I don't know how I did it but........

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11178
I just got a Nintendo Wii for only $249 on Amazon. My son is dying for one for Xmas so I told him he'd get one. Was I in for a suprise! 3 hours I spent looking online and always came up short. EVERYBODY said they had them in stock, yet click the links and get NOTHING. Not even an "I'm sorry", just not available or out of stock. E V E R Y W H E R E!!! The ones you CAN find are $450 and up. There's one used on ebay for $1000!!!!!

I was defeated. My family had already started buying him the games for it so I was faced with the unthinkable......shelling out that kind of dough for the next gaming system.

Then I stumbled across a page that said one was IMMEDIATELY available on Amazon for $249. I was superman with the keyboard in entering my info and payment. I thought it was a typo lol. I had to call Amazon's customer service and confirm that the purchase was legit. Even the service rep was shocked.

Sometimes it does pay to do the legwork.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2238
Paul Larrea, a god living amongst men.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11182
All I can say is "My son is getting exactly what he wanted for Xmas........priceless."

And I got it at list price.

If I was a douche I would wait one week b4 Xmas and sell it for $1000. My son would understand, right?

I spoil him though. He's 7 and has his own pc, 30 gig Ipod, PSone and two, cd players, tv, dvd players (portable and regular), vcr, DS lite, and more......all in his room.

If I was 7 today I wouldn't leave the house either lol!

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Murray, Kentucky

Post Number: 2064
theres a shelf full at our local walmart for w/e the list price is...if anyone else needs one and doesn't wanna pay 450+

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11186
Jordan, If the the local price is under $300 for the units close to you, I would pick every one of them up if I were you. They are this year's "item". You'd get $500/pc for them right now. More as the holiday season moves along.

I'd buy a couple right now if they were.....

They're going for $600+ on Ebay right now.

Jump on it.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13799
At age 7....Santa is suppose to climb down the chimney and bring the gifts, if they're nice and NOT naughty all year!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11190
Well my son is doing great at school, Actually listens to me, and seeing as he is a child part of a broken family is doing fantastic in adaptation. He's going to be a warrior, I'm raising him like that. He's going to have what he needs and more. Above all he will be appreciative, respectful, and responsible.

There are three types of ppl out there:

Those who lead
Those who follow
Those who wonder what the heck just happened

My son will NOT be a follower.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7099
paul, your an immortal living amongst mere mortals....

congrats on the buy....im going shopping tomorrow and buying as many Wiis as i can and selling them on ebay :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11193
Good luck Yanks.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13803
Paul...I was NOT implying your son was naughty...I was trying to point out that at age 7, Santa is what children should believe in, as far as Christmas gifts..thats part of being a kid...Santa, the tooth fairy, easter bunny, Superman, Halloween ghosts and goblins...kids need those fairy tales, stories, dreams, imagination...they have the rest of their lives to grow up and learn the truths..kids need to be kids..I'm sure your son is well behaved and a good kid, and has some adjustments to go through , which is common nowadays with the divorce rates..but I just believe Santa and all the other children stories are actually good for them in many ways..

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1630
Well with you as a dad, your son can't go wrong! You sound like a good father. Damn, when I was 7, I used to play with little plastic soldiers, and I had to make my own sounds!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12508
nice !

u should have bought a few & sell it back which would pay 4 all ur xmas expenses ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13811
Damn, when I was 7, I used to play with little plastic soldiers, and I had to make my own sounds!

Hawaiian...U still DO!...LMAO...whataya mean "when I was a 7"...hell u still beleive in the yankees and watch the hawaiian kids "kinnipopo" show

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11196
Naw I did't think you implied anything LK. I do spoil my son and have nobody but myself to blame for that. He's my only son and I spoil my daughter as well. There's just too many freaking shortcuts in today's world and I don't want my kids thinking they can always just ask for something instead of earning it.

I was one of 5 growing up with only my father working and my mother at home so you can imagine the selection of toys in my house. I remember a piece of copper pipe that had an "L" extension soldered on that kept me entertained for hours. I'd swing off tress, poke at things in the stream behind our house, wack through weeds with it.....

Kids find amusement in the silliest things.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2013
haha paul thats awesome man ,,

hows he liking the ipod?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11201
Loves it. I loaded it with some of his fav naruto and avatar cartoons. Keeps him quiet in the car as well.

He's seven and shows ME things with computers. They pick it up so fast. My 5 year old daughter and her 3 year old cousin can surf the internet and navigate freely on the teletubbies site for hours on their own. It's just amazing.

Gold Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 1017
Trust me on Christmas morning when your kid opens it he'll ask you to play and eventually you'll be playing it more than him, it truly is a remarkable piece of equipment, highly addictive and congrats on the buy.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11222
I'll breathe out when it arrives to tell you the truth. I'm slightly skeptical on my transaction. Nowhere on Amazon can you find one for that price. How did I just happen to pick one up at list price at this time of year????

I'm crossing my fingers and toes.

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12512
be sure to get him a SUPER MARIO GALAXY to play on that wii

...saw it reviewed on xplay today & the graphics & gameplay looked AWESOME !

...been ages since i played a mario game but when SMB came out on NES.... talked about being hooked like crack addicts on that game ....

Gold Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 1018
I'm pretty sure your good to go, but if it comes down to it. There are lots in stock over here, you can order one from here.

Super Mario does look really good and its actually cheaper than most games.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11224
Yup that's one of the games I got him. I'm glad it's a good choice. Almost everything I ordered for Xmas online is already on its' way to me. I might be completely done with shopping b4 December.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7142
your done with shopping and i havent even applied to the job in order to make money to spend to buy christass gifts lol

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3165
paul > superman

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11255
Man did I just get an adrenaline rush lol. Jumped on Ebay to see what was cooking. Found another Wii going for $299. Yes I jumped on it. It wound up costing me $385 after a bidding war but in the next two weeks these are going to be $750+. I'll be making some coin no doubt.

Boooooyaaaaaaa.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11261
LOL.Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11308
Picked up another for $350.

Someone needs to stop me.

They've increased in value on Ebay by about $50 or so in only a few days. Give it a week and the Wii will be $500. I may not see $750/each but should see some nice change.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Turtles have four legs

Post Number: 3466
Paul, thats exactly what I want to do TOO!!! lol. I was going to try to find some wii's local and sell them a week before xmas.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11324
Hope you find some man. I know somewhere in Iowa there's a store loaded with them at list price lol. Around here all you get is a laugh when you ask for them.

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12542
been reading the news & they say most retail stores simply cannot have enough stocks to sell because its going like hot bread

who woulda thunk Wii would outsell the other 2

Paul - somehow i get the feeling U r going to be playing that Wii u "bought for ur son" quite alot too ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11454
Cha-ching.

Upload

You guys are right. I played one at a friends house at lunch today. VERY addicting! Gets you active. I can see why the kids love it. The tennis was quite fun, so was bowling. Can't wait for Xmas!!!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7453
damn paul. ive told every one of my relatives to buy up all the Wiis they find and sell them on ebay and send me some of the money for the idea lol.

no one has found any tho :-(

i went to a store today to see if they had any just for the fun of it. turns out if i came 2 hours earlier, i couldve got some. their shipment came and went in 2 hrs :-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11481
Lol. They are ALMOST impossible to find. I tried.

I put a listing up on craigslist to see if they would go locally and already got several inquiries. We'll see........

Bronze Member
Username: Zxt

Post Number: 20
Wow! You could make a fortune of those Wii's...update us how it goes. Most prolly you'll end up getting one free.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us