Better Program than Itunes??? plz...

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1564
I recently got an external HD, I migrated all my music to it. When I tried to re-upload it back into itunes(I even uninstalled and re installed a newer version) a bunch of music got deleted or copied sometimes 3x over....this is really really frustrating, is there a better program rather than itunes?

thanks for any help guys.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14183
Thieves, I doubt that any of your music was deleted. Usually iTunes will reclassify them and rename them or put them in different albums. You have to specify to the program that you want to do the sorting yourself. Go to the preferences on your iTunes and go tot he "Advance" tab...I'm willing to bet that the "Keep iTunes music organized" is checked. If this is checked,the program automatically all your music in the hard drive you specified and organizes according to artists, album, year, etc. You will also notice in your hard drive that there are folders marked "Unknown Album" or "Unknown Artist". You will also find a new folder marked "Compilations". This is where your "deleted" music usually goes if iTunes cannot identify them or has not been tagged properly.

There are other programs out there but I haven't found anything more user friendly than iTunes.

I've tried Winamp, nice program but not very intuitive or user friendly. I've used Rio Music Manager, another piece of crap, sonic stage and don't even mention Windows Media Player...

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1534
Personally, I like Winamp much more.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3302
JetAudio

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1565
Berny, I looked and yes the "organize music" tab was checked, I unchecked it, before doing anything else, I looked in those folders: Compilations/unknown artists/albums, and found none of the missing music I was looking for. I have at least 5 artists missing, and at least 7-9 albums that are no where to be found.

Brad, what are the benefits, pros and cons of JetAudio?

thanks guys

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14185
Use the search function and you should be able to find them.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3236
I had the same problem last month. I was forced to upgrade from Music Match to yahoo player and it lost a ship load of my stuff too. Ive Now use my Phatnoise media manager. or that yahoo music juke box sometimes.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 3303
"Brad, what are the benefits, pros and cons of JetAudio?"

It is the best player/media center out there and is free so why don't you answer your own question?

http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/jetaudio/

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1567
I've already tried that, several times, several different key words on both the ext HD and on my comp. Nothing.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1568
it appears you can't sinc JetAudio with ipods...is this correct Brad?

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1573
bump

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 3304
No, Jet will not sync with an iPod because Cowon has their own player. I didn't read close enough to realize you didn't just want a media center. Sorry.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2603
sorry to hijack...Brad did you get my PM?

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1574
alright, cool, thanks for the suggestion anyway Brad:-)

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 3305
Yes Jesse I got the email.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us