How do I transfer video to comp?

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 824
Say I wanted to upload a video to Youtube or something. How do I go about this? I can't figure it out.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1436
What are you transferring the vid to your computer from?

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 825
Samsung Mini DV camcorder. I tried using the USB cable, but nothing comes up on the computer. Do I need a special program or something?

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1437
You need to download and install the specific USB driver for your camcorder. You can most likely find it here:

http://www.driverguide.com/

Login: drivers
Pwd: all

Click on "click here" at the bottom of the paragraph, then scroll down and click on "USB" at the bottom right of the list. Then click on #3 Samsung, then find the model number of your dv cam (or type the model # in the search box if you don't see it on the list) and find the driver that matches your operating system.

If you can't get one there, give me the model number and I will find you a driver.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2428
after plugging in, did you turn the camera on? Most Newer windows will recognize it and auto install/run it. Thats how it works for me anyway. But you may need a driver like brad says. Also if you go to my computer, do you see the camera in the list?

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1318
yeah, it should pop up as "removable drive
(E:-)" or with the name of the camera under "my computer

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1319
that smiley face should be a :

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 826
Ok, on driverguide.com, I found three different things that say driver. One says Driver.zip, the other says MP_DV.zip, and the third says DV_10.zip. Which one should I need?

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 827
BTW, the camera is a Samsung SC-D353.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1466
I upped the correct driver to sendspace:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qnw9uk

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 828
Still not working. Do I need the CD that came with the camera to install it?

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1469
Hard to say what is going on without being there but that is the correct driver and it should work. After you plug in the camera via usb check in my computer for your camera in the list of drives. If it isn't there try uninstalling your usb and reinstalling it in device manager. Sounds to me like something is corrupt. You could search google with your model number and problem and see if there are any forums that had the same issue.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., Always remem... USA

Post Number: 2973
oh jeez, you have the CD? of course you need the software to make it work.

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 829
In My Computer, it should come up under Scanners and Cameras right? It doesn't. When I go to install the camera, it says insert installation CD if you have one. I don't have one. I click install automatically and it says "The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software. Click back if you have installation media such as CD-ROM, or if you know the location of the software."

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1471
Let me see if I can find you that software hold on...

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1472
I didn't know you had NO software installed... it helps to know these things. I just thought it was an issue with your USB drivers. Here is the software:

http://www.samsung.com/support/productsupport/download/Model_Select.aspx?type=Ca mcorder&typecode=200500&subtype=Digital+Camcorder&subtypecode=200501&model=SCD35 3&filetype=SW&language=

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 830
Yeah, sorry about that. I've had this camera for a couple years and never thought to do anything with it until the other night. I lost the box that it came in, which is probably where the CD is. I'm downloading the software now. Thanks for the help.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1473
No prob man

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 831
Ok, that didn't work either. WTMF am I doing wrong here?

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 832
Sorry Brad, but I'm at a loss here. What else can I do besides try to find the CD? Whatever I downloaded there didn't do anything.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1483
That WAS what is on the cd.

There are a few things you can do at this point. First, are you using the same USB input everytime? If so, try another one, the one you have been using may either be dead or disconnected. Try one that has something USB already hooked up to it and is working. Most computers have several on the back and some have front mounted ones too. Also some keyboards have their own USB inputs as well. I think I have a total of 7-8 on this (custom) system.

Update your motherboard drivers. You should do this for sure no matter what.

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers
1. Click Start, and click Control Panel, and then click Performance and Maintenance.
2. Click System, and then click the Hardware tab.
3. Click the Device Manager button.
4. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
5. Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
6. Restart the computer, and then reinstall the USB controllers.
7. Plug in the removable USB storage device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

If you have your XP disc (I am assuming XP) try to run the system file checker. To do this click on start, run, and type in sfc /scannow and click ok. Then it will ask you to insert the XP disc.

When you enter capture mode in your software, does the camera show up? There will be no 'ding' etc. to tell you that the camera is connected. It will simply appear as an available device in the capture software.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us