Global warming you say????

Bronze Member
Username: Tigger_woods

Post Number: 61
Here`s the latest

http://www.dailytech.com/Survey+Less+Than+Half+of+all+Published+Scientists+Endor se+Global+Warming+Theory/article8641.htm

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2753
yeah global warming is bullshit... it was snowing in arizona and new mexico last year

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5920
uh....its happening

thats as far as im going on this thread

and no im not some crazy azz hippie strying to save the world

Gold Member

Post Number: 2755
proof yanks?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3514
http://www.keepwintercool.org/images/nrdc_earth_small.jpg need anymore proof than that. but IMO were all gonna be dead by the time it has major effects so im not too concerned.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
You people cant see past your democrat politics..It`s true,I challenge all of you here to have a poll,you will learn that 96% plus of the people that post here are dirty democrats.. Some will say...I AM A INDEPENDENT...HORSE HOCKY!!!

Answer a few quick questions here and my point will be proven.

Are you pro life?? (you cant be pro life and vote democrat) a democrat vote means supreme court judges will be pro abortion.

Are you pro family? Means are you for homosexualityyyy/ gggay marriage basically

Are you for prayer in schools, the pledge etc?

Do you want the US to win the war in Iraq?

Do you believe in evolution? Is the Bible full of lies?

Are you a Christian??

You are saying yes, some of you, but you dont believe the words of Jesus...

You dont believe that Jesus said...I am the way the truth and the life..No man comes to the father but through me.

No surprise to me that you have fallen for the global warming theory. The same scientists that believe that also believe in evolution etc.

We came out of the slime, once apes, after a huge explosion in space. No ryme or reason... You cant believe that and be a Christian.

Ask how the temperature of the earth is taken?

Have there been hotter times in the short period that we have kept records??

You poor souls

God bless you all. I will pray for you.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5924
well thanks dustin....i wont go into a giant scientific explanation

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5026
get off here with your christain psycho-babble

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5926
dont you talk to tiger like that lol

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, New Numbers ...

Post Number: 844
global warming has never been proven to be caused by anything other than normal changes in the earths atmosphere. The earth was actually WARMER than today about 20,000 years ago.

and to prove "global warming" you have to know what the earths "normal" temperature is supposed to be, which since the earth was around millions of years BEFORE man, there's no way of knowing.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9688
This is far too big/important of an issue to label it religious in nature. Why did you bring that to the table Tiger????????

We as a species are demanding answers to our questions. Science can do that. Science can show us our links to the past and how it influences our future. Science has brought to the table alot more than what religion brings. It may not be perfect and will continue to have flaws but is evolving as well. I'm just playing along here but what's the bible's answer to our problem with global warming? I say stop praying for ppl and start acting as a responsible member of this planet.

And for the record I'm Christian, who recycles and uses solar energy to reduce my fossil fuel dependency. A ton more effective to our enviornment/planet than lighting a candle.

Consider that my $.02 in the collection basket this Sunday.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2756
i agree about most everyone here being dirty libs and that global warming is bullsh!t. can your website explain the snow in the desert this year dustin?

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3516
ha i'll play along tiger just cause im bored

Are you pro life?? (you cant be pro life and vote democrat) a democrat vote means supreme court judges will be pro abortion.- no im pro choice, but have limits like not every slvt can just come in and have an abortion, they either have to be a r@pe vitctim or have extenating consequnces.

Are you pro family? Means are you for homosexualityyyy/ gggay marriage basically- honestly could care less as long as there not being gayy around me i could care less what they do in their own home.

Are you for prayer in schools, the pledge etc?- pledge yes, prayers no.

Do you want the US to win the war in Iraq?- ha thats such a fvcked up deal who knows what the fvckk is gonna happen, bush is a douche bag.

Do you believe in evolution? Is the Bible full of lies?- the bible IMO is a complete load of sh1t, do i believe in "god" no, but there is something higher than us that i know.

Are you a Christian- na i consider myself more atheist than anything, whatever happens when die just happens nothing you can do about it.

but my question i WTF does religon have to do with global warming? and wolfy do you know anything about the earth? the earth goes through cycles it gets hot then cold ever heard of a thing called an ice age? not the movie the real thing, it will happen again to what extent no one knows so deal with it.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3517
" can your website explain the snow in the desert this year dustin"

um no, can this thread explain why your such a douche bag?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5029
the point is the earth is going threw an accelerated climate change. global warming i dont really think is the best term for it. im not expert on this but if read/watched alot of it. because of what they call global warming the summers and winters are going to be getting more extream to put it short.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5929
ima go find my damn ap enviro notebook from last year and fill in some facts.....ill do it tomorrow cause im feeling tired tonite lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
Hey, the main thing I was trying to point out was this...

