Cell phone numbers going public tomorrow

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12500
Cell phone numbers going public tomorrow

REMINDER....all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies tomorrow and you will start to receive sale calls.

.....YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:

888-382-1222.

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time
It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

or you can do this via the internet, at this link...

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

You can also register your home phone as well...up to 3 phone numbers...

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

It take about 20 seconds.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5115
THANKS!

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2873
That was a major glitch-filled pain in the azz but I finally got it to work. Thanks LK.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3264
LOL, did you even read what it says on the do not call web site?

" Did you get an email claiming that your cell phone is about to be assaulted by telemarketing calls because of a new cell phone number database? Those claims are not true. In fact, federal law prohibits telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phones. You may place your personal cell phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry, but there is generally no reason to do so. For more information, see the FTC's press release "The Truth about Cell Phones and the Do Not Call Registry". "

According the very site you just linked to, there's no need to put cell phone numbers on the list.

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 964
damn, beat me to that...its true...cell phone numbers are NOT being released.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12520
This is NOT a hoax...I get telemarketers ocassionally now calling my cell phone....NOT all use an "automated" calling system...I have the state police, democrat club, etc call me seeking donations, all the time...and I know where and how they got my name and number,,,from a local golf course where I use a different name ( its an old joke and long story) but my real phone #, every time I have called there and made a T time...the telemarkets arlways ask for my "golf gourse" name..."hello may I speak to Mr IP Daley please"..

so there is reason to be on a DO NOT call list!

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 1898
i haven't looked into this at all so i don't know what's going on, but for the record i've never had a single telemarketer call my cell phone.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5120
i have gotten telemarketers calling my cell before, like LK said not all use automatic dialers.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6307
i had some lady ask me if i wanted a credit card for my business i was running....i told her, "wow i was unaware i had a business, may i as what my business does?"

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10365
I used to get calls on my cell from Verizon directly, asking me if I would like to upgrade my plan. Just by telling them to fug off cost me my minutes. You think they don't know that? It could be the prez himself now, if your name doesn't come up on ID I'm not answering it.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 1903
"It could be the prez himself now, if your name doesn't come up on ID I'm not answering it."

I'd pick it up and tell his as$ to FU<K OFF!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10374
Lol pit. It would still cost you though.

Gold Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 1014
LK: You might also note per http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt107.shtm number 29

"Placing your number on the National Do Not Call Registry will stop most telemarketing calls, but not all. Because of limitations in the jurisdiction of the FTC and FCC, calls from or on behalf of political organizations, charities, and telephone surveyors would still be permitted, as would calls from companies with which you have an existing business relationship, or those to whom you've provided express agreement in writing to receive their calls."

So the Democrats and state police will still be calling for money.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10376
Yes and I believe even companies who have affiliates of those can still contact you. As long as you continue business with some entity you are subjected to solicitaion from any "sister" company affiliated with them. Another loop hole. Also I believe if you contact any company you've reset the bar, so to speak. I could be way off. Just what I remember.

I know the pretty little thing (maybe not) on the other end is only doing her job but I don't feel bad simply hanging up on them. I even give the phone to my 6 year old son so he can "chat" with them lol. It's priceless. I've taught him to ask "So what are you wearing" and "my Daddy's downstairs polishing his guns"....LOLOLOL.....

You can hear them frantically asking "is your Daddy there?" Lol.

He has a blast with it.

If you can't beat them.........

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5309
LK,

Where did you get your info?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help