Golf, anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2425
I recently started playing golf again, and I've decided it's more addictive than heroine. I started playing my freshman year of highschool with friends and after my sophomore year I didn't pick up a club until about a month ago. I'm an average golfer at best, but everytime I manage to hit a great iron or pound a 300 yard drive down the middle of the fairway it just gives me the faint hope that someday I will be able to play a good game of golf. The five or six good shots I make seem to overshadow the long day of chunks, slices, and hooks; not to mention water balls.

That's my little synopsis about golf now who else here plays? I just ordered a new set of irons and an awesome driver!

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1514
right here... i play for the school im number 1 on the team.. me and friend are constanly battling for 1 or 2, but neither of us want it, cause the guys that are 1's from other schools, are like freaking amazing... but yeah, i shot about +2 to +6 on an average day. pending on course difficulty.. my home course which is a POS i shoot about even par.
driver i average about 315yd, if i do my sh!t right it goes straight but sometimes i get in a big hurry and it draws a lil bit.
3-5 iron are about the same in disance for me. about 230 yards.
then tapers off, my clubs have high loft.
my pw goes aout 130.
in short i love golf

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5374
im going to a driving range with my friend tomorrow. neither of us have ever played golf before so its gonna be hilarious. in a few weeks we are gonna play a real round of golf with my other friend who is money at golf.

how much does going to the driving rnge typically cost?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SEALED IS THE ONLY WAY

Post Number: 13979
its 10 bux for a bucket of balls around here.

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1516
about 2 bucks here. for 25 balls.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3824
driving range cost idk?
but i love golf
as of now i got a calaway big bertha warbird driver and some other random irons and woods
im soon going to buy a Acer driver that i tested a while back that i LOVED

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5386
good deal....im trying to learn golf and actually be semi-decent at it....it looks like a bunch of fun. and now that im done with soccer (), i need a new sprt to do lol

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1517
i use taylor made drivers and ping irons.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4752
i dont play much golf, just go shoot around the driving rage every few weeks though.

Gold Member

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3826
you would prolly like golf yanks. it really is relaxing and fun (unless you slice it)

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 550
i love to golf. me and a few buddies play every sunday.. only one of us is super good. he played 1 for our high school team and has one a few area tourneys.. but we always play on the small par 3 course to give the rest of us a chance.. lol. i've watched him hit a 9 iron farther than most people can hit a 5 wood.. and he can hit a driver about 310. hell, it's fun just to watch him.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2427
Yeah, I bought a set of Callaway X-16 irons and one of those new Ft-5 drivers. That thing is SWEET! 460cc's of love!

Gold Member

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3827
im not a fan of callaway drivers but irons i like

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8091
One of the best movies made was about golf.

Caddyshack. FTW.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1325
ne one looking for a driver .. i have a mizuno mx-65 id sell

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5390
first time at a driving range ever...shot 45 balls farthest was just aroud 180 and i hit 150 about 10 times, the others werent too hot...should i be proud of this?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2437
probably not... especially if you hit a driver haha. i bet i can tell you what you were doing wrong from out of state. i'd say you were swinging too hard for one and i'd say you pulled your head on 90 percent of the balls you hit.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2438
That ft-5 hits like a dream it's got a HUGE sweet spot, and for that, I love it.

Gold Member

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3839
the acer i tried had a huge sweet spot
my callaway, however, has like a pin head style and its easy to slice with.
every time i hit the ball with the acer it flew very straight and its only 89 bux

Gold Member

Post Number: 2439
clubs came in today! yeah!

Gold Member

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3841
pics?

il take pics of my callaway and post it

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2161
My buddy Garth Smith designs all the club heads for Callaway. He gave me a prototype Big Bertha 1 driver in '04, I still have it even though he told me it is worth around $1000.

Gold Member

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3843
let me have it for 30 brad :D

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1526
ive hit cheaper drivers before, but there is NO distance to them. maybe a lil straighter but not much.. i like distance

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2164
"let me have it for 30 brad :D"

SOLD for $30,000.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3829
golf i love it just dont have the time, last year i bought some new nike slingshopt irons and have a nike 350 cc driver. my golf came in the 90's for 18 not great but not bad for playing 3 times a yr i use to play better when i was on the golf team my freshmen year then i went to soccer(great decision lol) but ya if my driving is good normayll 300+ everytime im doing good but sometimes i hit it a little low or slice all day long then its a long day ive been working on short game with my new 60 degree from cleveland nice club ftw 115 bux for it though ftl lol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5853
well i just wanted to give everyone an update on my golfing.....last time i posted here, i was hitting 150 with the driver lol....now i am hitting 200-250 with a crappy driver (still not great but much better). ive gottten LOADS better over the month....i can actually pick a spot to hit it and land it fairly close....
my best scores so far are i shot a 35 on a par 27 9 hole course and i shot a 101 on a par 74 18 hole course

btw, i got my irons in (taylormade rac os2 irons)and a new bag (taylormade monaco bag black/white)....my putter is my friends taylormade putter (forgot the name) but its very nice....

just wanted to give an update lol

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 11222
a 101 for 18 holes is abolutely great for a newbie golfer...many long time weekend recreational golfers cannot shoot a 101 after years of playing....unless its a REALLY simple easy course with wide open fairways, no water, few bunkers, and very hard ground and a long roll...