Has it never crossed your minds that most of you agree on this site about politics etc?? That was my main point. Most of you hate GW Bush, call him a liar etc. You mostly all hold the same beliefs on the war in Iraq.You mostly all believe the Al Gore global warming theory.

Does it not seem the slightest bid strange that you are mostly in agreement on all things political???

I have been here for some time and it is a mostly 1 sided discussion board.

Even if you took the worst case scenario Gallup poll, there are still some 35 % that support President Bush etc. (GALLUP btw, as well as all the other polls are taken by liberals) but that is another story altogeather. Rasmussen the only guy to get the last 2 presidential elections right has had Bush at around 40 % for the longest time.

This forum is not a true sample of America...

Is not this site in the state of Mass.... home of the Kennedy`s, Kerry`s etc.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5031
this is not a true sample of america, well i guess you could say that according to your statistics anyway. but really stats. are all bullsh;t anyway though. plus this forum mainly consists of punk little kids who like banging bass subs and stuff. not your 50year old right wingers who love bush. but if anything this is basically part of the future generation so i would say this is infact a true sample of the real america.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2759
haha thanks dustin... by the way, the religion you described is abnostic... anyways, what made you turn this into a personaly attack... i was just wondering if your website explained that... this thread does nothing but show your hate for bush has molded your beliefs and that some bad times in your life or maybe bad friends have led you to believe God isn't there for you... im sorry man and i hope you find the light...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2760
mat i agree with what you're saying too and it's true the climate is going crazy but it's not global warming... especially with the winters we've been having....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
Well said Reece

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 911
Here's a thought: What does it hurt anything either way to reduce our emissions?

Enough people with more brains than any one of us feel that our carbon emissions are creating a change in our climate. Data seems to show that as an overall trend, the Earth is warming, in spite of a freak incident of snow here and there in Arizona. Data also seems to show that our greenhouse gas emissions are potentially responsible for this. Even if not everyone agrees, why take the chance? Why wait 100 years to see if the Earth is overall 5-10 degrees hotter before making a change? Think if it were a military threat. We have some, but far from complete information that Iran has a nuclear weapons program. Are we sitting with our thumbs up our @sses waiting for them to bomb us, or are we being proactive about the issue?

As far as the "solution", I fail to see why people are whining about a little bit of conservation. It will make life better for reasons far beyond global warming. Use less electricity, and you get a lower power bill, contribute less to pollution, and help save resources. Drive a hybrid, and you pay less for gas, pollute less, and help save resources. Recycle and you create less garbage, pollute less, and save resources. In the long run, these things don't cost much of anything to implement, and they will have a significant positive impact, both on your day to day life, and the world. If they happen to help us not roast in 100 years, so much the better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
If you took a camera crew outside in downtown New York City and asked them their feelings on global warming, I think you would find that many people have a different definition as to what it means.

I really believe that many people believe that Global warming theory`s are just that we should look after the environment...Who is against clean water? Nobody I know.

We all want clean rivers and streams etc.

GLOBAL WARMING THEORYS are actually a giant leap and not at all scientific...IMHO

and btw...who is a scientist???

wolfman knows of what he speaks as well

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 912
Keep in mind there Tiger that still only 6% dismiss it outright. That is hardly proof that global warming is BS. The main problems with global warming theories are insufficient data (not enough time to truly examine a long term trend), and an abundance of other variables that affect the temperature.

"I really believe that many people believe that Global warming theory`s are just that we should look after the environment"

To some degree. It is more about energy efficiency. The less we use, the less fuel we use, which in turn reduces both the amount of pollutants in the air as well as CO2. Drive a more efficient car; use less electricity at home; recycle; walk to get somewhere when feasible. These things reduce both pollutants and greenhouse gas emissions.

"Who is against clean water? Nobody I know. "

Everybody wants clean water for themselves. Of course if you pay a guy $1000 bucks to drop a quart of motor oil into a river, he'd probably do it.

