Ot mechanics

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 726
kept telling my dad to quit adding oil to his truck,cuz it dont need it.he dont listen to well.he added 2 quarts yesterday,and im not for sure how much hes added since i changed the oil last.it doesnt burn oil,that i know of,if it does it burns very little,it smokes but its cuz it needs the valves replaced,most older chevys have this prob.Anyways i poped the hood and u could see where oil came out the stick u check the oil with,and looked down and it looked like it came out around a spark plug or it possibly busted the head to,but i am not 100 percent positive,it doesnt look like it drained down there fromt he stick but i may be wrong.u guys thank it could have damaged anythang?im letting it set for a while then im gonna check to see how much oil is left in there,if it has to much ima have to drain it out and put new in or get his azz in town to getr it changed.

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 726
was he checking his oil or just adding without checking it..if's it's lot ya need to add some of course....it could have a leak or burn oil. he could have a blown head gasket....or cracked head

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 727
it it's low^ typo

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 737
he checks it right after running it,w.o giving it time to settle,looking at the stick its got 2-3 quarts more than it should,it seems to be fine,besides smokin when u kick it and u can smell it to,but hes just gonna get it changed tonight and hopefully theres no probs

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5607
wait so your saying it was full to normal amount, and then he added two quarts??? ran it, then their was oil splattered under the hood???

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 731
BUMPIMG THIS AND ALL THE OTHERS,
TO SHOW US HOW MANY OT AND FS TOPICS CLUSTER UP OUR SUBWOOFER SECTION ON A DAILY BASIS
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us