sort of receiver or something?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12261
Yeah you do need a receiver if you want true surround sound. It decodes everything and sends all the appropriate signals to the appropriate speakers. Entry level receivers aren't that expensive. If you're not a true home audiophile the $250 off the shelf receiver will do. A basic starter system complete will be $500 or so. Receiver, surround package, DVD player and cables.

It depends on what you have/want/need.

I spent well over a grand just on my sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us