"GLOBAL WARMING THEORYS are actually a giant leap and not at all scientific...IMHO"

Some are, some aren't. Some scientists give extreme examples; some are more realistic. Some say they simply can't tell at this time. However, I would tend to trust some of the major scientific organizations (pretty much all of which acknowledge global warming as an issue to some degree or another).

Of course, if you want to read a real paper, by an institution with some standing in the international community, try these

http://books.nap.edu/html/climatechange/

http://www.ametsoc.org/policy/climatechangeresearch_2003.html

http://www.agu.org/sci_soc/policy/climate_change_position.html

and one that is on the fence (big surprise there, coming from the petroleum industry)

http://dpa.aapg.org/gac/statements/climatechange.cfm

Gold Member

Post Number: 9704
It will always be cheaper to conserve energy than to produce it. Do I believe in the global warming trend? It's not conjecture, it's not what might be, it's what's actually happening right now. The major concern is at the rate it's happening as opposed to original estimates. Take into consideration the world's population explosion and our diminishing effects on reforestation and you have real problems for the future on this blue/green marble of ours.

Snow in the desert is only a random side effect of this equation that proves that the Earth's climate is changing. Square mile ice flows are breaking off at unusual rates at the poles by the increase in water temp. Everyone who's familiar with global warming knows what that's going to do: disrupt the gulf stream and its' Earth warming definitions.

Should we panic? Should we make plans to abandon this place in the next 1000 years? C'mon.

What our biggest problem I see is the planet's population. It's spinning out of control. We will graze this place of all the farmland and fish the oceans dry far sooner than experts predicted. Losing a few inches of beach a year pales in comparison to a world wide hunger epidemic.

None of this is a joke. Humans HAVE to learn how to conserve/recycle/regulate ALL our resources, and there are so many ways of doing it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
Even the LEFT WING NY TIMES slammed Al Gores extreme theory. They questioned much of what he claims.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 473
yes it snowed here in phoenix, arizona last year it was pretty cool lol, im crossing my fingers and hope it snows every year from now on:-D

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5034
politics and religion aside, the earth is changing and it wouldnt kill people to clean up their act and help preserve it, and be a little more proactive in conservation.

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 712
Guys, only a fool could say global warming isnt happening. All it means is our planet is getting warmer. Its not a bad word. lol. Sure we will have to adjust. And I am curious how they measured temps back 200 years ago with the accuracy we have today? I think our earth does go in cycles, but to think people arent causing some of this?? Whatever

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 4490
I'd say global warming is positive reality I mean with all the rain this country has been getting this summer which was rather odd to see temperature declined, yeah I'd say somewhere between the lines mother nature is pretty messed up and there's very little we can do unless we start now and cut back on the nasty elements that end up in our atmosphere if that goes we're in DEEP TROUBLE! And no president or Prime Minster, would have the power to reverse the affects, they'd be totally powerless to save the planet!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5966
biggest problem with global warming would be the melting of the ice caps which will raise the levels of the oceans which will in turn flood a lot of cities, states, coutries, etc.....florida would be mostly wiped out....

ironically enough, my house would be ocean front property according to the projected new map lol

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 4493
I bet you "Lex Luther" is behind all this because he likes beach front property.
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 9750
Hmmmmm. Uncontrollable population explosion coupled with shrinking land mass compounded by depletion of natural resources equals

Take a look around right now. We've BEEN fighting over oil, land values are at least 10 times what they were 100 years ago, we buy bottled water religiously, illegal immigration is rampant, the night skies are not what they used to be, and sooner or later this planet will become tired of its' surface nuisance.

Upload

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5040
its not polar ice caps melting and flooding everything thats the biggest problem its throwing off the worlds currents which regulate the temperatures. which in an extreame case could send the earth into some sort of ice age.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9844
Yes! And the gulf stream as well as all others are influenced by the melting of the caps. Any increase in ocean level affects the "streams" no matter where they are. You disrupt the flow of warm water/air to the north you slip into an "Ice age" eventually. This is the global warming theory. Take it as its' worth.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5990
exactly paul.....dope your right, you just took what i said a step further

Gold Member

Post Number: 9851
You're a smart cookie yanks.

One thing I learned as a carpenter was always looking ahead and how that affects what I'm doing now. You just can't live life by the seat of your pants and expect to come out golden all of the time. It WILL catch up to you.

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 804
Christ!! Did no one watch that documentary
"The Day After Tomorrow"??? It expains it all!
I think Dennis Quaid narrated it. lol

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 674
its in my physical geography text book. good enough for me....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us