Snowblowers

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2301
Anyone know much about em. My mom wants to buy my dad one bc she thinks he's getting too old to be shoveling. My brother and I do all the shoveling but I'm goin to school next year and only my little sister will be around.

What's a good budget for buying one? Where's a good place to buy one? What's a good brand?

From what I've seen, 700 bucks seems like it can get you a good one? I guess maybe a Craftsman from Sears? Good/bad? Little insight would be great. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

I support the Zac Davi..., Chicago

Post Number: 2520
why'd the snowman take off his pants?

cause he heard the snowblowers are comin to town :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12154
Stay away from the electric ones. They're nothing more than toys, and a pain. Go with a two stage and with $700 Sears sells some nice ones.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07188355000P?keyword=snow+blower

Nice electric start and 5 speeds. 2 reverse.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07188455000P?keyword=snow+blower

Better price, only 3 speeds and no reverse tho.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3220
I got a Power Shovel. (electric) Just for walkways. My driveway is so full of cars, I only need a few walkways to get to them. Sears Makes a good snowblower.

I had a Snowbird, But it was more trouble then it was worth.

And some vintage ones.

http://home.gwi.net/~spectrum/snowvintage.html

And a few V8 powered ones.

Upload

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12157
^^^That's priceless lol.

A tad out of his price range also.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1040
Holy crap, I didn't even know those existed. Kinda sad when a snowblower has more torque and HP than your car.

That is bad@ss.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12165
Lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14149
I gotta get me one of those...LOL!

But seriously Cal, the ones from Sears are pretty good. I'm pretty sure your dad would appreciate it, but don't ever tell him he is getting too old to be shoveling snow. Just tell him you think a snowblower will be a great idea and that you hate shoveling snow...yes even if it is obvious that you are going away somewhere.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 847
Awesome pics haha.

I like 4 stroke blowers, they seem to have more torque than the 2 strokers. When you get thick heavy snow they wont bog down as easily as the 2 strokers but then again I'm from Wisconsin.
If you have light snow there and not much room in the gayrage I would consider somethin small and lightweight. If you buy a 2 stroke engine try looking for one with that is oil-injected.

As for brands, I have no clue.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1489
X2. Mixing gas is a b!atch.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2306
"But seriously Cal, the ones from Sears are pretty good. I'm pretty sure your dad would appreciate it, but don't ever tell him he is getting too old to be shoveling snow. Just tell him you think a snowblower will be a great idea and that you hate shoveling snow...yes even if it is obvious that you are going away somewhere."

^^good idea, but haha i'm always tellin him how old he's gettin..jp...but yea he's so damn stubborn i dont even know if he'll use it but its worth havin on heavy snows i guess.

thanks for all your input guys

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 809
i been around snow blowers and my gf for quite awhile. i just blew some snow into her mouth about a hour ago. anywho, a few thing to really consider. first no electrics unless ur doing a simple small walk way. 2 make sure u get a auto mixing one. so as stated u don't need to mix oil and fuel. also electric start is extreamly good for a older pearson. my father has one that's both and in like -2 degrees one year he couldn't turn it over. so he plugged it in and bam no problem fired up one shot. his is one gotten at walmart back around 8 years ago it's like a 52 inch cut and built for alaskan snow conditions. heres the best advice u can get, i worked in seasonal at lowes for almost a year and a half. brands wise nthing cheap, no toshiba's or prle blowers cause they just plain blow. next check how big a cut you want, to small it takes more time, to big and ur not manuverable. a 22 inch is a fairly decent cut. for ohio snow i assume thats where ur at i think it's a mild wet snow so try a 2 stroke. with auto start and find self propelled. it will make snow cleanup a sinch. no sense in getting him a standard non propelled one or u might as well give him a 150 pound shovel. also very important make sure u got solid metal wheels and a strong auger. i highly recommend buy sheer pins for the auger so if he snaps one he's not stuck during a storm. brand wise, if u get one at sears u might get ripped a bit on price. if u buy at lowes they drop prices around this time, by feb lowes and home depot try to be into summer stock so hit them up and look at troy built, husquavarna? can't be 100 percent on spelling. and look at hondas. troy builts a lowes brand but pretty strong just get mid level model. lastly do not buy store brand only time i say to do this is craftsman by sears they are really good on plans. lastly a protection plan on these things is acctually a good idea. i hope all this helps you further.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us