Can no longer record tv shows of Direct tv from the dvr

Username: Oneotherdeb

Tonkawa, Ok USA

Post Number: 1
I was waiting to get some blank DVDs to get all the shows I had on our Direct DVR recorded for the kids and my Truck driver husband. Well now you can't record any tv shows or anything that was on the DVR onto a DVD recorder or VCR. It's really kinda dumb. You pay for the satellite or cable service, why can't the satellite or cable company give the networks their copyright fees. This really messes up how I get "my own " tv shows without having to watch the kiddie shows. Will there ever be a way around this?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3076
Yeah I hear ya. The reason DirecTV and others have gone to encrypting the output of the DVR is because people were recording pay channel shows from DVR to DVD and then burning multiple copies and selling them. There is a box called the SIMA CT2 Copy Master that hooks between your DVR and DVD recorder that defeats encryption and allows you to record as before. It is around $100 if you search around.

I know it sucks to have to buy something else to record your shows on DVD, but what can you do? There are other options and boxes that will work as well.... do a google search for something like "record directv dvr to dvd workarounds" and learn what the SIMA can do and about the other methods.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us