BTW...the game is NOT all about driving distance...thats a bunch of crap...its all about the short game...from within 100 yards and your putting...think about it...U only use the driver maybe 14 times (14 strokes) at most in 18 holes...but U will usually always 2 putt a hole for 36 strokes at least...

on a 350 yard hole...I sometimes will use my 5-6 iron off the tee and then use a short iron to get on the dance floor (green), cause I know I cannot hit a driver 350 yards!...and would most likely be in another fairway, if I even tried....lol....course management is also half the game...and knowing and playing within your own abilities...irons can usually be hit with much more accuracy than a driver for most all people...distance is NOT the key to golf...distance is for the Pro;s and showboating kids....like they say, "drive for show, putt for dough" (money- winning)...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5858
the course i played on wasnt the hardest course but it wasnt the easiet....every hole had a water hazard and atleast 3 bunkers scattered around....

and for the holes that were about 300-350, i just used my 6 iron and hit it about 175 and followed it up with another shot which landed me closer to the green where i just chipped on....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11230
now thats smart course management!...whoever is teaching U, is a smart guy!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5862
i have not taken any lessons or learned from anyone......everything i have learned has been from just me teaching myself.....i think its really nice being able to teach yourself the game so that when you do good, you can say to yourself that it was all me out there and no one else

Username: John_packer

Post Number: 1
I am a Tiger Woods fan

Gold Member

Post Number: 2727
I've been playing lately, and my driving has become insane... i can hit 325-340 yard drives now, but my short game sucks... LK is right. It's about the short game. I recently shot a 42 on a par 37 course, that's fairly hard.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11235
Yanks take at least 1 lesson from a pro, and U will be amazed at what U learn...do it now, before U develop "bad habits"...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5863
yea LK im gonna take atleast one lesson from a pro sometime soon i think....i figure it'll help me with something....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2730
yeah i'd like to take lessons, but i have a friend who plays alot so he just give me tips and pointers... it hink that helps alot... i meant to say par 36 in my last post by the way

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago Ima graffiti...

Post Number: 1734
["I'm an average golfer at best, but everytime I manage to hit a great iron or pound a 300 yard drive down the middle of the fairway it just gives me the faint hope that someday I will be able to play a good game of golf. The five or six good shots I make seem to overshadow the long day of chunks, slices, and hooks; not to mention water balls"]

Couldn't agree more. There is something special about golf compared to other sports. Don't know how to put it but it's just so dynamic and complex. No two rounds of golf could ever be the same or even all that similar. It's athletic, competetive, you connect with nature....golf is beautiful.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11237
Most of us are use to "contact" team sports and considered golf NOT really sport....but once U play a couple times, U get pissed , and "challenged"...and no little stupid white ball" is gonna kick my azz...lol

so its the competitive nature we have within us that makes the game enjoyable but also hateful...Golf is a love/hate relationship...and because it consumes your entire thought process, u don't have time to worry or think about other things going on in your life...so its also a temp stress reliever from reality and the priorty issues in our lives...Golf can be "medicinal"....

grrrrrr...I'm gonna KILL the next golf ball I see....LMAO!!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11238
shooting a 42 for 9 holes = 84 for 18...and most golfers who play their entire life will never shoot an 84...I never have!...and I've been playing about 12 years now....U are MUCH better than me!...I average about 90-92 give or take 3 strokes either way...but I have some days and courses, where I shoot a 95-97 on some occassions.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2738
well that was a REALLY good day for me... i've shot 45s and such, but i'm sure you've played on a lot more challenging courses than i have... some days everything just clicks, others you never wanna play again... another thing is there is no way i could have repeated the performance on the back nine with fatigue and heat and such...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11295
what I really cannot stand when playng with MANY people...MANY use this "NEW MATH" thing....LMAO..its amazing how people CANNOT count up to 10...

they shoot a 8 and say it was a 6, shoot a 6 on a par3 and say it was a 4...I can count my own strokes and the other 3 peoples WITH NO problems...its a easily learned instinct...I don't do it intentionally (count THEIR strokes)...my best golfing bud, CHEATS EVERY time we play...and its always 10-15 strokes under what he REALLY actually shot...and I call him out on it all the time, and EXPLAIN what club, strokes. and where he was on the hole, but he always says NO, I'm wrong..,lol...he just won't admit it...lol

driver in the rough...3 wood out...150 yard 6-7 iron short of green...chili dipped or skulled the ball, past the green...then chip on green... and 2 putt = 7 ...NOT a 5!...LMAO

I count every single stroke of mine...and do NOT move the ball, ground the sand wedge, etc...we do however allow 1 "mulligan " off the T, every 9 holes...and allow a Free lift if U may damage your club from a tree root IN the ground...or Fire ants in the area...lol

