Brad

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Memphis MC-2500D, 2 15 RD Audi... US of A

Post Number: 1826
i want tight deep punchy bass outta my kick.
what do i need to do?
and how do i tune the heads?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 15229
that will be kinda hard to do unless you build an awesome enclosure for your speakers at the kick.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1828
haha chad. im talking about my kick drum. in my drum set. lol. sorry for the confusion

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 15230
lol

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1793
lol

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10108
Lol

I hate missing out lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1831
lol

i kinda think its funny now. lol. where is brad?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12838
lol?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1835
and im also not so sure. why everyone is loling?

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 376
lol

bandwagon

Gold Member

Post Number: 1799
cause we want to bish...j/p I dunno, why did you lol in your 2nd post in this thread?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1837
it was my third b!tch. lol. and cause of what chad said.. idk. i jus wantd to know why everyone else was.. i get to. i started this damn thread. so suck on that.. lmao

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2821
Sorry Chase I have been gone all weekend. Had a show Saturday night and spent 10 hours in the studio today finishing the drum tracks for this up and coming 16 year old girl's cd. Can't say her name right now but you guys will be the first to hear the demos.

Ok this is what to do. Get a Remo Powerstroke 3 or Pinstripe head. Put it on and before you put the hoop over it, push down real hard in the center so it seats itself and gets all the crackles and kinks out of the head. Then, put the hoop on and tighten all the lugs finger tight until they are all uniform. Then, with a tuning key, turn them all 1/2 turn until they are barely tight and all of the wrinkles in the head are gone. Tap with a drumstick at each lug and try to match the pitch of all of them as close as you can. The head should be free of wrinkles but still fairly loose at this point, that's how you want it. Then put the drum in playing position and attach your kick pedal. Loosen the top two lugs at the top of the kick about a 1/2 turn, a couple slight wrinkles are ok. I am not sure why but when you loosen the top two lugs it gives the drum a great punch. I am not sure if Pearl cuts a hole in the front (stage side) head but if not cut one with a bowl or something and an exacto about 6-7" in diameter. Do this when the head is on the drum and is tight. You can buy one of those ring kits that go around the hole to avoid tearing. Then, get a small blanket and fold it up until it is about 18" across, roll it up and stick it through the hole and then unroll it until it is folded like it was. Place it against the head and up the sides of the drum. It should be about 2-3" high ideally. Make sure to buy an impact pad for your kick head so your beater doesn't maul it. I use this one: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Aquarian-DKP2-Double-Kick-Drum-Pad?sku=44 9402

That's it, you now have a punchy and deep sounding kick drum

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1847
so brad, while were on the subject here, whats a cheap good sounding cymbal that'll take some abuse? i was looking at z customs but i don't wanna spend that much right now...

just got into a dual bass setup btw, its fun

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2824
Paiste PST5 rock crash. $89 for an 18" with free shipping. Best budget cymbals by far.

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--PST06528

Gold Member

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1848
^ i like... thanks. did u change that link? lol cuz when i looked at it before it was off GC and a rock crash now its same day music with a medium crash, same series though

also lookin for some sticks to stock up on if you could share some wisdom there too. 5a preferably. so far the zildjian dips have lasted the longest for me but they're a little heavier than i'd like... plus they tear my hands up

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2825
Yeah I swapped out the link because GC's prices are screwed up plus SDM offers free shipping no matter the total. Great store. As far as sticks go, try the Vater Pro Rock. I have been using them for the last few years and they are the best I have ever played. A bit thinner and longer than a 5A but still lightweight... they feel perfect.

Here are a few pics of the current setup from my show on Saturday for the city of San Elijo Hills.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4l5u343&s=1
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4l79zs6&s=1
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4pbpav8&s=1

Gold Member

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1849
wish i had a kit that nice...

well thanks for the advice thus far. and i'll have to get some pics of my conglomerated kit up for you to see lol.

one last question. what do you use to dampen your toms? i basically have a paper towel folded up and taped on them, which works good, but i'd like something less obtrusive. rings are a ripoff...

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2826
Moon Gel pads. They are silicone pieces that you stick on the head and can move around until you get the perfect tone. They rule. When they lose their stick and/or get dirty you just wash them in soap and water and they are like brand new again. You can see them on my drums in the last two pics. I don't use one on the 10" tom because the head is too small to have much ring.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/RTOM-Moongel-Dampening-Gels?sku=443323

Gold Member

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1850
you have an answer for everything brad lol your the man

Gold Member

Post Number: 1839
hey thanks alot brad. i apprecaiate it a ton.

Username: Anex

Post Number: 1

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10148
Hello, and welcome.

Bronze Member
Username: North_of_ontario

Post Number: 21
well, thanks gentle man

Gold Member

Post Number: 1811
Look at what Travis Barker did to Soulja Boy's song. Dude...it sounds really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKQgDY0pZ68
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us