Man dies after 3 constant days of gaming ....

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12215
Man Dies After Three Days Online

Posted: 2007-09-17 11:21:06
Filed Under: Weird News

BEIJING (Sept. 17) - A man in southern China appears to have died of exhaustion after a three-day Internet gaming binge , state media said Monday.

The 30-year-old man fainted at a cybercafe in the city of Guangzhou on Saturday afternoon after he ha been playing games online for three days, the Beijing News reported.

Paramedics tried to revive him but failed and he was declared dead at the cafe, it said. The paper said that he may have died from exhaustion brought on by too many hours on the Internet.

The report did not say what the man, whose name was not given, was playing.

The report said that about 100 other Web surfers "left the cafe in fear after witnessing the man's death."

China has 140 million Internet users, second only to the United States. It is one of the world's biggest markets for online games, with tens of millions of players, many of whom hunker down for hours in front of PCs in public Internet cafes.

Several cities have clinics to treat what psychiatrists have dubbed "Internet addiction" in users, many of them children and teenagers, who play online games or surf the Web for days at a time.

WTF ! ......

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 4546
Yeah I heard the same thing about a Asian girl last year I think, she died flat out on her keyboard or something like that because the game was so obsessive!

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 4547
And who says the game can't kill you dead wrong if you don't sleep and moderate you're life like an ordinary person would.

I like playing classic games like "Space Invaders" and "Asteroids" but not online with other users in an ego exempt for personal competition I do it for a realise of tension for about 40 minutes most days.

Upload

END OF LINE...

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 965
What a lightweight!

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1487
Maybe it's just propaganda by the Chinese Government to get people to spend less time playing games on the Net.
I like the classics too. My favorite is Galaxian.

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12152
I'm still trying to figure out Ping Pong and Pacman....nevermind Donkey Kong....LOL

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12153
BTW...those players all died from dehydration, cause they ONLY drank beer when playing, but NO water...LMAO

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1853
i'd love to know what these people are thinking...

play another life, or eat to get rid of the feeling of death approaching...

decisions decisions...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12154
Doesn't China still have that 1 child rule?...if so, then since they can't get down to "business" , I guess they're bored so they play games instead of screwing around....

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12218
longest i probably ever payed was about 4-5hrs playing legend of zelda on SNES & Star wars return of jedi on NES since u could not save this game ...but i did pause these games & take a few 10mins break in between to p\ee , eat ,stretch

after i played even those few hrs i nticed i used to feel super fatigue & very lazylike so i only did it about 5 times since that sh1t is very unhealthy ....

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 4559
BTW...those players all died from dehydration, cause they ONLY drank beer when playing, but NO water...LMAO

Oh yeah that would of course f_u=c_k you right up! I always drink mineral water when gaming with classics.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us