I play against myself and try and better my game and score, so I must keep an honest score....I'm NOT playing AGAINST anybody else....but I hate cheaters!.....now in baseball and basketball, cheating is part of the game...U know, an elbow to the ribs in B ball or step on their feet (lol)while running , a wide "slide" to take out the double play etc..but in golf , cheating is not tolerated, its a game of honor and integrity as well as the mental/physical skills..people only cheat themselves in golf...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5880
damn cheaters LK.....kick their azz lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2740
i agree completely...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5935
shot another 35 today on a 9 hole par 3 course....had my first chip-in from about 15-20 yeards

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11554
Playing "beer" golf tomorrow with my 2 sons and another bud....everyone everyone must drink a beer on each hole...and the hole "worse scorer" must drink an additional one...I think my youngest military son (28) is gonna be cocked by the 6th hole and probably 12 beers later....LOL

I bet none of us even break 100....LMAO...in fact 120 may be the best round and a couple dozen lost drunken balls.....lol...we'll have fun!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5948
lol thats sounds awesome LK....

btw, shot yet another 35 on the 9 hole par 3 course this morning...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5959
gotta ask you all, im looking for a new putter. i went and played aroud with a taylormade belly putter at diccks today and i loved it. every one of my putts were dead on and i sunk about 6-7 in a row. i was just wondering how you all felt on belly putters?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11569
I use a $15 cheapo from Sams Club, for years now....lol...and I LOVE MY PUTTER....ITS ALL ABOUT WHAT FEELS GOOD TO U....

gotta go, got a 0915 T time, and need to load up the coolers (can only fit a case(24) in each cart....will end up buying some more from the beer cart girl (she's about 19-20 and "hot" too....lmao)....hehehe..."beer golf" day, love em...but I don't do this normally, but only once a year..

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5970
very true LK. i think ima get the belly putter. i look silly using it but it works for me.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11586
well....we're hurtin puppies today, after "beer golf" yesterday....but it was worth it....lmao...I was the low score at 108, lol...and thats ONLY cause I had some lucky bounces etc (should have shot 148)....we were just AWFUL and COCKED!...I almost accidentally and "cocked/hammered" put the cart in the middle of the lake on the 17th hole...we had to pull it out of the lakes 2-4 inches of water's edge....hehehe....then we all just dove into the lake and played the 18th (520 yards) soaked!...and all used a driver the entire hole, including to putt with....it was a blast...but glad its only once a year...and my 2 sons are on the couches/sofas "glued" immobilized to ESPN.....we're gonna have a "health" R&R day....lmao...

Normally I say..."the liver is evil and needs to be punished" , but today it needs a break!...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2770
Haha... sounds like a blast.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6184
anyone have tips on how to drive the ball further and straighter?

my drives only go about 200-250 and slice right every other time usually....

Gold Member

Memphis MC-2500D, 2 15 RD Audi... US of A

Post Number: 1855
yanks. im assuming u have a natural "loose" grip on your club. if you roll your wrists over where u can see ur knuckles on ur left hand, that should fix your slice. then once u get adjusted to that u will start hooking the ball, so jus slowly creep your left hand to where u can see less and less of ur knuckles until it goes straight. also make sure your not trying to kill it. a nice smooth swing will generate alot of disance. also your club shaft might have to much flex if ur swing is naturally hard, assuming it is since your probably over 6 foot tall, check ur staff stiffness, and see what kinda shaft you have. and make sure to keep your head down.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6186
i only slice the ball with my driver....every other club i can usually bet money with saying itll be straight.
thanks chase, im going back to the driving range today, will let you know how it works out

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12143
Its common for a beginner to "slice" the ball...in fact many people always slice it...when I began playing , I would slice it 2 fairways over...LOL

Golf is a game of opposites....its especially hard for those that played baseball for a long time...

For right handed hitters, Initially to correct my slice (U are hitting the ball inside to out, kinda like a pool stick hitting the left side of a cue ball) to "right field", I use to try to "pull the ball" using a "left field " stance, which made my slice even worse...so 1 day, an old timer buddy told me to try and hit the ball with a "right field" stance, which will mentally automatically make U roll your wrists forward and left, upon impact, and correct the slice and put top spin on the ball for more roll and distance...it worked!....then eventually U will learn to hit to "center field" with a nice straight shot and distance...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6192
got myself a putter today finally....no more using the old azz piece lol

my driving was better today, not great. more straight tho

Gold Member

Post Number: 1859
kEEP adjusting your hands yanks. youll get it

i shot a 36 on a par 36. so shot even par.

it was my second best game ever. i hit all 18 fairways, and was 100% GIR

Gold Member

Post Number: 1864
haha i cant believe no one cought that.. i didnt until just now. lol. even par per nine. lmao. it was par 36 on the front 36 on the back. lol.so it was 72 for the whole course. lol.. so i shot a 72 lmao.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6196
lol i was gonna call you out on it but it confused me so i decided to just leave it alone lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us