CD-R quality?

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 693
Are there CD-R's that will have better sound quality than another? Or does is mainly depend on the burner?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3301
No and no. Digital recording consists of X's and 0's. If the cd is recorded completely, there will be no difference in sound quality whether you used five cent budget CDR's or the best quality so-called "music" blanks. Now, how long the cd's and drive will last is a whole 'nother story.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2585
Brad, PM sent dude.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12224
I love the beauty of digital media. It can be copied and recopied a million times and never lose any of the original integrity, assuming all things equal.

I'm from the 80's generation so you know I've taped myself to death, all soon to be worthless. I used to buy blank audio tapes by the gross. Taping live radio broadcasts, making dubs of friend's tapes, making my own mix tapes, ect.....

I was a tape-aholic lol.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5697
hey paul you know you can turn those tapes into cds. iv got tons of tapes and vinyl i put on cd.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12229
Yeah but the problem is they've already degraded in quality. I'd be putting crap into digital format. I had a ton of old VHS tapes I threw out because of the same reason. Once tape pushes the 20 year mark it falls off the face of the earth.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us