Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3589
Haha. I thought it was going to be a GMC Typhoon

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1053
Well, I figured the jet would win but it wasn't really a fair race. I thought the jet had to land.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Money man, blowin

Post Number: 2995
yeah that race is bullsh!t... i mean a jet pulling 20,000 ft lbs torque per engine versus a car?

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 673
yeah.. but still.. incase no one noticed, the car only lost by about 2 seconds. to a motherfluckin jet. that's just absolutley crazy.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2062
the race is pretty much set up to make the car finish a lot closer to the jet than it should. the jet wastes tons of time turning around unlike the car.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10852
I can only imagine tho what beast will replace the Veyron someday. 0-100 in 5.7 seconds????

Wow.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 675
Not to mention the car that paul speaks of will probably run on electricity. or vegetables.

Double Wow.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10854
Think solar Gavin. I've been saying it for years. Eventually we all will be looking up for our power.

Did you know on a warm sunny day the sun generates 1000 watts of power for every 3X3 area on the planet's surface? Imagine all the power we have been ignoring all these years.......

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 677
I've actually been curious about solar cars lately. with all this talk about hybrids and vegetable oil, they don't get much main stream attention. the only thing i've wondered about was their shape/size. in order to get full charging power out of a solar panel, it needs to be as flat and streamline as possible in order to "catch" the most sunlight right? but when i look at some these solar cars being worked on today.. they just don't really look marketable. i mean, is anyone going to want a solar corvette if it looks like a pancake? these are just my thoughts, i haven't done a ton of reasearch though. if i get some time this weekend maybe i'll read up a little bit.

Gold Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 1124
I wouldn't count on a pancake car per say. A simple battery powered car has several advantages (operational flexibility, aesthetics, cost) over the pancake, and no real downfalls provided it gets its energy from a green source (geothermal, wind, solar, etc).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us