OT- ipod cable question

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1448
well my brother was atr bestbuy so i called him and told him to pick up an ipod connector for my HU because my friend has one that plugs rightinto the front of his stock HU. so he told the guy i had an aftermarket pioneer. so he gave him the cd-1200 ipod interface. and it ended up bein like 30 bucks but its gotta go in the back of the hu and i cant find my hu manual. i have the deh-680mp. any help? becasue i have a little headphone jack lookin plug in the bottom and i thought thats whatd it be, so i dont know what to do. any help?

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1566
is it direct connect? meaning there isn't a headphone jack on either side. it should have something that plugs into the bottom of the ipod if it's direct connect. in which case, you should just be able to plug the ipod connector in the back of the HU in the most obvious spot.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7389
u dont need manual...

wire the ipod connector...

then the ipod connector has a big wire that connects to the back of the headunit... power on yoru headunit and ull see the option there or u gotta enable ip bus on the menu

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1449
well the thing is the guy at BB said it should work with all pioneer models, but i looked on the internet and it had like 2 models and mine wasnt named, so i just dont wanna have to rip apart my dash to find out that it isnt even compatible lol

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1450
bump

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2322
you need this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-IP-Bus-to-iPOD-Aux-Input-Adapter-ref-CD-RB10_W0QQite mZ170182057698QQihZ007QQcategoryZ60208QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and... this

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEREO-3-5-MM-A-V-Y-IPOD-CABLE-3-5MM-TO-DUAL-RCA-FEMALE_W0QQ itemZ130187392732QQihZ003QQcategoryZ32833QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1569
those two won't even plug into eachother...would they?

either way, that sucks Alpine and direct connect FTMFW!!!

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2324
o yea, whatever, ya get the picture though

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1480
If your deck has a "headphone" jack in the back of the unit, which i'm pretty sure it does...then you dont need anything but a $3 "mini to mini" or "1/8 to 1/8" cord, basically stereo headphone cord on each side. Just plug it in and go.

You may need to hold the "Function" button on the HU for a few seconds to bring up the sub menu, from there you can turn the "aux" feature on if it isnt already on by default.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2327
^^^that works, but with my 680 i liked having the wire hidden and then it came out right where my ipod was, it was pretty clean, i guess i just liked that more

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1451
hey cal so u got a 680? because the end on that cable in the first link looks just like the one on the thing i have. so it just plugs into the back somewhere?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us